chapter 7

Beastly Love

 

 

Your point of view

I kept the box of cookies in my locker. I hope he likes it.

I was running—again—going to my math class. Joy. AJ is my classmate once again. I was glad I wasn’t late. Before the class could start, Doojoon came in the room with an aura even I can’t explain. It makes me wanna moan; like depressed. Damn this guy. Why are you even so cool? Don’t you have any pity for girls who like you? You’re so hard to reach.

Then AJ was shaking me.

“In love with Doojoon much?” he asked.

“No way! Eew!!” I exclaimed.

“What are you staring at, huh?”

“None of your business.” I laughed. I faced the black board, and in the corner of my eyes, I could feel Doojoon’s stare at me. What is he; kind of Edward-Cullen-staring-at-Bella-Swan guy?

All throughout the class, I felt sleepy. AJ hadn’t noticed my head almost-falling-on-my-desk since he was so engrossed with Geometry. My head was spinning and my eyes couldn’t take it anymore. Then suddenly, my head fell on my desk. I dreamt for a moment. Doojoon was laughing with me. His face looked like heaven and he was so cute. I was startled when someone threw me a crumpled paper. I looked around me; AJ was listening with his iPod while copying notes. There was also Junhyung, giggling with his girlfriend. I turned to my back and caught a glimpse of Sooyoung. She smiled so I smiled back. Then I opened the crumpled paper:

 don’t you dare fell asleep, or else you’re DEAD!

I looked for the person who threw me the paper. Then, Doojoon was glaring at me. He made a joking slash on his neck. I knew that he was the one who threw it to me. I forced my eyes to open no matter how sleepy I was. I got irritated so I decided to listen at the lecture; with my blood boiling.

After school, I caught up to Sooyoung on her locker. She seemed to be in a hurry.

“Hey, Sooyoung!” I yelled.

“Oh, how was the first day?” she asked politely.

“It was… fine. I guess.” I said hesitantly. “Are you in a hurry?”

“Uhh, yeah.”

“Sooyoung!!!” someone called.

“Crap!!” Sooyoung muttered.

“Let’s go home together.” the cute girl who called her said gleefully. I bet it was her friends. They were 8 of them; all beautiful, rich and of course, y. The qualities I don’t have. But I guess some of them took plastic surgery. It was obvious.

“Uhm… I’m going home with ____!” Sooyoung said resting her hand on my hand as if we were best friends that time.

“____? Why what is she to you?” the blonde girl asked rudely.

“You truly are an ice princess, J*****a. She’s my friend so I have the right to go home with her.” She replied.

“And you’ve got guts to answer back!”

“Enough, J*****a. don’t be like that to Sooyoung.” Taeyeon-who looked like the eldest of the group- held her back.

“She’s choosing her over us!” the blond girl retorted.

“No I’m not!” Sooyoung disagreed.

Maybe it’s time for me to interrupt.

“Excuse me.” I said aloud. “Uhm, you don’t have to get mad at her. She found me first, and I’m not leading her away from you; which is what I noticed from the situation. Sooyoung is just naturally friendly so there is no need for you to be upset.” Then I turned to Sooyoung. “You go home with them. I’ll be okay.” I smiled.

“You’re sure? I’m sorry for this.” She said in a low voice, enough for me to hear.

“It’s nothing. Anyway, they’re really you’re friends; sisters.”

“I dunno.” She answered and went to them.

“Bye Sooyoung!” I waved at her and ran away. I hid behind a post and calmed myself down. I’ve never talked to girls like them.

“You can hang out with us. Why her? She doesn’t fit in to be your friend.” The girl called Yoona said.

“I don’t care if she’s not beautiful like us. Her heart is much prettier than us.” Sooyoung said.

Whew! I’ll never talk to them anymore! Except Sooyoung.

“Hey.” AJ appeared suddenly which made me squeal. “Are you going home now?” he asked.

“Yeah. Actually, I am leaving.” I went to the lot where I parked my bicycle.

“You sure you’re safe with that? It’s getting dark.” He looked up at the sky.

“I’ll be…”

“I’ll take you home.” He suddenly grabbed my hand, leading me to his motorcycle.

“W-wait! My bike! I just can’t leave it there!!” I yelled.

“Don’t worry about it the school takes care of the things you left at school.”

“But I still need it later!” then he let go of my hand.

“Okay, we’ll take yours then.” He walked back to my bike and unchained it from the pole.

“Ya! How did you know to pick up the lock?” I asked in amazement.

“I was trained for this. *smile*. Just kidding. Let’s go.” He took my bike and we went out the gates together.