Final

The Heart's Decision

"Ah Minji-ah!"

"Nae?"

"Look at this!" Taemin called as he pointed on a duck family.

"Omo! So cute!" Minji squealed in delight as Taemin glanced at her. He smiled at what he saw.

"What? Is something on my face?" she asked as she started touching her face. Taemin took his head and smiled. He caressed her hair making the younger one blush.

"You look cute." he teased as he poked the girl's cheek and ran away. Minji froze for a second, but soon she got back to her senses and chased after the older one.

 

"They look cute together." Jiyoon whispered smiling at the thought how Taemin and Minji would look like as a couple when they get older.

"I know right." Chen agreed causing the older one to lower her head once again and to sigh.

"I don't think this would work." She whispered to herself as a tear shed down.

"What do you mean noona? They have been best friends since they've met and would even give a great couple."

These words hit Jiyoon's heart. She suddenly realised how foolish she had been in those past four years and how she couldn't see the one who should have been on Kibum's position.

All these years she always forced herself to love someone she never really loved.

All these years she always told herself she would love him although she only loved him as a big brother.

 

But after realising how much of a failure it was but also how much it helped her, she found herself smiling.

Jeon Jiyoon smiled like never before.

 

"Noona?" Chen asked as he poked Jiyoon's cheek. She glanced at the younger with a sincere look.

"Are you o--"

 

She kissed him.

 

Just one simple kiss on his soft lips.

Just one to confirm her feelings.

 

Chen got shocked at the sudden move.

"Noona, I--"

"I-I love you." Jiyoon whispered in disbelieve.

"Wh--"

"I love him. Oh gosh, why-why now? I-I--"

Jiyoon ducked down with her head buried in her arms.

"Noona what are you talking?" He asked as he tried to untangle her arms.

Suddenly the woman grasped the younger one's arms and looked into his hands with eyes full of hopes.

"Do you still love me?" She asked hoping his answer would help her decision. Chen's eyes widened.

"Noona, I--"

"Answer me, please!" She demanded impatiently. Chen lowered his head and brought out a low chuckle.

"I used to."

Jiyoon let go off of him and closed her eyes to suppress her tears. Suddenly she felt two fingers lifting her chin and a kiss being planted on her lips. She opened her eyes and found another pair staring lovingly into hers.

"But never stopped." He added.

Jiyoon squealed in delight and hugged the younger one tightly as they both fell on the floor.

 

"Yah umma! What are you doing to oppa's uncle?!" Minji yelled she she helped her mother to stand up.

"Uncle?" Jiyoon asked surprised. Chen scratched his neck in embarrassment as he smiled sheepishly. Jiyoon chuckled and kissed him once again.

"You still owe me an answer mister." she said making circles on his chest with her finger.

"Eww! Get a room!" both of the kids said with a hint of disgust in their undertone.

 

Jiyoon smiled and the newly couple kissed once again as fireworks shot up into the sky.