Chapter 2

Berries and Cream

 

                The moment class ended I leapt from my seat, eager to get the hell out of there as soon as possible. This was the last class of the day. I speed walked to my locker and placed took my books out. Suddenly, my locker slammed closed to reveal TaeHyun standing behind it.

                “Fancy that, just your luck, my locker’s right next to yours.” He said with an arrogant smile that I wanted to smack off his painfully handsome face. I picked up my books from the floor where they had fallen, and walked away.

                “I didn’t catch a name,” I heard him call from behind me. I kept walking.

                “Eun Hae!” I flinched at Mr. Jangs shrill voice. Damn, now TaeHyun knows my name. “I see you are becoming acquainted with TaeHyun, why don’t you give him a tour of the school?” I spun around.

                “Gee, Mr. Jang, I’d love to, but I really have things I need to do.” I began backing up.

                “Nonsense, you can spare a few minutes to help out a new classmate!” He retorted. I sighed….helping this guy was the last thing I wanted to do.

                “Alright.” I groaned. How could this day get any worse? I glared at TaeHyun and turned, gesturing to him to follow me.

                “You are to stay three paces behind me at all times. No questions, no stopping, and no speaking.” I said. I heard a snort from right behind me. Then he was beside me. Then he was in front of me. He turned to face me and stopped. I stopped an inch away from him. What was with this guy?

                “If you think you can just tell me what to do, you’re wrong.” He said through that disgusting smile.

                “I believe you’ve already embarrassed me enough for one day.” I replied, “I’d rather not be seen walking next to an idiot like you.” I said.

                “Well if that embarrassed you, what about this?” he said. In one second the space between us was gone and his lips were on mine. My eyes grew wide and I felt my face get hot. I pushed him away.

                “What the hell are you doing?” I screamed. Heads turned, and I could feel peoples eyes on me-NO! I don’t care!!

                “You’re fun to mess with.” He shrugged. “I figured if just walking next to me embarrasses you-” he grinned wickedly. Then he dropped the smile.

                “Are you crying?” He asked, showing no concern what-so-ever.

                “That-that was my first kiss you bastard!” I said. The corners of his mouth turned up.

                “Well, you gotta get it over with some time. You’re welcome. Now how about that tour?” He asked.

                “Forget it!” I shouted as I walked away. I could sense that smile. I wanted to run out of there, but that would give him the satisfaction of knowing how much he upset me. I couldn’t let him win like that. I forced myself to walk through the school without looking back. Then as soon as I walked out the school doors, I ran home.