We Tell Them

Too Sudden To Be True

 

~A few days later, at SME building~

Eunhyuk and Donghae walked into the lobby of the building, dragging a terrified Ryeowook along with them. The three of them were currently making their way to a meeting room that they had managed to rent out for the hour. Since Eunhyuk and Donghae still worked at SME, it was easier to arrange a meeting there than anywhere else.

On the way up, Ryeowook kept glancing at the two of them, whose faces were expressionless. He had not known of this meeting until Eunhyuk had woken him up and dragged him out of the apartment. Sighing, he leaned his tired body against the cool metal. Eunhyuk looked back at him, worried that he’d tire out too quickly. The doctor told him to not walk long distances, nor stand up for too long. He would collapse due to his weaker body. Although Ryeowook wasn’t showing any signs of exhaustion, Eunhyuk knew that he was already tired. Suddenly, the elevator stopped as they reached their floor. They stepped out, Eunhyuk supporting half of Ryeowook’s weight. Ryeowook was getting more and more anxious as they got closer to the meeting room. When they reached the door, his breath hitched as Donghae slowly opened the door. What would it be like inside? Would everyone be quiet? Or will they be still fighting? Super Junior hadn’t really disbanded on the best terms.

He held his breath as Donghae swung the door open, coming face to face with Yesung. A flicker of surprise passed his face before he went back to his expressionless one. Donghae gave a small smile to Yesung before stepping into the room. Eunhyuk, who was still supporting Ryeowook, frowned at the sight of Yesung. He looked tired, as if he’d been pulling a bunch of all-nighters. Eunhyuk had heard that him and Kyuhyun were going to release their first album together. The thought of that made him angry. Why didn’t they include Ryeowook?

“Hyung, you’re hurting me.” Ryeowook whined softly as Eunhyuk’s grip unconsciously tightened around his arm. He just wanted to get out of there now, especially when Yesung was staring intensely at him. Eunhyuk snapped out of his thoughts, and saw that Ryeowook was on the verge of tears.

“Let’s go in, Wookie.” He subtly nodded and Eunhyuk pulled him into the room, giving Yesung a glare as he mockingly gave them a bow.

“Nice to see you two.” He said, smirking as the two of them passed by. Eunhyuk stopped in his tracks and was about to retort when Ryeowook interrupted him.

“Well I’m not exactly happy to see you too, Jongwoon.” He replied back coldly, surprising the both of them. Yesung was shocked that he used his real name, but smoothing slid back into his smirk.

“You still haven’t lost your feistiness, Wookie. Congrats.” Ryeowook scoffed.

“Don’t even think of using that on me. You are dead to me, Kim.” With that, Ryeowook walked out of Eunhyuk’s grip, heading towards Donghae, who was sitting down talking to Leeteuk. Eunhyuk trailed behind him, just incase something happened. He plopped down into the chair next to Donghae, letting his body sag in the chair. Leeteuk had noticed him and got up to give him a hug.

“Wookie.” He said, wrapping his arms around the skinny boy. Ryeowook smiled, missing their ex-leader really badly.

“Teukie Umma.” Ryeowook said, clinging to Leeteuk.  Leeteuk tightened the hug before letting go, a warm smile etched on his face.

“How are you doing, Wookie? OMO you’re practically skin and bones! Wookie, you have to eat more!” Ryeowook gave him a strained smile. ‘Its not that I am not eating, but it’s because I can’t hold it down.’ He thought bitterly, ‘Stupid cancer. Because of you, I can’t taste and enjoy my creations.’

“I’ve just been busy, hyung. Hadn’t have time to eat much.” He smiled cheekily. Leeteuk continued to fuss over him again, just like the old times. Donghae and Eunhyuk smiled. They had missed this a lot.

“What’s up everybody?” Heechul yelled as he entered the room, followed by Hankyung and the Sibum couple. Ryeowook’s eyes lit up as he saw his hyungs, but immediately dropped them when he remembered why they were all here.

“I thought you wouldn’t be able to make it.” Donghae said as he got up to hug the ex-members. Hankyung gave him a small smile before pointing to Heechul.

“We were passing by to visit Heechul’s family when we received the email. Perfect time, no?” Donghae grinned and gave him a hug.

“Yeah it’s good to see you too.” He said, releasing him as they watched Heechul chat amiably with Eunhyuk and Ryeowook. Their conversation was interrupted once again as the door opened and closed. Ryeowook turned his head to see who had entered. Kyuhyun stepped into the room, making his blood boil. He stood up abruptly, startling Eunhyuk and Heechul, and strode over to Kyuhyun, who was currently taking with Yesung.

Slap.

The sound echoed off the walls, as everyone turned to look at Ryeowook’s hand poised in mid air and Kyuhyun holding his cheek.

“What. The. Hell.” Ryeowook was seething. He went for another swing, only to be pulled backwards by Donghae.

“Let me go, hyung! He deserves it for everything that he has done to Minnie hyung!” he yelled, struggling against Donghae’s grip.

“Wookie, calm down.”

“No! He’s the reason why he’s dead!” Everyone froze. Sungmin was dead?

“S-sungmin h-hyung… is d-d-dead?” Kibum stuttered. Ryeowook stopped struggling in Donghae's grip, tears betraying him again.

YOU!” he roared to Kyuhyun, who had fallen to his knees. “This is all your fault! If you hadn’t abandoned him, none of us would be standing here!” Ryeowook shook out of Donghae’s grip and stormed out of the room.

“Ryeowook!” Eunhyuk rushed after him, to make sure that he was okay. Eunhyuk found him not too far away in an empty hallway, curled up in a ball next to the wall. His heart ached for the poor man. He slowed down his pace, slowly approaching the shaking figure.

“Wookie…” he sat down next to him, wrapping his arms around the small body. Ryeowook leaned in and continued to sob into his chest.

“Why? Why did Sungmin hyung have to leave?” he sobbed. Eunhyuk tightened his hold on the smaller man.

“Because he loved Kyuhyun that much.”


Hi all~! I would like to apologize for the late update, but as I said earlier, I didn't have time to type this chapter up due to my midterms. >.< (Which are thankfully over ^^)

Urgh, I feel so bad for doing that to Kyuhyun (Especially on his birthday. Happy birthday to Kyuhyun oppa!), but it needed to be done. Oh well. XD

I am not a doctor, so please, if the information is incorrect, please message me so I can fix it! ^^ Cancer has affected my family before, but not to a very severe extent and so I'm going along with whatever limited information I know.

Don't forget to comment and subscribe! Thank you to the 9 subscribers so far! ^^

~Ana