We'll always settle for each other.

We'll always settle for each other.

 

“Yah, what’s wrong with you? Get off from there!” I could hear an all too familiar voice shout at me as it came onto the rood to join me.

 

“Get off from where?” I laugh, giving Jiyong a look. “I’m not standing on the ledge, I’m leaning over it. I’m near the ledge, I’ll give you that but…”

 

He laughs, running a hand through his black and pink hair. “I know, I’m just joking. I’m much rather be up here–” He walks closer to me, wrapping his arms around my waist and resting his chin on my shoulder. “Looking up at the stars with you than downstairs being bothered by the maknaes.”

 

“Hm, is that so?” I grin, leaning into his embrace. He’s good with words and is able to charm a girl with them in the blink of an eye. It was expected, though, from one of the most popular producers in Korea. “You know what, actually, speaking of the maknaes–” I turn around in his arms to face him. “I haven’t seen them in the longest time! How about we go-”

 

“No.” He tightens his arms around my waist, burying is face into my neck. “Stay up here with me, just for a little longer…”

 

I giggle, bringing a hand up to his hair and caressing it softly. “But Jiyong, the maknaes-”

 

“Yeah hyung. The maknaes.” Another voice joins us, and we turn our heads to see Daesung and Seungri. Jiyong loosens his grip on me, but doesn’t let me go.

 

“Hi Seungri, hi Daesung.” I give them a small wave and smile.

 

“Hi Jaehwa!” They greet me in return.

 

“Yah, maknaes!” Ji shouts at them with a grin. “Who are you to ruin my time up here with my girlfriend?”

 

“But hyung!” Daesung whines. “We got hungry and we wanted to see if Jaehwa could make us something. We haven’t gotten the chance to test her cooking, yet!”

 

“Daesung, no! She’s not your sla-”

 

“And I wanted to know if Jaehwa has any new friends I might be able to take out!” Seungri whines in his own turn.

 

“Seungri!” Jiyong cries out, obviously getting stressed. I laugh- these three can be ridiculous at the best and worst of times. “Can’t you guys leave me and my girl alone?”

 

“But hyung-”

 

“No!”

 

“Hyung-”

 

“Maknaes!”

 

They both laugh, grinning their heads off. “Fine, hyung. Fine.” Says Seungri, waving it off.

 

“We’ll just try and make ourselves food instead.” Says Daesung, opening the door to go back inside the apartment building.

 

“I’m sure it’ll go well. I mean, what could go wrong?” Laughs Seungri again.

 

The moment the two maknaes are downstairs, Jiyong tightens his grip around me again and starts to press kisses onto my forehead.

 

“Jiyong,” I say. “I’m actually kind of worried-”

 

“Don’t worry.” He mumbles, letting out a low chuckle. “If they burn down the building, we won’t live to get in trouble for letting them try and cook.”

 

“Oh,” I laugh. “That’s pleasant.”

 

“Only because I’ll die with you.” He laughs in turn.

 

“Only because I’ll die with you.” I say back to him, leaning my forehead against his.

 

“Have you ever thought about dying with me?” He asks.

 

“I’ve thought about dying, sure.”

“But not with me?”

 

“No, with you. Not all the time, but right now, I want to die with you by my side when the time comes.”

 

“That’s a nice thought,” He laughs. “I’ll keep that in mind. If something else happens and one of us leaves a little early, I’m holding this against you.”

 

“Against, me?” I gasp, mocking offence. “But why? If you die early, it’s your fault for leaving.”

 

“It’s your fault for not dying with me.”

 

“It’s our fault for dying in the first place.”

 

“So it is.”

 

“Always.”

 

“Let’s live this out, than.” I smile.

 

“Hm…” He grins back. “Are you sure you want to die with the odd, pitiful me by your side?”

 

“I don’t know, are you sure you want to die with the undecided me by your side?”

 

“I think I could settle for it.”

 

“Than I think I can too.”

 

“Always?”

 

“Always.”

 

We’ll always settle for each other, no matter when we part these lives.