Chapter 1

Tea Princess

Chapter  1

It was a warm, rainy Saturday morning. Park Bo Young woke up at 6:30 AM again. She couldn't sleep properly for the past few days. She's been paranoid after hearing the news. She tried not to think about it so she went downstairs to the kitchen and made herself a nice warm cup of tea. Then she went up back to her room, grabbed a book, plopped on her bed and started reading.

After a couple hours she could hear her family getting ready for the day. Her dad left an hour ago to go to work, her mom downstairs was in the kitchen frying eggs and sizzling the bacon, and her kid brother Gun Tae was up early playing video games in his room. 

Finally, Bo Young rolled out of bed and went downstairs in the kitchen. She found her plate of food waiting for her in the kitchen and her brother already sitting by the counter, eating his breakfast.

"Good Morning sis" Gun Tae said half chewing his bacon. She grabbed her plate and sat next to Gun Tae. "Hey" she replied as she spread strawberry jam on her toast. 

They ate in silence. Their mom came rushing downstairs all dressed up for work. "I'm leaving, love you!" she rushed for the door. Bo Young and Gun Tae simultaneously answered, "Love you too".

Bo Young turned to her brother, "What are you doing today?" He casually replied, "Hmmm.. I'm probably locking myself in my room and playing video games all day". Bo Young rolled her eyes, "Seriously?". "Well it's not like I can go outside or go to playground. It's raining" He responded. "You're 16 years old! Do something more useful!" she sounded aggrevated. Gun Tae quickly gobbled down his food and ran upstairs. Park Bo Young angrilly stabbed her bacon and mumbled, "Boys are stupid".

After breakfast she went upstairs and into her room. She took a seat in front of her desk, pulled out her textbooks and notes, and started studying. Final exams and graduation was coming up so she decided to study. After hours of studying physics, american political and economic systems, and AP statistics, she felt like her brain was melting. 

Then her phone buzzed. She checked to see who it was and it was Song Joong Ki. He texted to meet him at the park in 15 minutes. She sighed as she got up. She dressed in a floral spring dress with a white lace cardigan. She grabbed her purse and her umbrella, slipped on a pair of turquoise keds and headed outside. It was lightly raining outside. She walked to the park anxiously. It was only a 5 minute walk from her house to the park. When she finally got to the park she looked around to look for him. She found him in the wet playground in the park swinging on swings.

Park Bo Young popped up behind him. Song Joong Ki surprised let out a cracked girly screach. "Oh my god don't scare me like that" he exclaimed gasping for air. "Why are you so surprised? C'mon didn't you invite me here?!" she asked playfully. "Well ya didn't have to jump out of nowhere and give me  such a scare" he glared. "You're so weaksauce" she scoffed. "AM NOT!" He stuck out his tongue. She laughed, "Okay.. so what's up. Why did you want to meet up?". "Oh yeah.. about that. Listen, you know I'm moving to Korea in 5 days and you know I don't want to move back there" he started off awkwardly. "But I need that job offer so I'm leaving Cali for good." He quietly whispered. After a long pause, he finally forced out "So I don't think that this is going to work out." 

Bo Young stared at the ground half shocked. She felt like a hundred knives just pierced her chest which made it hard for her to breathe. She knew it was over between them the day he told her the news, the news that he was moving to Korea but she still had hopes that things wouldn't end like this. Now, reality struck her hard. She looked up at Song Joong Ki. She could see water forming in his eyes. She forced a fake smile, "I knew that this long distance relationship wasn't going to work out. Anyways good luck with your new job in Korea. Take care of yourself.. and goodbye". She gave him a quick hug, turned around and headed home. As she was leaving, Joong Ki let out a choked, "I'll miss you" but Bo Young didn't dare to look back.