Afterlife

The Devil Inside Me

 

“I’m dating a murderer.”

His soft and gentle voice was like summer breeze, but his words were like thunder shock in the morning. Smiling ear to ear, he scared me more than before. I felt he slapped me right onto my face with his words, I didn’t know what to say anymore.

“My queen, I know everything about you.” Now he whispered me, giving shiver on my spine. “Are you ready for the third death?”

 My eyes widened, my lips parted, I gasped and quickly I got up from my seat, making people in the class look at me with annoying stare. “I’m… I’m sorry..”

I ran very fast, leaving the class and anyone right there including Kris, he was really scary and I could see from his eyes. His eyes suddenly turned into red ones, but I didn’t know why it seemed familiar for me. It was like a thousand years I had been seeing those wonderful yet scary eyes.

I didn’t know what he was…

And what was I actually?

 

I decided to go to my house, I skipped class in my school because of Kris. He was my boyfriend, I loved him the most and I felt like I had been knowing for my whole life time. It was strange feeling yet it was fascinating.

I didn’t find my mom who was usually practicing new recipes in the kitchen or my dad who was usually still reading newspaper at the back of our house or even Jackie who was editing her writing for Spanish magazine. Where were they? Our house seemed dark, old, and scary, it was totally different than before.

I found a note on the desk beside the sofa, it had written by my mom.

“We’re going to your uncle’s house this morning.”

Going to my bedroom, I decided to lay down my body on the king sized bed. It was soft and comfy, much better than in my school which consisted of stupid students. As I enjoyed myself, relaxing my body and mind, an annoying voice came into my bedroom.

“I know! I know it was you!!” Somehow,  Jessica came into my bedroom suddenly and shouted in front of my eyes, making me jump off my bed.

She brought a knife and it forward onto my face. The pupil of my eye became narrow seeing the knife.

“I-I don’t know anything, what are you talking about?” I tried to calm myself down but she approached me until my back was against the bookshelf in my room and it caused some of my books fell down to the floor

“YOU. KILLED. MY. SISTER.” She parted those words bit by bit as her index finger directed to my eyes

“What? Why I killed her? She was my friend.” I tried to deny it but this girl kept saying those words to me, it made me sick of her. I couldn’t hold myself, I wanted to punch her but she had already punched me first

She kicked my stomach with her knee and it really made me angry. I only looked at her with soft eyes, I didn’t know why I didn’t have any strength in front of her until there was a voice in my ears. Kill her

A same voice just like when I saw Krystal on the last day of her life. I grabbed this girl’s hair and slammed her to the floor, these Jung sisters really made me angry with their attitude.

I was on the top of her and she looked at me with wide eyes. When I was starting to punch her face, I realized what I was doing to her. “No, this is all wrong.” I shook my head while I saw her. “Go, before I do any further to you.” I softened my voice and got off her body

I got off of her body, standing up again and she looked at me with fierce eyes. She stood up, following my example but she was still ing her knife forward to me with her shaking hand. Suddenly, I smirked seeing what she was doing right now, she looked ridiculous pathetic.

I knew she wanted to kill me because I had killed her sister. My hand grabbed her hand and twisted it but she tightened her grip on the knife. With full of strength, she moved the knife forward onto my stomach. She stabbed me, I could feel the pain and I could see fresh blood coming out from my belly.

My eyes became teary, I could see my body into the mirror very clearly but it was fade quickly. It was replaced by the different of me, those red eyes, same like Kris’ when I saw him in the class today. It was standing firmly but I was standing weakly.

Out of the blue, there were memories coming in my mind. Bells were chiming, a bride with long black dress walked down the aisle. Her face was covered by black veil, I couldn’t see her clearly but I could see the groom very clearly

Kris was standing there, waiting for the bride. His face was frigid but he was still wonderful and perfect. I knew it was a wedding but it was black not pure white without pigeons but ravens, without wedding march but death march, it was under the name of Demon.

The wedding between Devils of death, that was people called it. Kris was the groom and….

I was the bride…

Breathlessly, I was seeing my face clearly. My face really looked like a figure that I saw from the mirror in my bedroom. So, it was me, this was really the truth of me. I was the devil too just like Kris.

The wedding ran smoothly but before we declared our vow, God was angry. He wasn’t allowed us to be one, to unite. So, He destroyed the kingdom of devil because He didn’t want any evil in the world anymore.

Many devils were fade, leaving the rest of them. I could see my body was lying down there, couldn’t move and was rigid. The God brought me, leaving Kris alone in the destroyed kingdom. His groan was long, loud and steady for me, he didn’t want to separate himself from me because I was his bride, his queen.

The God changed me into something different, an Angel of life. I didn’t people’s life anymore while Kris rebuilt his kingdom with the rests. God sent me to the world, I transformed into human until now.

Until I met Kris and everything changed, he followed me anywhere. He was in me, he made me kill people. I knew myself now. I was in between of Hell and Heaven, I couldn’t choose one of them. I was born in Hell but God changed me into something new in Heaven.

My mind was back again, Jessica was standing in front of me with the knife in my stomach. Her hand was full of my blood as she twirled the knife and I could feel pain. She dared to kill semi-Devil semi-God, she had to have punishment from it.

She pushed me until my back met the bookshelf again, my hand searched for any thick book. As I found it, I hit her head hardly with my book until she fell down to the floor. I pulled out the knife from my belly, I endured the pain. I was on my knees, seeing her begged me to not kill her.

But…

Kill her

“Please…” Jessica plead with tears in her eyes

But I stabbed her body over and over, her blood crushed onto my body. My mind said it was wrong to do it because God trusted me in the world. “I’m so sorry, I let You down.”

But my heart said it was the right thing to do. “There, you’re dead.”

I saw Jessica’s dead body, my eyes widened and I shook my head. I was possessed for the third time now, I just counted it. I saw myself into the mirror. A black veiled bride with long black dressed and red eyes, she smirked. She thought she won over me.

I stood up, approaching the mirror. I faced her. “I’m proud of you.” She said

I decided to destroy her by hit the mirror with my bare hand but I couldn’t. On the contrary, I saw Kris right behind me, hugging me tightly. We really looked like a couple of devil, his breath was sliding through my neck and he whispered me something. “You’re back.”

I turned around my body and looked up at him. I shook my head, signaling I wouldn’t be with him anymore.

“Why?” He asked me. “I love you.”

I couldn’t answer him because I had made my decision, I would go back to Heaven and leave him alone. He could read my mind but he couldn’t stop me from killing myself.

I stabbed myself with the knife right in my human’s heart. His eyes widened seeing me, his groan destroyed all the things in my bedroom. He was angry, I knew it.

Myth said that Devil and God couldn’t be dead, so, I tried it with myself, if it was true or not. I couldn’t feel my body anymore. Goodbye, world. Goodbye, Kris…

My body entered a space, a strange space. I wasn’t sure about it yet but I saw the darkness where I was born. A red eye baby with little black wings, she was in a woman’s hands. It wasn’t only a woman but also she was a devil that I was sure she was the one who gave me birth.

But it faded quickly with light which was shining brightly. I saw Heaven, many angels were welcoming me back. I could feel a crescent on my face, I saw my shadow by the clear river. I was beautiful not pitiful or scary.

“I’ll give you second chance.”

The God told me with steady and gentle voice, He forgave me.

“I won’t let You down, You have my words.” I promised Him. He showed me a beautiful smile, it was the most beautiful smile that I’d ever seen.

 

~~~()~~~~()~~~

“Josephine!! Josephine!!!” I heard voices, it sounded so in a rush and worried. “Josephine, wake up!!!” Once again, those voices came into my ears

I opened my eyes slightly, the sunlight wasn’t a joke. It hurt my eyes and I could feel bead of sweat was running through my forehead.

“Oh, Gosh!! Are you okay??”

Many girls were surrounding me, I looked around myself and I just found out that I was in basketball court. “Y-yeah, sure.” I was still clueless but I was answering them all

They all helped me to get up. “We lose but that’s okay, as long as you’re alright.” A girl smiled at me

I was still confused about around me. “Pardon, who are you?” I scratched my head

“Tsk.” She looked vexed now because of my words. “Josephine!! I’m Eunjung, your senior. You have amnesia??”

Wait! Josephine? She called me ‘Josephine’? I was ‘Amber’ and now ‘Josephine’…

“I’ll give you second chance.”

Those words came into my mind, God gave me second chance and I promised I wouldn’t let Him down. Was this reincarnation? If it was true, that was cool. Thank God, He didn’t change me into rat or dog or any animals.

“Alright, Eunjung.” I smiled back at her. The girls accompanied me to the changing room, with enthusiasm, they all dressed me and put make-up on my face.

I just realized that I was the star in my school, everybody loved me. God gave me better life right now not like before but why? There was no evil here, why did He send me into this peaceful world without any evil?

I walked alone in the park behind the school, I noticed every boy chased after me. Confessing their love as they brought a rose in each of their hands. “Pardon me, I can’t.” I turned them down and they looked disappointed because of me

I continued walking around the park, seeing many couples cherished each other. It was beautiful scene although I was a bit jealous of them.

“You won’t be jealous if you have me.”

A familiar voice came from behind me, it stopped my steps. I got chill on my spine, I didn’t want to turn around because I was scared of the owner of the voice.

A big hand grabbed my wrist and it turned me around. My eyes could see his face very clearly, a handsome face, perfect facial feature, blonde hair, tall figure. “Kris.”

He smirked while looking at me, his hand moved to my waist. He brought me closer to him, his soft lips almost touched mine. “We meet again, my queen.”

“KEVIN!!! KYAAAAA!!!!!”  

Many girls shouted out loud, I could hear them clearly calling a name. “Kevin?” I wondered

His face got closer to mine, his scent was different from before but it was fascinating for me. “I’m Kevin now and you’re Josephine.”

My eyes widened. “Let go of me.” I hissed as I pushed his chest

“No, I told you before, right? You’re my bride, I’ll follow you anywhere although God has stolen you from me.” He tightened his grip on my waist and I couldn’t move even for an inch

“I’m not your bride anymore. You have to come back to your place or I’ll punish you in heaven.” I threatened him

“Ouch, my Josephine. My beautiful Josephine…” He shook his head. “Stop me if you dare.”

“I’ll stop you, evil.” I hissed as I taunted him

His smile decorated his face beautifully, how could a devil become so amazingly wonderful just like him? I couldn’t resist that he was a perfect figure in my eyes until now, no one could replace him. That was why he was called devil, it was because he was sweet as sin.

The beautiful shape of his lips landed on my lips, I was melted because he was great kisser. He knew my sweet spot, he was expert on this.

“It starts now.” 

 

===================================================================================================

thanks for reading

after this, the story is all yours