I'll be Home for Christmas

I'll be Home for Christmas

I suggest you listen to this song as you read it --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igScPXNahf0



 
 
I'll be home for Christmas

You can count on me

Please have snow and mistletoe

And presents under the tree
 
 

 
She stared at the darkened sky as she waited. It has been an hour and she's still standing there, gripping the letter he sent a week ago. A smile was plastered on her face as she watched people holding hands with their lover and families. She took out her phone.
 
8 P.M. 
 
And there's no sign of him anywhere. Her mind wandered to her last phone call with him. He told her how much he misses her and longed to be with her again. And she couldn't reply him when she was choking in tears, listening to his sweet comforting words.
 
The loud honk snapped her back to reality. A train just arrived and she straightened out her coat. She nervously tapped her boots on the concrete floor as she watched people started to come out. She waited and waited, still no sign of him. A soft sigh came out from as she took out her phone and dial his phone. It went straight to mailbox. Worry started to grow in her when she realize it's getting late and he's still not back.
 

 
 
Christmas Eve will find me

Where the love light gleams

I'll be home for Christmas

If only in my dreams
 
 

 
He bit his lips to stop himself from smiling. He kept fumbling with the red velvet box as the train sped off. The wait will be over soon, he nervously thought. He has planned it perfectly, from flowers to public proposal, he has thought about everything and yet he's still nervous. An old woman stared at him with a warm smile.
 
"You must have someone waiting for you in Seoul, young man."
 
He grinned and nodded, taking a seat next to her.
 
"Halmeoni, is this pretty? I bought this for her." he showed her the silver ring to the old lady who chuckled.
 
"It is. She's a lucky woman indeed, young man."
 
He shook his head and a warm smile appeared on his face.
 
"No, i'm the lucky one, Halmeoni. If it weren't for her, i'll probably still alone and sad."
 

 
 
I'll be home, I'll be home

If only in my dreams

I'll be home, I'll be home

If only in my dreams
 
 

 
"Hello? Yunho-ssi? It's me, Nayoung." she called his best friend.
 
"Nayoung? What's up?"
 
"I was wondering if you're with Jaejoong oppa..." she trailed off.
 
"I thought he went back today. He hasn't arrived yet?" Yunho asked her.
 
"No..." she shook her head.
 
"That's weird.  He left like 6 hours ago. He should be there 3 hours ago... Are you sure he hasn't come back? Maybe you didn't see each other and he went back home?" Yunho said.
 
"But i've been waiting here for 6 hours and i didn't see him at all... " Tears formed in her eyes.

"I'll try calling him, okay? He's fine, Nayoung." Yunho tried to calmed her down.
 
"What if something happened to him?"
 
"Nothing will happen. He'll come home soon. Wait a little while, okay?" Yunho said before they end the call, leaving Nayoung alone in the cold winter.
 

 
 
I'm dreamin' tonight

Of a place I love

Even more than I usually do

(Usually do)

And although I know

It's a long road back

I Promise You
 
 

 
He silently cursed when his phone ran out of batteries. A sudden break from the train caused him to jerk backwards, making him hitting his head to the window. Everyone started to panicked when they saw another train is coming at their way. He widened his eyes and looked at the old woman he just talk to.
 
"Halmeoni, follow me." he said, gently pulling her towards the back of the train.
 
She followed him with her watery eyes. It was too crowded with people screaming their heads off. She made a decision. She took off her hand slowly, making him turned around in fear.
 
"halmeoni!"
 
"You go as fast as you can, Young man. I can't walk anymore. I'm tired. But you have your woman waiting. Don't break her heart. Just, survive young man." she smiled and pushed him.
 
Jaejoong looked at her for one last time before he nodded and run. It all happened in a blink of an eye. He can hear the crashing sound between two trains, how he jumped off the train, praying that he could survive. Images of her flashed through his mind and he smiled.
 
"Wait for me, Nayoung." he mumbled before darkness took over him.
 

 
 
I'll be home for Christmas

You can count on me

Please have snow and mistle toe

And presents under the tree
 
 

 
"No..." She whispered when she looked up and saw the news. 
 
She was just about to sit on one of the bench when a headline news caught her attention. There has been a train accident. And what made her paled is the fact that it was the exact train her fiance is supposed to be in. The reporter showed the images of the ruin, much to her shock. It was a disaster. The train was badly damaged and there are barely survivors. 
 
She held her breath as she watched the news showed the name of the people who passed away in the accident.
 
She ran as fast as she can, not caring about her hurting feet or how cold the weather is. All she needs to know is if he's safe or not. She pushed pass through the panicking crowd in front of the hospital where the victims are said to be brought to. She let out a bitter chuckle. Today was supposed to be a happy day, not a tragedy.
 
Her legs gave up on her the moment she arrived in front of a room. She couldn't enter the room. Is he still alive? Is he okay? Millions of thought run inside her head.
 
'I'm begging you, God. Let him be alive. I need him.' she prayed.
 

 
 
Christmas Eve will find me

Where the love light gleams

I'll be home for Christmas

If only in my dreams
 
 

He took a sharp intake of breath as he opened his eyes. He noticed people crowding over him.
 
"OVER HERE! WE GOT A SURVIVOR!" a man shouted.
 
'i'm alive?' he thought when he felt someone picked him up.
 
He grabbed the man's arm and forced himself to talk.
 
"my ring...." He pointed at the small velvet box not far from him.
 
The man smiled and nodded as he took it and gave it to him.
 
"You're lucky, young man."
 
"I know." He grinned and cursed as he felt a pain in his head.
 

 
I'll be home, I'll be home
if only in my dreams
 

 
"Hey, what are you thinking?" A pair of arms wrapped around her waist.
 
She shook her head and smile. 
 
"Just last year's christmas. I thought you won't be home anymore."
 
Flowers have started to bloom and it was a beautiful sight. She looked up and saw the face of the man she's in love with. He grinned and touch her hand.
 
"I promised you i'll be home." He mumbled, his finger grazing over the silver ring that fit perfectly on her finger.
 
"i know." She smiled and gave him a kiss.
 
"I love you." He turned to her and gave her a long sweet kiss.
 
"I love you too, oppa. Happy new year." She smiled.
 
"Happy new year, Mrs. Kim." He grinned.
 


 
2013.01.05. Saturday
by Seoulchae