Yunho.

Before, During & After Christmas

One day until Christmas

“Goodbye everyone,” I bowed and then waved at all the children as they left for the holidays. I loved working with children, and always dreamed of someday having my own.

I smiled happy as I said goodbye to my work colleagues to head home.

At home, I wasn’t planning anything special but rather some small celebration with myself, the TV set and a Christmas cake. I had a lover but he was currently off on some daring adventure with his coworkers – he had been for months, and I wasn’t allowed to know where. But even with his absence I was determined to have some fun.

I hummed a Christmas song, as I walked to the closest cake shop.

DING-A-LING.

“Good evening Miss,” The owner called out to me, with a smile.

“Good evening,” I replied, giving him a smile.

Wiping his hands on a tea towel, he walked toward me behind the counter, “What would like this lovely Christmas Eve?”

“A cake please,” I said, my eyes wandering over the different types laid out in the display cabinet. “One where I can write a personal message on,”

“Ahh, for a lover?” He grinned,

“Something like that,” I played along, finally standing in front of a Christmas cake, I wanted to look at closer. “Oh, what’s this cake made with?”

“It’s a butter cake, with a fresh fruit topping and whipped cream,” He opened up the cabinet, “Would you like to buy this one?”

“Yes please,” I smiled, reaching for my wallet, “Can you also write a message on the top in red please?”

“Of course,” He pulled out the cake and placed it on a table, “What would you like it to say?”

“Merry Christmas, my dear Yunho,” I replied,

“So it is for a boyfriend,” He mused, as he began to write,

I nodded, and once he was done I asked him how much.

“Hmm, this will probably be the last cake I sell before Christmas, so it’ll be on me.” He smiled, packing up the cake.

“Are you sure?” I asked, with a thankful smile.

“Most definitely,” He began, “But promise me, that you and your boyfriend have a wonderful Christmas,” He placed the cake in a plastic bag on the top on the cabinet.

I gave him the best smile I could muster at that moment, “We shall try, and thank you for the cake,”

I picked up the cake and bowed before leaving the store.

It was only a five-minute walk back to my apartment. I sighed, as I walked up the front stairs and into the elevator, pressing the button.

“I~ don’t want a lot for Christmas,” I sung to myself, as I got elevator and took out my keys. “There is just one thing I need~,”

I continued to sing, as I entered my apartment, “I don’t care about the presents under the Christmas tree,”

Placing my coat, and bag on the table, I continued to walk into the apartment without realizing that there was another person in the room, “I just want you for my own, more than you could ever know,”

As I placed the cake on the table, I didn’t see the man walking up from behind, “Make my wish come true, all I want for Christmas is you~”

“Is you~” A voice harmonized with mine, and I turned around to see the face of the man I missed so much.

“Yunho-oppa~” I smiled widely, and wrapped my arms around his neck, “I missed you,”

“Me too babe,” He chuckled, and returned the hug, by wrapping his arms around my waist, “I hope that song was about me,”

“Maybe,” I teased, “maybe not,”

“I see my baby has gotten cheeky,” He smiled, and tightened his grip around my waist, “Are you saying you’re tired of me?”

“Never,” I leaned into the embrace, “All I want for Christmas is you,”

“And now you have me,”

“Only for now?” I pulled away, raising an eyebrow, “What about tomorrow? Or next week? Or even next year?”

“Well, I’m not entirely sure,” He pretended to think, “I might be a bit busy,”

“Ey!” I hit his chest, “That’s not funny,” I pouted, crossing my arms and turning around.

“I’m kidding,” His arms had once again wrapped around my body, “I love you, and I’ll be here for as long as you want me to,”

“Really?” I asked, leaning into his embrace, “Aren’t you going to go on some adventure for work anymore?”

“No, not for a while,” He replied, and then kissed my head. “But are sure you don’t want me to go away, I always bring you back a present,”

I laughed, “It depends what kind,”

“Well, this time…I hope you’d like it,” He let go and walked over to his bag. He opened up the zip and pulled out a box.

Oh my.

I saw the small size of the box and immediately my heartbeat began to race. “Yunho,” I whispered, as I opened the box. “Oh my…”

In the box stood a beautiful diamond ring. “I love you with all heart, and I don’t want to be apart from you any longer.” He took out the ring, and got down on one knee.

Oh my…

“Will you make me the happiest man on Earth and consent to be my wife?”

I felt tears form in my eyes and I could only nod helplessly as I bent down to be in his arms.

“Yes,” I pulled back after a moment, “I will,”

He only smiled happily and placed the ring on my finger before pulling me in for a kiss.