For Being Alive, Thanks.

Loving In Another Shoe

-해린.HAE RIN-

 

Speculations about the real causes of Super Junior’s Kyuhyun’s injuries increases.

 

 

Wow, the speed of the media getting the scoop beats Usain Bolt’s record! In fact, a few hours after Donghae called me to inform about Kyuhyun a few days ago, news about him regaining consciousness already flooded the media.

 

 

And now, they’re already trying to gain interview with him and the company’s reps to dig more information. Come on people, it's only been a few days that he finally regains consciousness, can’t you just leave him alone first?

 

 

Besides, he’s still mourning. All of us are.

 

 

Ring ring ring.

 

 

I pick up the phone without bothering to have a look at the caller ID.

 

 

“Yoboseyyo.” Uninterested, I greet.

 

 

“Yoboseyo. Hae Rin-sshi? It’s Junho.” The other side introduces.

 

 

Junho? Why is he calling?

 

 

“Junho-sshi?”

 

 

“Don’t tell me you forgot about me already?” He asks in disbelief.

 

 

“Er, of course not. I’m just surprised that you called. What’s the matter?”

 

 

Who would forget someone who dedicated most of his time to protect Ha Young?

 

 

But why does he sound delighted? Shouldn’t he be grieving, somehow? As far as I know, Ha Young and he spent a lot of time together before.

 

 

“I have something important to tell you. Are you alone now?”

 

 

“Yes.”

 

 

“Okay. First and foremost, I don’t want you to freak out, so take a deep breath and listen carefully to what I’m going to say.” Okay, now he’s making me nervous.

 

 

Really nervous.

 

 

“Go on.”

 

 

“Ha Young is still alive. She’s not dead.”

 

 

I drop my phone in shock, with tears naturally forming on both eyes. Is he really telling the truth?

 

 

“Yoboseyyo? Hae Rin-sshi, are you listening?” Junho’s voice hovers in the air for a while before I’m able to get a hold of myself again.

 

 

I pick up the phone hurriedly and tries to confirm what I heard, “Do you mean it? Really?”

 

 

“I’m not lying. But there’s something about this that I need to explain. So listen carefully, and don’t drop the phone again, okay?”

 

 

Tears of joy run down my cheeks while I contain my happiness from escaping in a scream. She’s alive! Ha Young is alive! Thank you, God, thank you!

 

======================================================================================================================

-하 영.HA YOUNG-

 

‘DON’T YOU DARE LAY YOUR HANDS ON HER!’

He shouted, protesting and trying to protect me from the maniac’s erted actions.

 

 

‘Do you want to get married?’

Although I was surprised by his sudden, inappropriately-timed proposal, I couldn’t help but feel a second of happiness at that moment.

 

 

‘Why Park Ha Young? Not Lee Hae Rin?’

I realized that I wanted to be with him as my true self, not as Lee Hae Rin anymore. And I made a promise to him, to explain everything.

 

 

‘BANGGGGG!’

A bullet lodged into his arm, and I could see blood gushing out of his wound. Yet he didn’t stop running, and he didn’t let go of my hand. I was shivering, fear enveloping me with the sight of a badly wounded Kyuhyun.

 

 

‘ARGHHHHH! KYUHYUN-AH!!!!!!!’

The pain, in my back, after a knife was drove into my lungs. I wanted to get up, to reach for his hand again, but my body didn’t let me. My breaths became slower.

 

 

“AAAHHH!” I wake up from my nightmares with drops of sweats on my forehead. Tears are already falling down. The pain on my back suddenly magnifies. My breathing gets faster and uneven. I sit myself up straight on the bed.

 

 

I look around and find the room empty and dark. I know I’m at the hospital, and I know my nightmare isn’t just a nightmare. It was my memories, one of the most horrifying and painful ones.

 

 

The darkness of the room fills my mind with fear. Suddenly my whole body is shivering. My mind recalls every single thing from the incident with the maniac, and the shivers become more prominent. The trauma of it is hunting me.

 

 

“K.,Kyu…help..” I pull my knees to my chest and hug my legs, curling myself up. My mind tells me that something bad is going to happen.  Maybe the killer is not dead? What if he’s still hunting for me?

 

 

Suddenly the door opens and a silhouette of a man appears.

 

 

“Don’t come near me!” I want to scream as loud as I can, but only a timid, stuttering voice comes out.

 

 

“Ha Young? Ha Young! Are you okay?” That voice, that voice!

 

 

It’s Junho!

 

 

He turns on the light and I can finally see his face. He runs towards me in worry.

 

 

“Hh..Help..me.. Ww..where’s the kk..killer? Where’s Kk..Kyu?”

 

 

Junho looks perplexed.

 

 

“What do you mean? I told you, he woke up, and is doing fine. And I shot the killer dead. What happened, why are you like this?” He pats my shoulder and back, trying to relax me.

 

 

Then I recall everything that Junho already told me during the day, and I find myself slightly more relaxed again. I take a deep breath.

 

 

“I had a nightmare; about what happened the other day.” I confess.

 

 

Junho looks at me, returning a couple of nods.

 

 

“I wondered why you were so calm this afternoon when you woke up. But now that I see you like this, I can see that you were just holding in your trauma. Relax, everything is okay now. No one is going to harm you or Kyuhyun.” Junho hands me a glass of water.

 

 

Well, as psycho as he can be, he’s also a good friend.

 

 

“Thanks, psycho.” I feel much better with the thought that it all has ended.

 

 

“Now just get back to sleep. I just left you to get some fresh air for a while and here you go being like this by yourself. Aigoo, what a kid.” At least I got entertained by his nagging.

 

 

It’s almost sunrise anyway. I don’t think I want to get back to sleep. The nightmares would come again.

 

 

Suddenly I remember about Hae Rin. “So what did Hae Rin say? You told her about me being alive, right?”

 

 

“Yeah, I’ve got some plans to get her to visit you. But right now you still need some intensive treatment for a few more days before I can get anyone to visit you. So bear with it for just a little while. Oh, and she asked me to tell you that she’s glad you didn’t leave her.”

 

 

With a smile, I thank him. I really hope I’ll get to meet her again soon.

 

 

“And, there’s another person that I told. Ha Young, do you feel like pulling a prank on somebody?”

====================================================================================================================

-규현. KYU HYUN-

 

I wonder what she’ll do if she’s still alive now. Probably hit my head a few times and try to force me to eat my meds on time.

 

 

A bitter smile naturally forms on my face. When Donghae hyung told me about the whole truth, I was shocked that she’s not the real Hae Rin; but somehow relieved too.

 

 

Then I almost went crazy when he said the doctors couldn’t save her. She left us. I was really near crazy and depression.

 

 

Some of the hyungs even took turns cancelling their schedule to accompany me, making sure that I wasn’t left alone, especially since mom and dad are also having a hard time taking leaves from work.

 

 

Realizing that being over depressed is becoming a burden to them, I changed my attitude and plastered a fake smile every day. The hyungs are more relieved now, and everyone could continue their schedules as they normally do.

 

 

Therefore occasionally I’m left alone in the hospital and during these kinds of times that I would miss the devil the most.

 

 

Ring. Ring. Ring.

 

 

I pick up the phone that shows an unknown caller.

 

 

“Yoboseyyo.”

 

 

“Yoboseyyo. Kyuhyun-sshi, it’s Junho. Are you alone now?” He identifies himself as Junho, Ha Young’s bodyguard.

 

 

Oh, right! I never even got to express my gratitude to him for saving me the other day.

 

 

“Uh, yes, Junho-sshi.” I wonder why he called.

 

 

“Listen carefully, Kyuhyun-sshi. Don’t tell this to anyone yet, just keep it to yourself, okay? Listen. Park Ha Young is not dead. She’s still alive.”

 

 

I think my heart stops for half a second there. Then it just beats faster.

 

 

She’s alive?

 

 

Really, she’s alive!

 

 

The conversation continues as I inquire more, and Junho feeds me about the current situation. And he also instructs me on what to do next:

 

 

“We’re going to bust you out of the hospital.”

 

***

 

I’m ready for tonight. Since I don’t need the IV drip anymore, it’ll be easier.

 

 

The clock on the wall shows the time now: 10 PM.

 

 

Junho said everything is taken care of. I just need to be ready by the time he comes. He’s taking me to meet Ha Young who’s in another hospital.

 

 

The door is then opened.

 

 

“Uh, hello doctor. Is there anything that needs to be checked?” Nervous, but I try to remain calm. I didn’t expect the doctor to visit at this time!

 

 

How am I going to get out tonight and meet Ha Young?

 

 

“It’s me, Junho!” The ‘doctor’ is actually Junho in disguise.

 

 

“Dude, you really scared me! I thought I wouldn’t get to meet Ha Young tonight!” If it isn’t for my wounded arm, I would’ve strangled him for not telling me earlier that he was going to disguise as my doctor!

 

 

“Haha. Sorry, I just wanted to see your reaction! Okay, are you ready now?”

 

 

“Yes, yes, yes! Now can we go?” The longer I wait the more nervous I get.

 

 

Junho turns to the door and calls out Hae Rin’s name.

 

 

“Hae Rin’s joining us too?” I ask.

 

 

Junho gives a nod.

 

 

She enters the room, wearing all-black attire. Thank God that I already know about the Hae Rin-Ha Young look-alike issue, or else I would’ve hug Hae Rin thinking that’s Ha Young!

 

 

Wait a minute.

 

 

She’s pushing a trolley with her. It looks like the one that’s used to move corpses to and from the morgue!

 

 

“Don’t tell me…” Speculations start to form.

 

 

“Yep. The only way to get you out of here without being chased by your fans and the reporters is you leaving the hospital dead. Creative aren’t we?” With a smile of proud, Junho explains himself.

 

 

Nope. Not a chance.

 

 

“I am not going to lie on that THING where a thousand other corpses have lied on! It’s better that you throw me out the window instead!”

 

 

Hae Rin shrugs her shoulders, looking like she already expected this situation.

 

 

“Er, Kyuhyun, I know we weren’t so close before so it sounds weird that I’m doing this with you. BUT YOU BETTER GET YOUR EMPTY HEAD – AS HA YOUNG LIKES TO CALL IT, ON THE TROLLEY BEFORE I REALLY THROW YOU OUT THE WINDOW AND MAKE YOU REALLY DEAD AND LIE ON THIS TROLLEY THEN.”

 

 

Okay. Weird. And scary. Does everyone with faces like Hae Rin and Ha Young are this devilish and scary? I think so.

 

 

“Okay, on the trolley we go then!” And with a heavy heart, I hop on the trolley.

 

 

Oh, the smell of dead people. Please tell me they disinfected this at least 13,999 times.

 

 

“Alright, let’s get going. Hae Rin-sshi, you’re going to have act like your family died while walking with us. I’ll push the trolley into the van. And Kyuhyun-sshi, try not to move an inch. Let’s go!” Junho gives the final command.

 

 

They cover me with a large black sheet and start pushing the trolley.

 

 

Well, except for the fact that I’m lying on a corpse trolley and being covered like I’m really dead, this is quite a creative way to get me out of the hospital.

 

 

Ha Young, you better know that I’m walking through death to meet you. Literally!

 

 

Once we’re in the van, I get up from the icky trolley and brush off any possible spirits of dead people that may have been attached to me.

 

 

“Kyuhyun, there’s something I didn’t tell you about.” Junho suddenly utters while driving.

 

 

“What?”

 

 

“Ha Young, she’s alive. But she’s still in coma, and according to the doctors, they don’t know when she’ll wake up. She may even take years to wake up, they said. Sorry.”

 

 

My knees weaken at the news. Fall. Drops of tears fall on my clothes.

 

 

She’s alive. But she’s in coma, and probably for a long time?

 

========================================================================================================================

A/N: Finally, I can post this chapter! Actually, there's supposed to be another part of this chapter, the one about their reunion, but I decided to post this as 2 chapters because it is way way way too long to be just one chapter. So, I'll probably be posting the next chapter very soon, as soon as I decide that I'm done editing it. In the mean time, enjoy this one first!

Okay, I know you adorable people are all excited for Kyuhyun and Ha Young to meet, in fact I'm more excited to post about it soon! So I'm really sorry that I have to post it as 2 chapters okay, because it is just tooooooo long as a chapter :(

Anyway, love the comments and keep loving the story! Will be waiting for your responses! Actually I kind of lost the motivation to update fast because I didn't get to know my readers' response. But when your comments came in, I straight away continued writing and editing and brainstroming for more ideas for the update! Just wanna say you guys are the best, and I'd really like it if you leave a word or two, just so I know you're there reading ;)

 

kaylalukman: hey there! thanks for the cheer! well i was thinking of a sequel but not sure if i can be committed to it. But anyway, let's finish this one first ;) happy reading!

 

crazylover2512: i hope you did well on your finals! Well at first I thought you've forgotten about the story. But seeing that you made the time to read and comment, I take it back :) Haha, well I'm not that evil to let the main character die. I'm not fond of stories where the main dies anyway. I hope you're looking forward to the next chapter! Keep the love coming!

 

kyuhoney: Thank you for not being mad at me! Haha. Yeah, how could I let Ha Young die, right? Well I was thinking to post about the reunion in this chapter but it got too long so I'll be posting about it in the next chapter :( Sorry about that, I hope you're not mad. Oh, you can come out of the corner and stop sulking, and enjoy the update yeah! And thanks a million, for loving the story so much. I can't believe you cried for the last chapter. That really is awesome. :)

 

cutie2512: It's okay, exams come first! And sorry to keep you waiting though! Anyway, do enjoy the update, and there's another update coming real soon! Thanks so much for loving my writing. It really drives me to hear that from my readers. I'm still thinking about the possibilty of me writing a sequel or another story. But do keep loving this one for the mean time! Thanks again!

 

20130815