Happy Birthday Kim Jongin

Ji Hye Surprise for Kai

 

 

“Bora-yah! You’re gonna help me!!!”, Ji Hye burst into the classroom with a panicked face.

Bora jerked on her seat and turned towards the door. She saw Ji Hye was walking towards her and sadly she let out a  sighed.

“What?”, she muttered when she felt Ji Hye had arrived in front of her.

“You’re going to help me right? Say yes!”, Ji Hye said sound desperate.

Bora looked up and pouted.

“Help you with what?”, she lazily mumbled.

“Help me with…”, she went nearer Bora to whisper something. Hearing that, Bora gasped.

“What? No! He is your boyfriend”, she huffed.

“But Bora-ah, I don’t know how to do this”, Ji Hye whined, earning a weird look from Bora.

Bora blinked at her in disbelief.

“Err, Ji Hye-ah, since when did you learn to whine huh?”, she scoffed.

Ji Hye ignored her.

“Help me first! Will you?”, she pouted, which make Bora mouth opened in jar.

“Okay…okay”, Bora finally agreed after seeing Ji Hye pouted face. Ji Hye pouted was replace by the weird grinned.

“Assa~”, Ji Hye smiled.

“Thanks Bora-ah”, she continued. Bora just shrugged.

 

“So, have you think about something for Kai’s birthday?”, Bora asked as soon as they sat at the corner inside the café.

Ji Hye shrugged.

“I don’t know. This is my first time, and you know that I really hate about this thingy. It seems too…girly”, she huffed in annoyance.

Bora raised her eyebrows at Ji Hye.

“Girly? Well you should, you’re a girl anyway”, she scoffed, earning a glare from Ji Hye.

Bora gave her an innocent smiled and sipped her drink. Just then Ji Hye was in dazed, still thinking what she should do for the birthday.

Bora saw it and secretly smiles at Ji Hye.

Ji Hye suddenly snapped out.

“A-ha! I know what I should do”, she clasped her hands.

“But wait... No... Cancelled”, she huffed and went into dazed again.

“A-ha! Wait… I don’t think so”, she huffed again.

Bora shook her head seeing Ji Hye behaviors. Bora couldn’t take anymore and let out a small sigh.

“Ji Hye-ah”, she called her. Ji Hye immediately snapped out.

“Yes?”, Ji Hye asked.

“You need my help or not?”, Bora sighed, earning a smile from Ji Hye.

“I’m sorry but seriously I really need your help”, she mumbled.

Bora shook her head.

“So have you thought about something that Kai really likes?”, Bora muttered.

“Erm…”, Ji Hye tapped her chin.

After seconds she stopped and turned to Bora. With her pokerfaced, she shrugged at Bora. Bora gasped for the umpteenth time. 

“You’ve been her girlfriend all the time and you still can’t figure what he likes…”, she scoffed.

“Are you sure you’re his girlfriend?”, she continued, earning a sighed from Ji Hye.

“But I think I have something in my mind”, Ji Hye suddenly blurted. Bora jerked up.

“What is that?”, she asked.

Ji Hye shot her a look.

“Let’s just say that I’m doing it alone”, Ji Hye huffed, earning a pout from Bora.

“By the way thanks because you still want to help me”, Ji Hye smiled.

Bora rolled her eyes and slightly nodded.

“Okay then, I’m going first”, Ji Hye got up from her seat.

“Bye~”, she waved and walked away, leaving Bora dumbfounded.

 

 

 

“Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean”, Ji Hye mumbled slowly as she read the recipes from the book.

She got the cake mold and put it in the oven.

Carefully she closed the oven and waited for the cake to get done. It is her first baking a cake, and she was hoping that it would turn good. Waiting eagerly at the dining room, she fumbled her phone and read the recipes again, checking if there was any thing that she left.

*Did I put the sugar in right amount, wait... how about the flour…did I put too much of chocolate chips?*, Ji Hye thought and bit her lips.

The 30 minutes came to the end, Ji Hye quickly went to the oven. Once she opened the oven, the aroma of the cake caught her. She inserted the toothpick to check if the cake is done or not.

She smiled.

*Perfectly done*, she bit her lips to suppress her happiness.

As she was wrapping the cake into a box, someone entered the kitchen.

“WOW! Nice smell!”, Chanyeol beamed and went beside Ji Hye.

“What are you doing Ji Hye-ah, are you baking?”, he asked. Ji Hye slightly nodded and finished her last touch at wrapping the box. Chanyeol looked at her, impressed.

“And since when did you become this…feminine?”, Chanyeol blurted.

Ji Hye shrugged.

“I don’t know, just say that I’ve changed”, Ji Hye muttered.

Chanyeol make a face.

“Huh, changed?”, he snickered.

 "So...who is going to clean this all?", he asked. Ji Hye huffed and rolled her eyes.

"Okay, since you're here. How about you help me", she smiled innocently.

Chanyeol huffed.

"No-",

“Whatever, I’m going”, she quickly cut his words and grabbed the cake.

Before Chanyeol started to talk again, Ji Hye immediately walked away. Without any signs, she walked outside the house and went somewhere. Setting all the things on the grass, Ji Hye took out her phone.

 

 

Kai was staring deeply at his room ceiling.

*Why is Ji Hye so quiet today?*, he thought and bit his lips.  Just then his phone vibrated. 

‘Meet me at the usual place’, Kai smiled as he read the text that he just received from Ji Hye.

He got up from his bed and walked towards his wardrobe and grabbed something more casual to wear. Finished himself, he walked downstairs and went to the usual place that Ji Hye just text him.

Kai smiled as he saw the features in front of him, smiling at him. Ji Hye went nearer to him and grabbed his hand.

“Come but wait…”, she went behind Kai.

She asked Kai to bend down a little. Kai followed her order, just to be surprised by a blindfold covering his eyes.

“What are you doing Ji Hye-ah”, he asked bewildered.

“Shh..”, she hushed him.

“Just follow me”, Ji Hye grabbed his hand and dragged him somewhere. Kai just followed her like a lost dog. Just then, Ji Hye stopped, which make Kai stopped too.

“So now open it”, Ji Hye mumbled, and then she went behind Kai.

Kai opened the blind fold and instantly his lips curved into a big smile.

“Did you do this all by yourself?”, Kai softened and turned to Ji Hye.

In front of him, the grass was covered by the blanket and on the blanket there was a cake that Ji Hye bake and some junk food and some drink. Ji Hye slightly nodded.

“I never thought that you know how to bake? Who teach you? D.O?”, he asked.

Ji Hye shook her head.

“I learned it from book”, she smiled.

“So Happy Birthday. Sorry because of the late wish”, she mumbled and looked at her watch.

It was already 6:30 pm. Kai chuckled and instantly he hugged Ji Hye.

No, don’t say sorry. I thought you were forget about this”, he nuzzled in Ji Hye neck.

Ji Hye bit her lips.

“How can I forget your birthday, but sorry again, because I still doesn’t get you a birthday gift”, she mumbled.

Kai shook his head and then backed up, just to stare at Ji Hye eyes.

 

“It’s okay because…I only want you as my gift”, he smiled mischievously.

Ji Hye gasped.

“Yah! You ert. Let. Me. Go”, she tried to get away from his grasp but failed because Kai just happened to tighten the grasp around her waist.

She shrieked.

“I told you, I want you as my gift”, he chuckled.

“Don’t you ever think about that ert!”, Ji Hye huffed in disbelief and shot him a glare.

Kai smiled before inclining his lips towards Ji Hye. Ji Hye slightly gasped when Kai stole her kiss again.

The kiss ended, which make Ji Hye snapped out.

“Y-yah!”, she stuttered, which Kai thought that it is cute.

“Thanks, this gonna be my best birthday ever”, he smiled.

“Owh, really?”, Ji Hye huffed in annoyance, earning a light chuckled from Kai.

“Okay, okay, enough. Come you need to be my judge for today. You’re going to taste my first ever-made cake”, Ji Hye smiled and took Kai hand.

Kai blinked as he was dragged by Ji Hye.

“Err, your first? That’s mean that no one have taste it yet?”, he muttered.

Ji Hye eagerly nodded.

“Yup! Not even me or my family”, she admitted.

“O…kay, but are you sure this can be eaten?”, Kai asked, unsure.

He took a look at the cake, it was perfectly decorated. But don’t judge a book by its cover.

“Well maybe…”, Ji Hye shrugged away.

Kai titled his head.

“And sorry there are no candle to blow”, she continued.

Kai rolled his eyes.

“What are you thinking I am? 7? 10?”, he huffed, earning a chuckled from Ji Hye.

“Well, who knows”, she smiled and held out the knife for Kai to cut the cake.

Kai gladly took it and slice the cake and put it on the plate that Ji Hye was holding. Ji Hye held out a spoon, asking for him to taste it. Kai took it and carefully spoon the cake. He took a deep breath and turned towards Ji Hye, just to be surprised by Ji Hye’s stare.

“What?”,

“Nothing, just eat…”, Ji Hye mentioned Kai to eat.

Kai awkwardly nodded before shoving the cake into his mouth. The moment the cake melt in his mouth, Kai’s eyes widened. 

“So how was it? Okay? Eatable? Bad? What’s wrong with your face?”, Ji Hye asked eagerly.

Kai chuckled and turned to her and then gave her a small nodded.

Ji Hye pouted, still not agreed with Kai answers.

“No nod, please say something. Even a word, I won’t mind”, she asked desperately, earning a chuckled from Kai.

Suddenly Kai pat her head. Ji Hye was bewildered.

“It’s fine and it is eatable. Don’t worry and it’s good as the first attempt”, he muttered.

“Really? You’re saying this not because I’m your girlfriend right?”, she asked.

Kai nodded.

“It’s good. Try it”, he huffed. Ji Hye nodded and took the same spoon and spoon the cake and shove it into .

She then smiled in pleasant. “I’m good”, she huffed. "I should stop being an musical actress and be the chef instead", Ji Hye noted.

Kai snickered before they both burst into a laugh.

And with that, the birthday party went just like that.

 

 

 

 

____________________________________________________________________________________

 

OMG. F.A.I.L

Ignore the typos and grammars. Thanks.

I know this is short. But it is one-shot anyways. BTW Thanks for reading! For those who still subscribing to Love You, Mr. Annoying! I love you guys. *bow*

See you in other story of mine.