Good Girl

Touch of Fear
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Ara rushed through the corridor, not finding Hyejin, and ended up in the third floor. Just as she walked past a group of girls, something caught her attention: they were talking about the birthday party. She slowed down her pace and listened precisely.

 

“Are you going to the party?” The girl on the left asked. The other one shook her head wildly. “What? No. Never!” She squeaked. “Sunbae's parties are known for one thing: you come back and will regret doing something. I still remember last year … I had fun, but then I woke up in one bed with a first-year boy, whose name I didn’t even know. I don’t know what I did, and I don’t wanna know it,” she slowly said, cringing at the memory.

 

Ara's eyes widened.

 

Another girl threw in, “Yeah, you go there, get drunk, do some and come back. I don’t wanna have weird photos on Cyworld the next day …” Ara didn’t catch the rest of her sentence since she already rushed past the girls. At the sudden 'woosh' the girls turned around and confusedly stared into mid-air. Shrugging, they continued with their chatter.

 

Not even minutes later Ara found Hyejin standing in front of the last door of the third floor, together with Kai, giggling happily. She took a deep breath and rushed to her sister, grabbing the latter by her arm. Hyejin flinched, and a small gasp escaped her lips. With a jolt, she was turned around, and was met with a pair of furious eyes.

 

“Unnie?” She quietly asked, gnawing on her lower lip. Ara shot her a glare as answer. “You didn’t give me any details about the birthday party.”

 

Hyejin gulped nervously and glanced back at Kai, who raised his eyebrow at the scene of Hyejin squirming into Ara's grip before he stepped in and grabbed Ara's arm. “You're hurting her –”

 

Ara shot him a glare. “Stay out of this. This is a family problem,” she hissed and shook off his hand. Dragging Hyejin with her, she walked into the restroom of this level.

 

“I know what that senior's parties are known for. Hyejin, you’re not going there,” she said firmly. Hyejin's face fell. “What?!”

 

“But you already agreed, Unnie!” She complained with a pout.

 

Ara flicked her tongue, annoyed. “That was when you told me it was just a birthday party.”

 

“But it is!”

 

“This is not just a birthday party! You go there, get drunk and whatnot!”

 

“As if I would do that, Unnie!” Hyejin shook her sister's hand off. “You know me, Unnie. I'm a good girl,” she said, rubbing her wrist. Ara rubbed her face in an annoyed manner. “Hye, it's not about you being a good girl or not. You don’t know what may happen.”

 

“Unnie, nothing will happen. I know how to take care of myself.”

 

“You don’t,” Ara whispered. Hyejin drew in a sharp breath before shrieking, “Unnie, you don’t have trust in me at all!” The younger girl stormed out of the restroom. Ara groaned lightly as she watched her sister slam the door shut. Why the hell was Hyejin so much trouble? She hated her little sister when she was behaving like this.

 

All of a sudden, pain shot through her head, and she had to grab the sink to get her balance again. She the faucet and let the cold water run over her hands. Splashing some water on her face, she made a face. Why, out of all things, did the headache have to come now. As if she didn’t have enough things to deal with.

 

Slowly, she trotted out of the restroom. She didn’t even notice that a few boys from inside the classroom were curiously watching her through the window in the wall.

 

 

“What do you think happened?” Baekhyun asked, his head propped up on his hands. Sehun, who sat next to him, turned his head lightly, barely catching Ara walking away until she was already out of his sight. He his lips. “Huh?”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter