Confession

You Are Loved
Please log in to read the full chapter

Your phone begins to ring. Reaching over in a state of bedlam, you check the time before answering.

"2:47AM?! This better be good."

Your anger diminishes once you see the name on the screen.

Jung Yonghwa.

That boy can call you anytime he wants.

"Hello?" you answer, trying not to sound like you just woke up. It didn't make much of a difference either way, but you didn't want him to think he was bothering you. Because he wasn't.

"Oppa?" you speak again once he doesn't reply.

You can hear his breaths, uneven and unstable. It's as if he's about to collapse. You shoot up instantly.

"Is everything okay?" That's the question everyone would ask even though they knew the answer. He is definitely not okay. 

Words try to form in his mouth, but they seem to get trapped in his throat just as they try to escape.

"Where are you? I'll come get you."

Yonghwa softly replies, "I... I'm here." You could tell he had been crying just before he called.

"Here?" you echo in confusion.

Suddenly you hear a knock on the door. And that's when it clicked.

Jumping out of bed, you throw on a sweater as you sprint to your front door. Have you ever ran this fast before? You open it and on the other side was him, gloom and depression etched onto his face. He can't even look up into your eyes. You pull him by the waist into your arms as you close the door. He instantly wraps his arms around your shoulder in response. You don't say a word and decide to let him tell you when he was ready. The two of you simply stand in your living room, like two statues in a museum. You hold him as he holds you. Time always seemed to stop when you were in each other's arms. If there was anything that was bothering you, this instantly made it go away.

"Would you like me to walk you home?" you ask, gently rubbing his back. You already knew he'd refuse. There's no way he'd let you walk back to your own apartment by yourself.

He shakes his head and pulls out his phone. "Jonghyun. I'm at Yerim's place."

What a gentleman, asking his bandmate to come out and get him so you wouldn't have to worry about getting home safely.

Placing his phone back into his pocket after exchanging a few words with the burning guitarist, he turns to you. He doesn't directly look at you, but you can see that his eyes are filled with both pain and hope.

"Can I stay with you tonight?" he whispers.

You're completely caught off guard. There's no way you saw this coming. Surely he had no inappropriate intentions, but it's still unexpected.

"Of course."

You can tell he's drained from all his crying, so you walk him over to your bedroom and help him onto your bed. You tuck him under your sheets snugly and plant a kiss his forehead. "I'll be on the couch if you need anything," you say while you his hair. You make your way to the door when he suddenly calls your name.

"Yerim."

"Yes?" you respond as you turn around.

"Can you stay here with me?" His eyes remain closed.

Like, in bed?

"Oh, um-"

"I'm sorry. I just... really don't want to be alone right now."

"No, I understand," you tell him. Yonghwa is an innocent man. He'd never try to make you do anything you didn't want to.

You head over to your chair as you see him scoot over to make room for you.

Oh.

You carefully join him on your full-size bed, thanking your lucky stars it wasn't a twin but still regretting not buying a king... or even a queen. There was just enough room that you weren't invading his space although it was still a bit too close. But you weren't going to deny him, especially during his time of need.

Laying on your side, you look at him while he fixates his eyes at the ceiling as if he's trying to find answers in the stars. You watch everything he does: the deep breaths he takes, when he rubs his eyes, his arms fidgeting in and out of the covers. He wants to tell you, but he doesn't know how. So the two of you lay there for what seems like an eternity.

As soon as you start to turn around, he speaks.

"She told me she never wants to see me again."

You stop halfway and glue your eyes onto him.

"According to her, I seemed distracted. She wasn't wrong, though."

"Well, she should have known what she signed up for when she dated a musician," you reassure. "And you're not just a musician, you're an actor, a host, a model, a composer-"

"No wonder she wanted out. I have a million things going on."

In your failed attempt to make him feel better, you accidentally make him feel worse.

"Every celebrity is busy. Some people can handle that, some can't."

"She also told me I was heartless."

Now you wanted to smack that into another dynasty. Yonghwa may have been distracted, but he is in absolutely no way heartless. In fact, he had the biggest heart of anyone you ever knew.

"Why would she-?"

"I told her that we should probably stop seeing each other."

"Ah." And now you can no longer defend him. You're at a loss for words. He'd never tell someone this out of the blue. This guy had a reason for sure. And knowing him, it would be a practical one.

"I knew I didn't love her. I knew it. Whenever I thought about my future, she was never in it. It's not that she's a bad person or anything, and I know she'll find someone else more deserving of her love. But I just couldn't force myself to love her, and this feeling grew once I confirmed that she didn't reciprocate those feelings either."

This just got interesting. You remain as you are while he continues.

"I didn't have the heart to tell her sooner. She'd probably think I was just some rockstar who likes to play with girls until he's bored with them. But I'm really not like that!"

"I know you're not," you softly answer.

"I knew she didn't feel the same way though. And that's when I decided that this needed to stop. I waited for her to dump me to save her reputation, but she never did so. I don't know why she'd torture herself like that."

However, you knew. What girl would be crazy enough to let a man like Jung Yonghwa out of her grasp? She obviously held onto him because of his status.

"Earlier tonight, I finally told her. And that's when she said all those terrible things about me. Terrible, but true."

You're curious about these nasty lies she spat in his face, but you don't want to force it out of him. He cries again, and your heart begins to ache terribly.

"Aw, baby." You fight back your own tears as you see the ones rolling down his cheeks.

Then it hits you that you never called him that before, but it just kind of slipped. You're always extra affectionate anyone when they're in pain, but he wasn't just anyone. Not to you. Seeing him so

Please log in to read the full chapter