Spring Secret : Aberration

Spring Secret

 

 

 

Spring Secret

 

 

 "My love, your love, our love; spring's blessing. Nothing was false. It was real."

 

 

 

 

 

 

------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 Spring has come, the weather of a new beginning, it was a fine season of the blooming days to come. Trees and flowers had sprout with their beauty, uncovering their previous life hidden in the coldness brought by winter. Spring, a definite day to go out for a walk, lay back or even play games. It was indeed a time to do many things and produce great things; unforgettable and memorable.

 

 "Where are you going, Yoona?" A young girl with a long black silky hair asked. She held on the hand of a woman chatting with another, it seemed to be her mother.

 "Just somewhere.." Yoona was the name of the younger child she asked. Yoona had a short black hair, she portrayed a bright smile to her friend. "Wanna come, Yuri?" Yoona reached out a hand to her friend who seemed concerned.

 "Mommy will be mad. I'll stay here.." Said Yuri as she smiled back and holding her mother's hand tight. Yuri was indeed a little girl who adheres everything her parents ask her.

 "Okay then!" Yoona on the other hand was a carefree kid, it was a nature of a child but Yoona's parents were always busy with their work, so Yoona grew up without the complete guidance making Yoona grow independent and less careful.

 

 Yoona ran around the park, the park was located near their apartment so Yoona would play with her friends at Sundays. She ran around, through the park, the play ground until she ended up in an unknown place. Yoona looked around; it seems that she ended up running to a nearby river. There weren't many people around, just cars or bikes passing by. Yoona walked pass the bridge but she remembered she might get lost, she looked back she can still see their apartment building. She feared no more as she saw it, she continued venturing.

 As she crossed the bridge, she found a park of cherry blossom trees, blooming and sprouting its marvelous pink leaves. She looked around and she found someone sitting underneath one of the trees. It was another girl wearing a white short dress, around her age and it seems as if she was sleeping.

 Yoona approached the girl, carefully scanning the girl's face. She wasn't familiar, Yoona doesn't know this person, she had not seen her in the park or the play grounds neither their school.

 "Hi.." Yoona tried to wake the girl up. She slowly opened her eyes, seeing Yoona beside her waving. "I'm Yoona! Nice to meet you!" Yoona smiled brightly but as a young girl, she doesn't know her actions can scare the other. The other girl did got a bit scared, puzzled by Yoona's presence beside her.

 "This is a nice spot! Can I sit beside you?" Again Yoona asked, cheerfully as she always had been. The girl beside her didn't react, she just layed back on the tree's trunk.

 "So what's your name?" Yoona asked.

 "Seohyun, I'm a guardian." She replied, Yoona quickly reacted at her description.

 "Guardian? What do you guard?" In such excitement, Yoona stood up. Seohyun still remained calm, comfortable on her seat.

 "Nothing. I'm still young.." Seohyun replied. 

 "Why don't you guard me instead?" Yoona smiled, happily reaching out a hand to Seohyun. Seohyun just looked at Yoona. "But I don't have a name yet.." Seohyun took Yoona's hand; she stood up and smiled at Yoona.

 "A name? It's Seohyun right?" Yoona didn't understand this request.

 "It is. But I mean what guardians are to guard.." Yoona shook Seohyun's hand up and down. Enthusiastically, she caught a falling pink petal. She handed it to Seohyun and Seohyun looked at it curiously.

 "Yoona's guardian.. It's cute!" Yoona smiled. Seohyun didn't understand Yoona's words but she smiled back. "Cherry blossoms are spring's treasure.." Seohyun said and as then the wind blew hard, causing the petals to fall over them both. Yoona closed her eyes, protecting her sight from dust.

 "To be guarded.. With care and love."

 But as she opened her eyes to look back at her new found friend, Seohyun was gone.

 "Seohyun?"

 

 

 

 "Yoona!"

 

 Spring, spring has come. A new semester for students, another semester of school. To study and strive to graduate, spring was another start. With how nature blooms, so were new hopes and failed dreams. Yoona was one of those dreamers of this spring time; she was a fourth year college student. For this spring, she promised to work harder, this was her final semester. It was close, Yoona will graduate.

 "Yea, Yuri?" She looked back to her friend shouting and calling her name from the hallways of their dormitory.

 "Can I borrow your notes on the logics? Mines incomplete.." Yuri pleaded, Yoona laughed at her friend though. "No way! After that set up yesterday?" Still laughing Yoona turned her back on Yuri, but Yuri continued to ask for Yoona's help. She needed this help badly or another year will be added to her years of studying.

 "Okay, sorry about that! But he really likes you and he seemed sincere so I thought.. But come on Yoona were best friends!" Yuri pleaded more, Yoona stopped on her feet taking a deep breath.

 "I already told you-"

 "You have someone in mind I know, I know Yoona.." Yuri knew her best friend very well. She knew what Yoona will argue at her but Yuri was only trying to lead her best friend to good.

 "You knew it yet you still set me up on that date.." Yoona crossed her arms. She was disappointed at Yuri.

 "Oh come on, that person will never show up again Yoona.. You can't be alone forever." Yuri wrapped an arm around Yoona's shoulders, seeming like she was comforting her friend.

 "Yuri, I won't be alone forever. I don't plan to.. But I don't want a relationship now.. Just not until she's on my mind." Yoona belted stress with a long sigh. "It's impossible to see her again is it?" Yoona asked, she was slowly losing hope.

 Yuri nod her head. "Took you long to think so, took you 12 years, Yoona."

 They both walked to the dorm's windows, Yuri opened one so the breeze will come inside. It was a calm gust of wind, it was indeed refreshing. "I still remember you running to me telling me you met a guardian.." Yuri chuckled a bit. Yoona did the same, rubbing her head.  "Well we were kids. Maybe she thought she was a guardian.. I mean I've always pretended to be a superhero." Yoona said looking outside to the clear morning skies.

 "And I pretended to be a pilot of a giant robot!" Yuri said and they both laughed, memories of their childhood flashed them both. Precious days that made them realize how genuine and true their friendship was. Yuri stopped laughing to look at Yoona seriously. "But my point is she's long gone Yoona. It’s been years, that day you saw her you never saw her again not once, not even her shadow." Yuri was very concerned. She was always worried about Yoona's wellbeing.

 "But Yuri.. I just.. Wanna see her again. Talk to her.. Tell her I'm interested in her. I wanna be her friend like before.." Yoona expressed slight loneliness. She wanted to see Seohyun again but as the years passed and she kept on coming back to the same park yet she never saw Seohyun. Yuri's words were indeed true, it’s been so long and Seohyun was long lost. It probably was time to move on, as Yoona thought.

 "Well tell you what; I have a classmate who's very beautiful, smart and talented. Maybe better than your guardian friend. I'll introduce you to her.. Okay?" Yuri tapped Yoona's shoulder and Yoona didn't smile nor look at Yuri.

 "No thanks, maybe next time." Yoona sighed. She walked back towards their room and Yuri followed. "Well next time then! Her name is Tiff-" But before Yuri can speak, Yoona gave her notebook to Yuri. "No thanks Yuri! Now can I leave now?" Yoona smiled with a toothy grin. Yuri took the notebook and sat to her bed. 

 "Okay whatever, just so you know I'll be having Jessica as a girlfriend soon. So prepare to be annoyed being single!" Yuri teased as Yoona left their room. Yoona ignored her best friend and grabbed her jacket, walking outside their dormitory. She needed to move on indeed but before she starts her new spring without dreaming for Seohyun's existence once again, she wanted to take one last chance. She had always wanted to see Seohyun again. There was something in her that made Yoona remember her ever since, somehow Yoona feels like an unseen rope is tied between them both. But the rope which ties them never leads them to one another. Maybe Seohyun was just a childhood memory, maybe Seohyun was just another friend that she needed to bid goodbye and maybe Seohyun was one of the people where you have to meet once, and never again. But Yoona felt different about Seohyun, she cannot let her pass by, forget or erase. Seohyun will always be in her heart, her head, her memory.

 

 Just to say good bye.. Yoona mentally thought.

 Yoona took a cab to go to the one place which made spring for her, unforgettable. Yoona got off the cab and she saw their old apartment building, her memories of their old days flashed. Yoona's parents got divorced and Yoona was left with her mother but as she got to college she never heard any news on her father. Yoona didn't blame the reason of her parents of why they both got separated, she knew inside it was probably the best. Having no time for each other, busy and tired, there was no more love. The feelings grew distant and sooner did one another. For Yoona, it wasn't a good memory to hold. She was fine with the separation, she was very mature for her age but she was partly broken like how her family was, up until now. She just hopes her parents are happy.

 Yoona walked pass the playgrounds where she met her friends, where she met Yuri. She was thankful that through the years, Yuri was there to be her friend. Yuri changed a lot, she got more expressive and carefree all because of Yoonas influence that is. But Yoona was also more responsible and understanding because of Yuri, they had lived with each other’s help, support and love. Yoona deeply thanks Yuri for this friendship. She hopes Jessica will take care of her best friend for Yuri loves Jessica dearly.

 She walked pass the forest and got to the river. It was preserved and kept same. She remembered this was the very place where she would run to when she's in a pile of sadness, the river was calm. It makes Yoona calm as well, thinking clearly on how she would solve her problems.

 She took a step to the bridge, looking at the cherry blossom park. It was still there.

 She went to the place where she met Seohyun, she remembers it clearly. There were three rocks beside its root and it was Yoona's sign. She sat underneath the tree, looking up to its pink leaves.

 "Seohyun-ah, will I ever see you again?"

 It slipped through , Seohyun was someone she had always wanted to see again. And though she was near to being an illusion, Yoona knows she was real.

 Yoona closed her eyes, enjoying the peace and tranquility around. This would be the last time. Seohyun might be somewhere far, near or not; but Yoona hopes she's alright.

 "Goodbye, my friend.." Yoona dusted the dirt around her, standing up and ready to take her leave. She walked back to the bridge, she had a slight pain in deciding to let the idea of Seohyun be gone but Yoona needs to go, her mind has scolded her enough for it.

 In the middle of the bridge, she took a pause. She looked back to the cherry blossom park, a short glimpse and looked back to her track.

 "Wait.." She said. She quickly turned back and to look at the place. Her heart pounced, beating so fast as Yoona tried to rub her eyes. It was a young lady dressed in a uniform. She looked like Seohyun, the girl she met once. Could she be? Yoona asked. She then hurriedly ran towards the girl who sat down 'her' tree.

 Yoona lose her pace when she remembered she looked like a child who saw her favorite mascot, Yoona kept it cool, calming down. She approached the young lady sitting underneath her tree.

 

 She cleared .

 "Uhhm.. Hi!" Yoona greeted. The young lady opened her eyes slowly. She looked up to the person in front of her, she gave Yoona a smile. "I'm guessing you find my spot very good and you wanna take a seat beside me?" She said. Immediately, Yoona chuckled. Her heart was beating so fast, she finally saw her again. Yoona sat down besides Seohyun.

 "How are you? Long time no see!" Yoona started the conversation, she cannot act tense now, no not when she had finally got the chance to talk to Seohyun. Like before, Seohyun laid back on the trunk of the tree.

 "Same old. How about Yoona?" Yoona's heart skipped a beat, she was glad Seohyun remembers her name like she never forgotten Seohyuns.

 "Fine. So I guess, Seohyun's rich and a genius then.. Studying at East University." Yoona saw Seohyun's uniform, the patch of the East University was there. A private school for the fortunate with money and brains.

 "Oh this? Not really.." Seohyun smiled, denying what Yoona had speculated earlier. Yoona on the other hand was focused on Seohyun's face. She was indeed taken aback, she never expected Seohyun to be beautiful. It made Yoona chuckle a bit.

 "Do you.. Have classes today?" Yoona asked. Seohyun shook her head. Yoona cannot let this chance get away, she needed this for too long.

 "Can we.. Grab some lunch? Or coffee? M-my treat!" Yoona asked, though she seemed calm. Yoona was so anxious and nervous on the inside, but she needed to be strong. It took a moment before Seohyun's reply came out, so Yoona mentally stressed nervousness inside her. She seemed too confident. She seemed too desperate. She hoped Seohyun wouldn't think negative, but she hoped badly for Seohyun to say yes.

 

 "Okay.." Seohyun smiled.

 "R-really? Good then! Okay okay!" Yoona stood up and lent a hand for Seohyun to hold.

 As they walked around and tried to find a cafe, the walk was silent. Seohyun appeared to be quiet as Yoona expected but Yoona was the opposite and she hoped Seohyun would be fine with her small confidence.

 "I guess some sandwiches and coffee is right?" Yoona saw the rather right place and she led Seohyun there. She opened the door for Seohyun, quickly she looked around for a two seated table. She found one near the window, she asked Seohyun to sit back and wait while she orders.

 

 "Good morning maam! Can I take your order?" The personnel on the register asked. Yoona looked up to the menu.

 "Two, club houses and uh.. Two cappuccino." Yoona forgot to ask Seohyun's preferable flavor of coffee so she thought the most popular was the choice.

 "Will that be take out or dine-in?" Asked the cash register.

 "Dine-in." The crew started to put Yoonas order on their tray.

 "Well enjoy your food maam!" One of the crew smiled, Yoona smiled back and walked back to Seohyun with their foods.

 

 "So.." Yoona was quite nervous. She doesn't know Seohyun that well, but she wanted to know more. Seohyun was attractive, Yoona find her to be a very interesting person. For years, she waited for this day. "How are you these past years?"

 "Oh I told you, same old." Seohyun replied, just looking down to the clubhouse sandwich Yoona bought for her. "I kinda forgot to ask what you wanted to eat so.. I got you the same thing I got." Yoona explained, she got more tensed.

 "It's okay. Thank you, Yoona." Seohyun grabbed the sandwich and had a bite. Yoona smiled, assured Seohyun was fine with her decision.

 "What course are you taking, Yoona?" Seohyun asked, catching Yoona off guard while eating her sandwich.

 "Oh uh, architecture.. You?" Yoona quickly grabbed a tissue to wipe her lips.

 "Guardian mastery?" Seohyun chuckled at her answer. Yoona did the same. "Still with the guardian thing?"

 "I'm taking up an Education, History major." Seohyun replied while stirring her cappuccino.

 "So uhm.. Where do you live? I kinda came around the cherry blossom park these years and I didn't see you." Yoona carefully picked her words. She wanted to know more about Seohyun but she cannot ask too much, she might look like a stalker. But indeed she would always come by the park just for a hope to see Seohyun.

 "We moved. The next day I met you.. Just recently we moved near the park again. So I came by today.." Seohyun explained, she seemed cool and composed. Yoona on the other hand was careful yet nervous.

 "Then.. Its coincidence that we met again." Yoona said but Seohyun disagreed.

 "Probably destiny." Seohyun corrected.

 Yoona took a sip of her cappuccino. Thinking of more questions to ask, she doesn't want it to end. She wanted to be with Seohyun more now that Seohyun's here.

 "I'm glad we met again. Can we.. Go-go out ne-next time?" Yoona was tensed. She sounded so desperate for Seohyun but Yoona doesn't care about pride. She waited long for this chance, it may sound silly and awkward but she didn't care.

 "Are you asking me out on a date?" Seohyun chuckled a bit. Yoona looked away, rubbing her head. "We-well.."

 "I should be the one asking for your time." Seohyun said. Yoona didn't quite get what Seohyun had just said. "Pardon?"

 "I really wanted to see you again, Yoona. I wanted to talk to you more.. And when I had the chance I went at that park everyday for a chance to see you." With Seohyuns confession, Yoona was speechless. Seohyun felt the same, the same feeling she had.

 "So sure, let's go out often please." Seohyun smiled, Yoona took a deep breath. The nervous her slowly faded. It was like a stabbed sword was taken out of her heart. Seohyun feels the same.

 "If possible.. I'd like to see you every day. Know what, I feel a some sort of strange connection between us. I also want to see you more, be with you more, talk to you more.." Yoona expressed what she had felt for Seohyun the whole past.

 "We're soul mates. Didn't you know?" Seohyun giggled. She handed her palm out, the other hand grabbed Yoona's hand. "There's an unseen ties that binds us. I see them, Yoona.." Seohyun held Yoona's hand. Yoona was deeply touched by these words. It seemed weird for her to like Seohyun this much though they had only met twice. Seohyun was right, they were destined to meet again.

 "Me and you, we belong.." Yoona said somehow Seohyun blushed at it. But Yoona did the same, she held something she longed for years, the feeling was unexplainable. It was indeed greater happiness.

 

 As they got out of the shop, they walked around town. Talking about more of theirselves. Seohyun didn't let Yoonas hand go, not once, not for a moment. She enjoyed the warmth of Yoona's hand, it fit her own exactly.

 Yoona found out Seohyun was an only child. She lives a bus ride away from their dorm, she loves to read, she loves Keroro a Japanese anime. She even asked Yoona to watch it with her. Yoona found Seohyun's personality very honest and adorable. Everything about Seohyun was how Yoona had wanted her to be, Yoona wanted Seohyun to take her. It was magnificent that Seohyun took her, Yoona appreciate this. Seohyun was too beautiful of a person, Yoona won't let this go.

 As the sun sets, they walked back to the cherry blossom park they had met earlier. They both don't want to go their separate ways but it was indeed time to end their moment together.

 "I'll.. See you. Thank you for today.." Seohyun said, giving Yoona a bow. Yoona did the same.

 "Can I have your number?" Yoona asked.

 "Telephone number is the only thing allowed in our home." Seohyun shyly said, Yoona still took it though. She cannot afford to lose Seohyun once again.

 "So.. I'll call your house, okay?" Yoona smiled.

 "Yes do so." Seohyun walked back, turning away. Yoona stopped her.

 "Uhm.. Seohyun.."

 "Yes?"

 "I think I like you. N-no.. This sounds crazy no rather idiotic but.." Yoona wanted to confess, she took a pause. Collecting all her courage to say it all before they part ways, she needs to say this for years Yoona had kept it.

  "Ever since we met, you're always on my mind. I feel like I need to be by your side every time.. I feel incomplete without you. This sounds very cliche but Seohyun I think.." Finally Yoona can express it. She can finally tell the words to the only person whom it was for.

 "I'm in love with you all this time." Yoona admitted it. It was indeed unexplainable, breaking the modern laws of how love was supposed to be. It was a popular fact that you can never fall in love too fast as that kind of love dies swiftly.

 

 Seohyun took a step closer to Yoona. She held on Yoonas cheeks, they were tinted with red color. Yoona was nervous, yet she patiently waited for Seohyun to reply.

 "It's definitely absurd to fall so fast." Seohyun said, Yoonas cheeks in the process. In front of her, Yoona's heart sunken a bit with those words. To Yoona, it indicated she was indeed desperate, indeed too fast. But it was the truth, all those years; Yoona had loved Seohyun only. "I'm sorry.." Yoona placed her own hand on Seohyuns right hand which is on her cheek.

 Seohyun shook her head right and left. "There is nothing to be sorry about, Yoona. I feel exactly the same.." Seohyun expressed, Yoonas face lit up. These words were melody to her ears.

 "I tried telling myself it was just childhood infatuation or a kids love, sisterly or whatever argument my mind could ever defend." Seohyun looked down to the ground. "But.. You see Yoona. Like you felt, I've always thought about you. My heart would always win against my head.."

 Yoona smiled. She placed Seohyun's arms around her neck, she hugged Seohyun tight. She was happy, she felt Seohyun so near, reachable, loved. Seohyun felt the same way Yoona does, she was happy. This was indeed their destiny.

 

 Yoona got home to their dorm with Yuri on the phone talking with Jessica. Yoona had a bright smile as she got home. She looked like a child allowed to play until the time she wants go home. Yuri noticed this expression Yoona wore, she told Jessica to hang for a minute.

 "What's with the smile? Met someone nice today, Yoongie?" Yuri teased, over the phone Jessica heard it. "Oh, hi Yoona!" She said hi and Yuri the loud speaker.

 "Hi Jessica. Hmm.. Yea, I met someone.. Better than nice.." Yoona had a large smile, happiness was printed all over her face. Yoona sat on the revolving chair in front of Yuri's bed.

 "Ooh, tell us about this person then!" Enthusiastically, Yuri said. Jessica over the phone agreed. Yoona stood up and looked out at the window, Seohyun's image appeared at her eyes.

 "I met her Yul." Yoona said.

 "Her? The her? Your childhood friend?" Yuri got more hyped at it. Yoona nod her head. "She's so beautiful and very smart.."

 "Wow! Good for you, Yoona." Jessica said.

 "Then you got her number then?" Asked Yuri. Yoona unfortunately shook her head.

 "Nope. Just house telephone.."

 "That's bad. Her parents must be strict." Again, Jessica commented.

 "Well at least you saw her again, tell us more of what happen." Yuri asked.

 "She told me she felt the same way about me Yuri. She told me she loves me the same, she also loved me over the years." Yoona announced happily.

 Jessica squealed in such terms Yoona used. Yuri slightly moved the phone from her ear a bit, Jessica's giggling was all over it.

 "That's so sweet! I wanna meet her Yoona!" Said Jessica and Yoona chuckled to that request. "Maybe sometime.. If we get to be official.. She's really amazing." Yoona said as she stood up from the chair and climbed up to her bed.

 

 "Jessica, how about us? When will be official?"

 Though Yoona could hear Yuri and Jessica's conversations underneath, her mind was focused on someone else. She wonders what Seohyun does at that moment; she hopes to see Seohyun again. Her heart will fall if she doesn't see Seohyun again after the events of earlier. Yoona closed her eyes, holding on a small prayer to be with Seohyun once again.

 

 The early morning classes were the same old, Yoona was busy with her studies and research for a fulfillment of her graduation. Yoona was delighted, she was near the end of her education years and she has finally reunited with Seohyun as well.

 But Yoona thought of when to call Seohyun, she forgot to ask Seohyun's schedule. Yoona decided to call after her classes before dinner, maybe she can still ask Seohyun out as she thought.

 

 Yoona dialed the landline Seohyun gave her, it was ringing. But no one seemed to answer; Yoona's heart fell a bit. She feared she wouldn't get to see Seohyun once again. She packed her jacket and thought of waiting by the park once again.

 "Where are you going? It's late Yoona. Curfew 10'oclock okay?" Yuri reminded Yoona, Yoona kept it in mind though.

 As Yoona rushed to the park, she saw Seohyun waiting at the same old spot she'd take. It was quite dark around the park though posts of light were at every edge. Yoona sprinted quickly to Seohyun.

 

 "It’s not safe to be here alone you know.." Yoona told Seohyun, Seohyun smiled the moment she saw Yoonas pressence.

 "I forgot to tell you the landline was off limits for now.." Seohyun stood up and Yoona did the same.

 "Well why so?"

 "Just being used for the business. I'm glad you came though.." Seohyun said as she placed her head on Yoonas shoulders. She found comfort holding Yoonas own hand.

 "Next time don't wait around here please, its dark, dangerous.. I'll get worried." Yoona placed her arm around Seohyun's shoulder. She could feel Seohyun nod beside her.

 "Good, now let's get some dinner.." Yoona smiled, she was delighted she gets to be with Seohyun once again.

 

 They got to a small Japanese restaurant. They both grabbed dinner though Yoona was happy about this, she had worries on how they would be communicating.

 "What if I buy you a cell phone and you hide it from your parents?" Yoona chuckled a bit, making it sound as if it was a joke. But if Seohyun agrees, Yoona really will buy Seohyun a cell phone.

 "We can send letters, isn't that romantic?" Seohyun replied. Yoona laughed at the request Seohyun did, thinking they were in the 20th century and someone is still voting for love letters.

 "It is.. But text messages or email, yes email! Do you have one?" Yoona had an idea. Maybe computers would be of help to them.

 "Nope. Computers are also off reach.." Seohyun's face looked down and sad. Yoona noticed it, she could only think of other means.

 "Are your parents really strict?" Yoona asked. Seohyun shook her head.

 "Actually they know about us.."

 With what Seohyun announced Yoona choked on her food. She quickly grabbed the glass of juice and drank it.

 "Surprised?"

 "Yes t-totally!"

 "I had always opened up my feelings to them.. I told them I met you yesterday and we went out. Then you’re asking me on a date.." Seohyun told Yoona, Yoona was confused on these words. Seohyun's parent doesn’t seem strict then.

 "So what did they say afterwards?"

 A moment of silence swept the two. Seohyun played circles with her straw and iced tea. "Honestly, they told me you're trouble and I should keep my distance." Seohyun bluntly said, her parents didn't seem to like Yoona. Yoona took a deep breath, she collected thoughts that their relationship was really a kind of issue parents won't be accepting easily. Yoona held Seohyun's hand across the table.

 "You don't have to disobey them for me you know.. I'm fine just by seeing you once a season." Yoona smiled, somehow it was a decision that was very fast, she always was rushing. Even her love for Seohyun, she fell fast and now she's losing Seohyun at the same speed rate.

 Seohyun shook her head.

 "We can send letters.. Send the letters to this address." Seohyun brought out a piece of paper, surprisingly she already has something written on that paper.

 "It’s my friend's address, you can assure she won't read it." Seohyun smiled. Yoona couldn't help but smile, Seohyun's actions were too adorable and cute. It seems Seohyun had planned this all along.

 "I'll tell you when we can go out or where well go.." Yoona said as she kept the paper secured on her pocket.

 "Send me a letter tomorrow okay?" Seohyun reminded Yoona.

 "Yes, yes. Oh can I walk you home? You know it’s late and your parents must be worried." Yoona proposed as she noticed their plates were all done.

 "I'll be fine on my own. Worry about yourself, you're not a man Yoona. Something bad can happen to you too!" Seohyun lightly tapped Yoona's shoulder across. Yoona chuckled a bit at this. Yoona stood up holding the hand Seohyun used to tap her. "I was hoping I was the man in this relationship.." Seohyun rolled her eyes. She stood up and the two walked towards the exit. But as they walked hand in hand Seohyun was quiet. She seemed annoyed, so Yoona decided to talk it over. This cannot be their first fight; it was too childish and immature for her.

  Yoona quietly wrapped an arm around Seohyun and she playfully pinched Seohyun's cheek. "Do you think people will look at you as the man than me? You're too beautiful for that."

 Seohyun pouted, pulling away from Yoonas hold.

 "I'll cut my hair then! I'll dress up like a boy! And.. You're beautiful too Yoona." Seohyun paused and sighed. "The waiter was so looking at you.." She added and Yoona's mind now understands why Seohyun acted like so.

 "Jealous?" Yoona smirked.

 "No, I was just saying maybe if you're with a handsome Seohyun he won't be like th-." Seohyun was stopped when Yoona hugged her tight. Seohyun was so surprised by this tight embrace.

 "Y-Yoona.."

 "Sorry, you're too adorable when you're jealous." Yoona expressed as she added some laughs. Yoona lifted Seohyun off the ground, surprisingly Seohyun was light.

 "Y-yaah!" Seohyun pulled away, Yoona was laughing.

 "I'm stronger, I get to be the man then!" Yoona teased.

 "I can carry you too!" Seohyun wrapped her arms around Yoonas waist and tried to lift Yoona, but she cannot. Yoona could only laugh at Seohyun.

 "Well..?"

 "Fine you win! I just don't wanna be the one to wash our clothes and be a house wife one day.." Seohyun turned away. Yoona's mind stopped the moment Seohyun said 'wife', Yoona haven't thought Seohyun would label herself as Yoonas wife, it was like a dream. And overall it was very heartwarming for Yoona.

 "We don't need to decide on who's the man or not, we'll just have to be both then." Yoona placed her hand on Seohyun's waist. Seohyun placed her arm around Yoonas shoulder. "Then for now I'm the boy. You're my girl, Yoona.."

 Yoona chuckled. "Yes, yes Hyunnie."

 

 They both decided to part ways on the park they would always met at. Yoona was a bit worried for Seohyun but Seohyun assured she'll be fine as she was used to her way home.

 

 Yoona got home before their dorm run the curfew on. Yuri was busy with her notebook and books by the study table.

 "So what happen to the dinner?" Without Yoona even saying, Yuri already knew it. She knew Yoonas smile very well.

 "Oh nothing special.." Yoona collapsed to Yuri's bed. "She's so adorable, just perfect." Yoona expressed.

 "I kinda miss the grumpy Yoona." Yuri chuckled; she looked back to her desk. "Now it’s all love struck Yoona!"

 Yoona chuckled, she thought back she is so in-love with Seohyun. She never thought it will be like this, not once or even a bit. She had just always hoped to see Seohyun once again, but her feelings were too great to ignore. For years she loves Seohyun now, she has the chance to express it. Yoona won't let this love go, not until Seohyun herself breaks it.

 

 "Yul.."

 

 "Yes, Yoong?"

 

 

 "Do you think shorter hair suits me?"

 

 

 The next morning, Yoona headed to a stationary store. There, she bought all the necessary things she needed to write a letter to Seohyun. Her classes would start at the afternoon so she decided to take time in writing the letter. She haven't wrote a love letter to any one not once, for Yoona it was somehow old-fashioned. She never imagined she'd be writing something like so with the century they had been living, emails or text messages was what she had accustomed to do.

 Yoona was alone at their dorm; Yuri had morning classes so she was on her own. She took a deep breath and started writing her letter.

 

 Hi, Seohyun! Well.. Its okay not to be formal right?

 

 She took a pause letting the thoughts of the letter being simple go. Her mind would always tell her to be direct to what she want but being sweet was also an option. It was an option but Yoona wasn't good with words.

 

 I really don't write letters. I'm sorry if I'm not good at all, I hope you don't think less of me because of this.

 

 Again Yoona paused. She took time to picture out her moments with Seohyun, hoping it would give way to the words special enough to be written to her letter.

 

 I told you how I feel about you right? I don't want to repeat it but did you know I really like you so much? You're amazing, I never thought you'd be so fun to be with. When we were young, all I've thought of you is someone I would love to play with again. I came by that park everyday looking for you, do I sound silly? Sorry for that. Its funny that even of my young age.. I know how to long for you.

 

 Yoona smiled. This kind of communication isn't that bad at all, she get to pour emotions to this letter. She doesn't sound too romantic or sweet but Yoona tried her best to make Seohyun feel her love with the words in her letter.

 

 You said were destiny. I love those words; I appreciate your existence by my side. I don't know what to say more.. I said sorry before right? Really I'm no good at this. Can we go out Saturday? Please reply to me. I don't know what to say anymore, please accept. Please? I love it so much when were together.

 

 Yoona frowned; somehow her last words didn't seem to be constructed well. She sighed thinking it was totally bad, she just hoped Seohyun would be fine with it and accept her invitation. She signed her name at the endings. She folded the letter and kept it in a yellow envelope.

 She sent it to a post office, the officer in charge there looked at Yoona. He asked why Yoona is sending a letter to someone around Seoul as well, saying she could have just emailed or sent a text message instead.

 "It's a special request." Yoona replied and with that the man could only smile.

 Yoona went home, and prepared for her classes. As the classes ended Yoona went back home once again, there she was greeted by an unexpected guest.

 

 "Hi Yoona!"

 "Hi Jessica!" Yoona greeted her guest, she looked around Yuri was on the desk studying. Jessica on the otherhand, sitting at Yuri's bed; was doing the same thing Yuri does. "You know, you two don't need to hide it from me." Yoona placed her shoes on the shelf and went up to her bed.

 "Don't mind me, just go on you two." Yoona lay back on her bed. She closed her eyes, letting herself rest. But she opened her eyes once again, Yuri woke her up.

 "Jessica and I are official! So we'll leave you here okay? We're going out on a dinner." Yuri said and Yoona gave Yuri a thumb up.

 "Good for you Yuri!" After Yoona said so, Jessica popped out beside Yuri. "Yah, Yoona, next time let's go out on a double date!" Jessica happily said. Yoona chuckled a bit, she smiled. "Sure.. I'll tell Seohyun. Once were official too."

 Yuri and Jessica went out and left Yoona alone on the dorm. Yoona enjoyed the moment alone, it was indeed her time to rest.

 The next day, Yoona climbed down her bed and not so surprisingly, she saw Yuri and Jessica together on Yuri’s bed. Yoona chuckled at how these two just became official when they have been together like so for about seven months already. Yoona saw a letter on their desk, it was Seohyuns reply. She was shocked it seemed so fast.

 Also, it seemed Yuri and Jessica were the ones who received the letter.

 Yoona opened the letter.

 Dear Yoona,

 You know you don't have to worry about what to say, for I think feelings doesn't need formal words or norms to be expressed. I too should say sorry though, being quite a lover of books, my words are somehow like them. You might find my letter very boring because of the many words I use, I am sorry for that Yoona. Like you, I hope you do not like me less. I thank you for your kind compliments about me yet did you know I see you the same? You're amazing as well. Its so touching that you would come back of the same spot just to see me, I would want to go back in time and see how adorable you were back then.

 

 Yoona paused her reading when she heard Jessica slap Yuri's cheek. Yuri didn't whine in pain, both were asleep heavily. Yoona turned back to her letter, all along her reading Yoona grew to love every word Seohyun used.

 

 Yes were destined. Did you know how much I love your company as well? I am happy you don't find me weird. You take me as I am and you even loved me for those traits, I want you to know you are worth my everything now Yoona.

 Lets go out! Talk more and create memories of our existence. I'm so glad you're there. I'll wait for you at the park this Saturday, before lunch. Please always be safe, I'll always be by your side.

 

 The last part was what made Yoona smile. Seohyun wrote 'Love you by, Seo Joohyun'. Yoona collected all her emotions; Seohyun's letter was full of Seohyun's feelings. Yoona regretted not to have written the same but she had Seohyun's reminder not to worry about what she writes or says; therefore Yoona was satisfied.

 

 The days passed and the time for them to go out came. Yoona went to the cherry blossom park, Seohyun was wearing a white short sleeve paired with a floral knee length skirt, she looked lovely.

 "Hello." Yoona greeted. Seohyun's eyes grew large at Yoona. "Y-Yoona.."

 "Surprised?" Yoona said and Seohyun nod her head. Yoona wore a gray cap; hair was tied to a back pony tail. It was short. She wore a dark green long sleeve, paired with a blue skinny pants. Seohyun frowned with this style though.

 "I thought no one is the boy?" She asked Yoona. Yoona held Seohyun's hand.

 "I know but this is how I dress up, and as for the hair cut. I had a recommendation that it looks good on me, so I had it cut." Yoona explained, she hopes for Seohyun to understand it. Seohyun lightly pushed Yoona. "Whoever told you it looks good on you is very wrong. I like you better with long hair.." Seohyun said but she held Yoonas hand tight. She placed each finger to the spaces of Yoonas hand.

 "Well it will grow soon. For now you have to live with this." Yoona smiled with a toothy grin. She thought it was the best decision, thinking so boys won't look at her and Seohyun won't get jealous. She doesn't want to cause a fight for them, to Yoona, Seohyun is worth more than her beauty. For their relationship, Yoona will do anything for its stability.

 "So where do you plan on taking me, oppa?" Seohyun playfully asked. Yoona smiled.

 "I hope your fond of the water." Yoona said.

 

 Yoona and Seohyun embarked on a ride on a ferry. Yoona had nothing else on mind but to take Seohyun somewhere new. The ferry ride was for tourists and it would roam around Seoul's Han River. Seohyun enjoyed the view around, buildings and landscapes were beautiful on their ferry ride. Yoona on the other hand, was happy that Seohyun enjoyed it.

 "You know this is very nice." Seohyun said as she held on the bars of the ferry. The strong wind was blowing her hair, Seohyun enjoyed that feeling. Yoona beside her had to take off her cap or else it will fly away.

 "Now I miss my hair." Yoona said and Seohyun's smile disappeared. She felt guilty thinking that Yoona did it for her.

 "You shouldn't have cut it, Yoona.. I told you I can d-"

 "But you know this hair cut is refreshing as well." Yoona placed her hands on Seohyuns hands. Yoona was behind Seohyun and she placed her chin on Seohyun's shoulders. Yoona took the time to smell Seohyun's neck, the girl smelled nice.

 Yoona quickly moved away when she felt some people around looked at them. But somehow they didn't seem bothered by their display of affection. Seohyun could only chuckle, looking at Yoonas actions.

 "Know what my roommate and her girlfriend said they want to meet you." Yoona laid her back to the support on bars of the ferry.

 "Then I should meet them. Soon." Seohyun was looking far away.

 "Once were official." Yoona said. It made Seohyun look at Yoona.

 "Official?"

 "Oh you know.. When you really are my girlfriend." Yoona placed her hand on Seohyuns own.

 "I don't like the title." Seohyun turned away; she dragged Yoona for a walk around the ferry. While walking, Yoona thought back if she had said something wrong. But Yoona thought of another reason along. "You don't want to be my girlfriend?"

 "I don't want to."

 "Oh.. I see." Yoonas breathing somehow became hard to be made. Seohyuns disapproval was heart breaking that it made Yoonas body temporarily stop working. Yoona felt as if her heart would fall and she'd die with Seohyuns rejection.

 Seohyun held Yoonas two hands. She noticed Yoonas pale expression. She needed to explain.

 "The girlfriend term doesn't seem right for me, Yoona." Yoona looked at Seohyun, but her face looked so sad.

 "It doesn't mean I don't like you, Yoona. You do not understand me do you?" Seohyun smiled.

 "For me that term seems so temporary. It’s like our relationship, with those labels for us is going to end sooner or later. I wanted this feeling to not end Yoona.." Once again, Yoona was taken a back with Seohyuns view in life. Seohyun was completely different; she was one of a kind against hundreds.

 "But if it would make you smile once again. I'll be your girlfriend but please tie forever securely with it." Seohyun gave Yoona a warm embrace afterwards.

 "You won't be my girlfriend for too long." Yoona hugged the girl back.

 "Forever will be tied with you and me soon." Yoona broke the hug and looked at Seohyuns eyes with a smile. She caressed Seohyuns cheek.

 "This isn't my proposal okay? Just so you know, as my first and final girlfriend tied with forever, you will marry me okay?" Yoona asked off and Seohyun giggled at its sweetness. "You will marry me too then!" Seohyun placed a kiss on Yoonas cheek. Both of them blushed at it, somehow Yoona didn't find people distracting anymore. She smiled.

 "Yes of course." Yoona was deeply touched by piles of happiness. She was happy, though their relationship was going on the fast lane, Yoona accepted it. She had loved and longed for Seohyun to let pride and time stand over them anymore. She loves Seohyun that much. And Seohyun loves her back the same.

 

 The days passed and the two of them had to prepare for the exams. For two weeks they didn't see each other nor write letters. But once Yoonas exams finished her quickly wrote once again.

 "You seem to be writing? What for, Yoongie?" Yuri asked from Yoonas back.

 "Letters to Seohyun." Yoona replied not looking back to Yuri, she was busy thinking of what to say. She had tons to say and she thought one paper probably isn't enough for it.

 "Never knew you were some kind of poet." Yuri said as she sat down on her bed.

 "I'm not, Seohyun likes this retro stuff." Yoona chuckled a bit. "You did saw her letter right?" She added to ask Yuri.

 "I did not." Yuri replied, she brought out her phone and probably texted Jessica. Yoona looked back to Yuri.

 "Then who put the letter on our desk?" Yoona asked. Yuri turned to Yoona.

 "A ghost? Oooh scary!" Yuri laughed.

 "Must be Jessica then." Yoona looked back to her desk. Jessica must have been the one who saw it outside and placed it on her desk.

 "I never knew Doc Jessica would be your personal mailwoman for extra incomes." Yuri joked laughing at the thought of it. Yoona laughed along.

 "Yeah, you have a lot of you don't knows about Dr. Jung, Yuri Kwon." Yoona said and Yuri quickly stood up, alerted by Yoonas words.

 "What is it that I don't know about my Jessica, huh?" Yuri asked with a bit furious tone. Again, Yoona laughed. "Actually while you were on your Jessica dreamland she slapped you so damn hard yet you didn't wake up. She would always hit you while your asleep, she's asleep too though. You two are really funny." Yoona laughed drastically while Yuri held on her cheek, realizing now why sometimes after waking up by Jessicas side she had some body parts sore. "So that's why! Uhg, she's such a violent girl, Yoong!"

 "Yes, yes but you love her so we better shut up now okay, Yul? I'm going to write a letter." Yoona started writing once again.

 

 Hi Joohyun Seo-Im! Wow it fits well. Right? Please agree! Anyways, how are the exams? Please don't abandon me okay? I didn't write because I knew you were busy at your own exams as well. But again please don't abandon Yoona. I will cry I tell you, if you do so!

 

 Yoona paused her writing. The thought of Seohyun leaving her was totally heartbreaking. She continued to write once again.

 

 I miss you so much. I wanna see you right now, really. So maybe we can go out again this Saturday, before lunch? If possible I'd like you to meet Yuri too! She's my best friend and roommate; she's really funny and helpful. Please reply, I will patiently wait for it. Again, I miss you so badly and I love you!

 

 Yoona ended her letter with the same end note Seohyun used like the last time. With that, Yoona sent it to the post office and waited for Seohyuns reply. But the days passed Seohyuns reply didn't come, but Yoona decided to still come to the park at their date. Yoona was so worried about Seohyun, thinking if Seohyun left her already or if Seohyuns parents stopped her. Yoona needed to see Seohyun but as she got to the park, her person of interest wasn't there. Yoona was completely clueless, not knowing what happen to Seohyun. Yoona was afraid, her mind feared to lose Seohyun again and yet it seemed to be happening. If Seohyun were to leave her once again, it would be the worst thing that could happen in Yoona's wonderful spring.

 Just when everything seems so right, the fall in spring had happen. Yoona broke down; her heart was slowly fearing the worst. For someone like her who loved someone special for the first time, lost is a great suffering. But Yoona's dreams didn't seem to end there, she saw a young woman running towards her. She was heavily breathing, she took a pause from her running to catch her breath rhythm.

 

 "I'm glad.. Y-you came.." She spoke. Yoona walked towards the girl, she knew this voice. She missed it badly that it never left her mind not once, Yoona knew it well; Seohyun's voice.

 "I'm sorry.. If I di-didn't reply.." Seohyun stood up straight with Yoona's support by her side. Seohyun smiled with the sight of Yoona in front. "My par-parents.. Really.."

 "It’s okay. What matters is now I know you're fine.." Yoona replied, stopping Seohyun from further unneeded explanations. Seohyun being sought and heard was enough of an explanation.

 "So.. Where do you want to go Hyun-oppa?" Yoona asked as she playfully clung on to Seohyun's arm. Seohyun surprisingly looked at her partner. "I'm the boy today?" Seohyun asked, looking down at Yoonas clothing. Yoona wore a jeans paired with her blue jacket. Thus, Yoona laughed at this expression Seohyun made on her.

 "You could have told me in the letter!" Seohyun playfully slapped Yoonas arm. "I could have worn some pants, not some skirt." Seohyun wore a knee length brown skirt, paired with a thick long sleeve.

 "Well I think Hyun-oppa looks amazingly handsome in skirts!" Yoona teased the girl and Seohyun could only pout to Yoonas continued laughter.

 Yoona noticed sooner, Seohyun's not enjoying her teasing anymore. She then decided to cut the laughing moment. "Anyways.. What I mean is, this time you could choose the place we'll be going."

 "I get to choose?" Seohyun asked.

 "Yes.. Anywhere." Yoona said with a smile of security.

 "I don't know where to go exactly. Just to be with you is fine.. " Seohyun smiled back and Yoona could only save and capture the tender moment in her mind. Seohyun has a smile Yoona had grew to love, the girl was diamonds in Yoonas eyes.

 "Wanna watch some movies?" Yoona suggested, watching Seohyun slowly get irritated by probably thinking of places to go. "Horror? Romance? Comedy?" Yoona asked.

 "I'm not comfortable in movie houses. I feel suffocated.." Seohyun expressed with a bit tone of disapproval.

 "Well that's bad.. So we have to think again." Yoona took time to think once again. Seohyun was really different from the people they're age were.

 "A movie is all right. Yet.. Let's watch some romance." Seohyun didn't want to waste time; she had said irritability in theaters. Yet she cannot let Yoona take hardships in deciding for them always. She needed a stand. Seohyun should also speak out.

 "I think it suits lovers like us." Said Seohyun as she hugged Yoona by her waist.

 "I prefer horror though.." Yoona said, smiling. They soon started to walk towards the nearest theater, Seohyun said she preferred walking than riding a cab.

 

 

 The movie they had decided to watch was named 'Written'. It was a Korean and Chinese collaboration movie, the story was about lovers; a woman from the past and a man from the present. How they met was really a twist of fate, where letters in bottles was how they talked. They sent these letters and with an unknown wind, these letters would be directed to each of them. It was an unfold mystery.

 "Seohyun, I need to go to the comfort room, save my seat okay?" Yoona whispered to Seohyun, before she left. Seohyun was absolutely absorbed by the movie that she could only nod at Yoonas reminder.

 For a while Yoona came back but she saw someone else sitting on her seat beside Seohyun. It was a young man; and so Yoona quickly made her way towards their place.

 "Hi, I believe that's my seat." Yoona said in a tone of a bit irritation. The young man stood up quickly. "Sorry, it was all empty so.." Before he could continue people behind them already complained. He left Yoona and Seohyuns place.

 "Seohyun-ah, you're so into the movie that you didn't notice someone else sat beside you.." Yoona whispered to Seohyun beside her. Seohyun turned to look at Yoona. "I told him yet he just sat. He didn't listen.."

 Yoona said, gesturing her lips saying it was alright. She didn't want to bother Seohyun from watching anymore; they watched the movie once again.

 The ending was very melancholic. The woman and the man found out the years they both have lived was hundred years apart. Their love was impossible, their love was of nothing but an unbelievable twist; it was indeed a hurtful memory for the characters. The story ended with the two deciding to let each other go.

 

 "She shouldn't have let go." Seohyun said as they walked out of the theater. She loved the movie so much, it was painted all over her face. "He loved her so much even against time. She could have seen that before letting go.." Seohyun continued.

 "Well they wouldn't be together would they? That was completely impossible." Yoona contradicted Seohyun. Seohyun held Yoonas hand and playfully glared.

 "But the letters crossed time. Probably there was a way of how they would meet.." Seohyun argued. Yoona suddenly pinched her nose for it. "It’s just a movie. Don't you worry." Said Yoona and Seohyun smiled.

 

 They wanted to go and to take a dinner but Seohyun said her parents would be home early. Yoona decided to walk her back to the park.

 "Can I still write to you?" Yoona was puzzled. Their means of communication was at the verge of lost; Seohyun explained to her that her parents got one of the letters she was supposed to send Yoona.

 "I also don't know.." Seohyun sighed. She also didn't know the answer. "I'm blank."

 "How about we write letters in a bottle too?" Yoona joked. She looked around, people just passed by around the streets. She wrapped an arm around Seohyun's arms. She needed Seohyun's warmth.

 "Seohyun.." Yoona called out.

 "I'm still thinking Yoona.." Seohyun replied, she was silent because she was thinking.

 "I'm afraid to lose you." Yoona snuggled closer, placing her head on Seohyuns comfortable shoulder. "Did you know that?" Yoona drew back and asked.

 "Yes, I know.. I feel the same.." Seohyun replied. "I don't want us to end. I don't want to go.. If I can I would love to stay beside you every time." Seohyun smiled looking far away and Yoona looked at her face. She felt the same, they felt the same.

 "A movie will end by the directors command right?" Randomly Seohyun asked. She still looked far away. "I wanna direct our movie too. A movie where there is no goodbyes, no tears, no sadness. But it wouldn't sell right?" She paused and chuckled a bit.

 "There would always be heartbreaks and loneliness. People wouldn't see the greatness in the actors if these are not present. Then our movie wouldn't sell.." Seohyun turned to look at Yoona, frowning. She looked hurt.

 "But it doesn't matter. I would care less of what they would think.. What they would say, I would try my best to make our movie happy." Seohyun smiled. Yoona was deeply touched by these expressions. No one was like her, Seo Joohyun was incredibly different. She was the best.

 "So Yoona, can I sleep over?" Yoonas eyes grew a bit large. It caught her a bit off guard.

 "I'll worry about my parents tomorrow but I want our movie with another twist." Seohyun held both of Yoonas hand and smiled, pleading. "Please?"

 

 Yoona couldn't refuse. She informed Yuri, her roommate along the way to their dormitory. Back to the dorm's entrance, surprisingly Yuri was going out holding some papers and a black back pack. Yuri smiled at Yoona and hurriedly left. She bumped into Seohyun while being into such a hurry. Yoona quickly aided Seohyun, Yuri didn't seem to notice Seohyun.

 "Y-Yuri!" She called on to Yuri but Yuri continued to go. Her rommate acted weird.

 "Sorry about that Seohyun." She apologized and Seohyun shook her head. "It’s okay."

 

 As they got inside Yoonas room, the room was incredibly clean, seems like Yuri cleaned up everything. Yoona thought Yuri probably did it for her, for her not to be embarrassed of her visitor. Now Yoona understood why her roommate left in a hurry, it was for their privacy.

 "Why did Yuri leave?" Seohyun asked sitting at Yuri's bed. Yoona sat in front, in their revolving chair. "I really don't know.. And I wanted you two to meet." Yoona scratched her head. Her phone beeped and she glanced at it. It was Yuri's text.

 "I need to go to Jessica's house. Sorry, you just enjoy time with her! We'll meet her soon."

 Yoona frowned. She wanted her best friend to meet her lover yet Yuri left without even saying hi to Seohyun as they met.

 "You could have said hi or sorry to Seohyun who you bumped just now.. Yet you and Jessica take care."

 Yoona texted her reply. She turned back to Seohyun. Seohyun was now lying on the bed, looking at her.

 "That's Yuri's bed. Mine's the one on top.." Yoona said and Seohyun quickly rose up. Yoona chuckled at the reaction.  

 "It’s okay, Yuri doesn't mind it." Yoona told Seohyun to put the other at ease. Yoona stood up and sat beside Seohyun, leaving her phone at the chair she previously sat on.

 Yoona hugged Seohyun. Their closeness was foreign, their heat was different. They both held on each other tight, what this feeling had done to them was very indescribable. It was happiness, yet the word isn't enough. It was indeed something more of that emotion. Probably, love.

 

 "I'll cook some dinner.." Yoona broke the hug and smiled. She looked at Seohyun close, it was really tempting. Yoona couldn't help but admire this person in front of her. She was the beautiful to the extent. "Yoona.." Seohyun felt the very same. She was deeply stuck in Yoona's image in front. For Seohyun, Yoona was very beautiful. And it was widely appreciated that such a beauty was willing to give up femininity for her. She doesn't know what Yoona sees in her that Yoona has done so much for her.

 "I wish I could love you again." Seohyun spoke.

 "Again?" Yoona smiled, it has to be a wrong word as she thought.

 "Next life time.. Then the next, until whenever. Please let us love once again and again.."

 Seohyun herself leaned forward and kissed Yoona. It was a bit surprising to Yoona, yet she didn't want to think anymore. Her mind went on a blank as she felt Seohyuns lips were on her own. It was a stirring feeling, their kiss was unforgettable. It was their first.

 Seohyun pulled back, her face was totally red. She regretted what she just did, thinking Yoona disliked it. "I'm sorry.. I was off the line a-" Before Seohyun could continue. Yoona hugged her tight. So tight and secure, Yoona felt the need of Seohyun. She had a short feeling of coldness as the girl pulled back. "Please don't let go. You'll stay by me always.." Yoona said. Her head was buried underneath Seohyun's neck. Seohyun hugged her back, closing her eyes and feeling what Yoona wanted her to feel. "I won't.. I'll stay by your side, remember?" Seohyun lifted Yoonas face, showing a wonderful smile. She was assured of her words, Seohyun wouldn't leave her; Seohyun will stay by her side.

 "I'm sorry.. You may think I'm creepy now!" Yoona quickly sat straight, realizing she had sounded too possessive. She mentally punished herself for the breakdown, her words sounded like Seohyun's her lifeline. But Yoona understood, this was her hidden feelings.

 "You're not creepy.. I love you, no need to worry." Seohyun smiled.

 

 Afterwards they cooked their dinner together, Yuri really didn't come back. Being together in one home with Seohyun, Yoona felt happy. It felt like they were a married couple; supporting and helping each other. Eating dinner, they shyly fed each other. They laughed and shared smiles with their games and teasing. Both were happy of this night together. It would repeat surely, it has to happen again. And hopefully when it does, they would be together at their own house. It was their wish, the same and real.

 

 Yoona decided to sleep at Yuri's bed. She and Seohyun shared that one bed. Before going to bed, Yoona checked her phone. She read a message, it was from Yuri.

 "Bumped? I did not! Are you drunk or something, baah whatever. No mess in my bed okay? No stains or you'll wash my sheets!"

 Yoona looked back to Seohyun beside her, good thing she wasn't looking at the message. Yoona doesn't want Seohyun to think she had any 'advanced motives'. But what rolled into her mind was Yuri didn't seem to see Seohyun that day. It was.. Weird, but Yoona set it aside. Seohyun beside her was more important.

 

 "Yoona, you have classes tomorrow right?" Seohyun asked, breaking the silence between them. Yoona left her phone aside and faced Seohyun.

 "Yes but it’s in the late afternoon, you?" She asked back. "Morning classes." Seohyun replied.

 "Then we must sleep early.." Yoona suggested, she wrapped her arms around Seohyun. "Seohyun.." Seohyun did the same, hugging Yoona by her waist.

 "I love you!" Yoona squeezed Seohyun. Happy of this hold, happy of the one beside her, happy of her feeling; happy of. their shared love. "I love you too, Yoona."

And Seohyun felt the same.

 "Yoona.."

 "Yes?"

 "Soon it will be fall.."

 "And?"

 "The leaves would be falling.. The cold wind will spread out and chillingly shake everything." Seohyun seemed serious. Yoona broke the hug and looked at her lover, Seohyun was smiling. "Yoona.." She looked up to Yoona.

 "Please don't leave me. Don't let us fall.. This feeling we share, it’s so genuine that I cannot bear to think it can end." Seohyun looked a bit hurt behind the smiles, something was hidden in Seohyun. Yoona wanted to know it, she was willing to know. She held Seohyun's hands, interlocked with her own.

 "Seohyun, don't worry about it. But.. Is something bothering you? Please tell me.. I'm willing to listen." Yoona placed her forehead with Seohyuns own.

 "It is nothing.. I am just afraid to lose you." Seohyun seemed to still hide it. Yoona didn't mind it anymore, she knew one day Seohyun will tell. She was willing enough to wait.

 "If it’s your family, let me meet them. I'll show them how much I love you.." Yoona thought it was the problem. Seohyun shook her head. She then kissed Yoona yet she broke it away quick.

 "We need to sleep." Said Seohyun.

 Yoona needed one last kiss though. She kissed Seohyun. Seohyun didn't retreat, she accepted the kiss. Yoona sided her head a bit to capture Seohyuns lower lip. As she kissed it gently, she found Seohyun's opening. Their kiss deepened, their kiss was more passionate. Their feelings had flown all around that kiss. The heat warmed their bodies close to each other. But as the feelings grew for more needing, it got more tempting, so Yoona broke the kiss. "Good night." She smiled. Seohyun smiled back.

 "Yes, good night my love." Seohyun liked Yoonas gentle care upon her. She was certain Yoona was a wonderful person. Yoona loves her in an unexplainable form, she was happy to have met Yoona again. Though their love was going fast, everything was worth it. No one was like Yoona. No love was like Yoonas.

 

 

 The next morning, Seohyun woke up early. As she rose up from the bed, Yoona was still asleep. She noticed someone on the computer, it must be Yuri.

  "Good morning.." Seohyun called out to Yuri. But Yuri didn't look back, she seemed busy. Seohyun walked towards the door and Yuri was still busy on the computer. Seohyun smiled and left their room.

 

 Yoona woke up after an hour. As she rose up Yuri quickly greeted her. "Good morning, how’s your night? Very good eh?" Yoona rubbed her eyes and realized Seohyun wasn't beside her.

 "Seohyun? Have you seen her go?" Yoona asked Yuri yet Yuri shook her head.

 "No, I came her around seven. She must have left earlier then.. So tell me what happen, Yoongie!" Yuri rushed over to her bed, sitting beside Yoona.

 "She didn't even say good bye.." Yoona frowned. Now she doesn't know how they will communicate. Yuri put her arm around Yoonas shoulders. "Sorry didn't see her beside you when I came in anyways.." Yuri said. Yoona smiled at Yuri.

 "It’s okay, not your fault. She has morning classes so maybe that’s why she left in a hurry.." Yoona said. Yoona was still wondering how they will communicate. It was a left topic that they didn't discuss. She took lunch outside their dorm and when she came back Yuri was ready to head for her own classes.

 "I'll be going ahead now, Yoong take care!" Yuri grabbed her bag and walked to the door. Yoona showed a weak smile to Yuri, she was still frustrated in how she and Seohyun would meet up. Yuri noticed Yoonas expression, as a friend she walked back inside.

 "Oh, I'm sure she loves you dearly Yoona.." Yuri supported Yoona. Yoona still tried to smile. "It’s okay.. I should have woke up early to see her go." Yoona said in a tone of stress. Yuri didn't understand Yoonas reaction though, it seemed over acting for her. "Come on chill Yoona not like the end of your times with Seohyun.." Yuri replied, she was worried about Yoona, her friend seemed stuck in a deep serious affection with Seohyun.

 "Besides, were young let's not be so serious in relationships like this, okay?" Worried, Yuri said buddle words that had hurt Yoona a bit.

 "I'm not like you and Jessica, I don't go out for games Yuri.." Yoona walked back away from Yuri to the bed. Yuri's belief in life was different from her. But Yuri was still willing to cheer her friend; Yoona was completely lost in love.

 "Okay I know you're serious. I get it. Just don't think about it too much, I hate seeing you down Yoona." Yuri chuckled a bit while standing in front of Yoona. Yoona while sitting in Yuri's bed was just looking down.

 "You two are going fast. You're serious.. But be careful. If you need help, I'll be there okay?" Yuri placed her hand on Yoonas shoulder. Yoona didn't reply though, she just slowly nod her head. 

 Seeing that reply, Yuri bid her good bye to leave once again. She was still worried about Yoona, in this case Yoona's deep in love for the first time in years; if it comes crashing Yoona will be so broken. Yuri dislikes thinking it can end, but for her who had a lot of relationship it seems like Seohyun would be the same. All Yuri can do is just guide her friend as she can.

 

 As the two days, Yoona tried to come back to the park to see Seohyun. But once again, she did not see Seohyun. She somehow hated Yuri's words. For her Seohyun isn't someone who would leave her just so, Yoona felt this love was too tight for Seohyun to even let go.

 Another day passed and Yoona didn't see Seohyun in the park. The next day, Saturday she had no classes she decided to wait by the park the whole day. It was their favorite day to meet up, thinking Seohyun will be sought at this time.

 But still, Seohyun didn't show up. Yoona also tried to call the telephone number Seohyun gave her but it was offline already. It was getting useless, hopeless and tiring. Yoona was trapped to thinking Seohyun had abandoned her once again.

 Yoona went home past dinner. When she got home Yuri and Jessica was on Yuri's bed, underneath thick sheets of Yuri's bed.

 "Yah! Can you knock?" Yuri shouted, surprised at Yoona's presence. Yoona didn't mind it though, she was used to them. All Yoona did was let out a long sigh. Jessica got up, putting a shirt on.

 "Sorry, Yoong. So what happen to your date?" Jessica asked enthusiastically. Yuri beside her was still laying on her bed.

 "Nothing.." Yoona replied bitterly. Deep inside her, she hated that Yuri had scolded her for being too fast yet she and Jessica were the same. Yoona turned to her desk, she took a seat and her head was blank.

 The couple behind her felt like cheering Yoona up, she looked depressed.

 "Wanna eat outside, Yoong? My treat!" Yuri loudly announced. Yoona didn't reply, she just looked at her hand placed on the desk.

 "How about we drink?" Jessica suggested.

 "That can get her off your head for a while, Yoona.." Yuri turned to Yoona. Still Yoona was busy, looking at her hand on the desk.

 "I call the drinks and Yuri's on the food, how’s that sound Yoona?" Jessica stood up and placed her hands on Yoona's shoulders. "Let’s go?" Jessica asked, looking over Yoona was trembling. Her hand over the desk was crumpled in to a fist. Looking a bit weird, Jessica backed up two steps.

 "What's wrong?" Yuri noticed Jessica's cheerfulness went out. She looked over to Yoona who suddenly stood up.

 "I-I can't believe this! H-how could you two hide it from me?!" Yoona shouted, taking the two aback. Yuri stood up, telling Jessica to leave it to them best friends.

 "Hide what?" Yuri asked.

 "Seohyun's letter! She told me to meet up in a different place this night! Now look, I'm so late!" Yoona looked so anxious. She looked so troubled, panicking, her breathing was different. She walked round and round the room, picking up clothes then throwing it again. She looked crazily panicking.

 "C-calm down will you? We never saw a letter!" Yuri tried to comfort her troubled friend. Jessica on the other hand just watched them from behind; she was a bit scared of Yoona.

 "What do you mean? Then how did that damn letter got here?!" Yoona looked back to Yuri angrily shouting.

 "I-I don't hell know how Yoona! All I know is that you need to calm your damn self!" Yuri shouted and she lightly pushed Yoona a bit. Yoona on the other hand was shocked at Yuri's burst of words.

 "You're scaring me, Yoona.. You need to calm down." Yuri rubbed her temple; she too was shocked at Yoona's behavior. It was close to an abnormal reaction but Yuri tried to pass that thought.

 Yoona still had her eyes wide opened. She turned away from Yuri and walked to the door. She got out of the room, slamming their door loudly.

 

 "You okay?" Jessica asked Yuri who's sitting down by her side. "Yea.."

 "Did Yoona had anxiety problems?" Jessica asked while massaging Yuri's head. 

 "The way she reacted, it seemed wrong but I.. I don't want to think of her that way." Yuri let out a long sigh. Yoona became like this ever since Seohyun left unseen.

 "I think she has problems, Yuri." Jessica spoke up. "I don't want to judge Yoona. But she seemed depressed or bothered but as my overview says she should cons-" Yuri suddenly kissed Jessica, she then pushed Jessica to fall back to their bed. Yuri knows what Jessica was about to say but Yuri doesn't want to hear it. Her best friend was fine, just stressed because of love. Nothing was mentally wrong, Yoona was fine. But as they kissed deeper, Yuri remembered Jessica is a doctor. She knows something might have been wrong and her suggestion could be correct. Yuri was worried about Yoona.

 "You're worried about her." Jessica said while caressing Yuri's face on top of her.

 "Yes.."

 "Let’s just hope it’s just some love stress.."

 "Yes I hope so too.."

 "But Yuri.. It’s weird.."

 "Yea?"

 "We never really saw a lette-" Again, Yuri kissed Jessica.

 

 

 As Yoona walked out of their dorm. Her head aches incredibly painful. It’s like her head was stabbed hundreds of times, Yoona stopped for a while. She held on Seohyun's letter to her, she needed to see Seohyun badly.

 

 Dear Yoona,

 

 I'm sorry if I left in a hurry that day. I told you I had my morning classes right? Anyways I really want to see you. But I feel such a pain when you have to travel far back to the park just to meet me, I've decided to meet you up in a restaurant near your residence. Its a traditional one, I bet you know it. I'll see you before 7 o'clock. Take care, I love you.

Always by you,

Seo Joohyun.

 

 It was Seohyun's letter to her. Yoona looked at her wristwatch she was late for one and a half hour already. Yoona was worried if Seohyun left already, if Seohyun thought bad on her, if something happen to Seohyun, if they were to be separated..

 Yoona's head ached more and more. She used both of her hands to hold her aching head, it was painful. Her head thought so much on Seohyun that it wanted relieve and Yoona knows a way to relieve it. She must see Seohyun; talk to her, hold her and feel her. She needed her cure, Seo Joohyun.

 

 Yoona saw a familiar young woman standing outside the restaurant she was told to go. Seohyun wore the a brown knee length skirt paired with a white blouse. Yoonas pain slowly faded seeing Seohyun standing from a far. Yoona was prepared to meet and run to Seohyun when suddenly she received a phone call.

 "H-hello? Yuri?"

 "It’s me Jessica."

 "Y-yea?"

 "Yoona.. Yuri can't tell you this but.. I'm willing to help you."

 "C-come again?"

 "I'm willing to help."

 "What do you mean? Jessica I don't need any I'm fine. Please sto-"

 "Yoona, I think something’s wrong with you."

 "Wh-what?"

 "Yoona.. Yuri and I really didn't see any letter. Neither was the previous letter, I did not put it in your desk." Jessica's words were confusing Yoona. She doesn't know what Jessica is trying to imply to her. Yoona's mind didn't register the words very well.

 "I-I don't get this.." Yoona looked up to Seohyun again, she was still waiting. She doesn't seem to notice Yoona from a distance though.

 "Don't freak out, Yuri doesn't want to face this but.. I think.. You're seeing things only you can." Jessica's last phrase made chills go down Yoonas body. This wasn't real, Jessica was playing with her. Yoona believed it that way; it has to be a prank, Yuri's joke or them both.

 "G-good joke Jessica! I bet Yuri's with a recorder!" Yoona tried to laugh, fake.

 "Yoona I am not joking. I'm a doctor. Please let me talk to you. Go ho-" Yoona hang up. She couldn't take this prank anymore. Jessica was scaring her, playing things and tricks on her mind, confusing her more and more. But Yoona disregarded it, even for whatever reason that joke was. Seohyun was more important. Yoona loves Seohyun.

 

 "I'm sorry I'm late.. I have just read your letter today." Yoona showed up beside Seohyun. Seohyun smiled to Yoona.

 "Took you long. But as long as you're here.. It’s alright." Seohyun replied and held Yoona's hand. Holding Seohyun's hand was a relief for Yoona, her head had ached so much but now it’s gone.

 "You're sweaty today." Seohyun used her handkerchief to wipe Yoona's forehead. Yoona smiled at this sweetness of her lover.

 "Just some errands.. Shall we eat?" Yoona asked, then opening the door for Seohyun. Yoonas phone rang once again. She slip her hand to it and turned it off. Jessica was annoying and Yuri should control her as Yoona thought.

 

 As they entered the restaurant, they noticed not too many people were around. There were only 3 tables that are vacant to be exact.  Seohyun dragged Yoona to a two table seater beside the windows. They sat in front of each other.

 "Since I made you wait. My treat okay?" Yoona offered but Seohyun refused. "I asked you out."

 Yoona held Seohyun's hand across the table. "I miss you. I was planning to ask you out if only I can.. You really need a cell phone you know." Yoona chuckled a bit. She was stressed about how they would be communicating but now that they have a chance to tackle this issue; Yoona wouldn't let it pass.

 "I'm sorry.. I will try to use one." Seohyun shyly looked down. Yoona held her hand tight, smiling. Yoona's problems seemed to fade with Seohyun beside her. "Right now, let’s get what to order.."

Yoona asked the waitress for their dinner. The waitress complied and as stressed by Yoona, it was for two persons.

 

 "So how’s my Joohyun Im?" Yoona asked.

 "Fine. How about Yoona Seo?" Yoona laughed at the surname Seohyun used.

 "Miserable without you." Yoona replied yet Seohyun looked at her worriedly.

 "Are you okay? You look pale today.." Seohyun cared for her partner badly. Yoona dragged her chair and put is beside Seohyuns. "I'm fine. I just.." Yoona remembered the events of earlier. She and Yuri had a small fight and Jessica's phone call was another ache. She doesn't want their night together to be about her problems, this was about them together. And for Yoona, their problems to be together were greater than her friends now. "Just a bit tired.. From school work.." Yoona replied.

 "We could go home after this, please rest. Am I exhausting you?" Seohyun asked, worriedly. She knows Yoona has something else to say yet she didn't bother no more. She just wanted Yoona to be fine and healthy, for Seohyun its all that matters and everything else comes after.

 "No. I'm fine.. Don't worry. We need to worry how we'll communicate." Yoona tried to smile once again. She despised telling Seohyun a lie but she needed to. Besides it was for their own good as she considered. "I'll buy you a phone tomorrow. Let's meet up at the park at afternoon?" Yoona suggested.

 "But.."

 "Please don't say no. Not seeing or talking to you causes my stress." Yoona quickly intertwined before Seohyun could even refuse her request.

 "I'm sorry for doing that. I guess I am a stress.." Seohyun sobbed a bit. Yoona noticed it and she quickly comforted her lover.

 "S-silly! No you are not, you're my cure did you know that?" Yoona hugged Seohyun beside her.

 "Even so.. I'm still a pain. Please accept my apology.." Seohyun apologized again; she broke their hug facing each other’s faces.

 "Don't you worry." Yoona smiled and planted a light kiss on Seohyun's forehead. Yoona closed her eyes, her lips placed on Seohyun's forehead, Yoona feels relief. Seohyun was her escape. Seohyun was her protection, her guardian.  Seohyun closed her eyes as well. She treasured the moment, Yoona was beside her. Yoona gave her this incredible feeling. Yoona was her escape. Yoona was her protection, her guardian.

 Seconds slipped and Yoona opened her eyes. A car passed by its head light caused darkness of the outside to slowly fade as it passed. The light slowly faded and once again outside was dark. Yoona saw herself, a reflection displayed from the window.

 

 Yoona's eyes slowly enlarged.

 

 No one was beside her. Seohyun wasn't there.

 

 There was no one in front of her. Yoona closed her eyes quickly, panicking at this sight. As she opened, Seohyun was beside her, simply looking far outside. But as Yoona looked back to the reflection of her, Seohyun wasn't still visible. Seohyun wasn't there. No, Seohyun was beside her but Seohyun wasn't seen in the reflection. She feels Seohyun by her side. Seohyun was there, her eyes were failing her, her eyes fooled her. Yoona closed her eyes once again, her mind was playing with her. Her head hurt once again. Yoona's breathing paced faster, she was slowly panicking. She was confused.

 

 "You're seeing things only you can."

 

 Jessica's words earlier echoed through Yoona's head. Yoona shook her head. Jessica was lying. Jessica was joking. Jessica was wrong. Yoona disapproved badly to these words and what it portrayed.

 

 "Bumped? I did not! Are you drunk or something?"

 

 Yoona remembered Yuri's reply to her. Yuri never saw Seohyun. But how come? Yoona asked again and again. Her mind battled Yuri's own eyes. Yuri didn't notice Seohyun. Yuri forgot she saw Seohyun. Yoona held on her head. Yuri was wrong.

 

 "You did saw her letter right?"

 "I did not."

 The letter, Yuri's disagreement flashed in Yoona's mind. It hurt Yoona more.

 

 "..Yuri and I really didn't see any letter. Neither was the previous letter, I did not put it in your desk."

 

 The letters were never seen. Nothing was seen. Seohyun wasn't seen.

 

 

 Slowly Yoona's mind was opening to a truth, a truth Yoona cowardly looked at. Yoona still didn't believe it. Yuri was wrong, Jessica was wrong. Seohyun was real, she went out with Seohyun. She dated her, they wrote letters to each other, they went by the ferry ride, they watched a movie, and they slept together. Seohyun was real; she was the person Yoona loved.

 

 Yoona held on her head, everything was falling hard on her head. Her beliefs were crashing, her mind was slowly malfunctioning. Yoona was losing grip.

 

 What was real and not was her biggest question.

 

 Seohyun suddenly tapped her.

 "Y-Yoona, are you okay?" She was worried.

 

 Yoona opened her eyes, wide opened looking at Seohyun. Yoona got confused. Why can she see Seohyun? It means Seohyun was real, they were wrong.

 

 "Yoona?"

 Seohyun held on to Yoona, seeing her lover at a distressed appearance.

 

 "S-Seohyun.. I-I'm.. Confused." Yoona blurted out. Her eyes sought her love, Seohyun was her love, her everything. But as Yoona looked at everyone around the restaurant, everyone looked at her, judging and thinking negative on her.

 

 Yoona looked down, shaking and trembling. She slowly backed out from Seohyun's hold. Yoona stood up, running away from the restaurant; running outside and leaving Seohyun behind.

 

 But outside Yoona could only stop on her tracks. She realized she had just left Seohyun alone. She tried to look back, walking back to the restaurant. She saw Seohyun walk towards outside, she looked disappointed and hurt. Yoona didn't think twice, she ran towards Seohyun once again.

 

 "S-Seohyun.." But once again Yoona stopped. Yoona almost cried, she had hurt Seohyun. Her lover looked sad. She hated it. Yoona reached for her pocket, she wanted to lend Seohyun her handkerchief to wipe the girl's tears.

 "Yoona.." Seohyun looked at Yoona. She had pain written all over her face. Yoona walked away from her, Yoona left her.

 "I'm sorr.." Yoona looked at her hand. She brought out Seohyun's letter upon mistake. She looked at it, Yoona looked down. She felt guilty.

 

 But reality was playing with her vision.

 

 Underneath the light post, Yoona's shadow was se. All she could see was her hand holding on to air. There was no letter.

 Yoona's eyes opened large once again. This was false. She blinked once again and again, and again.

 

 "Did I say something Yoona?"

 

 But nothing changed. She held into nothing. There was no letter at all.

 

 Yoona turned to look at Seohyun. She looked on the girl's feet; Seohyun's shadow wasn't there. Yoona's heart felt like falling, it was a trigger that made her see what the truth was. She now sees reality; she had been closed off for a while.

 "Yoona.. Why did you leave me?" Seohyun took a step to Yoona.

 

 Yoona didn’t believe anymore. She held her head; it was so confusing that she gripped on her hair. She took steps back, away from her lover like how she would fear a monster.

 

 "Yoona? Did.. I say something wrong?" She was still willing to approach Yoona, she care for her, for them both. "Yoona please.." She reached and held Yoona's hand.

 "Tell me please.."

 

 "Y-you're not real.."

 

 "Y-Yoon-"

 

 "Y-you're not real!" Yoona repeated with a louder voice. Her eyes couldn't held her tears at bay anymore. She doesn't know exactly why she cried for something unreal but Yoona knew her heart has broken, the pain was real. She now wakes up from her dream.

 

 "Yoona.." Seohyun held her tears back. She strongly held out her arms for Yoona causing it to a tight embrace. But Yoona quickly broke it. "J-just let me g-go! Th-this is in-insane!" Yoona took steps backwards. She was crying. Her mind betrayed her, her heart betrayed her, Seohyun betrayed her.

 

 "You're not real.."

 

 Yoona ran away and never looked back.

 

 

 Yoona got back to their dorm, she looked so distressed, hurt and wasted. As she got inside she sat down behind the door, holding on her head, crying and grunting, cursing her mind. Her mind played with her, making her believe an illusion. And worst, to love this illusion.

 "Damn it!" She loudly shouted. Holding on her head, hitting it again and again.

 

 "Y-Yoona.." Yuri quickly rose from her bed. She bended down to hold on her friend, suffering. Yuri couldn't bear it.

 "Y-Yuri.." Yoona looked up to Yuri, her tears wasn't stopping. "I-I'm crazy am I?" Yoona laughed a bit but she still cried.

 "No you are not." Yuri wiped her best friend's tears. She hated this. Yoona didn't deserve this; all Yoona ever wanted was her, Seohyun.

 "I'm.. Crazy.. I'm insane Yuri!" Yoona ranted, crying while holding on to Yuri. Yuri on the other hand just held Yoona with open arms. "Stop it. I told you, you are not!" Yuri scolded.

 "Yuri.." Jessica behind Yuri felt guilty. She hated seeing Yoona suffer but she knew Yoona had to realize it sooner.

 "She w-wasn't r-real isn't sh-she?" Yoona broke the hug and stood up. She wiped her nose, dripping with water. But her tears continued to flow. "She wasn't real!" Yoona went to her desk. She looked at her papers, letters she wanted to send to Seohyun.

 "I'm seeing things.. Only I can. I'm sick. I'm insane.." Yoona picked up every paper and pens she used. She threw it outside the window. "I'm a psycho! Seohyun wasn't real!" She whole heartedly shouted. Yoona's cries continued. But as she looked at every paper flying outside, Yoona felt weak; weaker as her memories flashed her images of Seohyun.

 

 Seohyun wasn't real.

 

 Yoona cried. Trembling to the pain of an unknown source. She shrugged, holding on the window pain. She sat in front, lifelessly crying with eyes closed.

 

 Yuri and Jessica couldn't do anything to help. Yoona wasn't broken hearted. Yoona wasn't left. Yoona wasn't hurt. Yoona was punished by ignoring reality, Yoona suffered to the pain of being betrayed by her own eyes.

 This must have been the fall Seohyun warned her about, but Seohyun wasn't real then who warned her? Yoona asked herself yet it pained her more. Yoona continued to cry, her tears never ended, her grunts and shouts never ended; it was her fall on spring.

 

 "Yoona.."

 

 Yuri decided to wrap a blanket around her best friend. It was all that she could offer. She doesn't know Seohyun, Yuri wasn't Seohyun. She knows she couldn't ease Yoona's pain like she does. But Yuri was a loyal friend and Yuri would try her best to help Yoona. She had done a fault and now she has this time to make up for it.

 

 "Yoona?"

 

 Yoona still didn't reply.

 

 "Let's consult Jessica's friend tomorrow. Okay?" Yuri hurt in saying those words. She doesn't want to label her friend abnormal or bothered or insane. For Yuri, Yoona just needed an escape. Yoona just fell in love.

 But Yuri once did a mistake of not trusting Jessica and now Yuri has to make up for that. Even if the truth hurts.

 "We'll consult an expert on your problem. You're going to be fine soon.." Yuri hugged her best friend.

 "Let's go there, first thing in the morning!" Yuri cheerfully said. Yet she hurt, she couldn't believe she'll admit her friend to a doctor for the mentally ill. But it was for Yoona's own good.

 

 "Okay?"

 

 "Okay.." Yoona replied, she nod her head.

 

 

 

 

 

 Yoona was diagnosed to have a paranoid schizophrenia, a serious mental illness that is triggered by unreal events. To be specific, her illness was manifestation of delusions and illusions; Yoona saw, felt, heard and sensed things only she can; it was the psychological problem paranoid schizophrenia. Seohyun wasn't real, it was Yoona's self created imagination. When Yoona found out so, she didn't seem to be surprised. For Yoona, she was prepared for the worst. Her whole self was set and ready for a rehabilitation center or even a mental hospital lock, but luckily the doctor told her she didn't need such.

 The doctor explained to Yoona that her illness wasn't severe as it didn't because Yoona problems until now, she seemed normal. Yet her imaginary friend made her abnormal. She wasn't harmful to anyone but she was becoming of harm to herself. Thus, she had to refrain from these beliefs soon as possible or she could really get worse and sooner permanently detach herself from reality.

 As the doctor implied, all that Yoona had to do was to take her medicines and relief herself from thinking too much. She got permitted to have a leave from school as well. Yoona did everything her doctor told her, she wanted to move on. It wasn't easy for Yoona to leave her memories with Seohyun behind. Everything seemed real, everything seemed right. But it wasn't, so Yoona tried her best to forget.

 With Yuri and Jessica's help, she slowly recovered from her manifestations and hardship. They accompanied Yoona throughout, guiding her medications and prohibiting her from going to places she went out with her imaginary friend.

 

  As the days of spring passed, Yoona was recovering. Yoona was moving on. She gradually made herself happy without Seohyun. She sooner fully accepted Seohyun's unregistered existence.  For her it was all an unforgettable spring that she wanted badly to forget.

 

 "Yoona? You listening? It’s almost fall." Yuri asked Yoona who's busy playing with her cell phone. Yoona hasn't replied to everything Yuri had said because she was absorbed in the game.

 "Yoonaa?"

 

 "I'm busy Yur- uhg! I died! Your fault!" Yoona sat up from her bed. Her hair had grown longer from the days that passed. Yuri smiled, her friend was back to normal. But she needed Yoona to truly move on. One thing she knows was her suggestion from the beginning of spring.

 "Listen, Jessica will set Tiffany up for a date. Do you want to date her?" Yuri asked, looking up to Yoona who's lazy up on her bed. "You hate set ups so I'm asking you." Yuri added, she thinks Yoona needs someone new to move on.

 "Her treat." Yoona replied.

 "Couldn't you treat her instead? She doesn't date girls you know. Yet she has a crush on you.." Yuri said laughing at the irony of Tiffany's feelings.

 "Yea I know.." Yoona climbed down from her bed she took grabbed a bottled water.

 "So when will you set me up with her? Yet don't you think she'll kinda dislike me?" Yoona asked opening the cap of the bottle.

 "Tomorrow, if you want. Why would she? She kept on asking us about you, she likes you." Yuri handed Yoona a medicine. Yoona looked at it. She had indeed lost her confidence as she knew her mental illness.

 "Well you know.. I'm quite a psycho. I'm schezophr-" Yuri slapped Yoona's arm.

 "You're fine now. You're just idiotic."

 Yoona smiled. Yuri was a great help, Yuri was a good friend. No, Yuri was the best friend anyone could ask of.

 "Thanks, Yul."

 "No problem.."

 

 

 Tiffany was a year younger than Yoona. She was lovely and she had a very nice smile that Yoona liked for a sort. Yoona was surprised that Tiffany agreed to be the one to pay for their expenses on their date, Yoona didn't refuse though. Her medicines were not that cheap that her budget was a bit short.

 "So where do you take me next?" Yoona asked as she and Tiffany walked by the street. They went to the water park earlier, and now Tiffany drags her somewhere she doesn't know.

 "Dinner!" Tiffany slipped her hand to hold Yoonas own. Yoona held Tiffany's warm hand back. She had long missed this kind of touch.

 "Sorry if you're spending money on me.. We could pay half?" Yoona offered. Yet Tiffany playfully pulled her, smiling at Yoona. "It’s okay! I've always liked you.."

 Yoona smiled back. She somehow felt regret that she didn't take Yuri's advice to date Tiffany earlier. Tiffany was a nice person.

 They waited for the street light to allow them pass the lane. They both continued to chat, Yoona kept on asking where Tiffany will take her but Tiffany kept on hiding.

 "Yoona, can we go out next weekend?" Tiffany asked. Quickly, Yoona agreed. She looked far across the street; she noticed fall has really entered the season. The trees were losing its leaves, spring is over.

 

 "Soon it will be fall..The leaves would be falling.."

 

 A cold gust of wind blew. Yoona looked back someone was calling her. She wondered who could be calling her.

 

 "..The cold wind will spread out.."

 

 Tiffany was calling out to her. Yoona was confused; she was beside Tiffany a moment ago. Why is she far behind?

 

 

 "..And chillingly shake everything."

 

 Yoona looked to her left. A truck was speeding towards her.

 

 

 "Y-Yoona!" Yoona closed her eyes.

 

 She hears Tiffany crying, people were also murmuring, talking. She could hear footsteps running towards her.

 

 "Y-Yoona.." She knows this voice.

 

 Yoona opened her eyes.

 

 "I-I guess.. I am.." Yoona looked down; a familiar girl was on her lap. She had blood on her chin, dripping from . She smiled and touched Yoonas face.

 

 "Y-your guardian.. Righ.." She smiled yet she was crying.

 

 "S-Seohyun.." Yoona couldn't believe this. Seohyun was here in front of her. Seohyun saved her from death. Seohyun was real, Seohyun was her guardian. Seohyun was Yoona's angel.

 

 "I.. Love y-" Seohyun tried to speak but she coughed and her cough was blood.

 "Yoona.." One final smile. Seohyun did it for Yoona. Her hands on Yoona's face dropped.

 

 She was gone.

 

 "Seo-S-Seohyun.. N-no.." Yoona couldn't believe this. She wasn't real, how could she have saved her? She asked herself again and again. But it only made her cry. Yoona cried.

 "Seohyun.. I'm sorry.." Yoona said, hugging Seohyun's body. She didn't care if people will look at her or what they think. Seohyun's dead. Nothing matters anymore.

 

 "Seohyun.. I-I love you too." Yoona's tears didn't end. She saw Seohyun's hand holding on to something. It was a cherry blossom petal.

 

 "Cherry blossoms are spring's treasure.. To be guarded.. With care and love."

 

 Yoona sees the truth, the hidden truth; a secret that was guarded. Spring's secret was Seohyun. Seohyun was loved and cared for of spring and spring has given Yoona an incredible chance to know her. Seohyun was real. Seohyun was her love. Seohyun was spring's treasure.

 

 

 

 "Yoona.. Please don't do this." Yuri pleaded to her best friend, standing in front of her.

 

 "Talk to me please. Why won't she talk doc?" Yuri turned to the doctor. The doctor could only shake her head.

 

 "She has given up on reality." The doctor spoke. Yuri frowned, looking at Jessica holding her hand. Yuri looked down to her shoe. "What do you mean?"

 "She took her medicines. She was back to normal, she lived through an accident.." Yuri spoke up, she trembled. Jessica can feel Yuri's grip on her hands getting tighter.

 "Yoona!" Yuri ran towards Yoona.

 

 "You idiot, wake up! Wake up!" Yuri furiously held on Yoona's arms, she push and pulled Yoona. "Yoona! You can't do this to me! You can't let yourself be swallowed in that fantasy!" Yuri scolded her friend. Yoona on the other hand looked at Yuri's eyes, empty and lonely.

 "She's not real Yoona, you know that!" Yuri was crying. Yoona looked away from Yuri.

 "I'll wait for her in the park someday.." Yoona said, smiling at Yuri. Yuri was a bit surprised at this reaction.

 "Yoona stop it! She's not real! Come on stop this please!" Yuri slapped Yoonas cheek, twice. Yet it hurt Yuri badly, she was losing Yoona.

 "Please Yoona.." Yuri held her friend in a tight embrace. Yuri quietly cried. "Stop believing in her.. Or-or.. You'll stay with crazy people! Y-you'll stay in a mental hospital if you continue this!" Yuri wiped her tears and broke the hug. She scolded Yoona yet again.

 "We'll go to the zoo next time, Yuri! Or the amusement park!" Yoona announced. She was smiling like a love sick Yoona she once was.

 "Y-Yoona.." Yuri couldn't help it. She hugged Yoona once again; she tapped Yoonas back, again and again. Yuri cried.

 "Wake up, Yoona.. We promised to graduate together. Tiffany.. Tiffany's worried about you!" Yuri said in a loud tone. Hoping her friend could hear.

 "Did you know she's very beautiful?" Yoona was smiling, she sees Seohyun's image flash in her mind.

 "Damn it! Yoona.. Yoona!" Her best friend had completely lost her sanity. She drowned herself into a fantasy with an imaginary friend. Yoona was gone.

 "Yuri.." Yoona hugged Yuri back.

 "Don't cry.." Yoona said. Yuri still continued her cries though, it pained her that her best friend suffered from such an illness. It pained Yuri for she knows the world was unfair on Yoona. Yoona didn't deserve such an illness, her best friend never hurt anyone. Yoona was a nice person, she loves true, she cares, she's talented, smart and beautiful. Yoona doesn't deserve this suffering.

 "I'm fine.."

 Yuri's ears couldn't believe it.

 "Yuri.." Yuri felt Yoonas head lean on her own.

 "Yoona.." Yuri closed her eyes. She opened it once again; she looked around her best friend's room. On her desk, was piles of letters. This was definitely a rehabilitation room. Yuri cried a tear once again. Yoona choose this on her own. She gave up to this sickness. Her best friend wasn't lost. Her best friend was happy. Happy in a place where she and Seohyun was allowed to love.

 

 Yuri whispered to her best friend. "I wanna meet Seohyun.."

 

 Yuri let go of her best friend. She tried to smile.

 "Yes, soon. I'll send her a letter!" Yuri tried hardly to smile at her friend's cheerful reply.

 "Yes.. Soon."

 

 Yuri walked back to Jessica. Yoona waved good bye to her best friend.

 

 Outside, Yuri cried again this time, in the arms of her lover.

 "We-well visit her! E-every week!" Yuri told her lover. Jessica cried as well. "Y-yes, Yuri.." Jessica was a doctor and she didn't believe Seohyun's existence, but with Yoona's tears; she knows their love was real. She admires their love.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 Yoona was sitting on her a bench outside the hospital. She held a yellow letter and the cherry blossom petal Seohyun left her. She smiled as she stared far at the trees, spring has come once again. Yoona loves spring so much.

 Suddenly her caretaker called her, saying her best friend had come to visit.

 

 

 Hi Seohyun!

 

 Its okay not to be formal right? Please forgive me, I'm sorry. You're real and I wouldn't care anymore if they say I'm insane or crazy or a retard or paranoid. I'm fine being alone as how they see, for I know I am not. I have you by my side. I know there is you. I know who I love. My love, your love, our love; spring's blessing. Nothing was false. It was real. My heart has engraved these words, Seohyun. I'm sorry, I'll repeat these thousands of times if I have to though. You're amazing and I love you. I was young when I longed for you and now I will forever long for your return.

 You said once were destiny. I love those words, I always have. I appreciate your existence by my side. You're real my love. As always, I don't know what to say more.. I cannot go out from my room easily. But someday, let's go out again, okay? Please? Wait for me as I wait for you.

 Nothing compares to when were together. Please love me again. In my last wish, one faithful hope; I wish to love you again and again yes, I will do, even if you are not seen by others. We will continue our movie, we'll be make a happy ending.

 The beautiful nature that blooms in spring is you. You're my treasure. You are spring's secret. Seo Joohyun, I'll wait. 

 

 Love you by,

 Im Yoona

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

------------

 SPRING SECRET BY CHOIKUFU

FIN