Us

Retracing The Steps

 

Retracing the steps I have taken with you; it makes me smile so wide I think it's going to stay plastered there. 

As I opened the door to the music room, it was your favorite place to be.
You loved to sing. Your voice, I never got tired of it.
As we sing together the others can only watch us in amazement.
You loved to play the piano as well. It was your specialty.
The way your fingers danced on the keys, it still amazes me.
It was mesmerizing.
I loved it when we played the duets together.
We played so well everyone can't help but envy.
You also loved to dance, and so did I.
Together, as we danced, others can only look at us in envy.
We were the exact kind that everyone wanted to get rid of, and so they rid of you.
They took you away from me; we both would burn in our own fire of passion as the others watch in amusement.
You pushed me away before any of the fire would touch me.
You pushed me away so you would burn by yourself as I watch as if I didn't care.
I only smiled at your stubbornness.
You told me you hated me now. You didn't love me anymore.
Then you came to me the next night. Even if we did go back in time, nothing would have changed.

It'll all be the same.
So I'm here again, retracing again by myself to find our purpose again; when we sang like no one mattered and dance like every matter were our dance floor. Finding the purpose when we set the keys of the piano on fire. I only blew the winds stronger when I was with you.
The sounds coming from the piano could make anyone lose their minds.
Where are you now? You're really not going to come back aren't you?
Couldn't you think more of how I would feel if you pushed me away like this?
That night didn't you say you we're going to come back for me and then we'll fly away to a place where  no one knew us.
You wanted to start a new life and you said it'll still have me in the picture.
I haven't opened the letter you gave me yet. You told me to open it on your birthday. Was I supposed to remember when it was?
Well I guess I did.
Why was it that this day was your birthday and the last time I saw you that night?
I guess I really wanted to know what was in the envelope so I opened it. 
It was a picture of our school where we attended like forever ago. Where was it again?
Why did you give me this picture for?
The school was now long gone.
I didn't think much of it more as I grabbed my jacket and ran out the door.
Walking as slow as ever, I was almost near the school gates.
It was creepy.
It was icy cold, but there was light.
The winter breeze wasn't helping much until I saw the strings of photos.
It was pictures of you and me.
So this is where they were the whole time? You had it all along.
I can't believe this.



"Chaemi!" 
"Yi....Yixing?" I whispered your name again in such a long time. 
I didn't want to turn around. I was scared. What is it was just my imagination?
"Chaemi-ah. Turn around and look at me." He said it more softly now. 
I can feel him right behind me. 
His breath was washing down my neck. 
"Why did you come back?" I managed to whisper back to you containing my anger I've held on for so long. 
"Chaemi. I'm sorry but I had to let go that time or else...." He stopped half way. 

"I don't care what it was all about Zhang Yixing. You can't just leave and then come back whenever 
you wanted." I turned around and yelled at him while my tears rolled down my cheeks. 
"I'm sorry. It's just I had to. I can't tell you the exact reason why but 
please if you just give me a chance-"
I couldn't take it anymore I didn't want to hear his words. 
After silencing him with a kiss he sighed and hugged me closer as he deepened the kiss. 
What felt like years which was probably not even a minute yet I was dying for air. 
"You idiot. What if I forgot all about the letter and never came at all? What if I moved away and 
when you tried to come find me I'm not there? How would you have ever found me?" I asked him all these 
questions as he held into me tightly. 
"Weren't we connected by faith Chaemi? Whatever it will be I know I'll be able to find you again even 
if you didn't come today. I would do whatever it takes to find you and have you back in my arms again." 
He said smiling at me while cupping my face. 
"Oppa......" I croaked.
"Yes Chaemi?" He smiled warmly at me as his cute little dimple appeared again. 
"If I give you another chance you would do anything to get me back right?" I asked looking away from him. 
"I would do anything for you." He said pulling me into a hug again. 
"Then.........would you....marry me?" I asked covering my face not wanting to see his expression. 
"Chaemi. Look at me. You see that table over there? Let’s go sit there first okay and we'll 
talk things over." He said and pulled on to me and led me towards the table. 
"I'm guessing he still...." My thoughts got cut off as he interrupted. 
"Don't think of anything now Chaemi. Just eat with me." He said softly looking into my eyes. 
It was surprisingly a comfortable silence. Even though we haven't seen each other in so long. 
Although I knew he always had an explanation for most things. 
I'm scared you will just throw away the question I just asked you. 
After the meal, he drove to the beach as we strolled along the shore.
Although it was cold I would always feel warm wherever I am as long as it was with 
him. 
We then walked by the dance practice room we went to that was near the beach. 
It was a foreign feeling dancing with each other again but I will never forget the 
steps. 
All of a sudden the lights went off and I'm not that dense. I could have figured out a much of 
what were to happen next. 
"Oppa?" I whispered. 
The door opened as Luhan and Chanyeol came in with a small cake in their hands. The room was lit 
with the soft light that was given off by the fire. 
"Chaemiah~" Yixing started as he kneeled down in from of me. Now I was going to give him payback. 
"Would you stay by me forever and always? I promise to stay by you forever as long ad you don't 
push me away." He looked up at me with his sincere eyes and I all of a sudden forget what I was 
going to do. 

"Sure. But what if I told you now to leave me alone because I don't love you anymore?" I tried to pull 
off a straight face but of course he saw through me. 
"Then I'll live by myself for as long as you live?" He said holding on to my hands. 
"And why is that?" I asked trying to pull off a smirk. 
"Because now that I know you’re still alive on the same place with me you are my oxygen. 
And if you were to die, wouldn't that mean my supply of oxygen would be gone?" He smiled at me. 

"I hate it that you see through me Zhang Yixing. Yes I'll marry you." I was in so much joy that I 
latched myself onto him ignoring the small cough from Chanyeol and awws from Luhan and by the sound 
of it Sehun had arrived. 
"Ummm well guys hate to break the moment but I think my Yeollie's arm will break off he keeps in 
holding on to the cake...." Baekhyun all of a sudden came out of nowhere and  the light. 
I scoffed as Yixing displayed his dimple as he gave a soft smile. 

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

The wedding was the month of November, right on the day of my birthday. 
He said that it’s the most important day to him and he has always been celebrating that day by 
himself ever since the day we separated. 
I still think I forgave him too easily but whatever anyways. I love him and he loves me. That's enough. 
The wedding went well everything went smoothly. 
Luhan and Sehun planned to get married in April. 
Baekhyun and Chanyeol decided to get married a week after our wedding because Chanyeol whined about 
wanting to have his wedding on his birthday too but it wasn't a good day so 
they had to wait another week. 
"I do" I remember our vows that brought everyone their cheers. 


 

blehhhhhh~ not my best work >.< but I just wanted to write something :))

I hope everyone enjoyed it ^_^

thanks for reading!!!

comment on how you feel :)