chapter 12

Beastly Love

Chapter 12

“Doojoon hyung, I can see you’re staring at that girl.” Junhyung pointed where ____ and Sooyoung were seated.

“Junhyung-ah, I want to ask a favor from you.” Doojoon said.

“Whatever it is.”

“Ask her for a date.”

“Pardon?” Junhyung looked at him surprisingly.

“I want to see if she falls so quickly with your charm.”

“What you’re asking is very easy. I’ll ask her tomorrow; after I break up with Tiffany.” Junhyung smirked.

“Attention ladies and gentlemen!!!” the coach began to gather all of them. “You’re here to have your swimming test. I want to see who’s good in swimming. Then, if you are chosen, you are qualified to enter for the nationals.”

A lot of them murmured in amazement.

“There are 24 students in your class; 12 boys and 12 girls. You’re going to compete with each other so I could see who are good and not. Until we’re up to top 3, I’ll be judging the 2 students who will be qualified for nationals. Araso?” the coach explained.

“This is getting more interesting.” ____ whispered to her friend.

There were only 3 pairs left and the coach wasn’t contented with their performances. From the 3 pairs, ____ and Sooyoung along with a girl named Kwon Sohyun were left. The boys were AJ, Doojoon and Yoseob; the top 3 best swimmers in class.

While waiting…

“Where have you trained?” Sooyoung asked her friend.

“Well, in my previous school, we don’t have enough budgets to construct for a pool, so I trained myself.” ____ said.

“So where did you trained?”

“In the sea, of course.”

“No joke! Really? How come you manage to train yourself? Isn’t it hard to swim through those rough currents?”

“I swim in rivers sometimes and yes, it’s hard. But I trust the tide. I know it’ll protect me.” she smiled.

“Kwon Sohyun and Yang Yoseob, you two are up.” The coach said. The two of them stepped in front of the swim platform. Then they splashed through the water.

“You know, Sohyun is the best swimmer among all girls.” Sooyoung said.  “But coach was never contented with her performance. He needs unique style and moves.”

“But she’s too good.” ____ said.

“Not for him.”

Yoseob won. He’s one of the top 3 now. It was time for Doojoon and Sooyoung to compete. Will she be able to concentrate now that she’s competing with her long time crush?

“Good luck Sooyoung!!!” ____ squeezed her friend.

As expected, Sooyoung was distracted from Doojoon. He’s one of the top 3 now. It’s up to ____ and AJ who’ll win. Since, AJ is so nice to her, is he willing to give up his spot for her?

As ____ and AJ stepped in the platform, he spoke.

“____, today, we’re not close okay? It’s up to us who’ll win.”

“I don’t mind if you win. You did your best. But I need the slot too.” she smiled.

“Now you’re challenging me.” he smiled to her then the coach blew on his whistle. The coach wasn’t looking at them. He knew that AJ will still win. Even though he needs a girl swimmer, there was no choice but to let AJ enter for the nationals.

The crowd cheered. Mostly girls.

“____, you’ve brought victory for us girls!!!” Sooyoung reached her hand to congratulate her.

‘Victory?’ the coach went alarmed.

____ won the race. She’s now with the top 3. AJ hugged at her proudly. Yoseob was cheering for her. Doojoon was… -no comment-

“I’m very, very proud of you Ms. Choi! But you’ll compete with the two boys to see who are faster in swimming.” The coach grinned at her. ____ felt flattered and proud for herself.