Never falling again

Never falling again

 

 
“ Jess, Jay,” I saw Key’s hand waving at us, smiling happily. I ran to where he’s standing, and hugged him tightly. 
“I miss you sooo much!” I jammed him hard.
“Ugh-elgh, let go…go…of m…mee,” Key chocked. 
“Sorry, sorry. I’m just so happy to see my two best friends,” I hooked my arms into Jay’s and Key’s.
“All right, kiddos, let’s go,” Jay said, messing up my hair.
We happily walked into the classroom full of students from J.V. Academy. Everyone looked surprised to see Jay and Key, since, of course, they’re the two handsome guys at our school.  Sometimes, I wonder what people see when they look at Key. I mean seriously, who’d name their kid, Key? And Jay, he’s a serious trouble maker. 
After the bell rang, everyone rushed out the door, like there’s a tornado coming our way, but instead of screaming and yelling, they’re laughing and talking. Even though everyone left, the two handsome guys stayed behind to wait for me. 
The next day at school , Key surprised me with a necklace for my birthday. And so did Jay, but instead he gave me a pair of earrings that matched the necklace. After school, we decided to go out for a party celebrating my birthday. We ended up going to Lucky Star, one of my favorite places. We sang, laughed, and told jokes. Jay ended up going home early, and left Key and I at the restaurant. A few moments later, we both decided to go home. Key offered to take me home, since it was late.
He carried me halfway, and walked halfway. He whined about my weight, and I teased about his weight. We had good times together, but for a sudden, Key stopped making me stop too.
“What’s wrong?” I asked him looking straight at his eyes.
“Jess,” he held my hands up, and looked me in the eyes. “ I really, really like you.”
“I love you too, Key,” I said smiling.
“No, I mean, I really love you, and…and I want you to be my girl,” Key explained.
 
“We, Jess, Jay, and Key, swear to be siblings forever and always together.” We swore under the bright sunlight in the park. Our knees on the ground, hands up in the air. 
 
The next day at school, I didn’t see Key at his usual spot. I ignored his disappearance, and made my way into the classroom. I spotted Jay in his seat, and walked over. 
“Have you seen Key?” I asked him. He shook his head, and looked up at me. 
“Hey, Jess? You free tonight?” He didn’t wait for me answer and said, “Meet me at the park 7 sharp.” 
I stood by the swings we used to swing on, and waited for Jay. He said he’ll be here at 7, but it’s 10 after 7. I waited and waited. A few minutes later he popped out of nowhere and scared the heck out of me. 
“Boo!” He screamed.
“Don’t ever do that,” I yelled. “What do you need?”
“Nothing, just wanted to hang around,” he answered.
“What?! You called me out here for nothing?” I yelled.
“Calm down,” he laughed. “ I have to show you something.”
“Hurry then!” 
He stood up from the swing, and stand in front of me. He quickly pressed his lips against mine. I jumped in shock. Eyes wide open. Lips pressing against his. I instantly pushed him away. 
“You-,” I stuttered. 
“I can’t believe you guys,” Key’s voice came out of nowhere and cried.
“No, Key!” I cried running for him. Jay grabbed my hand and shook his head.
A few weeks later, Key disappeared from school. I tried to contact his parents, and him but no answer. I walked over to Jay’s locker, and wondered if he seen Key, but nothing. While Jay was putting up his stuff, a note fell down. 
Stay away from her
Key
I gasped and dropped the note on the floor. The letters on the note stuck in my head for a while. That night, I couldn’t eat, or sleep. I the TV, and listened to the news. 
“Tonight’s News! A boy found killed at a near by park on Wayne Street.” 
After seeing Jay on the news, I dropped my mouth opened. I quickly grabbed my jacket, and ran to the park as fast as I could. When I got there police cars were everywhere. 
A few weeks later, I watched the news everyday waiting for the murderer to show up. 
“Updated news on a local murder. A boy named Key Hyun, turned himself in, after killing a boy named, Jay Park.”
I didn’t know what to say, but to cry.
I walked over to Jay’s tombstone, placing a banquet of flower. And touched his picture. He’s a beauty. After 5 years, everything isn’t the same anymore, after Key went away, and Jay died. I wiped my tears and bowed my head. When I turned around, a familiar face nodded and smiled at me. Key. I gasped. I looked at him, mesmerizing. Tears rolling down my eyes and all I could do is walk pass him.