You did WHAT?

A Perfect Mélodie

 

 

What was going on? You leaned a little closer to the door so that you could hear what they were saying properly, although it didn’t help much as it was just noises, and you still couldn’t make much sense out of what they were talking about.

“Don’t tell her...” What was that supposed to mean? Don’t tell who? And don’t say what? Was there some secret between Niel and Jae-Hwa that you didn’t know about? Did L.Joe know about it?

You pressed yourself up against the wall so as not to make any noise so that they didn’t catch you, but as you did so your phone began ringing.

RING DING DONG DING DING DONG DING DADARING DING DONG DING DING!!!” SHINee began blasting out of your pocket.

Your eyes widened in surprise at the sudden noise, and you began clumsily fumbling around as you tried to get your phone to be quiet before either Niel or Jae-Hwa realised that you had been eavesdropping on their conversation.

It wasn’t often that you took your phone with you, but since you had to go to a show by yourself, and without your manager, you had to take it for safety reasons.

You tried to cancel the call, but as you looked back towards the door to check if Jae-Hwa or Niel had heard you, you realised that it was still open. And that Niel and Jae-Hwa were both now stood in silence staring at your shocked face with a frown.

“Uh... I uh...” You began, not really knowing what excuse you were going to give to them for why you were stood so close to the door. “I was just cleaning the floor.” You blurted, mentally slapping yourself when you realised just how stupid that sounded. “Erm... It’s got dirt on it.”

They both continued to stand there staring at you, their expressions now showing that they thought you were just weird, rather than just the confused ones which they had displayed before.

“Bye Niel.” You smiled, giving him a small wave, before turning and going back into the house.

You went straight into your room, leaving Niel and Jae-Hwa to finish their private conversation alone, and breathing a sigh of relief as you finally sat down on your bed.

It wasn’t long before your phone began to ring again, and you picked it up feeling slightly angry, after all, whoever had been calling you had given you away when you were listening to Niel and Jae-Hwa.

“YOBOSEYO?!?!?!” You yelled down the phone, your eyebrows knitted together.

There was no reply. You were about to repeat yourself, when you heard a scoff from the other end of the line.

“Who is it?” You asked, now a little worried that you had offended someone, you had forgotten to look at the caller ID when you answered it. When they didn’t reply you looked back at your phone and saw that it was L.Joe. “Oh, I’m so sorry Byunghun, I was just a little frustrated, but I’m ok now.” You apologised.

“It’s ok.” You heard L.Joe chuckle a little. “I need to see you.”

This took you by surprise and you sat back a little, your hand coming to your chest and your eyebrows creasing. Why would L.Joe need to see you? You hadn’t spoken to each other in ages, and now he needed to see you? You hadn’t spoken to him since everything that had happened between you and Jae-Hwa, and you were a little worried what he wanted to see you about, was he still angry at you? You couldn’t really tell from the tone of his voice.

Suddenly, you remembered the conversation you had overheard between Niel and Jae-Hwa. ‘Don’t tell her about this...’ Was it something about that he wanted to talk to you about? After all, they had mentioned him...

“Actually... I wanted to speak to you too.”

“Oh, ok.”

“Could we meet tomorrow?” You asked.

“Umm... That soon?” L.Joe began and you began to regret asking in fear that he didn’t want to meet up with you tomorrow. You were about to tell him that if he was busy or didn’t want to, that it didn’t matter and that you could always meet later in the week, but L.Joe beat you to it. “That would be nice.” You didn’t have to be in the same room as him to know he was smiling. You could hear it in his voice. It didn’t seem as though he was still going to be mad at you for what you did to Jae-Hwa. “I didn’t think you were going to agree that easily.” He continued, letting out a small laugh. “I thought I was going to have to plead you to come.”

“Ah, Well, like I said, I have something to talk to you about too, what time shall we meet and where about?”

“We could meet in the park?” L.Joe suggested, and you immediately agreed. “And maybe early in the morning? I wouldn’t want anyone asking where I was going or getting any company.” He laughed.

“That’s fine.” You smiled at your phone. “I’ll see you tomorrow morning at the park.”

“Yeah, see you then.”

With that you hung up and went to the kitchen to get a drink of water before you went to bed.

You slept surprisingly well that evening, as you were excited to find out what Niel and Jae-Hwa had been talking about, and if L.Joe knew something about it, you would have been able to find out, and the next morning you got dressed quickly and quietly, so that you wouldn’t wake the other members, and set off hurriedly to meet L.Joe.

You walked briskly to the park, as even though it was only a few streets away, it was still early morning, and rather cold outside.

The birds were beginning to wake up now, and the sound of them singing in the trees, accompanied by the beautiful, bright, glow of the morning sun made the walk enjoyable and refreshing.

When you arrived at the park, you noticed L.Joe, who was sitting on a swing looking down at his phone which he was holding in his hands.

Byunghun noticed you walking down the pathway towards the swings, and he looked up and gave you a sweet smile. You had missed seeing him smile at you sweetly like that, up until the incident with the ipod you and L.Joe had been good friends, and you had missed being able to talk to him and all of the memories the two of you had made together, even if it was just something as simple as being the last two watching the Lord of the Rings.

Sitting down beside him on the swing you smiled at him and asked him if everything was ok.

“Yeah, it’s fine.” He smiled, looking hesitant to say anything else.

You both sat in silence for a small while, neither of you knowing what to say.

“You know, I heard Niel and Jae-Hwa talking the other day...” You began, being unable to wait much longer for an insight as to what was going on with them. “They were saying things like ‘don’t tell her’ and they mentioned you... But they were stood outside, like they didn’t want anyone to hear them... I was wondering if you knew what it was about.”

“Actually, that’s why I asked you to come here.” L.Joe sighed, running a hand through his messy blonde hair. “You have the right to know about it, and I don’t see why no-one’s told you yet. I mean, I understand, but it’s not really fair...” He went on, clearly nervous about what he was going to say.

“Ok, just say it! If I have the right to know about it, then just tell me!” You laughed.

“Well... You’re going to hate me...” L.Joe licked his lips and narrowed his eyes at the ground in front of him.

“I’m not.” You smiled, still looking at L.Joe.

“I did something really bad Sung Mélodie, you probably will hate me, and I’m really sorry.” He sighed, looking up at you through his tousled hair. You gestured for him to continue.

“Niel was telling me about this ‘Daniel’ boy that you were looking for.” He began, and you raised your eyebrows. Niel had been talking to L.Joe about this? You thought it would have been kept a secret from the other members of Teen Top, as something that was just between you and Niel. “And I realised... that Daniel...” L.Joe puffed out his cheeks and looked back to you, lowering his eyes to the floor again. “He’s Niel... right?” His eyes flew up to meet yours expectantly, and when he said that, you almost fell off the swing.

You opened your mouth to speak and were about to nod when L.Joe interrupted you again.

“But that’s not all.” He leant his head against the chain of the swing and let out a small breath. “You see... I kind of worked that out... and thenkindoftoldJae-HwayoulikedNiel.” He said, as all one word.

You thought that you had heard what he said, but he spoke that fast you couldn’t be too sure.

“You did WHAT?” You cried, trying not to sound too shocked in case you hadn’t heard him right.

“I told Jae-Hwa you liked Niel.” His voice was almost a whisper. You just sat there with your mouth hanging open, too shocked to say anything. “And I think that yesterday, she might have sent a message to Niel, before you started filming the show together, and told him that... the guy, ‘Daniel’ that you had been looking for... well that you’d found him and that it was him...”

Wait. Was L.Joe saying that Niel knew that you liked him?! This must be some kind of joke! Surely they wouldn’t do that! Would they?!