The Date

Not Love at First Sight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

After a long period of awkwardness between both of us, I finally say it out, “Are you sure you want to do this?”

     He look at me, gritting his teeth – seems like he’s trying to find a good words to answer me.

     “You never talk to me before and all of the sudden you ask me to go on a date.” I continued my sentence.

     He remains silence with a guilty expression on his face.

     “It’s okay Sehun.” I stand on my foot. “I'll be going now.”

     No, I’m not sulking. I’m fine. Though it hurts a bit but I can’t force people to date me if they’re not sincere.

     Last two weeks, Sehun had a big fight with his now ex-girlfriend. They broke up a day after that. She’s seeing someone else.

     Not long after they break up, Sehun asked me out. Knowing that I have a crush on him – almost more than 6 months, he approached me. He asked if I want to go out, on a date with him.

     Of course I said yes. I like him for a long time already. My happiness didn’t last for so long though. A friend of mine tells me that he’s using me to make his girlfriend jealous.

     It’s hard for me to believe it at first but then kind to think of it, what I’ve heard might be true.

     For the whole week until today, whenever he saw me or bump to me at college, Sehun would simply gave me the sweetest grin he has. It’s hard to tell if he’s really into me or trying to use me instead.

     I decided to go on with the flow. That’s why I’m here right now, sitting with him at the park at this hour of the evening – feeling bad that he have to entertain me.

     He picked me up earlier today’s morning. For the whole last night I had a tough time to choose what to wear and imagining things that probably will happen today. You know, things like how will he smile when he first see me today, will he try and hold my hand, or how gentleman will he be for this first date. I even tried to put on the cutest outfit that I have on my closet, specially for this day. Sadly, up till now, none of it happens. It’s been a really plain date.

     When he arrived at my house with his Veloster this morning, which was around 10, I can’t help my heart from beating so fast. Once I stepped inside his car, he did greet me first and smile at me. Yes, he did smile but that’s not the smile that I wanted to see. And also, our conversation was freaking awkward, not to mention that it was only about college stuffs.

     Then, he brought me to watch a movie. He paid for the tickets and I didn’t even know what movie it was until I walked into the cinema. Guess what kind of movie it was. It was the kind of movie that only my grandmother would’ve watch. And for lunch he brought me to this fancy restaurant and let me ordered only the foods that were on the restaurant’s special menu. He paid everything. Have I mention that he’s from a filthy rich family? See. I can't tell at all if he really wants to go out with me. 

     All of that doesn’t matter. I don’t care if he’s rich or not. I like him because of him. I can’t explain it. The first time I saw him, I had no feelings for him at all. But the second time I met him, which was about a week after that, was a different story. Our eyes met for the first time.  It was nothing for him, I’m aware of it. However, my heart skipped a beat when his emotionless eyes met mine. That was when I know there’s something about him, something that caught me off guard. Since then, my feelings for him grow without him realizing my existence.

     Whatever the case is, I had fun today, despite the fact that he seems to be forcing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter