1

Hunger

Sungjong slid down the stall door and buried his head in his arms. Why did I eat it? Why did I eat it? Was the mantra that replayed in his head. The door to the bathroom opened and Sungjong froze.


"Jongie?" A voice called out tentatively. 'Damn', Sungjong thought, 'He followed me in here'. He heard footsteps stop right outside his door. "I thought that you weren't going to do that anymore," Taemin asked, a hint of confusion in his voice. Sungjong blew out a frustrated sigh, one that made his bangs flutter.

 "It's not that easy Taemin." He heard Taemin crouch down outside the stall.


"I know it's not Sungjong, but it's just that I - I thought that the doctor was supposed to help."
 

"What help? I'm perfectly fine. I don't need any help." Sungjong said tiredly.


"No you’re not, you need help," Taemin said with conviction. "Being 5'10" and 116 pounds is underweight, Sungjong. It's not healthy. Come on, let's go back outside and forget this; Minho's waiting for us."


Sungjong took a deep, shuddering breath and stood up. He opened the stall door slowly, feeling slightly ashamed. Taemin was there, an extremely worried look on his face. Guilt now accompanied the shame.

 
"Yah," Sungjong said. "Don't frown like that, you'll get ugly lines."


Taemin smiled. "Don't worry about me", he said. "You should worry more about yourself." He took Sungjong's hand and led him back to the amiable atmosphere of the bakery, one that was the complete opposite of his mood.


~

 


Sungjong sat on the bus, looking through the window as nostalgia rolled over him. Today was the last day he'd spend with Taemin and Minho. They were roommates and friends while they were at the Golden Star Modeling Academy. Smiling, he remembered the first time he met them, when I was only 17. Now, they were going to their respective agencies; them to SM Modeling Agency, and Sungjong to Wollim Modeling Agency.

The bus screeched to halt at Sungjong's stop, jarring him from his thoughts. "You'd think the bus driver would've gotten his driver's license by now", Sungjong grumbled under his breath. He got off the bus and looked at the tall looming building in front of him. Woollim Modeling Agency. Sungjong scanned the whole building - it was taller than what he'd expected. As he gripped the handle of the glass door, Sungjong tried not to be nervous. Here we go, he thought.


As Sungjong stepped over the threshold of the building, a blurry mass barreled into him. "Oof", he said, dropping his duffel bag and suitcase. He looked up angrily, ready to give that rude little jack- "Aghh!" Sungjong yelled in agony as someone else barreled into him, this time knocking him off his feet.

 What. The. Hell. Do people have any consideration these days? Sungjong fumed, as he got up slowly.

 He was ready to give these little stuck up a-holes a piece of his bloody mind. They didn't even bother to check the well-being of the person they bulldozed. He looked up and saw a tall handsome guy with shoulder length caramel brown hair. Next to him was a slightly shorter guy, with short dark hair. He was even more handsome than the first.

"Myungsoo-yah," the taller one all but practically yelled. "Why did you take so long? Our other roommate has probably already taken the best room."


"I-" the dark haired one named Myungsoo tried to say, but the tall one cut him off.


"Yah, lady! Why are you taking so long? How long does it take to get a room key" The tall one said, now terrorizing the lady at the front desk.


The frightened lady handed them their key, and they both shot off towards the elevator, bickering all the way. Sungjong made his way limping, thanks to those rude people, to the front desk.


"Hi," he said gently, trying to make up for the guy who was in front of him. "I'm Lee Sungjong."
"Ah, Lee Sungjong." She said nodding and smiling at him. "Welcome to Wollim Modeling Agency. Here's your room key."


Sungjong slowly made his way to the elevator, inspecting his room card. Room 219 was engraved in gold lettering on the front of the card. As he entered the elevator, he had a sudden feeling of apprehension.

What will the roommates think of me? I look like a mess, they'll probably think I'm a pig. I knew I should've exercised before I came here. How will I eat in front of them? Will they give me crap about me eating? His thoughts were interrupted as the elevator dinged, signaling that he was at the second floor.

 He made his way down the hallway and stopped at room 219. Even standing outside the room, he could hear arguing. Ah, Sungjong thought. I was hoping my roommates and I could get along. As soon as he opened the door, the arguing stopped and his two roommates stared at him. Sungjong stared back in surprise.

 

 


Sorry if this chapter , I was tired of staring at it.  Sorry it took so long for an update. :( 

This chapter seems really short, doesn't it? In the future, I'll try to make them longer (hopefully). I'm not too satisfied with this chapter, but please bear with me.

Okay, so tell me your feedback!! Tell me if you like it, hate it, or whatever you want to say!  Feel free to give me tough love and crticism, I'd appreciate it!  Anyways, much thanks to my subscribers for sticking with me, even though I only posted a very short foreword and haven't updated for 2 weeks! Much love goes out to you *throws hearts*