The Auction

Call of Duty
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Stopping at the red gate of a simple yet elegant house somewhere across Seoul, Chaerin rolled half-down her window and peeks her eyes under her dark shades. Looking at the happy family that are playing at their yard, Chaerin felt a very strong tug from her heart when she hears laughs and sees smiles from the family.

 

Heaving a deep long sigh, she continues to scan the frame of the family. "They looked so happy." Min Ho interrupted as he saw the same scene once he leaned his body forward to get a more view to the family.

 

"I know. It's obvious." Chaerin retorted with her usual cold voice.

 

"You wanna meet them now?" Min Ho can't measure how happy he is that finally, after a months of looking, he - or more likely, their spies finally found them just a couple of weeks ago but he didn't tell Chaerin because of her busy appointments with the Investors from the different places across the globe. Literally, the Investors not the Senior Investors, since Chaerin - herself, stood in front of the WHOLE syndicate and announced that she already disbanding it on the exact date that the syndicate was created, of course, she's still wearing her mask along with Min Ho.

 

 

Chaerin decided to disband it 10 months after she was proclaimed as the Superior despite of what the contract stated. No one - even the Senior Investors objected during the session because their statuses were all good in the society. Chaerin over worked for 10 months just to settle her colleagues lives and their company.

 

She hired all their members, from the lower syndicate to the upper syndicate's level in her company. Distributing all of them from the different branches around the world by the help of the Senior Investors' supervisions. They never attempted to mock or insult her when she announced it to them, they understand it. After all, Chaerin is still their Superior that they should follow. Even for the last time, Chaerin never pulled off her mask to hide her identity - she needs it when the time comes.

 

Saying her last words as their Superior was hard for Chaerin and of course, to her members. The Syndicate became their lives, their family, their friends. Eventhough the syndicate has this bad impression to the under-by-the-law  world, they created friendship and bonds that only the members could feel. Chaerin said the final "Happy 2nd Anniversary VihaL" greetings and walked out the hall while blinking a couple of times just to hide the tears who were trying to escaped from her eyes. Fortunately, no one recognized it since she's under her mask but not for Min Ho, he knows her too well.

 

It's hard for her to release them, she became their mother and father for 10 months but decided to leave them. She has to, she really has to just to stop everything and this is because of Dara's appearance and role in her life.

 

 

 

 

"No need, oppa. Look, they're happy and what do you think will happen when their long lost daughter suddenly shows up? I don't want to ruin their life like what I have now." she replied.

 

"But .. they're still your parents and those cute children were your siblings." Min Ho retorted and shifts his gaze to Chaerin.

 

Chaerin smiled. They're still my parents but .. "I know oppa but .. I can't face them now. Their daughter, their first child whom they gave a couple of years ago will eventually shows up, bringing this shameful image. No .. I will not risk that happy life they have."

 

"But Chae .. you looked for them and found them. At least .. say Hi  or .."

 

But Chaerin cuts him. "Oppa .. I'm happy that all of this time, they end up being to together, end up being couple. They're happy oppa and I don't think they need me. Look, I have to fix my image before .. showing up and introducing myself to them."

 

Min Ho sighed. Once she said NO, it'll always be NO. Min Ho thought while running his eyes to his cousin's hair as Chaerin glued her head to the family's direction. "If that's what you want .. then I'll support you."

 

 

Chaerin smiled. "Thanks." No matter how much she's eager to hug them, to kiss them, to tell them that she's their daughter - their first daughter, to tell them how much she wanted to spend time with them, she wants to jumped off from their Black Mercedes Benz and runs towards them but .. her situation stops her from doing this. She can't face them with this image. She can't ruin such an ideal family type her parents have.

 

 

She's out of the syndicate, there's no more syndicate at all but being hunted by the officials around the world always makes her realize that .. she's still the superior. She has to face the consequences just like what her brother - Seungri did 10 months ago. She then even promised to herself that after one year or after all of this, she'll surrender, she needs to clean her name, to fix everything and go back to her life - to her Dara. Unaware of the fact that Dara's slowly moving on by Jaejoong's help.

 

 

 

Chaerin slumped her herself back to her position and sighs deeply. "Let's go." then the driver stepped on the glass pedal after nodding to his boss.

 

 

 

"Who are you looking, honey?" asked Mr. Lee as he noticed Mrs. Lee's eyes trailing the Black Mercedes Benz who parked in front of their house for a few minutes.

 

Mrs. Lee frowned as she can't explain her heart's beats. "No-Nothing."

 

Suspicious but he just let it pass as he knows his wife never ends her day without talking their first daughter which they gave after a few months of giving birth. "Come, let's get inside. The kids

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter