Chapter 7

A New One

 

"So, you basically met Byunghun all again because your brother brought you to the field?"

"Yup. Coincidence, isn't it?"

"Hmm, coincidence if you call it."

Woohyun looked at his watch, "The bell's about to ring, let's go."

"Since I told you so much today, you have to tell me something next time."

"I will."

"And please-"

"Keep it as a secret?", he asked and she nodded.

Just as they were reaching Ryein's class, she felt dizzy and almost lost her balance.

"Hey, you alright?"

She looked at Woohyun and pointed at him, "Why is there 3 of you?"

"3 of me? What- Ryein!", and she fainted right in front of her class.

Everyone rushed out and watched as Woohyun took off his blazer to cover Ryein before carrying her up.

"Get out the way!", and he rushed her to the sickbay.

 

Woohyun sat by the bed and kept his eyes on Ryein, "When do you think she'll wake up?"

"You've asked me that over 10 times, Woohyun-sshi. Oh, she's waking up."

He watched as Ryein tried opening her eyes but the lights were blinding her.

"Where am I?"

"Nurse's office. You fainted."

"That explained 3 of you. Can you help me up?"

Woohyun helped her sit up and the nurse came over. "Have you been having insufficient sleep?"

She shook her head, "Not eating enough?"

And she shook again, "Knocked onto something hard?"

"I got knocked down by someone while playing soccer the other day."

"Was it serious?"

"I was quite dizzy at first but I was fine after a few seconds, so I didn't think it would be anything serious."

"These knocks could be fatal, Ryein-sshi. I suggest you to get a check up at the hospital."

"Now?"

The nurse went over to her desk and wrote on some slips before walking back and giving them to Woohyun.

"Yes, now. Woohyun-sshi can bring you. Give these to the security guard when you're on the way out. And report back to me when you're fit for school, is that understood?"

Both of them nodded and left the room.

"So, you're that female warrior that night."

"You were there?!"

Woohyun nodded and Ryein's head dropped, "The guys too."

"No."

"Yes. Sungjong got us tickets."

"Do they know it's me?"

"No, because we sat all the way at the end and we couldn't see ."

"Oh great. That's good."

"Come on, we need to get you to the hospital before something happens again."

 

"Have you called your family member to come?"

"Woohyun-sshi, can you call my brother for me?", she gave him her phone.

"Again with the sshi.", he looked through her contacts, "Name?"

"Jiho."

"Your brother's THE Woo Jiho?!"

She nodded, "Why?"

"You're really something, Jung Ryein."

Then, the call got connected.

"Yeoboseyo?"

"Oh! Hello there. This is Nam Woohyun, Ryein's friend. She's at the hospital for a check up right now. Are you free to come on down?"

"Oh god, is she okay?"

"Yup, she's fine. We're at Seoul General Hospital."

"I'll be there. Thanks, Woohyun-sshi."

And the call ended, "I can't believed I just spoke to Woo Jiho."

"You're such a fanboy." 

"Hey, he's a legend in this league."

"About that, please don't tell the guys who I'm playing for. And don't let oppa know you're from Infinite."

"Why? Are you ashamed of me now? I'm hurt.", and he covered his heart.

"Stop it. Jiho oppa doesn't like me hanging out with people that's from another team that might be our rival in the future."

"Is that it?"

"Yes- And he's here, with, Byunghun."

Woohyun turned over and stood up, giving Jiho a bow.

"You're Woohyun-sshi?", he asked and Woohyun nodded.

"Really, thank you.", he gave Woohyun a pat on his shoulder then walked over to Ryein.

Byunghun followed and gave Woohyun a nod, which he returned.

Woohyun collected his bag and blazer, "I should go home now. Take good care of yourself, Ryein. I'll see you in school soon?"

Ryein nodded and smile, "Thanks for bringing me here, Woohyun-s. Woohyun."

And Woohyun smiled before leaving.

 

"Whatever happened to you?! My heart almost dropped when I got the call."

"Do you need the doctor?"

Byunghun gave her head a pushed, "Can't you be serious?"

"Ouch! I'm the patient here. Apparently, I fainted earlier due to the impact I received the other day from Dongjun."

"But I thought you said you were fine."

"I thought I was fine, until today. The nurse wanted me to get a full check up, just incase."

"Jung Ryein?", a doctor came out with a clip board.

"Yes."

"You may come in now, are they your family members?"

Ryein looked at both Jiho and Byunghun before nodding, "Can you guys wait for me here? And in case I scream, don't come in."

When Ryein has gone into the room, Jiho took out his phone.

"Hyung, you're not planning to get someone to fight Empires, are you?"

Jiho looked up from his phone and raised a brow, "How did you-"

"You know Ryein wouldn't like that idea."

"They hurt her, Byunghun! And it's not minor."

"Violence doesn't solve anything, hyung. Trust me, and I'm sure Ryein will be fine."

When Byunghun finally calmed the angry Jiho down, he thought back to the guy that accompanied Ryein to the hospital.

*What was his name? Woohyun?*

And his eyes widened, *No way. She can't be hanging out with THAT Nam Woohyun from Infinite, is she?*