Chapter 1; He found me

Café

March 6, 2011

It’s Monday today, Bom sat on her usual spot in her favourite cafe. The smell of her usual cappuccino engulfed her senses as she stare at the window. It’s raining again. Tiny droplets of the rain glistened on the window as the lights of the lampposts make the night brighter. She tightened her grip to her cup to make her hands warm. All of a sudden, she felt sad and cold.  She seemed out-of-place. Well honestly, she is.  She cannot stand the sight of the lovey-dovey couples inside the cafe.  They look like snakes intertwining their bodies together. Haha! She thought and faked a laugh. She always manages to joke around and laugh whenever her officemates of being a single woman at the age of 23. They would ask her this question every single day! And it bothers her big time!

“So Bommie! Have you found him yet?”

“I haven’t found him yet. Besides, I don’t want to rush things. I’m happy and contented.” She always replies them with that which causes laughter to her officemates. She glared at her co-workers who returned back to their work as if Bom’s answer would always complete their day. Everyone is trying to help Bom to find a boyfriend to lessen her bitterness as they would always say.

“Yeah, right! There is absolutely nothing wrong with you having no boyfriend since birth up to now. Seriously Bom, there is a problem and I’m very much positive that it is you.”Her bestfriend, Dara, always remind her that she should socialize more because she’s beautiful, young and for goodness sake, single and available. Dara would make Bom accompany her whenever she’s invited by her friends to a party in a club. Of course, Bom being the antisocial girl that she is, would just sit in a corner and wait until Dara pass out so she could take her home.

“Dara! I just haven’t found the right one! I’m just being patient, you know.”

"Just don't blame me if you die spouseless."

"I will haunt you!! Hahaha!"

The storm won’t seem to go away so she decided to spend her spare time sitting here in the cafe, writing her schedules for this week on her green planner, occasionally stirring her cup of coffee, listening to the cafe’s relaxing background music, waiting for something to happen, wishing there’s someone with her right now so that she can snuggle with him too like the other people inside the cafe. She’s actually day-dreaming again. She’s actually good at this. She daydreams every time she zones out.

Out of the blue, a hand tapped her on her shoulder. Not wanting to be disturbed, she just shrugged not bothering to look up. She then saw a figure sit in front of her. When she looked up, she thought she saw the most handsome man alive.

He was wearing an expensive-looking, dark suit with matching black sunglasses. The suit hugged his body perfectly. He has the most luscious lips she had ever seen and a prominent nose which accentuated his attractive eyebrows and y jaw line. The extraordinary handsome guy ran his hands through his damp hair and removed his sunglasses in which he placed on the table. Bom cannot help herself but to gape in awe. She felt her heart skip a beat.

He is breath-taking for goodness sake!

She probably met the most mesmerizing eyes in the world. His eyebrows are eye-catching. They’re thick and have 2 slits on the left brow. His looks, his built and his charms are perfect to make girls swoon over him almost instantly. His eyebrows furrowed a little when he saw his black phone wet. He slowly opened his suitcase and a sigh escaped his irresistible lips.

Upon hearing his deep voice, she slowly placed her right hand on her chest. She could feel the irregular beating of her heart. She cannot describe what she’s feeling right now. She’s never been like this.

The guy looked up only to find Bom smiling weirdly at him. He raised a brow and talked to her to break the awkward stare she’s giving him,

“I’m sorry if I disturbed your privacy,”

Bom didn’t move a bit. Her weird smile still plastered on her face. He couldn’t understand what have happened to Bom. He asked her again, this time leaning a little bit closer to her.

“Miss, are you okay?”

As if someone snapped in front of her, she instantaneously jumped a bit from her seat at the sudden closeness of his face to hers. She smelt his musky scent which quickly made burning sensations on her cheeks. Her heart is going to explode in any seconds!

“Of- of course I am!” She fidgeted uneasily. A smirk tugged at his lips. He scooted away and patted his head with the already damp tissue the cafe employees had placed on each table.  She saw the guy run his hand through his damp hair again. He looks so damn y with that motion.  She would love to make a gif of that scene and store it in her phone. She giggled when she realized what she’s thinking about.

He placed the damp tissue on the table. Bom hurriedly dug in her bag to get her own tissues. She was so thankful that she always brings all of her stuffs everyday and now is the perfect timing to use it. 

After almost a minute, she frowned when she didn’t find the green tissue box. She was thankful that she didn’t forget to bring her favourite hanky and does a little victory dance when she found it. She has completely forgotten that there is a gorgeous guy in front of her. He smiled at her silliness. How can someone misplace something in her own bag? She must be something. He thought.

“Here’s my hanky. You can use it all you want.” She extended her arms to him and offered the hanky with her two hands as if she’s offering it to a god. She can’t make herself look at his burning eyes that will surely melt her so she just looked at her pumps. Her toes were curled up and she’s still nervous like hell!

The guy accepted it and took the hanky. Her body tensed at the sudden contact of his hand to hers. It sent chilling sensations down to her spine.

She heard him mutter ‘Thanks’. She felt her cheeks quickly burning up. Am I blushing? It’s just his voice Bom! Control yourself. Be poised in front of him. You better not fall for him that fast. She thought. The guy noticed the colourful hanky. It was a green Stitch hanky. It also has a corn, a banana and an alien looking creature also printed on it. Interesting.. He thought.

Bom just sat there watching his every move. She made the hanky that the gorgeous man was using! She’s never been this proud of herself! She really adored Stitch so she painted it on her favourite green hanky. She also added her other favourite things like corn, banana and lettuce.

Omo!Omo! He wiped it on his face! Just earlier, I wiped it on mine too! She giggled at the thougt. She was just simply anticipating his next actions. While wiping his face, he noticed Bom bring out a small, clear jar with different colour gummy bears inside. She placed it on the table and said,

“Here, take this.” She smiled to him. He raised his eyebrows and stopped drying his hair. Who would accept things from a stranger? He just met her ten minutes ago but she already earned a little bit of his trust. He didn’t know why but he accepted it. It may be out of his character to accept things just like that but he didn’t care.

“These are actually good for your health. You wouldn’t want to catch a cold, would you? I mean, who would want to catch one..” She heaved a sigh and looked down the floor. Right! I sounded really dumb. Goodbye good image. He was really entertained by her. Just a second ago, she sounded really cheerful and happy. Now, why so gloomy? She’s so 2-d, no, not just that but 8-dimensional. He found her very amusing. But she’s right. He had always hated colds.

 “Thanks.”

Bom smiled. She heard his voice again! She may look calm and collected outside but inside, her squeals are non-stop. The man continued to wipe his hair with the hanky lend by Bom. She just sat there examining the man; no, more like remembering all the details about him as if it’s the last time she’ll be meeting him.

A familiar sound was heard and it finally broke their silence. Someone’s calling. Bom snapped back to reality and erased all her dreamy thoughts about this unknown man in front of her. The man just continued wiping his face while she hurriedly dug in her bag again. “Aish.” He cannot help himself but to smirk at her. After almost a minute of searching and juggling things inside her bag, she finally got a grip of her phone and answered it hesitantly.

“Hello? Dara-yah!” She tried to hide the excitement she’s feeling and save it later for Dara. She just can’t wait to see her reactions that she met a hot guy in her favourite place.

“Bommie unnie! I need you to be here! There is an emergency! Bommie-”

“Okay, okay! Just wait! I’m coming! Dara! Please, just wait for me!” The guy suddenly looked up to her. She sounded really nervous and worried. She immediately stood up and hurriedly went to the door.

He was speechless. How can she.. She's really careless huh? Something the people thought he had forgotten how to escaped his lips. Before he got the chance to run after her, she came back after almost ten seconds panting as she bowed to him.

“I’m sorry mister. I think I forgot my bag.”

He thought he already forgot how to do it, but he laughed.

Wow! She’s really one of a kind. 

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Hey guys! Sorry for not updating this fic. Been busy with school and other stuffs. Haha Recently TOPBOM performed 'Oh Yeah' at Korean Music Wave which triggered my imagination and decided to continue writing this fic. Look at how TOP looked at Bom during their 'Like this!' part. *squeals!

I made some minor revisions in this chapter.