2 : Meeting.

✿☆★☆*1000 Paper Stars*☆★☆✿

You headed to the coffee shop, sighing as you take a step each time, rewinding back to what happened to Myungsoo and that girl.

Why were you so concerned this time? It's not like it's the first time. Was she different? Was she new? Who was she?

Your eyes swelled up with tears, blurring your vision. "C-Calm down ____... I-It's just.... a... girl.. You'll get Myungsoo oppa soon.... S-soon..." you whispered to yourself, opening the door into the coffee shop. Wiping your tears away slowly, you looked up at the menu board above the counter. *Aish what's the point of looking. I'll just get the usual.* you thought. Ordering your usual hot chocolate, you sat down at a table, the sunlight shining bright against you. Thinking back once again with Myungsoo and the girl, your eyes brimmed with tears. In the sunlight, your tears were clearly visible, and that's when he saw you.

He. Him. Nam Woohyun.

Woohyun was a special boy. He had his own personality, and his own mind. He often rubbed off grease on girls, and melted their hearts, but never really payed attention to them afterwards. He was definitely one of the popular ones.

He froze at the sight - of you. 

You seemed, different. Almost, special in a way.

Your light brown hair glimmered, your flawless looking skin looked beautiful, and most of all, your lips looked soft. Soft enough to kiss. Well, that's what Woohyun thought at the moment. But, then he noticed your expression. Your eyes.

They were, almost in pain. Actually, not just almost.

You were in pain.

Slowly walking himself to get closer to you, he clutched the jar held in hands tightly, careful not to drop it. What was that jar exactly? 

"U-Um.. Excuse me.." he muttered. You raised your head, looking at him with big eyes, and your tears slowly rolling down your cheek. "Y-Yes?" you said while quickly wiping your tears away. "Is this.. seat.. taken?" Woohyun asked, looking into your eyes. *W-Wow.. She sure is different.* he thought. "Um.. no. Go a-ahead."

"What's your name?" he asked. "I'm _______.. Who are you?" you smiled. 

He smirked. "Call me tree." 

"Tree?"

"Yup."

"Why?"

"Does there need to be a reason to why?" 

"W-Well."

"Exactly."

He eyed your uniform. Widening his eyes, he stuttered "Y-You.. You go to Woollim High also?". You nodded. "Me too!" he grinned.

There was an awkward silence, until you decided to break it.

"What's in that jar?" you asked curiously, tilting your head. "It's paper stars." he replied. Paper stars? Weren't those to make wishes or something? What would a 19 year old boy be doing with that? "Aren't you a little.. too old for paper stars?"

"You could say that." he chuckled. You shrugged it off, and took a sip of your drink. Woohyun leaned in close, whispering softly. "Do you want to know the real secret to these paper stars?" You nodded.

"They help me grant a wish." he smiled. You tilted your head again, even more confused. "What wish?". "That's a secret for me to know. If I tell you, it wouldn't be a secret anymore, would it?" 

"But Tree.." you pouted. "No buts." 

"But I do, have a question for you." Woohyun pressed his lips together into a straight line, looking down at the table. "What is it?" you asked curiously. "W-Why were you crying right before I came in..?"

"Oh.. That.. Well, there's this boy I really really really like, ever since I was like, 3 years old. And then he never pays attention to me and he's always a brat to me. He clearly knows I like him but he just pushes me away further, distancing ourselves. We even live together and he barely even lays an eye on me. Anyways, I saw him today with a girl outside and he was smiling to her genuinely. He would never ever smile like that to me. So I just got emotional and started crying. What should I do, tree?" you said in one breath.

Woohyun looked at you with widened eyes. "U-Um.. I think I can help.". You squealed, "REALLY?? HOW. TELL ME NOW YOU LITTLE BASTARD!" 

He clicked his tongue. He seemed unsure whether or not to tell you. "Just tell me for godsake!" you yelled again.

Scratching the side of his head, he finally started speaking. "Paper, jar, stars, and 1000."  Confused once again, you furrowed your brows. "What?"

"Have you ever heard of the story 1000 Paper Cranes? Where the girl folds 1000 Paper Cranes to grant one wish?" 

"Oh.. Yeah.. "

"Well, this is sort of similar. Basically, I'm attempting to do the same thing. Everyday, you fold at least 10 paper stars, and gradually build up to 1000. It takes patience, but don't worry it's worth it. These paper stars will help you grant any wish."

"S-So do I just use regular folding paper stars?" you asked.

"Nope. I'll take you to the store where they sell a special type of paper" he grinned. "Well, how do I know I can trust you?" you laughed. Woohyun clicked his tongue again, sighing. "I don't know. Do you want that boy to love you or not? Try it. It might actually work, and he'll fall in love with you. But, you have to promise me one thing before I take you there."

"Oh, of course. What is it?" 

"You, me. Best friends?"

You laughed, nodding slightly. "Friends first. Then maybe.. Best friends".

He nodded happily, standing up.

Success. Woohyun thought.