Chapter 1

Berries and Cream

   "My name is Kim Eun Hae, I'm 18 and I have no friends. I have an IQ of 115, I don't need friends. Human relationships are such a fickle thing, people are inconsistent and genuine loyalty is impossible. Bonds between people are pointless, because one way or another, they will eventually leave you."

   My shrink looked up at me from his notes.

   "So what you're saying is you have never had any friends because you don't see the value of human bonds? Well what about your parents?" He his chin with his thumb.

   "I didn't say I never had any friends. I said I currently don't have any because that has been my decision." I pointed out. "And I was adopted. My real parents didn't want me, so I don't feel the need to build relationships with my adopted ones."

   He looked at me for a moment, then sighed. 

   "Is it possible that the friends you had before betrayed you somehow and this is merely a defense mechanism?"

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

   I was listening to Mr. Jangs lecture on psychology, his voice was shrill and hoarse, and I wondered if he even knew what he sounded like. He was also, in my oppinion, not fit to be a teacher, especially an advanced course teacher. On more than one occasion I had to correct him on his facts. Imbacil. What an annoying person.

   Suddenly he stopped speaking. His eyes were directed to the back of the classroom where the door was located. Naturally, the heads of all the students followed, but I couldn't be bothered. We were expecting a new student today. Why should I care? I can't be bothered to remember their face or name anyways.

    I could hear their footsteps. Suddenly hushed whispers surrounded me, girls saying things like " omo, he's so cute," or " He's so tall," and other such stupid comments. That people could be so shallow was unnerving to say the least.

   Suddenly, the new student passed my desk. He was tall...he had his shirt un tucked, hair unkempt....the most annoying kind of person. He couldn't even put forth the effort to dress himself properly for school. He was probably an idiot with money or connections that got him into this class. I hate him already. Then he turned around and bowed his head.

  "Hello, I am Kang TaeHyun." He said to the class. Then he lifted his head. I felt my jaw drop. To say "he's cute"......was like to say the sun was hot. His face was the single most mathematically perfect face I had ever seen. His facial features were perfectly proportional! I shook my head. I hated him even more now. 

   All the girls in the class chattered giddily. I glanced back at TaeHyun's face just in time to see him smirk. I felt anger bubble up inside of me. Then I quickly realized I shouldn't care if he's a jerk. It wasn't like I would ever talk to him anyways.

   "Alright, TaeHyun, please find a seat," Mr. Jangs annoying voice. My eyes widened as I realized there was only one empty seat in the room....right next to me.

   He made his way toward the chair, and my head was racing for a way to prevent him from sitting there. Suddenly he stood in front of me, glanced at the table, and sat down. I glared at him. He glanced at me....and smiled.

   My stomach flipped, and i looked away instantly, telling myself I would never look at him again. Even then, I could see him waving at me out of the corner of my eye, but I kept looking ahead, refusing to look at him. I was listening quietly to the lecture, answering questions and occasionally correcting the teacher, when suddenly, TaeHyun leaned over to me and whispered in my ear, "Are you always this stuck up?"

   My eyes grew wide. How dare he? I turned and looked at him. He was smirking. So be it, two can play at that game. I smirked as well.

   "Are you trying to hit on me?" I asked. Suddenly he burst into laughter. The teacher stopped and the whole class turned their heads to look at us. My eyes grew wide with embarrassment. Didn't he know he was making a scene?

   "Don't worry, I'm DEFINATELY not hitting on you, I don't like snobby girls, I only like pretty girls, but I'm flattered that you wanted me to hit on you." He said, loud enough for the entire class to hear. I felt my face get hot with a mixture of hatred, anger, and utter embarrassment as I looked at the others in the class, all of whom were now laughing. I felt like I was about to cry....no. I don't care what anyone thinks! Certainly not this lunatic. 

  "Well if you two are finished, I'd like to continue with my class." Mr. Jang said impatiently.

   "Please continue." I said, keeping my voice steady. For the first time ever, I couldn't wait to get out of class and go home.