Reunion Of The Year

Loving In Another Shoe

-하영.HA YOUNG-

 

They should be here any minute now. I should get into action.

 

 

I’m too excited to meet him, but I can’t help myself from falling for Junho’s suggestion too:

“Let’s prank Kyuhyun. I know, I know its evil, seeing how he thought you were dead at first. But come on, it’ll be much more memorable! We won’t do anything serious. Okay here’s what I’m thinking: I’ll tell him you’re alive, but still in coma. So you’ll have to act like you’re in coma. And I’ll add up saying that you may never wake up, but you can still hear what people around you says and stuff like that. You know, the drama stuff. So, want to give it a try?”

 

 

Junho already borrowed an old broken ventilator machine from a hospital staff who happens to be his friend. It was going to be thrown away next week. The machine can be switched on but it’s non-functional; which means it’s perfect for the prank!

 

 

I lie on the bed, and place the mask over my nose and mouth.

 

 

Sorry Kyuhyun. Don’t get me wrong, I miss you a lot, but we’re going to be separated for a while after this, so I really want to hear out your heart. People tend to be truthful when facing someone who may never wake up from coma, right?

 

 

The sound of footsteps coming towards this room is getting louder. I close my eyes and wait for them to enter.

 

 

“Here she is.” Junho brings Kyuhyun and Hae Rin closer to the bed.

 

 

Sobs. Hae Rin starts to sob. Although she knows I woke up from coma, I guess she can’t hold her tears when meeting me for the first time after thinking that I was dead before.

 

 

My eyes suddenly become warm; a signal that tears are going to form soon.

 

 

I can feel a hand touching mine. It’s Hae Rin’s. Her hands are this soft and skinny.

 

 

“I thought you left us, Ha Young-ah! Thank you for not leaving me. I’m so sorry.” Hae Rin tries to squeeze words in between her sobs.

 

 

I’m sorry too for making you worry.

 

 

Hae Rin-ah, this is supposed to be a prank for Kyuhyun. Why are you making it so dreary instead of funny? Well I don’t blame you, I would feel the same if you were in my place and I was in yours.

 

 

“Kyuhyun-ah, why don’t you come closer? You wanted to see her so much, right? Although she’s like this, she can still hear you.” Hae Rin suddenly calls Kyuhyun. Her voice becomes more distant as she lets go of my hand.

 

 

I barely manage to hold in my laughter after hearing Hae Rin lying about me still being in coma. Thanks for joining us for the prank Hae Rin-ah!

 

 

I can’t wait to hear what Kyuhyun has to say! Let’s just hope I won’t mess up this prank. I can barely hold my laughter now, seriously!

 

 

Suddenly I feel a drop of liquid landing on my cheek. No, it’s not my tears.

 

 

“Ha Young.” My heartbeat accelerates at the sound of his voice calling out my name.

 

 

It’s the first time. Kyuhyun is calling me by my real name. His tears fall on my cheeks.

 

 

“Sorry.” Then I feel his hands wiping his tears on my cheeks.

 

 

His hands reach out mine, and he interlaces his fingers with mine.

 

 

“Sorry that I didn’t protect you that you ended up like this. I’m sorry. I heard you may never wake up. Never mind. I’ll come by every single day and accompany you, until you wake up. Did you forget? We were supposed to get married for real. You accepted me, right?” One of his hand breaks away from mine. Maybe he’s wiping his tears.

 

 

I know this is supposed to be a prank. And a prank is supposed to be funny. But this is nothing near it. Stupid empty-head, why’d you have to make it so melodramatic?

 

 

I don’t think my tears are going to be within my control anytime soon.

 

 

“You must’ve had a hard time, keeping it a secret from us. You even risked your life. And now you’re lying here like this. I’m sorry. Really, I’m sorry that I didn’t protect you well. But you have to wake up. You promised me, to tell everything. You promised.”

 

 

His cries are getting somewhat louder, though he tries to control it as much as he can.

 

 

And my tears fall too. Although my eyes are still closed, the tears can’t help but escape.

 

 

I can feel his forehead on my hand. I can feel his tears flowing heavily, down my fingers.

 

 

Don’t cry. Don’t cry empty-head. You’re just making my tears fall more.

 

 

He lifts his head then, and I can feel his breath on my forehead.

 

 

“I love you, Park Ha Young.”

 

 

He kisses my forehead. The he kisses both my closed eyes. I can feel the tip of his nose on my face as it slowly moves down to my cheeks to kiss them next.

 

 

That’s it, people. The not-so-successful prank is officially over.

 

 

With my free hand, I take the mask off my face. I open my eyes, and find his face on top of mine when he’s just about to move his lips away from my cheeks. Gently, I touch his face.

 

 

He’s surprised at the touch. His gaze shifts and our eyes meet.

 

 

“I love you too.” I reply.

 

 

A second after my last word, I pull him closer and hug him as tight as I can.

 

 

I miss him. I miss him so much. Only God knows.

 

 

He hugs back after hesitating a second. Both our tears drench each other’s shoulder as we engage in the long hug.

 

 

“I missed you so much.” I said between my tears, whispering into his ears.

 

 

“Me too.” He replies, still drowned in tears.

 

 

“Ehmm, ehmmm!” Junho fakes a cough.

 

 

We part after hearing him, surprised to forget that there are other people in the room.

 

 

“I would suggest you guys to go get a room, but since Ha Young can’t leave the hospital yet, there’s no chance that’s going to happen.” Junho jokes.

 

 

The whole room laughs along.

 

 

I take a look at Kyuhyun’s face. Confused, but happy. That’s what his expression tells. He immediately turns to Junho.

 

 

“Junho, call the doctor! The doctor’s wrong, she won’t be long in coma! She’s finally awake!” He finally voices out his happiness while almost jumping around in the room, thinking that I just woke up from coma.

 

 

“Yeah, well, I woke up about a few days ago.”

 

 

His smile suddenly vanishes. Junho and Hae Rin are laughing their heads off while holding their stomach.

 

 

“What? So you guys lied to me? She wasn’t in coma a few minutes ago?! I thought you woke up after hearing my hearty confession!” The empty-head rants away, being his empty-headed self again.

 

 

“Yep!” Junho and Hae Rin admits in harmony, giving high-fives to each other.

 

 

Hae Rin then walks towards me and throws me a tight hug.

 

 

“I’m sorry, Ha Young-ah. You became like this because of me. I’m so sorry.” She starts to sob, again.

 

 

“Would you guys stop with the apologies? Nothing is anyone’s fault. Besides, I’m alive and well now. So keep your apologies for something else, and start giving me lots of presents since I don’t have any visitors in the hospital except for that psycho there.” I try to comfort her.

 

 

Hae Rin releases the hug and gives a wide grin.

 

 

“Well, I helped to bring Kyuhyun here, so there’s my present.” Hae Rin says cheerfully.

 

 

I turn to look at the empty-head who’s still sulking because we pranked him.

 

 

Junho the Psycho then comes to the rescue.

“Aww, stop with the long face, Kyuhyun. To make it up, Hae Rin and I will be leaving Ha Young to you for the whole night, so cheer up. And you guys better not start bickering and smacking each other or I’ll make sure both of you end up in the ICU for a long, long time.”

 

 

You can obviously see the corner of the empty-head’s lips curve upwards at Junho’s words.

 

 

Thanks Psycho.

 

 

“So, I’ll see you tomorrow, okay. You better not do anything to her Kyuhyun! I’ll make sure Junho keeps his words if you do anything!” Hae Rin gives her cute warning while giving me a last hug, and leaves the room with Junho.

 

 

Now I’m left in here with the empty-head sitting next to my bed, pretending he’s still sulking.

 

 

“Yah, stop it. Your face gets uglier when you sulk.” I try to make him laugh again.

 

 

Well apparently it works. He grins and gives his reply, “At least it’s not as ugly as yours when you pretended to be in coma.”

 

 

“YAH!” I launch my pillow at his face.

 

 

The empty head grabs the pillow and laughs like an idiot.

 

 

“Yah, yah! I know you miss me that much, but there’s no need to show your love with that much strength in throwing the pillow!” He continues to just grin like an idiot.

 

 

“You’re going to miss my violence later, so might as well just give you the best I have.” I said.

 

 

His expression changes.

 

 

“What do you mean? I’m going to come every day, what do you mean I’ll miss you?” He starts to question.

 

 

I guess I have to explain this to him. Maybe Junho didn’t tell him the full story.

 

 

“I, actually I have to pretend that I’m dead. That’s what the agency decided. And you know that it’s the best for everyone. But I didn’t want to let you guys think that I’m dead. Not you guys. I wanted to meet you and Hae Rin so much before I go. The media and citizens will stop speculating about whatever happened if they can’t find my existence, so I have to disappear for a while. When everything settles down and when they forget about this, then I can come back.”

 

 

I examine his visage. He maintains silence for a few moments, making me restless.

 

 

“Say something.” I beg him.

 

 

I know it’ll upset him, but there’s no other option than this.

 

 

“Can we still contact each other?” He inquires.

 

 

“Probably. Hm, the agency doesn’t know about Hae Rin and Super Junior knowing that I’m still alive. They don’t want anyone to know. I’ll try my best to keep that fact from them, and you guys have to make it look like you don’t know the truth about me. That way, the agency can’t do anything to us. And we can probably stay in contact secretly.” I explain.

 

 

“Why, oh why this perfect Kyuhyun have to be in love with someone with such a complicated life?” He sighs jokingly.

 

 

“Because I’m too gorgeous and irresistible that you can’t help but to love me?” I give him a smile.

 

 

“What a narcissist devil.” He replies.

 

 

“So, you’re okay with it?” Surprisingly, he’s taking this well.

 

 

“There’s no other better option. If we do this, then we can save you from the media and also from our fans that might go overboard. BUT, we have to talk to each other on the phone every day!” He demands that we must keep in contact.

 

 

“Thanks empty-head. I really appreciate that.”

 

 

I pause for a moment. Then I continue:

 

 

“Hmm, actually, I’m leaving tomorrow. My treatment is complete, and I’m going to be discharged tomorrow. That’s why Junho let you stay with me for the night.” I hope he won’t be too devastated.

 

 

He nods slowly. I know that he agrees with my decision, but somehow both of us can’t help but feel sad about parting.

 

 

“Remember, you have to come back. We promised to get married. For real this time!” He holds my hands tight.

 

 

“Yeah, right. Like your fans will let you.” I laugh at his demand.

 

 

“Don’t worry. My fans love me so much that they’ll be happy for me!” He returns to living his empty-headed personality.

 

 

It’s good seeing him being himself.

 

 

“So, are you going to be okay sleeping on that couch? There’s no other pillow except for mine that you’re holding. But I guess you can just sleep fine without it, right?” I think the couch looks big and comfortable enough for him, even without any pillows.

 

 

He grins wide and gives me a suspicious look.

 

 

“You’re asking an injured person to sleep on the couch?” He asks with his fake sad tone.

 

 

“Do you want to sleep on the floor then?”

 

 

He shakes his head.

 

 

He stands up and leans closer to me. “Your pillow is with me. Do you want to share it? But…you have to share your bed then!”

 

 

“Yah, are you crazy?!” As an automatic reaction my hand just smacks his head.

 

 

“Auwwww! That hurts!” He rubs his head. “Well then, you can sleep without the pillow. And I’ll sleep alone on this cold couch, with my wounded arm.”

 

 

He drags his feet to the couch, bringing my pillow with him.

 

 

“Yah empty-head! Give me back my pillow!” I half-shout to him.

 

 

He turns around and runs towards me with a grin on his face.

 

 

“So you’re sharing your bed?! YESSS!” He throws his hands in the air.

 

 

“Ergh. I can’t sleep without a pillow. BUT, don’t you dare try to do anything funny or whatever you’re thinking in that empty head of yours, or I’ll seriously make Junho put you into coma!” Well, I can’t let him sleep on the couch. He’s injured too.

 

 

Hey, what do you know? I’m humane after all!

 

 

Besides, the bed is wide enough for the two of us. And we’ll probably not see each other for a long time. But if he tries anything funny, then he’s going to meet the floor, head first!

 

 

I make some room for him on the bed. The empty-head takes of his shoes and climbs gladly onto the bed. He places the pillow to its original position and both of us put our heads on it.

 

 

We lie facing each other. He pulls me closer and pats my head.

 

 

“The last time we faced each other like this, was when I thought you’ll never open your eyes again. Lying in that pool of blood, do you know how scared I was seeing you like that?!” He speaks in a low tone.

 

 

I smile bitterly, remembering that painful moment.

 

 

I caress his face. He closes his eyes, pleasant at my action.

 

 

“I don’t understand why your fans say you’re handsome. You’re just, not!” I joke.

 

 

“YAH!” He opens his eyes in disbelief.

 

 

He hugs me with his unwounded arm, and I rest my head on his chest.

 

 

“I had nightmares, every night. About the trauma we went through.” I confess to him.

 

 

“Starting from tonight, just forget about that and think about me. You’ll never have any nightmares anymore.” He assures.

 

 

“Why do I have the feeling that it’s going to be a worse nightmare if I only think about you before I sleep? Haha.” Listening to his heartbeat, and the way his voice vibrates puts me to a calm mood.

 

 

“Good night, empty-head.” I bid him.

 

 

“WAIT!!!” He half-shouts.

 

 

Surprised, I lift my head from his chest to look at him.

 

 

And as soon as my eyes meet his, he crushes his lips onto mine; cheekily stealing a kiss.

 

 

After we part, I jokingly reprimand him.

 

 

“Yah! How dare you steal my precious lips!” What? My lips ARE precious!

 

 

He just laughs, “You’re going to miss me a lot later. So I’m giving you a sort of like a preparation so that you can remember this when you miss me!”

 

 

He then kisses every inch of my face like a mother kisses her baby.

 

 

“Yah, yah! My face is going to drown in your saliva! Yucks!” I beg him to stop. Am I a baby or what?

 

 

Finally he stops and cuddles me again. “Finally, I get my good night kiss. Good night, devil!”

 

 

It’s still a mystery to me since when I started to fall for this idiot, and how is it even possible that I can fall for a guy like this; but nonetheless, I don’t think I can live like a person if I were to lose him now.

 

 

I really don’t want us to be separated for too long.

 

 

Because I love him too much.

 

 

And I finally get to love in my own shoes.

 

=======================================================================================================================

A/N: Finally, the reunion! I hope I don't disappoint any of you :)
Well it's totally refreshing reading your comments. Immediately after that I got an idea of editing the chapter to make it better. You guys really are awesome! Have I told you guys that I love you? Well another one can't hurt, right? I love you guys!!! :D
Enjoy the update and I'll be waiting for your responses ey ;)
Thanks a million for the love!

 

@kaylalukman : Haha, well we've got to love Ha Young for her evilness, right? ;) And apparently Junho just joined her in the evilness department, haha. Hope you'll love the update! Thanks a million for loving this!
 

@cutie2512 : Here's the update update update! Glad you loved the trolley part. Well I personally loved it too, hihi. I hope I didn't disappoint you with the prank? Anyways keep loving the story, and thanks a million for everything!

 

@crazylover2512 : So happy that you liked the previous chapter! How's the prank? Please say that I didn't disappoint you... :) Well whatever it is, I thank you so much for loving the story!

 

@kyuhoney: Thanks for loving me, and the story! So here's the couple's reunion! Hope you liked it!

 

20130820