Behind The Smile...

Is This Love Wrong?

As you headed to your room, you suddenly remembered the talk from earlier. *Aigoo.... my memory is already starting to fade, and I'm not even 20 yet!?* you thought and knocked on your head softly.

You bumped into something and stared up. "OMO!" you screamed but then covered your mouth so it was only a loud muffled up sound. It was DaeHyun oppa.... without a shirt.

He stared at you, shocked for a second, and looked aorund, thinking you saw a huge bug or something. 

You turned bright red and ran into your room. *Ottokae!!?? My innocent eyes!!!!* you screamed inside your head and rubbed your eyes. *Was that moment even real!? I cannot think more of it or else...* you thought as you bit your lower lip from the earlier sight.

DaeHyun shrugged as he headed for the bathroom with his shirt slung over his shoulder. Zelo came out of his room and scratched the back of his head while walking downstairs to fetch a cup of milk. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------Zelo's POV: --------------------------------------------------------------------------

As I walked back into my room, I couldn't help but stare into ~~~~~'s room. She seemed like she was thinking hard and her eyes looked really red. 

I was guessing she cried, but it didn't look like she shed a tear. She turned her head towards me, and rubbed her eyes. "Oh, OPPA!!!" she yelled as she just ran towards me and hugged me as hard as she can I believe because I felt like practically dying because of losing tremendous breathing.

I pushed her away and put my hands to my knees as I began to pant for breath. I gulped and looked up at her. "Whah - Why are you so deep in thought?" I asked her as I hit my chest. 

She bit her lower lip and pat my back gently. "Mianhe oppa..." she said. "Eh?" I replied, confused at her sudden words. She shook her head and sat down on her bed.

"O-oppa... Can I tell you something..?" she suddenly said as she went into her closet and returned with a dusty box. I just stood there, thinking why she would be taking out such a dusty, old box.

*Well, might as well listen to her, since this may be sorta important...*

---------------------------------------------------------------------- Your POV: ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

You opened up the rusty box, hesitating, and took out an old picture. It was one of your brother. The one that died... You handed the picture to Zelo and held your knees while rocking back and forth.

"That.... was my older brother. It was all my fault that he died... All my fault!" you said, trying to hold back the tears.

You bit your lip and lowered your eyes to the ground, avoiding eye contact with Zelo. "And so..." you continued, "After that accident, I became very depressed until I found you guys!" you said, trying to sound as cheerful, but your voice was trembily. 

Zelo looked at the picture again. *Well, he seems kind of warm and nice...* he thought and sighed.

You hid your face against your knees and sighed an exasperated sigh. Zelo looked at you and did a half smile. He handed the picture back to you and looked at the ground.

"Well, can you tell me your story?" he asked. You looked up at him, taken back, but then nodded slowly. "I'll try to, but if I start crying, don't blame me," you said as you looked at him. He nodded and smiled a little.

You sighed and looked up, ready to start the story. "It all happened when..."

                                                                                                         

                                                                                                      ~~~FLASHBACK~~~

Your family was just going on vacation at Jeju Island. "OMO! Oppa, look at that!" you shouted as you tapped on your brother's shoulder, excitedly.

He looked at where you were pointing and laughed. "Oh, Ottokae!? I'm going to die on this beautiful island!" you said happily as you touched your heart, jokingly.

Your umma stared at you from the mirror, and laughed. "Don't get ready to die yet! You're not even at the best part," she said. You smiled and nodded as you looked at your brother.

"Oppa! Do you want to go swimming when we get there!?" you shouted, excitedly. "Of course! That's the best part about Jeju Island!" he smiled and looked ahead. You all unpacked your stuff into a really nice hotel room. Your brother and you shared a room while your parents shared another.

After you both got ready for swimming, you raced to the water and splashed around. "OMO! The water is so cold!!" you shouted as you hurriedly ran back to shore. "Aish.. Dongsaeng-ah, it's not that cold!" your oppa shouted as he dragged you back into the water. "AHH!!!" You screamed as you splashed back inside the cold water.

After awhile, you got used to the water and swam farther and farther away from the shore. "Oppa! I betcha can't come get me!" you shouted and laughed. Your oppa turned around and made wide eyes. "Yah! Come back here! Umma and Appa is really going to yell at you! You're gonna get it if you don't turn back!" he shouted as he began to swim to you.

You just laughed and swam farther.... until your legs suddenly decided to give up and have a cramp. "OMO!" you shouted as you plunged into the water, deeper and deeper. Suddenly, someone grabbed you and before you knew it, you were back at shore.

When you woke up, all you heard were screaming and shouting. You coughed up water, and looked around. *Oppa?* you thought and looked around a second time. It was dark already and the sun was setting. Everyone had flashlights, and they were all looking into the water. 

You suddenly realized that your brother wasn't with you, and that.... he was gone. Your umma was crying next to you. "UMMA!?!? Where's oppa!!!???" you shouted as you shook her gently. She shook her head and hid her face behind her hands.

You suddenly knew what happened... He was gone FOREVER and he wasn't going to come back... You silently cried yourself to sleep that night... looking at the clothes he left behind and remembering all the memories left behind.

END OF FLASHBACK-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You ended the story abruptly and bursted into a bunch of tears. You held onto Zelo like you were holding on for dear life, and let out all the tears that you've been holding for the past 6 years.

Zelo didn't know what to do but hug you back...