Elize's Story

Fairy Tail Beginnings - Elize's Story

 

The towering wall of books covered the four walls of the room. A large ladder that reached to the tops and slid around the room for easy access leaned against the wall. The spiraling staircase that wrapped around the room to the top where another level of books where hidden along with my fathers other personal belongings.

I began to climb up the stairwell with Eloise complained as she followed behind me. My feet ached as Eloise counted each step she stepped behind me. The weight of my body began to increase with every tiring step.

"Could you stop counting?" I huffed, lifting my foot sluggishly onto the step.

"One hundred and three." Eloise groaned, "One hundred and four. One hundred and five."

"Look the top!" I shouted in excitement, hastily making me way up the last few steps. I leaped over to my dad's desk and twirled into his spin chair, "Finally; Relief!" I cried, rubbing down my feet. Eloise scurried over to the table pulling down the books on the table, "What are you doing?"

"I want to sit too." Eloise murmured, pulling off another book and tossing it to the ground.

"You can just throw everything off the table Eloise. Pick all those books up, they're dads work, not your toys." I scolded.

Eloise frowned and placed the books in her hand back on the table. She knelt on the ground to collect the others, "Elise, look at the pretty pictures!"

Eloise raised one of the books in the air and grabbed it from her hand, "It's a book of guilds Eloise. These are the guild symbols." I slid off the chair and laid the book down on the ground as I knelt beside her, "This one here is mom and dad's guild symbol. Sabertooth. They're not that big. Too small for the Capitol at least."

"Whose the biggest guild?"

I pressed my lips together and began to flip the pages, "That's Blue Pegasus, they're one of the top guilds in Fiore," I flipped the page again, "Lamia Scale is also up there." I flipped the page again and pointed at the black and white symbol, "That's Fairy Tail. The largest guild, but it says here it's number two in Fiore." I skimmed the history and frowned, "How sad. It says their first master Vermillion died at a young age, a few years after starting the guild. It motivated them to get to the top thought."

"I want to join that one Elise!" She jeered, "They sound like a family. You too huh?"

I shrugged, "I always thought we'd join Sabertooth."

Eloise shook her head wildly, "Sabertooth is too much of a big tough guild," She laughed, "I want to be a fairy."

I patted Eloise on the head, "Of course you do. You are only five." She pouted then picked up another book, "You want to know about this one too huh?"

 I blew off the dust on the book and turned to its side to read the title off its spine, "The Black Wizard." I glanced at Eloise and she nodded happily, "You sure pick the weird ones. Let's see," I pulled back the cover page and read aloud the small text at the bottom of the blank page, "I had no reason to come to this age. I'm not an ally to anyone. I'm not an enemy to anyone. But still, if an age is about to end right now... I might awaken once again."

"Creepy." Eloise shivered, scooting closer to me. I began to flip through the pages scanning bits of information, "What does it say?"

"Zeref was said to have been the darkest, most evil Mage in the history of the Magic World. He lived up to this reputation by mastering the Black Arts of Magic and creating demons, which continue to wreak havoc to this day." I quoted from the book, then began to flip more of the pages.

"What else?"

"At some point in history Zeref witnessed many people dying in war. He also became cursed and helplessly started to take the souls of others without his own intention." I flipped the page and pointed to a drawing, "That's Acnologia. It says here Zeref may have created it." I flipped to the back and read the names of Zeref's magic, "Death Magic, Death Wave, Death Orb, Death Pillar, Living Magic, Deliora, Lullaby."

"The last three didn't sound so bad." Eloise muttered, "But I doubt they are any better than the others." She gulped.

"Don't worry Eloise. Zeref has been sealed away for centuries." I smiled, shutting the book.

Eloise shivered, "What if the seal got old over the years, and breaks soon!"

I shook my head, "Zeref has been sealed away for centuries. It's a proven fact that seals don't grow old for at least centurieses."

Eloise pressed her lips together, "Really?"

I nodded and a small smile formed on the side of her face, "Now let's finish picking up here and then go bother Retina about that book."

 

Photobucket