Everything was fine but he came back

I Hate Love (The Sequel)

 

Everything went well for you and Chunji. Lots of changes happened; you weren’t the old Kim Jin Hyun, 1 year ago. You’ve been socializing enough with other people.

Hanging out more often than before.

Smiling a lot than before.

And, it was all because of Lee Chan hee.

He changed you.

He makes you felt loved and treasured.

He showed you how much he cared for you.

And, you couldn’t ask for more.

After graduating in High school, you and Chunji together with your best friend, Ji Yeon, decided to attend the same university. Chunji took Music and Art as it his dream to become musician someday, you on the other hand who still haven’t decided on what field you wanted, just took a minor courses. And your best friend, Ji Yeon took fashion design, as you have expected since she had been telling you how interested she was in glamorous dresses.

It was already mid of the first semester and things related about school started to get in the way. But you and Chunji promised to always make time to each other. It may looks like possessive but it was just their way of showing that they both cared and wanted their relationship to stay strong.

You promised Chunji to see him after your Friday classes ended. He texted you to meet him in the university gate at 5 o’clock in the afternoon. As the bell rang for dismissal, you smilingly sighed knowing the plan after. After neatly arranging your things in your bag, you happily stride outside the literature room and headed to the other building where Ji Yeon was. You were glad that she had also texted you to meet her after her class. You miss her after not seeing her for a week.

“Must invite her to hang out with us” You noted to yourself, “………hope she’s not busy again though.” but pouted at the thought of not having been hanging out with your best friend. Ji Yeon was busy in making her design for her upcoming project thus making her too busy to hang out.

You smiled to yourself as you saw your best friend in one of the benches in the lobby doing something, probably sketching her design as she was holding a sketch pad and a colored pink pencil. Her hair was tied in a bun style, and her bangs almost covering her eyes. She was wearing a big eye glass like that of a geek but she’s too pretty to be called one. You studied her outfit and indeed she knew very well what pair of clothes she would look best. You smiled again at how pretty your best friend was, wondering why she had been staying single all this time. She was too busy on her sketch pad that she didn’t even notice your presence. You sighed and snatched the pad away from her which made her momentarily wailed in annoyance. Ji yeon was ready to rattle on the intruder but stop midway when she realized who it was.

“JIN HYUN AH!” Ji yeon squealed and hugged you as tight as she could, “I MISS YOU SO MUCH JIN HYUN AH!”

“Psh, that’s why you need to make time for me rather than that sketch pad of yours,” you joked as you hugged her back.

“You know I love you.” Ji Yeon sweetly said as she pulled back and gathered her things from the bench she was sitting earlier, “and I am making time now for you, so where are we going hmmm?” she asked as she slung her bag on her left arm and wrapped his another arm to yours, keeping you closer to her.

“I’m planning to meet Chunji now, so-” you started but cut off by Ji Yeon, “What? You’re planning to make me third wheel again, for like umpteenth times?” She dramatically said. You knew she was just joking.

“Yah! Ji Yeon ah, how many times I told you that you were never a third wheel. It’s not like you’re not friend with Chunji, haish..” you said as you poked her pouting face.

“Still, you’re always dragging me to your dates like the old times. Nah, No no no. You choose, me or him?” Ji Yeon continue to cutely whined as both of you walking towards the gate.

“Stop it, Ji yeon ah. You are coming with us, period.” You sternly said.

“Hu hu, fine drag me in your date and leave me out of place again.” Ji yeon said as she faked a sobbing sound.

“Psh, I think you are in a wrong major, Ji Yeon ah. You should have attended acting department, it will suit you best.” You said chuckling.

“Yeah, I would have but I love fashion design the most.” Ji Yeon nodded. It was true, if it wasn’t because of her passion on the fashion designs she would have choose acting. “Speaking of, aren’t you planning on getting a major course next school year?”

“I am and I’m planning to get psychology. You know because of my past, I think I can relate.” You answered. Unlike before, you hated to hear someone mentioning your past but now you became open minded about it.

“Are you sure about that?” Ji yeon worriedly asked.

“Yeah, I have mentioned this to Mom and she’s okay with it. I had told Chunji too and he did agree.” You nodded and stopped in your track to look for Chunji in the crowd piling out the university gate. After seconds of scanning the crowd, you spotted your handsome boyfriend leaning on the steel gate; hands on his pockets while tapping the top edge of his right shoes in the ground where his gazed was fixed with a bored expression. You smiled as you saw him puffing his slightly chubby cheeks.

“Cute.” You mumbled but loud enough to Ji Yeon to hear.

“Urgh, hearing that from you gives me goose bumps. You’re getting mushy now a days, Jin hyun ah.” Ji Yeon gives you a fake disgusting look.

“You’re just jealous.” You cutely stuck out tongue towards Ji Yeon, “Jealous? Me? You’re kidding right?” Ji yeon snickered.

“Yes, and I am not kidding.” You said batting your long eye lashes, like as if you’re stating a fact.

“Well, FYI Miss Kim Jin Hyun, I AM NOT JEALOUS.” Ji Yeon defended.

“You ARE PARK JI YEON!”

“I’M NOT!”

“YOU ARE!”

Just then, Chunji lifted up his head and saw you and Ji Yeon. From a far, it looks likes you and Ji Yeon were ‘bickering’ something so Chunji decide to interrupt.

“Babe!” Chunji called. Like as if a cue, your head turned to wear the voice came from. Chunji jogged towards your direction, smilingly. You couldn’t help but smile too.

“Hey babe,” Chunji smilingly greeted as he stopped in your side and immediately giving you a peck on the cheek.

“Hey.” You shyly greeted back, a shed of blush started to spread in your face. Ji yeon was giving you a look, like as if you two are too good to be true.

“YOU GUYS.. I DIDN’T KNOW YOU’RE GOING TO BE AS MUSHY AS THIS! I CAN’T EVEN!” Ji Yeon said, still giving you the look of “you-guys-are-so-sweet-and-i-can’t-even”.

“Proven and fact, Park Ji Yeon is jealous! Chunji ah, we should find her a bo-” you said as a matter of fact but Ji yeon interrupted, “don’t even think of it, Jin Hyun ah. Let’s go!” Ji yeon slung both of her arms to yours and Chunji’s and dragged you both out of the school. The couple just shared a knowing look and smile to each other, letting their one and only nagging best friend dragged them along the way.

Like the old times, Ji Yeon was in the center; holding her two best friends in both sides and walking together in the road happily.

“So where are we going in our best friends’ date? Any idea?” Ji Yeon asked, making sure to emphasize the best friends’ date.

“Anything you guys want.” Chunji answered.

“As I expected,” Ji Yeon hissed at Chunji and turned to face you, “Jin Hyun ah?”

“How about we go on an Ice Cream booth first? I’m quite craving for it! It’s been a long time.” Jin Hyun happily suggested, squealing at the thought of the delicious desert.

“Oh my gosh! Me too! Go go seng!” Ji Yeon seconded, hopping like a rabbit at the sound of ice cream.

“Haha, okay!” Chunji said, smiling at the two pretty girls beside him.

After eating Ice cream, Chunji invited the girls on a dinner date which they haven’t done for a quite long time now after they entered college. It was of course the guy’s treat. They mostly talked about their individual experiences in their courses. Ji yeon was happily sharing story about her design of gowns and different kind of dresses and ranting about how much she wanted to make a real one, “ I still have a year for basics then I’ll be able to make it for real after.” Ji yeon chimed, smilingly idiotically imagining the dresses in her mind.

“It’s good, Ji yeon ah!” you cheerfully commented, “make sure to make me a dress after a year now, be reminded for that!” you added, smiling.

“Of course! Not only that but also your wedding gown in the future, I can also make Chunji’s tux-” Ji yeon was unstoppably ranting when you immediately covered .

“Fine, fine. Just stop okay.” You said while patting Ji Yeon’s head like a child to make her stop from saying more.

“Silly,” Ji Yeon chuckled, and playfully poked your cheek, “as far as I observed, you” Ji yeon pointed at your face and then to Chunji, “and Chunji are madly in love with each other. Where do you think this will end up?”

“Don’t be silly too, Ji Yeon ah. You’re not the God to predict something like that, and besides there’s still long way before we get to that point, right Chunji?” You just casually said, you haven’t actually thought about it before so you don’t know what exactly is the right thing to say to avoid the awkward atmosphere, thanks to Ji Yeon.

Chunji just chuckled, didn’t say anything and told the girls to continue their dinner as it is their time to go home.

Full from the delicious meal, Ji Yeon insisted to go home alone for she knew the couple needs some time to be alone.

“But it’s already dark, we should at least send you to the bus stop.” You insisted to your best friend but Ji Yeon just shook her head and started to walk off, waving her right hand smilingly.

“Nah, I knew you guys haven’t been hanging out more often now a days too. You need this kind of time.” Ji Yeon said, cutely winking towards yours and Chunji’s direction, “Have Fun!” She half yelled while waving and finally walk off.

“Tss tss, Ji Yeon, really,” You just ended up chuckling-sighing while watching your best friend’s slim back view skidding through the thick crowd.

“We can never stop her,” Chunji chuckled too. “Let’s go.” He then invited and offered his right hand towards you. Smiling shyly, you reached for his hand and held hands with him. Chunji noted how cute your flushed pink faced was, ‘So cute’

You both walk together hand in hand. You felt how Chunji gradually tightening his hold on your hand like as if saying that he’ll never let you go. You smiled at the thought and looked up to see his face smilingly looking back at you.

Like a Two Love Birds.

“How about we pass through Han River before going home? 10 minutes will do.” Chunji suggested. You loved the idea and eagerly nodded to your sweet boyfriend.

The couple headed to the beautiful hand site of Han River. Your eyes sparkle as you observed the area. It wasn’t your first time since Chunji had been bringing you here but it still amazes you how beautiful the place is. You run to the nearest railing and lean over your body as you stretch your arms towards the river. You close your eyes as the wind hits your pretty pale face. Chunji on the other was watching your bright features; a glint of smile was spreading on his gorgeous face.

‘You’re so beautiful, Jin Hyun ah. Just like this calm beautiful han river.’

You were savoring the feeling of the cold wind when you felt a weight on your shoulders as strong gentle arms are slowly enveloping your neck. Chunji leaned his chain on your right shoulder to level his face to yours, back hugging you.

Your body became stiff for a moment but then realized how comfortable it feels. You reached for his arms and comfortably rested your head on his shoulder frame.

There was no conversation between the couple but the silence seems to speak on behalf of them. Only the sound of the water 'shower' coming out from the side of the bridge. You stayed silent and watched how the water splattered beautifully into the river.

At this very moment, the exchanging of I love yous is not even comparable. It was perfect and the best seconds of their lives.

The world seems to be theirs and only theirs.

 

“Jin Hyun ah,” Chunji finally broke the beautiful silence,

“I love you so much.”

“I love you that it can’t be even described by words.”

“I love you and will always love you till the last breath of my life.”

“And if I’ll be given a second life, I’ll still choose to meet you.”

 “The girl who completes me as a being.”

 

A tear skipped from your eyes, and then followed by batch of tears; flowing like a river. You don’t know what to feel right at that moment.

“I don’t even k-know if I deserved your love but I- r-really thank you for loving me this much, thank you that you revived me from my dark past, thank you for doing all these things with unconditional love.” You were stammering while saying those words, you slightly tilted your head to look up at him in the eyes, “Chan hee, I couldn’t also describe my feelings right now in words. But I just want to tell you that, I do feel the same way, as you do for me.”

And that’s all what Chunji want to hear. He flashed you his heart melting smile before leaning in and kissing you on the forehead.

After a couple of minutes, though as much as he wanted to spend more time with you, Chunji sighed and decided to end the day. He took your hand again and laced his fingers onto yours. He walked you into the Bus stop but there were seem no bus passing by.

“Why don’t take subway train?” Chunji asked.

“Yeah, guess, much better.” You smilingly nodded.

It only took 5 minutes and you both arrived at the subway station. Chunji insisted to accompany you to your house but he’s house is in the opposite direction of yours, so you declined. After a couple of tries of insisting, Chunji sighed and unwillingly nodded.

“Text me immediately when you got home, okay?” Chunji reminded before giving you another good bye kiss on the cheek.

You smilingly nodded.

Chunji patted your head lightly as he smiled at you for the last time and turn his heels; walking off out of the place. You heard the sound of the screeching of train implying that it’s coming into halt.

You took step nearer at the entrance sliding door of the train and waited until it opens. As it did, the new passengers gradually pile up the train, on the other side there were also passengers that dropping off in the station.

Little you didn’t know that one of those passengers was the least person you expected to see. Unfortunately, you were just right next  to the sliding door which made you have clearer view of the outside.

There, you saw someone very familiar and he was also looking at your direction.

Someone that you’ve tried to forget along those years.

Someone who caused your pain.

Someone you thought, you’ve already hated.

You and that someone have the same looks on your faces: surprised and completely astonished at the unexpected encounter.

Still stunned at the situation, that someone didn’t realize that the sliding door had already closed and ready to set off. Slowly, the train started to move. That’s when that someone snapped out and started to walk in pace not leaving the eyes on you. Panicking, he tried to stop the train by banging the door but unfortunately and obviously that wasn’t enough to stop the train. The pace of the train started to get fast. The guy attempted to catch up on the fast train but he’s unlucky enough to make it.

Though you haven’t heard it because of the sound of the train, by just looking at him you were sure that he was calling out your name.

“Jin Hyun ah!!!” “Jin Hyun ah!!!” “Jin Hyun ah!!!”

You on the other hand had to hold to the nearest pole for a support. Your knees suddenly felt weak, you felt like you’re going to break down. Memories of the past started to play one by one in your head like of that scenes in the movie.

“W-what are y-ou doing h-here, Le-Lee Byung H-hun?” you stammered bursting into quite sob.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

/throws confetti/ Wo-ho!!!

FINALLY I HAVE FINISHED THE 1st UPDATE FOR THIS SEQUEL. I AM VERY HAPPY! I really am, coz I’ve been planning for this for quite long time and yes, finally!

How was it guys?

I haven't edited it yet, I'm lazy like that. lol But I will when I have time!

Btw, this will be just a really short story like the 1st IHL 1.

3 to 5 chapters, I think… so yeah :)