Chapter 3

A New One

 

"Thanks for the ride, Minsoo oppa!", Ryein said as she unbuckled her seat belt and reached out for her bag that was in the backseat.

He ruffled her hair, "Anytime for our only girl dongsaeng. Behave in school now!"

"When do I never?"

"One more detention and-"

"And I'll be off the field for a period of time, I know. You guys are so naggy.", she closed the door and waved.

As she walked through the school gates, everyone were looking at her.

Something's off, she thought as she pulled her backpack higher.

She scratched her head to realized she didn't have her band with her to tie her hair.

She then moved her hand to push her spectacle frame higher but it wasn't there it either.

Stopped in her tracks, she only remembered that she left it in on the coffee table earlier.

 

Everyone's eyes was on Ryein when she walked through the door.

As usual, she made her way to her seat which was at the back of the class.

One of the guy approached her and sat in the seat in front of her.

"Hi there, you must be new."

Ryein lifted her head and saw the guy looking at her then his lips once.

Gross, she thought.

Someone sat beside her and she turned to see Sungjong smiling at her, she did the same.

"Your name?", the guy in front spoke again.

"Heejun-sshi, that's Ryein."

The guy seems shocked then laughed, "Well, then I must have been blind for the past year for not noticing."

Ryein rolled her eyes mentally, "Are you done now? Can you get back to your seat?"

"Would you like to be friends?", he asked.

Sungjong beat her to it, "Why notice her now? Because she doesn't have her spectacles? Because her hair is down? I suggest you get your back to your seat, Kwon Heejun."

The guy cursed before making his way out of the class.

"Thanks for that.", she said without looking away from her book.

He smiled, wide.

"That's what friends are for."

"F-friends?"

"I can be your friend, right?"

"Yeah, I guess."

Ryein didn't had a friend ever since she stepped into this school.

She didn't even wanted to be here in the first place.

She wanted to be in the same school as her oppas, but Jiho didn't let her.

"Woollim High is better for you. Our school's just, too messy for a girl like you.", he once told her.

 

"What happened to your spectacles and band?", Sungjong asked as they made their way to the canteen.

"Oh. I left them at home and only realized it when I was walking through the school gates."

She felt Sungjong looking at her, "Do I look bad without them?"

His eyes widened, "Why don't you look at those guys there and tell me?"

Her eyes followed to where he was nodding his heads at.

A row of guys was standing by the lockers, staring at her with their mouths wide opened.

Some eyed her from head to toe before winking at her.

She hold on to Sungjong's arm, afraid that any of them would get near her.

"I'm glad we're friends.", she whispered but loud enough for him to hear.

"Me too. And, I'm going to introduce my group of friends to you."

"Group?"

Sungjong nodded, before scanning the canteen and smiled.

"Come on.", he pulled her with him.

"Yo, maknae. You're finally here and wow who is this.", Sungyeol was now looking at her, and she didn't feel comfortable at all.

"Guys, this is Jung Ryein."

The hyungs stopped eating and looked up to see a pretty girl with her long hair standing beside their youngest.

"Hi.", Ryein awkwardly waved and they continued staring at her.

"Let's go get some food?", Sungjong asked and they made their way to the queue.

"Did she get surgery?", the older ones quickly discussed as soon as they left.

"I don't know but damn I want to know her.", Sungyeol said and his lips only to be smacked by Sunggyu.

"If it comes to dating, I should go first. I'm the oldest, after all."

"Hyung, I'm not too sure if she'll dig a old man like you."

"YAH, LEE HOWON."

"Did I miss something while being chased by a group of girls around the block?"

Woohyun was panting heavily as he sat next to Myungsoo, sipping on the drink his dongsaeng offered him.

"Sungjong introduced us to Ryein."

His eyes shined bright like diamonds, "Ryein? As in like, Jung Ryein?"

"How many Ryein do you know, hyung?", Myungsoo eyed his hyung.

"And they're back. Have you seen her transformation yet, Woohyun?", Dongwoo nodded his head towards their direction.

And Woohyun's jaw dropped.

He knew she was pretty, but he didn't knew she would be THIS pretty.

It took Ryein about 5 minutes after she had taken a seat to realize that someone was intensely staring at her.

Her eyes followed the stare at she jumped to see Woohyun staring at at her, while smiling with his palm propped under his chin.

"I knew you were pretty without those frames.", he said and she almost choked.

Within seconds, she finished her food and excused herself.

"You scared her away, Woohyun hyung!" 

"You guys are boring. I'm gonna go kick some ball."

 

Woohyun left the canteen and strolled down the corridor.

He heard some sounds but it wasn't loud enough to hear what sounds were they.

As he continued walking, the sounds got louder.

And he was sure it wasn't good, it wasn't good at all.

"I'm sure you don't want anyone to hear this."

"GET OFF OF ME!", a female voice said.

It sounded familiar but Woohyun couldn't tell who.

"Just let me do what I want and I'll let you go, Ryein-sshi."

Ryein?

"GET AWAY FROM ME. No. Don't you come near. SOME-"

Her voice got muffled away by something and Woohyun opened the classroom door immediately.

Ryein was being pinned down on the ground with a guy hovering over him.

He slapped her, he thought when he saw a red mark on her cheek.

"What do you think you're doing to her?"

"And who the hell are you? Get out of here and pretend you didn't see anything."

Ryein shook her head violently and her pleading eyes looked right at Woohyun, "Save me."

"I believe I can't do that."

"What?", Heejun got up and stood close to Woohyun.

"And I'll be taking her with me now."

Woohyun helped Ryein up and pulled her behind him, "You alright?"

She nodded and grabbed on his blazer tight with trembling hands.

She was scared.

"Don't let me see you trying to do anything to her again, you hear me?"

Heejun stood at where he was and scoffed when Woohyun took Ryein out of the class with him.

When they were walking side by side, Woohyun glanced over at Ryein and noticed her staring into space.

He took out off his blazer and covered her, "You're shivering."

She stared at him with emotionless eyes.

"Did he touch you?", she shook her head.

He put his arm around her shoulder and she flinched, "It's okay, it's just me."

"Can you help me keep this as a secret?"

"Huh?"

"Don't tell anyone of what Heejun tried to do to me? Not even Sungjong. I don't want him to worry."

"What about reporting to ssem?"

"Can we just let this time pass?"

Woohyun opened his mouth but when he saw how scared she was, he nodded, "Okay."

 

Woohyun walked out of the school gates with the rest of Infinite.

And someone ran passed him.

He could recognize that back view anywhere, Ryein.

She was running towards, someone.

"Byunghun!", he heard her shout and he saw her hugging him.

The guy slowly her hair, "It's okay, I'm here now."

When they walked passed the hugging pair, he realized she was crying. 

 

-------

 

double updates for you hungry readers hahahahahhahaahaha