Choose Me.

YunBoA: Friendship and Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

‘I can’t believe you’ll be talking about him in today’s taping,’ Yunho hissed through gritted teeth, drumming his fingers against the table. Totally consumed by his own fury, he forgot about the glass of wine he was drinking just a while ago.

It was just after their recording. Yeon Hee and Ara promised to free their schedule so all three of them could accompany BoA after the show. Unfortunately, the two suddenly couldn’t commit to their previous engagement and left almost immediately after. Not that he’s complaining because he wanted to have a word with BoA anyway. Alone if possible.

‘I didn’t know what else I should be talking about during the show. I thought mentioning him was interesting enough to spark the audience’s attention, no?’

Yunho glared at her.

If she knew Yunho would be there, she never would have chosen to disclose that information during the recording. Especially that it’s just the two of them now, left alone, drinking wine at their favorite bar. It was so awkward. And she’s not exactly in the mood to hear his nagging.

When she was dating, she told Yunho and Jaejoong practically everything. Yunho was more attentive, though. He coached her a lot, too. He has always been so kind to her, guiding her and responsive whenever she had any emotional outbursts that needed attention. They didn’t meet often, even in Japan, but he wouldn’t let his presence be missed. Even if he, himself, has been consumed by controversies and stress over the past two years, he never made BoA feel that she’s an added burden.

‘I never really told you about this but I hated that guy.’

BoA laughed heartily. ‘You don’t have to, I already know.’ Smiling, she took another sip of her wine. It was sweet and calming. She felt Yunho’s eyes bore on her but she dared not look at him across the table. She didn’t want to see his annoyed face as he starts scolding her again.

She matured faster than any of her other friends but around him, she just wanted to be a spoiled brat and cave in to her childish side.

Having a dependable friend like Yunho gave her the confidence to just relax and not think about being rational or adult-like. That was too exhausting..

‘Well, I’m glad you know. He’s a bad person who just wants to rub off of your popularity. What a low life.’

BoA closed her eyes and remembered the past. It wasn’t a pleasant memory. To find out that there was no sincerity in their relationship was probably the most painful feeling she ever had to endure. Like what Yunho said, that person didn’t want her as a woman but a popular icon that could possibly boost his own status in the society.. It was a horrible experience. The emotional investment that guy trashed so easily…

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter