Talk With The Boys

To See You

I opened the door to the dorm room and stepped in quietly. I closed the door behind me and then looked at the empty living room. No one was waiting for me. That's a relief. I took my coat off and hung it up in the closet then kicked off my shoes. I walked over to the couch and flopped down onto it, sighing heavily. Thoughts raced through my mind about making the decision. Soo Man said that I had two weeks to make up my mind and I knew that right now, I was going to need all the time that I can get.
I heard a bedroom door close and suddenly someone curiously poked their head out and looked straight at me. 
       "Finally you are home.." he said.
       "Hi Key.." I replied.
I then hear more bedroom doors shut and soon all of the other members were looking at me, waiting for me to explain what happened at my doctor's appointment. I pretended not to know what they wanted and I just stared at the ceiling. I would do anything to avoid that conversation. Anything. Key came over and stuck his face right over mine.
       "Yah! Minho-ah!" Key blurted.
I sat up quickly and glared at him.
       "What do you want..?" I asked.
       "You know what.. What did the doctor say?" Jonghyun said, entering the conversation.
       "Are you gonna be alright hyung?" Taemin added.
Onew just looked at me and nodded.
       "Well I'm not sure.." I started.
Their facial expression changed. All of their foreheads furrowed and Key sat down next to me. I quickly got up and walked a couple steps away. I put my hand over my eyes and sighed heavily. I turned around to face them and looked at each of their faces individually before continuing.
       "They found a tumor that has built up behind my eyes. It has recently swelled and is putting pressure on my eyes and brain.. He said that I have the choice of getting the surgery.. But there is only a 32% chance of success.." I explained.
The room fell quiet. None of the boys would look at me. They were thinking about what I just told them and they didn't really know how to handle it. Taemin suddenly stood up.
      "You're getting the surgery.. right hyung..?" he asked.
I sighed.
      "I don't know yet.." I answered.
      "What do you mean you don't know yet?" Key piped in,"What if it the surgery is a success?"
      "What if it isn't? Either way I could go blind.." I replied, raising my voice,"You don't know what kind of decision I have to make Key.. My job is on the line.."
Key got up and stood directly in front of me.
       "Minho.. With an attitude like that maybe you deserve to go blind.. You need to be more hopeful of what doctors can do for you.." he said.
       "Do you want me replaced? Is that what you want Key?!" I shouted,"If I go blind.. I can't be on stage anymore and I will be replaced.."
       "What are you talking about?" Jonghyun asked.
       "That Soo Man said that if I go blind, he will end my contract and replace me with someone else.." I answered.
The four of them stayed silent.
       "Nevermind.. It doesn't matter.." I finished.
I rushed out of the room and headed straight to my bedroom, locking the door behind me. I looked around my small room. It wasn't the best, but at least I was able to have a room to myself. I layed down onto my bed and looked through the window. So many thoughts started to enter my mind. The only thing I could think about was the decision on whether to get the surgery or not. A bird flew in front of the window. I got up and stood directly in front of the window, taking in all that I could. If I went blind, I couldn't imagine all of the things I would miss seeing. Taking away any of the major senses is enough to drive a person insane.