The Stupid Mistake

The Break Up Ballad
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“So, this Park Bom girl, do you really love her?”

“Gah, you’ve asked me this question zillion times, aunty, come on, who doesn’t love her? She is gorgeous.”

“Well, your mother told me she doesn’t like her, me neither, after hearing about her past.”

“You guys old people seriously need to snap it out already. Stop judging! It was her past, she was poor, mom should be proud of me because the new girlfriend I got now is a hardworking girl who starts from nothing.”

“Sandara is a hardworking girl too, and she is prettier than your new girl.”

“Please, aunty, or doctor, please… stop mentioning her name!”

“What am I supposed to say then? You’re here, obviously consulting about your feelings about Sandara. Why can’t I mention her name?”

“I’m not here to talk about my feelings about Sandara. I’m here to ask for your advises for my problems.”

“Problems regarding about Sandara.”

“Doctor!”

“Fine, Chaerin. Anything you want to ask me about your feelings and problems?”

“Nothing.”

“Then I must be confused why you still need me as your consultant and doctor. I mean, why are you here? I have a lot of patients waiting on the line.”

“I’m bored, aunt. Nothing to do, business is run by my employees, I’m on hiatus after receiving… the… ing award. , aunty!”

“Hey! Watch your mouth!”

“Sorry…”

“What happens now?”

“That night in the award. Didn’t you know?”

“Know what?”

“God, aunty! You didn’t even watch your niece on TV? Come on, you disappoint me.”

“Sorry, Chae. You know Saturday night is kids night. I can’t watch TV, I need to play with them. So what happened that night?”

 

***

 

Chaerin is walking up the stage elegantly after her name was yelled out as the winner of award category ‘best song of the year’. Her song, FYI, is a happy, offensive break up song. People love the song, but there’s one person who wished the song was never exist. Dara, who is the main subject of the song, is ing irritated the first time the song was released. She knew exactly what the song is trying to deliver.

 

“It’s not happening.” Dara is murmuring, bad-mood mode on.

 

Jiyong smirked, “It’s bloody happening. I’m proud of that .”

 

“Hey, that song is telling bad things about me. Don’t you get it?”

 

Jiyong is not taking his eyes off of the stage where Chaerin is already standing tall proudly, holding the trophy. “I like that song, Dara. I don’t care if it’s about you or not but that song is damn popular and…. No matter what you have to admit that your ex is a damn genius, I tell ya.”

 

“No she is the stupidest person ever.” Dara denied it but sincerely she always knows that Chaerin is a hardcore genius, that’s also one of the reasons she liked that girl.

Chaerin is a genius, y, intelligent and surprising. Those four elements are just so hard to beat, and those elements are on the top list of Dara’s ideal type.

 

“Thank you so much for this… uhm, I never thought I was going to win this I mean, I had stopped singing for years and then suddenly my song were all over the top charts. I didn’t expect that…” Chaerin chuckled and then the audiences at the back are cheering anonymous.

 

Dara rolled her eyes and gulped her drink, she felt hot inside, filled with anger and denial.

Then she accidentally glanced at Park Bom who is smiling like an angel watching her perfect girlfriend standing proudly on stage.

 

“So I wanna thanks all my fans, for still supporting, you all are my inspiration I can’t describe my feeling right now… and then, of course I wanna say thanks to my company and my boss…”

 

Dara smirked, “Boss? You hate her till death. Hypocrite.” She murmured. Jiyong sighed, “Yah, cut it off already. Just for once, be happy for her. Or at least, respect this event and her.”

 

“Big thanks for my mom and dad, especially mom who never stop encouraging me. And special thanks to Sanda~rrr….~er… uhm…”

 

“!” Chaerin told herself. She is looking straight at those audiences. People are waiting for her to continue but she can’t. She feels like flying away from earth right now. She barely could feel her feet on the ground. She is so embarrassed. The fans are chanting, waiting for her to continue her speech.

 

Chaerin just couldn’t help it. Of course she forgets. She was used to mentioning Dara’s name everywhere, in the interviews, in the talk shows, in the special thanks section, and of course, in the awards, she never forgot to mention her name. That’s how in love she was.

 

Now they’ve broken up. And she is back on singing after years. Of course she would mention Dara’s name again, it’s just planted onto , her name.

 

Dara is in the most awkward position ever. Some of the VIP guests, mostly musicians are looking at her with those little suspicion smiles. She is blushed.

 

“This is actually entertaining…” Jiyong whispered to Dara. “You can see she still remembers you no matter what.” He continued with a smirk. Dara pushed him away.

 

“Stop it. She just wants to mock me. She says that because she wants to tease me. She obviously wants me to think that she is still into me while she is not. I know her more than well, Jiyong. She is a .”

Dara…Still in denial.

 

Chaerin cleared and replaced the embarrassment with a big friendly smile.

 

“Yeah I wanna say thanks to Sandara, she still takes big part on my project, she is still supporting me and we’re good friends after all. And the last, I want to thanks my new muse, Park Bom. She is here tonight and I want her to know how grateful I am to have her by my side. I love you guys, thanks again for this!” Chaerin raised her trophy one more time and left the stage, follo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter