Sight Seeing

To See You

I woke up with the sun shining brightly into my room. I sat up quickly and looked at my alarm clock. 11:35 a.m. I jumped off my bed and started to rummage through my closet for appropriate dance practice clothes. After I finished getting ready, I rushed passed the table and stopped. There was a note on the table with my name on it.

      Minho,
Soo Man gave you two weeks off for medical leave so you
don't have to come to practice. That's why we didn't wake
you. Oh.. Sorry about yesterday.. I didn't mean to upset you.
                                                                            -Key


After reading the note, I pulled my coat off along with my shoes. I sat down on the couch and rested my head back. I woke up an hour later. Everyone else still wasn't back yet and then I remembered that we have to stay for hours on end every day.
       "Maybe I'll take the day for myself.." I said aloud.
I showered, got dressed and prepared to walk around Seoul.
I wasn't used to the business of Seoul during the day. Thousands of people were on the streets at one time and many cars packed the streets. I wanted to spend this time sight seeing around Seoul, so I can remember what it looks like if I go blind.

After hours of walking around, I stopped at a coffee shop to eat a light snack and get some coffee.
I purchased a cinnamon roll and a small hazelnut coffee and headed off to the library. I had never 
actually been to the Seoul Public Library, but I heard it was amazing both inside and out. By the
time I had gotten to the library, both my coffee and cinnamon roll were gone. I threw my garbage
away and then turned my attention to the giant building standing before me. The building was huge
with amazing designs and overall being a calming grey color. Many people were going in and out of
the building as I started making my way to the doors.

The amount of books in there was phenomenal. They had at lead 3 bookshelves full of language books
and a whole English section itself. Each shelf had six rows packed with books. The children's section was
upstairs along with at least 15 computers. Downstairs there were another 25 computers. There was
a section full of biographies, auto biographies, and non fictional books along with historical books too.
Splitting the 20 rows of bookshelves were six tables for more people to sit. They even had a furniture
section so people could sit comfortably. I was walking around, taking in all that was going on around me. In an instant my vision went dark, causing me to run into the corner of something and fall down.
       "Sir.. are you okay?" a girl said.
I heard someone run over and bend down next to me. I then felt hand on my shoulder. I started to panic.
My vision still hadn't returned. I started blinking rapidly, hoping that I could see again. Light started to come and I could see my feet along with someone kneeling down in front of me.. She looked very worried. I looked at her and she let out a sigh of relief.
       "Are you okay now?" she asked, trying to smile.
I blinked a few times to ensure that my sight was going to go away and then I held my head in my hands. Is this going to happen all the time?
       "Yah.. Mister.. Are you okay??"