Prince Charming

Study Break
Please log in to read the full chapter

You started at your computer screen for fifteen minutes. Your history essay was almost complete; you just needed thirty-three more words till you reached the minimum requirement. Thirty-three words... it shouldn't be this difficult to wrap up your paper. You wrote the previous 967 words in about an hour. This feat was possible thanks to working consistently and not taking any breaks. If you stopped now, you were sure you wouldn't be able to continue.

Frustrated and annoyed, you heatbutted your desk in a desperate attempt to get your juices flowing. That was what you hated most about essays: you either wrote too little and couldn't add more, or you wrote too much and weren't sure what should be taken out. You continued to abuse yourself until you heard someone strumming a guitar from outside your window. A deep, sweet, and familiar voice followed.

"Yonghwa?" you asked yourself before getting up. You scurried to the window and looked down.

Bingo.

He was such a lovely sight to see, and he looked even lovelier after a long battle with your laptop. The weather outside was rather windy. He was bundled up in a very puffy jacket, a muffler, and the same gray jeans you accidentally spilled your coffee on the week before. Luckily for him, you had picked up his iced americano addiction and his thighs only suffered a mild chill rather than a painful burn.

"It's freezing! What are you doing out there?" you called out to him. Of course you were grateful for his wonderful surprise, though you also couldn't help but worry about his health. Being such a romantic could take a toll on his precious vocals.

Normally the wind would've made his hair fly everywhere, but ever since you told him you liked it more when he showed his forehead, he's been doing just that for the past month. The bottles of hair gel in his bathroom trashcan soon began to pile up.

"Rescuing my princess! You've been trapped in your dungeon all day. Let's get some ice cream!"

A smile began to tug at the corners of your lips. Eating ice cream in the cold was a habit he picked up from you. The offer was tempting, but you still needed to finish your paper.

"I still have a bit more

Please log in to read the full chapter