UNWANTED PROPOSAL

One Shining Moment

 

               “Its’ Now or Never,” Victoria said to herself while she was trying her best to ease her palpitation. She took a deep breath every second hoping that it can help her ease the feeling but it doesn’t have any effect.

           She once again glances at the guy who was drinking alone in the hotel’s bar. He looked like a happy-go lucky guy but at least he looked decent enough. Well, if she’s going to compare him to all the guys that were there, he was the one she was going to chose. He was wearing a light blue long sleeved polo and black slacks. He was watching a soccer game through the television that was provided by the hotel bar while talking to the bartender.

            She wanted to lose all the confidence she has now but she also think that any moment Yoona might appear and discover that she was telling a lie. She needs to move fast before they discover the truth.

            It all started with a one, if she need someone to blame about this lie she made, she will definitely chose Im Yoona. Yoona may be the most beautiful girl in the world but there was a saying that “all is fair in love”. And to her part, it was so unfair for her that her best friend steal the man she love the most without thinking about her and the friendship they have.

            OK Taecyeon was her fiancée until her best friend Yoona entered the picture and stole him right before her very eyes. It’s only been a month after they broke up when she heard that the two of them are already in a relationship.

            She pretended that everything was okay. That she doesn’t love Taecyoon anymore that’s why she was happy that he already found someone that loves him but she realized that pretending to be happy did not make one happy at all. She ends up finding herself crying.

            She tried to move on.  The cancellation of her wedding has been a big issue to her family so she decides to leave the place that holds all the memory and pain she has. She packed her things without any plan and finds herself buying ticket to KOREA. She made a lie to her parents that she wanted a new environment, a new lifestyle but the truth is she wants to heal her broken heart. It was not easy for her to be in a different country without any background check on that, she got a college degree and but she never had any working experience.

            While she was searching for a work, she meets Krystal. Krystal was working in one of the famous Coffee shop in Korea, with the help of Krystal and her culinary skills it became easy for her to find a Job. That’s the start of her life in Korea , after a few years of striving and working hard she finally have her own coffee shop especially with the help of Krystal. SUNSHINE coffee Shop has been the top and famous coffee shop in Korea for its unique taste and menu; it’s a mixture of Chinese and Korean Coffee. She is now one of the famous entrepreneurs in Korea. Everything was doing perfectly fine for her until she accidentally bumps into her ex boyfriend and ex best friend in a hotel where she decided to take some break. They literally bump into each other and from there she finds out that they already got married, between their small talk Yoona accidentally ask Victoria if she got married. Maybe it was not honest inquiry of Yoona, but she felt that she needed to salvage her pride so she said that she is already engaged to be married and she was with him at the hotel.

            From there she realize that she still couldn’t accept that she got married first, for the fact that she was the one who supposed to be married by now and probably she was his wife. So she made up an imaginary fiancée but she was not prepared at all, and they keep on telling her that they needed to meet that guy soon. In fact they even tell her to join them for dinner. She couldn’t say no. she is in a Hotel now and she doesn’t know much people their. She knows that one call from her employees and everything will be okay but she doesn’t want to bother the. So she finds herself standing in the bar of the hotel, her eyes never leave the Man that caught her attention, she is willing to pay no matter how much it will cost just to get this act finish.

            Victoria took a deep breath and made her way next to the Man she is eying for. “Is someone sitting in here?” she asks.

            His eyebrow met when he made a turn to look at her, but it didn’t lessen his appeal in fact it made him more handsome. He is handsome but not the playboy type but handsome nonetheless, she is sure that this type is someone who can turn girls into crazy ones.

            She should consider herself lucky because he suited exactly what she has in mind: an ordinary yet handsome stranger. Its not that nobody wants to give in to her stupid idea, for about eight hours of looking for a perfect guy to play the role, everyone shows a negative motive about that, in fact one of the guy could be identify as her Father and the worst her Grandfather.

            “You can sit here if you want” the man at least was civil but he didn’t even smile a bit and that made her more nervous, there is a big possibilities that he might turn down her proposal and if that happen she will be a death meat.

            She sit on the chair next to him, he has a bit of wavy hair that she thinks needed to trim a little bit, he had  a shaved, soft jaw, which did not affect his masculinity at all. He also has a thick eye brow and long eyelashes, a pointed nose and he has a very kissable lips. She suddenly shook of the thoughts in her mind.

            She shouldn’t think things like that. She was there to ask for his help and not to give compliment his appearance although it was really tempting to do. Beside the time was ticking away. It’s not the right time to think about those stuff and for sue he was not her type after all.

            The bartenders ask her if she wanted anything. “I want champagne but...” she look at the glass the man was drinking. “but it seems like that one taste better than champagne” she tapped his shoulder” that’s scotch right?”

            He only need.

            The bartender gives her drink within a few minute and before she drinks it, she once again tapped his shoulder” cheers” she said.

            Without any emotions, he did what she wanted.

            She is not a drinker. The only alcohol she tasted was champagne and it only happens once. But if that drink will give more courage to do her plan she might end up drinking a lot? She brought the glass of and slowly sips the scotch and right at that moment she wanted to vomit. “Is this how it tasted?”

            She shook her head trying to get her senses back. She looks at the television. “Who is playing?” she was asking about the sport he was watching.

            Instead of answering her, he looks at her from head to toe, without missing any part of her. She was wearing a black semiformal dress that show of her curves, she let her hair fall and she didn’t even bother to put any make up because her only plan was to actually take her dinner but the incident happen so she doesn’t have much time to prepare and change her clothes.

            “European football rerun” he said. He once again asks the bartender for another drink.

            She nodded her head. “How was the game? Who’s playing?” she was getting nervous. How can she open the topic if he wasn’t paying attention to her?

            “It’s already second half, Reuben has the lead. But their team is guilty of an infringement that’s why they are given a penalty kick. So now they are assembling the wall of defender near the goal”

            As far as she was concerned, the way he speaks Korean is just like her, there is foreign accent to it. His eyes landed on the glass she was holding” are you sure you want to drink that?” his voice sounded a little concerned.

            She vowed her head down. She doesn’t know if she can drink but she has to do it, that’s the only way she knows would give her an extra courage.  “Of course, I’m use to drinking and beside I also check in to one of the hotel rooms so it not a big problem if get drunk but I’m sure I wont get drunk”. She said while taking a sip again. She quickly gulped the liquor in and she swears that will be the last time she will ever drink that.

            He quickly asks a glass of water to the bartender and gives to her. “You’re not much of a drinker, are you?” he said while taking the glass from her hand.

            As soon as he places the glass on the table, he looks at her waiting to answer him. “Am I that obvious?” she asks. She thought she can act but she was wrong.

            He shook his head and asks the bartender to get tired to her drink, not wanting her to drink it again. She was somehow thankful about what she did. “Girls rarely drink scotch, and I can see that it’s the first time you ever tasted it, it will be nasty if you continue of drinking. Just don’t drink this, I’ll pay this one” he said before taking a deep breath. “I think it will be better if you will tell what is it that you want, because from the looks of it you want something, am I right?”

            Girls. She wanted to get mad at him for calling her like that. Does she look like a seven year old kid or a sixteen year old girl? And what’s with paying her drink. Hell she can pay for it. “w-what are you talking about?”

            He took a glance at the bartender; he was assuring that he would not hear anything they will talk about. “I’m sure that you’re not dress like that just to talk about football and have a drink, and I bet that you don’t have any idea about those things.” He’s lips made a smirk. “I know the moment I saw you at the doorway fidgeting,” once again he scan her from head to toes and he shook his head. “Sorry to disappoint you, but I’m not interested.

            Then it hit her, he took that she was there to ask for a one night stand, and that thing made her reach her boiling point.” It’s not like what you think it is, are you insulting me?”

            “Hey, don’t get me wrong, it’s a nice dress, it’s very elegant” the gleam in his eyes showed a hint of appreciation. But she knows that he already misunderstood the situation.

            “I can’t believe this!” she blurted out. Once her feet landed on the floor, there is only one thing that running through her mind, she need to get out from that place soon. As soon as possible.  But she can’t blame him, she approached him and even sit next to him, everyone would think that she was there to have some fun, to look for someone who can spend a night with her and from the conversation she has with him, it only showed that she need it and she might beg for it. Even she can’t believe that he will think of her like that, she felt like a hooker but she immediately dispelled the feeling. She knows that she is innocent.

            The only choice she has own, was to leave that place. That’s the only solution she has now.

            “Are you going to leave now? The game is not finish yet, you will not know who will win?”

            She stops walking once she heard his voice. She took a glance of him and she can definitely see the smirk forming on his face. If they are not in a public place she might end up giving him a slap on his face. But she can’t blame for she know that she did something that’s why the situation turn into something like this. It’s not his fault if he think something like that about her, that she is only looking for - -

            She shook her head. The thought of it makes her feel disgusted.

            “Thanks but you’re right. I’m not really into scotch and football” she said with honesty, before turning her back to him.

            It’s hopeless. She thinks. There is this sudden sadness she felt inside her heart. She couldn’t do anything at all. She couldn’t do anything but to run from the past.

            “It’s still too early to leave” she heard his voice again which made her stop again. “If you want I can order champagne for you, and I can also ask them to turn the channel”

            She took a deep breath. She didn’t know that he was stubborn and noisy. She couldn’t think right on how to escape the mess she did with him pulling her back. “I’m sorry but my friends are waiting for me and I think I’m a bit late”.

            “Friends?” she didn’t know id it was her imagination, but she heard it right, there is hurt in the way he said it. He spins the stool that he was sitting. “Maybe next time, by the way I’m Nichkhun.”

            “Victoria” she said. She can give any name but she doesn’t why she give her real name. she only took a few steps when she saw Yoona standing there. She almost bumps into the stool because of her shock.

            “Back so soon?”

            She quickly turns to face him. “Nichkhun” his eyebrow met when he heard his name. He was holding a glass of scotch, her glass to be exact.

            “Look, I need you” she said.

            She heard him chuckle. “I’m okay with Pep talk.” He said apologetically. “But babe, like what I told you, I’m not game. At least not tonight”

            It took her a few minutes before she could understand what she was talking about.  And once again it made her reach her boiling point but she need to calm down. “Can you please listen to me first? Just for a few second? I need your help. This is a matter of life and death” she hissed.

            He pointed himself. “Me? I don’t think I look like the man you were looking for. Beside I’m tired, taking you to heaven won’t be a piece of cake, you know?”

            She closed her eyes. “ert” she shouted. She look at where Yoona  was standing and with her luck, Yoona was even looking at her.

            She once again looks at Nichkhun. “Look, I need a guy who can pretend to be my soon to be husband, just for a few minutes, please?” she once again look at Yoona she was already making her way to them. “Please can you that, just for a minute, have mercy on me?”

            He didn’t answer because Yoona was already their standing.

            “I knew it, it was you Victoria, it was you the one I saw who entered here, and we’ve been waiting for” she was smiling sweetly at them, her signature sweet smile. Yoona took a glance at Nichkhun and Victoria, trying to analyze the situation, and then it hit her. “You must be Victoria’s fiancée” she held her hand out, “HI I’m Yoona, your fiancée’s friend”

            If she can disappear at that moment, she might end up doing it soon. If they found out that she was lying, she might end up getting humiliated.

            “I’m sorry if we made you wait, she keeps on asking me to keep going but I really can’t since my team is playing ball. I’m Nichkhun” he took her hand and brought it to his mouth and planted a little kisses on it. “Vic told me a lot about you, finally I was able to meet you”

            I didn’t escape her, they way she said her name, he said those name, as if he use to call her by that name for a long time. When he let go of Yoona’s hand, it snake’s around her waist. His hand was firm and a little tight around her waist.

            Yoona was a bit shy after his action. “Victoria why didn’t you tell me that your fiancée is charming, come on, my husband is been waiting for too long.”

            Nichkhun laughed. “You’re already married, you don’t look it”

            Yoona laughed. It feels like she was a teenager again with his compliments. She was obviously pleased. “I know, Qian only knew that I’m already married a while ago”

            “Qian?”

            Oh she didn’t tell you about it? It’s her real name Victoria Song Qian. I’m already Mrs. Ok Yoona” she said

            Ok?” That word make his eyebrow met but he didn’t pay attention to that, he leaned in closer to Victoria “Give me a recap as fast as possible. I didn’t know what I’m doing”

            She feels thankful about that, and she couldn’t find any words on how to say it. She explained to him in a very easy he can understand their situation. “She was my friend and college classmate in China, like what she said she is already married, her husband was my ex- boyfriend, and you know what I’m talking about right. We bumped into each other after two years and ahm.. I kind of mentioned I was engaged even though I’m not, I was force that’s why I need to showed them my fiancée.

            It only took him a minute to fully understand the situation before they finally get to the hotel restaurant, they made a way to the fourth table when she saw a man who was backing them but still so familiar to him.

            Her heart beat faster, he definitely know who is that.

            Yoona quickly made her way to the guy who was backing them. “Hon, they are here” she informed her husband.

            The man made a glance to where they are standing, he was shock for a second but his face suddenly glows. “ Nichkhun is that you?”

            “Taecyeon?” Nichkhun blurted out. Before he chuckled and from that he let go of her waist, and tapped Taecyeon shoulders “I should have known it was you”

            She was shock. How come they know each other?

 

           

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

HELLO LOVELY READERS :)

 I ALREADY POSTED THE CHAPTER ONE. LET ME SEE WHAT YOU THINK 

ENJOY :*