Nostalgia

Touch of Fear
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ara still couldn’t believe it. The fact that Luhan was the Oppa she had always played with changed her perception of the male so, so much. Despite being only able to recall blurry scenes, she remembered the nice feeling of back then perfectly. There weren't any details she could make out – she couldn’t even remember a whole day –, but the little things, such as him buying her ice-cream or pushing the swing, seemed to be etched into her mind. 

 

It was a wonderful time. The happiest memory Ara had. When things had still been all right. Somehow, the short amount of time she spent talking with Luhan seemed to bring her back to that time. Maybe not completely, but there was this light feeling that flowed inside her. Carefreeness. It made her feel a little more like a child. A little more like the eighteen-year-old girl she was. It was a nice feeling, definitely.

 

When the students arrived at the wooden hut and were allowed to take a rest, Ara found herself looking out for Luhan. A part of her wanted to talk to him more. Wanted to ask him about the details of certain memories, of which she only remembered blurriness. As she spotted him, she realized, he was surrounded by a mass of females, and she decided not to go to him first. Ara didn’t like to have too many people around her at once.

 

Since she had nothing to do, she let her gaze wander around the students, who were mostly eating, drinking and chatting. The grip around her water bottle tightened when her gaze fell upon two particular people. Sehun and Miyoung.

 

Creating a strong contrast to the light feeling she had when she was with Luhan, the heaviness of the jealousy that hit her made the girl utterly uncomfortable. No matter how much she wanted to stay rational and pretend not to care, in reality, her whole being loathed the sight of Miyoung and Sehun together. Loathed the sight of Sehun stealing glances at the other girl, as though she was going to collapse if he didn’t look at her. Loathed how Miyoung constantly had her arms wrapped around Sehun's.

 

Ara's eyes widened mildly when she saw the girl stumble a bit as she walked down the stairs of the wooden hut. However, her gaze was focused on the male next to the girl, who immediately reached out and supported her. She stared at the way his arm laid on her shoulder, unable to tear her gaze away.

 

There was this desire of wanting have his strong arms around her shoulder. This desire to feel his gentle touch.

 

The memory of the hug they shared almost three months ago when he'd been sick rushed through Ara. She wanted to feel it again. And she didn’t want to stand so far away from him while he held another girl protectively. It made her feel … strange. It wasn’t the loneliness she felt when he had been abroad; it was worse. The fact that he was here and yet somehow so far, made Ara feel as if all this was a bad joke.

 

Not wanting to look at the two for another second, she turned away a tad too quickly. Unexpectedly, she was met with Luhan's smile. He was still standing between many female students, but as he was taller than all of them, he had free sight above their heads, thus being able to look at Ara.

 

She bowed her head a little, not exactly knowing how to answer. The male chuckled at her action and the next second, she could see him make his way to her. He excused himself from all the girls and swiftly walked to Ara, motioning her to follow him, as he walked round the corner of the wooden hut.

 

The girl, slightly confused, followed him, trying not to catch all too much attention. As the other students were out of sight, she turned around and was faced with Luhan standing quite close to her. The sudden proximity surprised Ara and she blinked at the male with wide eyes.

 

A chuckle slipped from Luhan's lips. “Sorry, didn’t want to startle you.”

 

“Ah, it's okay,” Ara mumbled, lowering her head to avoid his gaze, as she felt a tad embarrassed as to how easily she'd been startled.

 

“I wanted to be alone with you because I wanted to ask you what you still remember,” he softly said, a grin tugging at his lips.

 

The girl couldn’t help but smile back a little as his cheerful aura had such an effect on her. “I remember quite a lot, but only roughly. So I'd like to ask you about some details or something…” she mumbled, not knowing how to phrase her request, and looking to the side.

 

The sound of a melodic laughter made Ara look up. “I'll gladly tell you stories from back then.” Luhan grinned at her.

 

“I have a blurry image of you falling from the swing. Did that really happen?” Ara asked almost right away. It was a memory, of which she had always wondered if it wasn’t just her imagination.

 

Amused, Luhan replied, “Yeah, that really happened. And the reason I fell is because you to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter