Welcome to the Family Kwon Soon-yi!

[OneShot] Kwon Soon-yi

Say Hi to Baby Kwon Soon-yi!


“Okay, Wookie-ah. Let’s practice again. What will you do when Mommy is feeling uncomfortable and experiencing some pains? It’s possibly the time for the baby to come and Daddy or any other adult is not around?”

Everyone is so excited. It’s already the month for Chaerin to give birth. Jiyong has been busy preparing the stuff needed for his baby girl. And Wookie has been of really great help to him. He promised he will be a great Oppa.

Unfortunately, even though this is the case, Jiyong still has some work to do in the YG office, especially now that the new girl group is in the midst of their recording for their second album. He couldn’t just leave them because he wrote 3 songs out of the 6 that they will be releasing. And so he and Chaerin decided to teach Wookie what to do when the baby arrives.

“I’ll run to the phone and call you, then wait for you to tell me what to do.” 

Wookie was sitting on the couch beside Jiyong, holding his toy. Jiyong is so proud that Wookie can understand things easily, even if he’s easily distracted. He’s just 5 years old after all.

“Good. So what will you press on the phone to call me?”

Wookie pointed the number 1 then the green call button.

“Okay, what if daddy can’t answer the phone right away?” 

“I’ll call grandma and grandpa. I’ll just press number 2 then the green one.”

“Wow! My buddy is so smart!” Jiyong ruffled his son’s hair and tickled Wookie which earned a high pitch laugh and some more wiggling and squealing. 

“What are you two boys up to?” 

Jiyong immediately stood up from the couch when he saw Chaerin coming. He helped her sit on her new favorite chair as she was having trouble standing up whenever she sits on the couch. 

“Just teaching him what do when the baby comes, Jagiya.” 

“Yes Mommy! Daddy said I’m smart! And now I can help when the baby is ready to come out of your tummy!” Wookie walked towards his Mommy and leaned down to press his ear on her stomach. “Hi baby Suni! When are you coming out? I want to see you already; I’ll be the best Oppa in the whole wide world!” 

“I thought we’re going to call her Soon-yi?” Chaerin looked at Jiyong first then at her son… “then…?”

The two boys just grinned at her. “Suni! That’s her nickname. Like mine, you call me Wookie, but my real name is Kwon Young Wook. Don’t you love her nickname, Mommy? I made that myself!” 

Wookie went back to whispering some cute stuff to his sister while Chaerin could just smile at her son’s excitement. This baby girl will be really spoiled by her Oppa and Appa.

---

Chaerin struggled to remove herself from Jiyong’s tight hold and from getting up from the bed. Throughout her pregnancy the only thing that she hates is when she’s having trouble standing up from sitting or lying down. Seems like little Soon-yi is getting too heavy for Chaerin Omma.

She moved to the other side of the bed to wake Jiyong up because he has to work again today and he has a meeting at 9:30. It’s already 7:30 and knowing Jiyong he’d take all the sleep that he can then take all the time that he can to get ready. She didn’t want him to be late because she wants him to finish all his work already so that he may be able to stay at home with her and they could wait for the baby together.

“Jagiya… wake up…” she got tired waiting for him to move from his sleeping position so she sat down on his side of the bed with his back facing her. 

“Oppa… please wake up…” she shook him a little with her hand.

“Oppa wake up!” 

Still no answer from Jiyong, so she moved on to her second tactic of getting him to wake up. Poking.

“Oppa! *poke. poke*

“Hmmm…I will… hmmmm” 

He’s not even making some movements; he’s just making some sounds to make her think he’s getting up.

“I won’t fall for that anymore! Get up! You have to get ready for work! It’s 7:30 already!” 

“Aish fine!”

But he didn’t get up immediately. With his right hand, he felt around for Chaerin, and when he felt nothing he slowly opened his eyes and when he realized she was.

“Jagiya!?” he said with a slightly panicked tone.

“What? I’m right behind you.”

He turned to look at her and released a sigh, “Did you go to the bathroom without me? Didn’t I tell you to wait for me when you get up from the bed? And you even removed my arm around you! What will we do when you fall down or accidentally slip on something wet or slippery? I told you to always wait for me!”

Ahh… the usual paranoid-yet-excited-Appa-morning-speech.

“Jiyong Appa, please calm down. I haven’t gone to the bathroom yet. I waited for you, knowing that you’ll react like this.” She said with an impatient tone and some eye rolling.

“Aish. I’m sorry Jagiya, for being so paranoid and cautious. But I’m just looking out for you and Soon-yi. I don’t want you to get hurt.”

It was Chaerin’s turn to sigh.

“I know Oppa. And it’s really sweet that you take care of us like this, but just please let me move a little. It’s not like I can’t do things on my own. I know you’re worried but I’m extra careful.”

He sighed again. “I’m sorry if I’m being too much. It’s just that I’m not with you all that time and so I worry a lot.”

He moved towards her and locked his arms around her from the back. 

“Jagiya, don’t get mad at me okay? I just don’t want you to get hurt.”

Chaerin leaned down to him showing that she’s not annoyed anymore. “You’re lucky I love you and I’m already used to your protectiveness. You were also like this when I was pregnant for Wookie. But I guess you’re a little more protective now because we’re having a girl.”

Jiyong tightened his arms around her and let out a chuckle. “I love you too. And about me being protective, if you think I’m protective now, then what will happen when she’s born and grows up to be a beautiful woman just like you? I think I will have a heart attack when she tells me she has a boyfriend!”

“Yah! That’s too much Jingyo!” she lightly slaps his right hand that was resting on her baby bump, “I knew this girl will be having some trouble when it comes to that. She has a very protective Appa!”

“And Oppa!” Wookie shouted from their doorway, “protective means I’ll protect little Suni right? Right Appa?” he said while climbing up on his parents’ bed.

“Yes protective means you protect someone dear to you.” Chaerin played with her son’s hair and pinched his cheeks.

“Oww Mommy! You should not do that to Wookie anymore. I’m an Oppa now! Means I’m a big boy!”

Chaerin continued on playfully pinching his chubby cheeks, “but you’re still Mommy’s little man so I’m allowed to do that.” 

And Wookie just pouted at her.

“Yah…” Jiyong motioned for Wookie to come closer to him, “Little man, you’re late for your job!”

“I’m sorry Daddy! I know I should be here when Mommy wakes up but… but… sleeping is the best in the world!” 

Jiyong just laughed at his little boy and said, “You really are my son, we both love to sleep too much.” 

And another tickling fest began. Chaerin took this chance to slip away from Jiyong’s hold.

When she was half way from the bathroom, “Yah Chaerin-ah! Where are you going?!"

"Just going to the bathroom Oppa! Do I need to tell you when I want to-“

Chaerin stopped midsentence when she felt some pain on her stomach. Luckily she was still near the bed and was able to sit down. She was already scrunching the bed sheet between her fingers because of the feeling of tightening around her stomach. 

“Jagiya are you okay!?” Jiyong immediately stopped playing with Wookie and moved towards Chaerin, he kneeled in front of her and held her hand. “Are you going to labor now? I will just call Hongjun hyung to cancel my meeting! Wookie-yah get my-“ 

Chaerin stopped him by putting a hand on his shoulder, “Oppa, I’m fine. Not yet into labor.” 

“But… but you felt pain! I saw you wince!”

“Remember what the doctor said, it’s normal to have some fake contractions. And it only lasted less than 30 seconds. I counted.”

“I still think I should stay with you today.” 

“No. Finish your job, then you can have the rest of the month free, remember?”

“But-“

“I said no. Come on let’s get ready for the day. Wookie go to your room and fix what you want to wear. But wait for Appa to come help you take a bath okay?”
Wookie just nodded as an answer then left the room to follow his Mommy’s orders. 

“Come on Oppa, I know you won’t let me take a bath alone.” she held out her hand for him and led him to the bathroom.

---

Chaerin felt another contraction when she was getting dressed; luckily Jiyong just left the room to take care of Wookie. She’s not worried at all because she listened to her doctor well and knows that having fake contractions is normal.
She waited for her two boys to go down for breakfast. 

“Wow, my little boy looks so handsome!” 

“Thanks Mommy! Come on let’s eat. Hold my hand Mommy.” 

It wasn’t a secret that this is Wookie’s favorite job, taking care of his Mommy and helping her get to where she wants by holding her hand. Jiyong is really proud of his son for being so mature for his age.

When they got to the dining area, the breakfast was already set. Jiyong hired a maid right after knowing that Chaerin was pregnant for the second time. He didn’t listen to Chaerin when she said she wanted to be a full time wife and mom, and that she didn’t need some help. Jiyong reasoned out that the maid will only help with the house chores. Chaerin only agreed when she lay down her rules and that she’d be the only one to cook dinner for her family. 

“Wookie, eat your bread.” 

Jiyong sat on his usual seat at the end of the table; while Chaerin took care the two boys by helping them eat. Aish, it seems so cheesy and too much that she’s taking care of them like this, but ever since she got pregnant, she was only allowed to do this much for them. 

“Mommy, I want my Nutella. I will get it!” 

But before Wookie can stand, Chaerin stood up, “No Wookie, it’s a little too high up, I don’t think you can reach it. Mommy will get it for you.”

“Thanks Mommy!” 

When Chaerin went to the cupboard to get Wookie’s favorite Nutella, she felt another contraction. She tried to hide it from Jiyong by turning her back to him, but Jiyong noticed how she gripped the kitchen counter.

“Yah Chaerin-ah! Are you having another contraction?” Jiyong stood up from his seat and went to her.

“No.”

“Stop lying to me. It’s the second time already. I’m really getting worried.”

“No… I’m…” Chaerin saw the worry in his face and decided to tell him the truth but it came out too soft… “It’s the third time already…”

“What?” Jiyong now held her hand and just waited for her to answer again.
“It’s the third time already… But I’m okay!”

“THE THIRD TIME!? And you still say you’re okay!” He whipped out his phone and looked for his hyung’s phone number.

“I’m okay! It’s normal!” 

“I know Jagiya, but it’s three times in what… an hour? I think this deserves a meeting with your doctor. Please?” 

Chaerin didn’t answer anymore because she heard the other line of the phone stopped ringing and the familiar voice of her Teddy Oppa.

“Hyung, can we move the meeting in the afternoon? No. No one is sick. But Chaerin’s having contractions. Yah! I know it could be fake! But! Aish I thought you should already know this when Noona was pregnant with Yoon? Aish hyung! No. Just for a check-up. I think about o-“

It was the right timing when Jiyong turned to look at Chaerin again, “Oppa, my water just broke…”

“HYUNG! HYUNG! Cancel everything today! YES. YES! I’M ALREADY TAKING HER TO THE HOSPITAL!!!! MY BABY IS COMIIIING!” 

Jiyong took a few deep breaths to calm his self down. He’s finally having his baby girl!

“Chaerin-ah, do your breathing exercises… Wookie-yah! Call your nanny Kim, we’re taking your Mommy to the hospital.”

“Mommy, is the baby ready to come out!?”

This time it was Chaerin who answered, “Yes little man, we think Baby Suni is ready to meet you.”


---

“Oppa, Oppa... are you coming to help? Please be there… I need to hold your hand…” 

Chaerin was being wheeled towards the operating room, turned out she was indeed ready to have the baby now… 

“Yes Jagiya, I’ll be with you all the way. I’ll hold your hand…” 

It was his smiling face that helped her forget the pain. And the thought that she’ll see her baby soon.

---

“Waaaah! I’m so excited for you guys! Is she pretty?” Dara gushed.

“Of course she is! She’s my baby!” Jiyong answered with a grin. 

“I’m just so happy you had a safe labor Chaerin-ah” Jieun said while she prepared some strawberries for Chaerin.

Everyone in YG Family came to visit her that day. Apparently, Jiyong didn’t have to tell them for a certain hyung was too excited and already shared the news to everyone.

“What time will the baby be sent here?” Bom asked while she fed some fruits to Wookie that was sitting beside her, “Seems like our little Wookie is excited to do his Oppa duties.” 

Wookie just nodded with a smile and a full mouth. 

“She’d be here any minute now.” Jiyong answered.

He wouldn’t leave Chaerin’s side that’s why the other Oppas weren’t there. They were tasked to buy food for everyone.

A knock was then heard in the room, and when the door opened the nurse came in carrying little Suni. She went to the parents and carefully placed the baby on Chaerin’s arms.

“Auntie Bommie! Please help me sit on Mommy’s bed! I want to see Suni!”

“Waaaaah Jiyong-ah, she doesn’t look like you! She looks exactly like Chaerin!” Dara said without thinking.

“I agree! Waaaah Chaerin Unnie! Your genes are daebak!” Minji gave a high five to Dara and Bom. 

Aish these 2ne1 ladies!

And Jiyong just pouted at that, “Suni-yah, are you going to allow them to say that?” he then turned to the two jumping ajhummas, “Yah, I think she has my eyes.”

Bommie moved to look more closely, “No. She has Chaerin’s eye smile!” 

“Aish Jagiya, I’m outnumbered.” Jiyong pouted at Chaerin.

“Don’t worry Oppa, I think she has your nose.” She gave Jiyong a wink and lightly tapped Soon-yi’s nose.

“But she has Chaerin’s pout!” the two ahjummas shouted together!

“YAH! Keep quiet, I can hear you two from outside, you’ll wake up the others!” Seunghyun said when he opened the door bringing the bag of food.

Seungri was the next one to enter the room “Is my niece here already?” 

Followed by Youngbae and Daesung “Does she look like hyung?”

“No. She looks exactly like Chaerin-ah.” Seunghyun answered them.

“See! My husband thinks the same.” Bom pats Seunghyun’s back, “Good job Tabi-ah.”

“Babe, I think we need to make another baby. I want a girl this time too.”

“Noona, he’s just trying to get on your good side, so you would let him do whatever he wants to you.” Jiyong jokingly answered which earned another wink from Seunghyun.

“Yah! Not in front of the children!” Jieun, Chaerin, Dara, Bom and Minji said in unison. 

Another knock was heard and the nurse assigned to them entered.

“Are you ready to name the baby?”

“Yes.” Chaerin answered with her pretty smile and looked up to Jiyong who was now standing beside her bed. “Oppa…?”

“We’ll call her Kwon Soon-yi. Our little baby Suni…”



Welcome to the world, Kwon Soon-yi!






A/N: Got inspired after our Warm Love III.
Dedicated to the unnies and dongsaengs, let's bond again some other time!
Thank you for that awesome Sunday! Let's make Warm Love our ultimate bonding moment again!!! Smile