How Twisted a Person Could Get. Chapter 1. The annoying labmate

How Twisted a Person Could Get.

 

Chapter 1. The Annoying Lab mate

 

Two weeks since classes started, summer break definitely over, and yet Wooyoung was really getting out of it. He can’t remember why, or how he did, but indeed his mood for this Monday morning is very much far to those excited days that he had when the classes just started. Two weeks. What happened?

 

Having the start of the week as a bad day, the cheeky boy descended down his lecture class as he went to his seat. It was almost 10 in the morning and yet, where are all my liveliness went? He started asking himself. He slumped down as he counted right for his seat from the front. Oh yes, the boy reminded himself to mark his seat with something like a liquid eraser or a pen doodle so he could skip the counting every physics lecture class. With his black marker, Wooyoung doodled a small star on the desk of the empty seat beside him, since no one really sits there. He made it as quick as possible.

 

The lecture hall was big, with 120 students attending. This lecture classes are divided to either recitation classes or lab classes depending on the subject. As for physics, it was divided into lab classes. Wooyoung met his lab mates from the past lab meetings. They were 20 on it, and he saw the familiar faces as they were clustered together designated for their section. The hall was almost filled when he felt a tap on his shoulder.


“Yah. G’morning~!” It was rather cheerful in Wooyoung’s ears. It was Nichkhun, his best friend, smiling, bringing all this sparkling mood. However, it did not reach the latter. The cheeky boy puffed his cheeks as he ignored his best friend, only to receive a pinch on his cheek.

 

“Yah!” he removed the older ones hand, as he exclaimed in slight annoyance. He never failed to throw his death glare as he faced the person behind his seat. The older just chuckled.

“At least don’t wear that sour look in the morning.” Nichkhun smiled back at his glaring face. Wooyoung’s face just twitched from the comment however ignored it anyways.

 

The lecture started and all the students in the class wore the same expression on their faces. Wooyoung wandered his eyes, feeling not sleepy at all but is not interested to listen about uniform accelerated rectilinear motion. It is physics after all, so he scanned the hall to seek for a living person. He saw Jieun trying to fight her sleep as she nods continuously trying to stay awake. Dead. Chansung trying to squeeze himself hiding his height in his seat as he tried to find a comfortable position for sleeping. Dead, he concluded. The cheeky boy found more sleeping faces on the other lab sections, some of those he could name, Suzy, Jinwoon, and there was also Min, and Junho. Dead. Dead. All of them. Dead. He was searching for more when he realized he was staring at the person sitting behind him. Nichkhun. And he’s alive, diligently taking down notes. The latter noticed Wooyoung raising a questioning brow. Wooyoung rolled his eyes. Of course he’s alive! He exclaimed in his thoughts. It’s Khun, the diligent, the brainy, and the studious. He finally stopped his search as he can’t twist his gaze that much without getting noticed. Leaning now on his seat, he tried listening but was surprised he was looking at all at the wrong direction. Fei is alive, his only seatmate. He noticed her but to no avail she was as always playing with her iPhone, busy. Oh why, dead. All of his thoughts were stopped as he heard the swing of the lecture door and the sound that it made when it slipped off your hand without guidance. Wooyoung left his seatmate and glanced behind, and saw the rest of the class doing the same. A tall guy wearing their uniform drenched in sweat came rushing down the hall unaware that he woke up the class.

 

Taecyeon slowed down as he noticed the stares. He was late. Fortunately, it was then when the lecturer held her question and asked the class for somebody to solve on the board. Nichkhun being the brainy Nichkhun took it, unintentionally diverting the attention away. The class scurried after, getting worried for a pop quiz after some time.

 

The cheeky boy on his seat by reflex opened his notes and tried to grasp anything that he has written there. At least from the previous lectures he has those efficient notes. Suddenly he got distracted when he smelled a strong scent of perfume. He was more surprised to find out that somebody took the empty seat beside him. And then, he recognized the same tall guy who entered the class late. He has nothing to say from the strong perfume, in fact he would love to have that perfume for himself as well, but then he found the tall guy drenched in sweat.

 

Taecyeon took the first available seat that he saw. It was beside the isle, and didn’t bother to ask permission. He was having a very long day after all. Wooyoung found that rude. And yes, he disliked sweaty seatmates.

 

“Yah, no one sits there.” Wooyoung stated.

 

But then the latter didn’t feel like talking due to his tiredness. “I noticed,” was all that he replied.

 

“The seat is for C-1L.”

 

“I know.” He whispered.

 

“Then move out! You’re not our lab mate.” Wooyoung told frankly in between his clenched teeth. He disliked sweaty persons that much. Even if they don’t stink nor smells fresh with nice scents, all were the same for him when it comes to sweaty persons.

 

Taecyeon huffed a breath in annoyance. He decided to ignore the boy and focused on the writings on the board. It was then that the lecturer spoke again as Nichkhun finished his calculations. “Do you agree with Nichkhun-sshi?” She asked the class.

 

And the class went silent. Of course, Nichkhun won’t commit a mistake, so the class has nothing to say. But then, the sweaty guy saw. “Oh yes… Mr… you… who does not exist on my seat plan.” She said as she held her mic with her seat plan on the other hand. She made her way to the late comer as she said some things like everyone should submit their class cards so they could be included to her seat plan. She gave piece to him, with his seatmate getting annoyed with her when she’s supposed to check if the guy was really enlisted in her class. ‘He’s even messing with Khun!’ Wooyoung thought about his friend.

 

“Oh yes, Mr…”

“Taecyeon, Ok Taecyeon.”

“Ok then, Taecyeon-sshi, what’s…wrong?” The lecturer paused, however the tall guy misunderstood.

“Uhh... I think… umm… there’s nothing… wrong with me miss.” He said innocently and the hall went to chaos.

“Of course there’s none, you joker.” The lecturer seemed to flirt in her speech, as she rode the laughter. “Not with you, but with Nichkhun-sshi.” She playfully smacked his shoulder.

“No, no ma’am, I don’t think there’s something… wrong with him either.” His brows furrowed, getting more confused.

 

The lecturer fixed her glasses as she went a little bit serious. “Yah, yah, not with him. Of course with his work.”

 

“Ahh...” Wooyoung heard his seatmate. He doubt it very much. He thought he was faking his enlightenment, though there, the cheeky boy saw Nichkhun laughing too, waiting for the guy to get serious, smiling at the tall guy.

 

“I just thought he… messed up with the formula.” Taecyeon barely said not even using the mic properly but just enough for Nichkhun to hear.  He pointed somewhere at the board and draw a radical sign on the air. Nichkhun followed it and scanned the board, he saw the part the guy was pointing too but didn’t get it.

 

“Ahh, divide first.” Wooyoung heard the soft but low deep voice of his seatmate again, and saw Nichkhun smiling back at the tall guy as he recalculated his answer. He can’t help himself not to get irritated at all.

 

“Oh yes! That’s it.” The lecturer continued her lecture telling once more, that it is a common mistake students commit in exams. The class on the other hand messed up on their notes as they copied Nichkhun’s recalculation.

 

When Nichkhun was on his way to his seat, Wooyoung saw the smiles the tall guy and his best friend beamed at each other, not even talking. He waited for Nichkhun to be at his seat before he started talking again.

 

“I would even bet, you’re not even in the class list.” But he received no answer as he was ignored.

 

The lecture went on for another hour. The class lasts for an hour and a half. Taecyeon slept in class. He was awoken when the lecturer announced a quiz. The hall brought out their own papers and they started.

 

“Why take the quiz? I think you’re forgetting something. I guess you’re not awake yet.” Wooyoung expressed freely his annoyance, but made sure only the tall guy would hear. The quiz went on, for more minutes. It’s hard, after all the topic was hard as well. Then it was the time for checking. The lecturer ordered to exchange papers with seatmates and asked to write down the corrector’s name. Wooyoung gave his paper to Fei, and Fei gave hers. But then Taecyeon’s paper appeared on the middle of Wooyoung’s desk.

 

“I won’t check that.” Wooyoung refused to so coldly.

“Okay then.” Taecyeon took his paper and smiled at Fei. “Would you check mine?”

“Of course, Taec.” Fei smiled back. Wooyoung stopped in disbelief as he saw his paper handed to the tall guy. He haven’t had the chance to complain as the lecturer dictated the correct answers.

 

When the papers were returned to their owners, the cheeky boy wasn’t surprised at all having a 5 out of 10. It was a hard quiz. Fei got six and Nichkhun of course ten. He snatched his paper from the taller guy as he’s the one who corrected his quiz. The cheeky boy never failed to give him the cold glares when he had the chance. He was taken aback however when he saw the paper of the taller guy. 9 out of 10. He can’t help himself but to follow the paper by his gaze as Fei handed it to the owner. Wooyoung’s brows crunched up, as he knew it would be coming.

 

“Ah...” Taecyeon said as he was really annoyed with the cheeky boy since their first words of their conversation. “I remember I was the one sleeping…” He waved his paper in front of Wooyoung’s face. He paused and smirked. “I wonder…”

 

“It doesn’t matter.” He said cutting the latter’s words. “You’re not from this class. It won’t be recorded. You shouldn’t have even bothered, you grease ball!!!” He stood as the lecturer announced class was dismissed. He stormed out of the lecture hall not even bothering to look or wait for his friends. He was really annoyed.

 

=//=

 

“Bummie-hyeong!” Taecyeon talked on his phone as his last class ended, the afternoon glare, blinding. “I’m finally registered!”

 

“Really?? How true? You should’ve done that earlier you .”

 

“Haha, I am a , you know that.” He said scratching the back on his head as he walked away from his class.

 

“I really do, and I’ll never fail to make you remember that!” Both of them laughed. “Why not we eat outside to celebrate? Where are you now?”

 

=//=

 

“I bet you’re really tired.” Jaebeom said as he struggled with the barbeque he was eating.

 

“The lines are not that long, hyeong.”

 

“Aish… I know that. But it’s not the lines. It’s the offices, I know how they placed them so ing very ing far apart!” Taecyeon’s hyeong said in a high pitch sermon with constant blinking within words. “So tell me, how many times did you climb the stairs on your administration building?”

 

“Aish… It’s okay, I’m registered now hyeong… but yeah, my leg hurts.” Taec said as he patted his thighs.

 

“Just keep up with your classes then huh! Or I’ll smack you down. You see this?” Jaebeom showed his arms and biceps flexing it. Taecyeon on the other hand remembered his classes earlier, and the annoying cheeky boy at his physics class. However he was tired enough to tell.

 

“You think you can beat me up? Huh?” He retorted back. ‘You grease ball!!’ He remembered very well how he was addressed. “I will hyeong.” The tall guy, assured his hyeong as he brushed away his thoughts.

 

“Aish… Just go to your home early tonight. And Rest.”

 

=//=

 

The next day came, and Taecyeon finally got the time to check his weekly schedule. He found it really good, except with early classes. Thoughts of which club activities would he have are running as he checked the gaps between his classes. He also thought of ways to keep up for the weeks he missed. He was on his way to his Stat class when he bumped into somebody on a sideway collision. Taecyeon tripped on his own foot and falling with his back on the grass covered ground. The other fell on his legs. The tall guy by reflex immediately sat.

 

“Ah… We fell.” Taecyeon stated as he tried to gain his senses. “I’m sorr…” He stopped his apology as he recognized the person sitting on his legs. It was the same boy who annoyed him at the lecture class yesterday.

 

“Dangshin!” Both of them exclaimed as they scrambled to fix themselves and stood.

 

Wooyoung brushed of the leaves from his hair and on his clothes then he glared at the tall guy. “You…!” He started. “Careless. You shouldn’t be running around bumping on to other people.” He pointed at the tall guy. “Grease ball.” He muttered under his breath.

 

“I wasn’t running around.” Taecyeon gave a questioning look as he was referred to as a grease ball. “You came walking backwards.”

 

Wooyoung had to admit. He was really walking backwards. “I wasn’t.” He blared not wanting to lose. “I happened to be standing still.” But he was indeed walking backwards as he was looking at something afar.

 

“Yeah, you were standing still.” The tall guy neared himself to the other boy intimidating him with his height. The cheeky boy just happened to be above his shoulder. He smirked and walked across the latter not wanting to be late on his class leaving rather rudely. He can still hear the shouts of protest of that person as he quickened his pace towards his class.

 

Wooyoung on the other hand stood there longer, trying to be cool down. He finally headed on the same direction when he finished brushing off the dirt left on his pants. He entered his scheduled class only to find out the tall guy, the same person he just bumped a while ago, is already sitting on the same row in his Stat lecture class.

 

“Annyeonghaeyo~~”

 

His Tuesday morning has just started but Wooyoung felt tired as he passed over the tall guy’s seat who’s waving him a greeting. He sat down depressed.

 

=//=

 

The next day was no different. It was Wednesday and Wooyoung met him again on the same physics lecture. The tall guy came to class drenched in sweat just like before still wearing the same strong scent of his perfume. The tall guy smiled at him cheerfully like how his best friend Nichkhun would do showing his teeth. Wooyoung wanted to push the giant away as the big teethed guy sat beside him. He has attended his physics lab classes for the past two weeks. The lab classes were the three hour classes where students were engaged to apply what they have learned from their lecture through guided exercises. Wooyoung knew all of his lab mates, some of them were his friends. And he was sure, on those three hour lab classes that he never saw the tall guy in the lab. He was sure enough to say that the guy is not enlisted in the lecture class, or even if he does, that tall guy has no right over the seat beside him for they don’t belong on the same lab section.

 

And so he did. He pushed Taecyeon as much as he could however retrieving his hand immediately as the giant’s shirt was cold soaked in sweat.

 

“Get off that seat!” He said in disgust as he wiped his hand on his pants hating the contact very much. “You have no right over that seat!” Brows crunched up that much.

 

“You have no right over this seat too.” Taecyeon chuckled. “Besides you have your seat already, why do you have to have two seats for yourself anyway?” He said softly as he rubbed the part he was pushed. The other students were staring at them from Wooyoung’s shouting. The hall was still almost empty for both of them came early. Taecyeon smiled to their stares and they left for their own businesses. Wooyoung’s face twitched and fell silent from the scene he had made. He just wished Nichkhun or Fei would’ve came earlier.

 

And no longer later the hall was filled and the lecture started. He hadn’t had a chance to release his annoyance. Nichkhun came just in time. Fei came early however with her usual indifference. Wooyoung just wished the lecture would end quickly. But that’s not the case for the lecture is an hour and a half long. He sulked more and more as the lecturer took her time on her slides.

Fifteen minutes later he found his sweaty seatmate sleeping in class. He felt annoyed with just the other’s presence. The tall guy slept with a hand supporting his forehead, head bent as if reading his notes on his desk. Wooyoung found him sleeping for the whole period. They didn’t have any quiz, and when the class was dismissed he just saw him leaving immediately.

 

=//=

 

In the afternoon of that same Wednesday, they became group mates in their chemistry lab class. They were 17 and were grouped in 3’s from the start of the class. However Wooyoung belonged to the group left in 2’s with Fei so when Taecyeon came as was introduced by their instructor, they became immediately the taller guy’s group mates.

 

When they were seated on their designated lab table, Wooyoung found the taller smiling at him. And he can’t help but wear one of those sour faces that he have. “Why do you keep appearing on my classes? Huh? You stalking me?” He vented out his irritation again under his clenched teeth to avoid being heard.

 

“That’s my question too. Why do you keep on appearing on my classes?” Taecyeon returned the question back smiling again. Though this time the smile was not intended to annoy the other.

 

Wooyoung groaned in frustration. “Why am I even talking to you?!” He finally said as he faced the front instead. Their lab instructor was giving a drill today, instead of a lab activity. Wooyoung was thankful for this for he’s not really ready to work with the grease ball yet. He would rather be absent than mixing reagents with the taller guy.

 

So when the instructor finished discussing some things as a recall for their drill, and left and let people in groups discuss their answers, the three sat on their table minding their own businesses. They were the most inactive group as the others would debate of whose answer is better. Wooyoung envied that so much. He glanced up to Fei and found her having her own world, her bangs hanging too long in mid-air as she carefully wrote her answers. He didn’t bother her friend at all for she’s a bit having her time as she tap her fingers on the table as she was with her head phones. It was then that he heard a click on his other side where the tall guy sat followed by a soft whistling. It triggered things again with him getting much furrowed. When he stole a quick glance on his side, he saw a paper full of answers.

 

Although he was annoyed with his lab mate’s whistling, and got problems unanswered on his drill, he never dared to ask or even look again.

 

=//=

 

Thursday and he was begging Nichkhun today.

 

“Please, Nichkhun-sshi! Jebal, jebal, jebal!” Wooyoung pleaded as he pulled his best friend’s arm towards his Stat class.

 

“Aish… Wooyoung-ah. It’s too far for my next class,” Nichkhun complained as he was dragged. “And why so extra polite?” Wooyoung left his arm and pouted. The older chuckled at his best friend’s childlikeness.

 

Wooyoung felt a hand ruffling his hair. “Just go to your class.” He heard him speak softly as he saw the latter’s angelic smile. “It’s Thursday, I’ll treat you later after our physics lab.” He nodded back as that made all his worries go away. He smiled back and headed to his stat class turning his face immediately as they parted to hide his reddened cheeks.

 

=//=

 

Physics lab class came and Wooyoung sat on their table with Jieun. They were 24 in the class, the number of maximum students allowed in laboratory classes. He scanned the whole room and saw not even the shadow of the annoying grease ball. He saw his best friend, Nichkhun with Fei on the same group, Chansung on the other, Seolong on the third group. Jieun and Wooyoung are on the same group along with 4 other members. The class was divided into four groups composed of six. He stared on each group again, and he was really sure now.

 

That changed when the door creaked and Taecyeon came in the room carrying two long steel bars on his shoulder, his uniform drenched in sweat again. Maybe it’s because of the bars he is carrying, or maybe he’s just sweaty and all. The class fell silent when he placed the equipment on the instructors table. Some in the class greeted him in a squeal, he is a bit popular. Wooyoung felt like holding his breath as their instructor came into class next.

 

“It’s Taec!” Jieun exclaimed behind her spectacles expressing her excitement. Wooyoung was startled by this. Their instructor started discussing things about their lab activity as she told the tall sweaty person to set up the equipment. Wooyoung caught his breath again but can’t help to sweat in his seat too. ‘Okay, Jang Wooyoung! Breathe! Calm down. He’s gonna set things up and he’ll leave.’ He told himself as he tensed beside Jieun.

 

And yes, he was all hoping that the guy would leave and just came to set up the apparatus. The instructor introduced the steel as an air track and they’re going to do an exercise with Motion along a Frictionless Plane. She said that the air track would eliminate friction on the steel bars as a glider would slide on top of it. She explained more about getting the acceleration of the frictionless motion by computing things over.

 

“Ah, we need the air supply. Taecyeon-sshi, would you get it for me? It’s in the prep room alongside my office.” Taecyeon smiled and nodded and went out of the room. Not long later he came in carrying two steel boxes with large pipes around his neck. The boxes looked like an electric transformer though. He automatically went to attach the pipes to the inclined air track set up and plugged on the air pump, not intending to interrupt is instructor. He tried testing the set up as he placed the glider on top of the inclined track, turning on the air supply. The glider slid along the plane smoothly making the listening class amused behind the discussing instructor. It was indeed frictionless. Wooyoung wasn’t amused at all. He was chanting in his head with fingers crossed under the table. ‘He’ll leave now. He’ll leave. He will Leave! He should leave!’

 

The Instructor went on, on discussing how to use the motion sensor thing, for recording velocity and all.  Taecyeon stood on the corner of the room as she continued. He was wiping the beads of sweat on the tips of his hair and neck with a hanky when she finally noticed him.

 

“Oh, I nearly forgot!” She exclaimed clasping her hands together. “Class this is Ok Taecyeon. Have you met him before in your lecture?”

 

Hell yes!!!’ Wooyoung hissed in his head.

 

“He’s a late enrolee. Registrant should I say? You’ll be seeing this tall guy more often as he will be your classmate.”

 

And that was dropped like a bomb to Wooyoung that he almost stood. The class cheered as Taecyeon bowed and smiled. Wooyoung felt his world was crashing. Another class with the annoying freak. Everyone is cheering even Jieun was waving at the tall guy. The grease ball sat with another group as their instructor said so. At least Wooyoung was grateful about that.

 

The activity started no longer and the 4 groups were fused to two to conform to the lack of equipment. Nichkhun, Fei, Wooyoung and Jieun came up to be together, while Seolong, Chansung and Taecyeon on the other group. Everyone was amused with the frictionless apparatus. They played with the set-up as they recorded their data while their instructor guided them. They went on answering their activity sheets too and some discussed their computations and answers. Since Taecyeon was new in the class, every one’s eyes was on him. When he speak, the class fell silent. Jieun who came to gather data on Seolong’s group tried talking to their new classmate.

 

“Yah, Taec, how come you’re so tall.” She said in her small voice as she stood beside Taecyeon who’s recording some data. Those who heard stopped at her suddenness. She was just below the tall guy’s shoulder, however Taecyeon was way really tall for a senior high schooler. He is already a monolith of a man. Taec smiled at her in response. “I’ll sit then.” He said as he grabbed a stool.

 

“Yah, yah, IU-ga. Why call him Taec already?” Seolong who heard her butted in. “Taecyeon-sshi, sorry for my friend she’s normally shy and quiet.”

 

“Gwaenchanha, I really think she’s really quiet.” Taecyeon smiled as he high fived with Jieun, confusing Seolong. He stopped laughing lightly when he saw the cheeky boy giving him the cold stares. He excused himself leaving his manual on the table as he went to the other group.

 

Wooyoung saw him coming and made himself busy with his exercise sheet. “It really seems like we’re going to be together for a while.” He heard him, actually smelled him first as he knew now his perfume well. “I just came to formally introduce myself.” The tall guy said as he offered a hand. “I’m Ok Taecyeon.”

 

Wooyoung saw the hand offered from the corner of his eye, and he hated how busy his other lab mates are to see how he refused to Taecyeon’s gesture.

 

“Nichkhun, Nichkhun Horvejkul. And this is my best friend, Wooyoung.” A friendly hand took his by the guy from the lecture before. The tall ones saw the guy with the brown hair, fine skin and a double lidded eye, smiling at him.

 

“Don’t meddle with him Khun, that tall grease ball is troublesome.” Wooyoung stood, knowing his best friend’s habit of making good relationships with his possible competitors.

 

“…Does my height look troublesome…? Khun?” Taecyeon checked himself as he was addressed by that cat name again.

 

“Umm, I don’t think so… But you look cool with that height Taec!” Wooyoung’s eyes widened as they instantly jumped into calling nicknames.

 

“Yah! We’re busy here, go back to your group!” He said as he pushed the tall guy away. Taecyeon laughed as he was pushed. “Nice meeting you Khun.” Taecyeon said as he smiled waving at the brunet. When Wooyoung stopped pushing him, he tried annoying him more.

 

“See you tomorrow, Wooyoung-sshi… ummm just in case.” Wooyoung heard. His face, so sour for his best friend Nichkhun.

 

When Taecyeon is back to his table Nichkhun poked his best friend’s sides. “Yah, Wooyoung-ah, why so mean?” He asked laughing at the latter’s actions. “He’s a good guy... I mean, I think he is.” But it only made Wooyoung’s face turn to a more sour ones as he saw his best friend following the one that left by gaze, smiling.

 

=//=

 

Friday, and Wooyoung is in a state of paranoia at every class he’s going too. He went to his biology class scanning every face in the lecture hall, and when he sat, he can’t help himself looking back as the door closes when somebody gets in. He remembered it very well.

 

See you tomorrow, Wooyoung-sshi.’ It was becoming a taunt to him, hearing it in his ears over and over again. The classes had started and yet he can’t get himself focused as he was still up to those late comers. The lecture ended however with Wooyoung understanding a little with no notes at all. However he went out having it as his best class of the day.

 

The day went on and he arrived at his last class, Analytical Geometry and Calculus. The taunt getting weaker as he hasn’t seen the grease ball, any at all. Not even his shadow or his sweaty drenched uniform or smelled his strong perfume. He was much less getting conscious with people coming in the math lecture hall as the class started. However, he had not taken any notes at all for he slept. When the classes ended, he was so startled when Chansung was waking him, the other students all standing up to leave.

 

“Yah, Wooyoungie. You never sleep on our Math classes.” Wooyoung was so startled he almost stood up immediately, Chansung scratching the back of his head.

“So brave, you did it on the front seat. I want to do that too.”

 

And just then when Wooyoung realized what he had done. “Omo! What happened?!” his eyes bloodshot.

 

Chansung giggled. “I’ll just lend you my notes hyeong.” He said as Wooyoung blinked adjusting his vision, the hall getting halfway emptied. “To dorm, together?” He asked and they went as his hyeong nodded.

 

=//=

 

“Aish, I told you, you should’ve moved here since your first year at Jihye Integrated School.” Jaebeom said as he carried one of Taecyeon’s boxes. Taecyeon was of long friendship with him, way back when he was taller than the now taller Taec, and when it was more appropriate for him to be called ‘hyeong’ by the other. This year, he finally persuaded the beast to reside on this dorm like apartment. Besides, the Parks own it. “Here’s the last box.” He said as he handed it to Taecyeon.

 

“Thanks hyeong. You know I would still be staying at my place if I don’t have those early classes. Sorry for the trouble.”

 

“Yah, you really should be sorry. It won’t be, if you moved in last year.” Jaebeom sermoned, hands on his hips. His small eyes trying to look big. Taecyeon laughed for the effort as he placed the box away. He brought out an envelope from his pocket and handed it to his hyeong.

 

“What’s this?” Jaebeom opened the envelope and found bills enough for a tenants semestral stay.

 

“Yah! Yah!” He was shouting this time as he hit the taller with the envelope. “You trying to buy our friendship?” Taecyeon felt a light push on his chest as his hyeong returned his payment. “I almost own this place, you !”

 

Taecyeon laughed. That’s what he loved with his hyeong. “Then at least let me treat you dinner, hyeong.” He playfully pushed him back however it went a bit stronger than he intended to.

 

“Nomichoso? I’m your hyeong! Do I look small to you? Huh?” Jaebeom continued his shouting as he intimidated his dongsaeng. He neared himself and the tip of his pointer and pinkie and brushed it to his brows. “That’s not gonna happen, Taec.”

 

And they went for their dinner.

 

=//=

 

Chansung was still eating his banana split when he got a message from the owner of the dorm. He ran immediately with a spoon on his mouth to where his hyeong is, from the kitchen to the living room. Wooyoung was watching horror.

 

“Wooyoung-ah, Jae-hyeong will be bringing a new tenant.” He said in between bites.

 

“Yah. Don’t eat too much. Besides that peanuts are for Jae-hyeong.”

“I don’t eat tenants.”

“Huh? Of course you don’t. You eat…”

 

“Hyeeoooong~~~~!!!” And Wooyoung was startled with Chansung getting much excited, ears covered by the younger’s loudness. Wooyoung knew well that the younger never called him hyeong unless deemed  necessary. So he glanced to where the youngest was gazing and saw the son’s owner and what he has brought.

 

“The new tenant.” Chansung in excitement in the sight.

Wooyoung having an early nightmare, it was his annoying lab mate, Taecyeon.

 

Taecyeon was more surprised when he saw Wooyoung. “Omo… you live here too?” Wooyoung heard, his voice deep sending his hairs to stand up.

 

Wooyoung stood in disbelief, jaw dropped open. Nodding a ‘no it can’t be.’ ‘It cannot be Ok Taecyeon’. The remote slipping from his hands. The sight, way much horror than what he was watching before. And then he remembered. ‘See you tomorrow, Wooyoung-sshi’. The taunt clear and loud.

 

‘It’s Friday.

You made my day.

You made my week, Ok Taecyeon.’

 

=//=

Note: My first fic, and my summary went lame. =D Been a silent reader since then. I’ve written this for my sister who’s currently in Japan. It’s the first Christmas I spent without her cooking spaghetti and various stuff and all. I miss her so much so this went like a late Christmas gift for her. I love you!!!

wait for the next chapter, How Twisted a Person Could Get. Chapter 2. The Annoying Dorm mate