Fight, So That We Can Live.

Loving In Another Shoe

-하 영. HA YOUNG-

 

Argh. My throat hurts. My head too.

 

I move my hand to touch my head, but my hands’ movements are constricted. I can’t move them freely.

 

I open my eyes slowly. I’m in a small room. Very dim light. And my hands are at my back, tied tightly with a rope.

 

What the..?

 

What happened?

 

Then I hear some grumbling.

 

“Who’s there?!” I asked.

 

No answer.

 

“Yah! Who’s there?!” Again, I asked.

 

“Aishh. So noisy. Keep it down, devil.” The empty head answers.

 

You have no idea how relieved I am to be called a devil by that empty head now!

 

“Yah empty head, you’re here!”

 

I turn my head to my right and find him sitting on the floor, hands tied just like me.

 

“Duh, I was with you the whole time. Someone kidnapped us.” The empty head speaks.

 

How am I going to explain this to him? Should I, or should I not tell him about the whole truth?

 

Suddenly the door opens.

 

And the killer appears.

 

I’ve only seen him in the picture that Junho showed me. Now that I’m seeing him in person, he definitely looks more of a maniac than how he looked in the picture.

 

Speaking of Junho, where in the world is that psycho? Isn’t he my bodyguard?!

 

“We meet again, Lee Hae Rin-sshi.” The killer said.

 

Again? Oh, the first time must be when Hae Rin saw the murder.

 

“But your wounds sure heal fast.” His eyes looking at my neck.

 

Huh? When did I ever have a wound there?

 

“LET US GO! THE POLICE ARE GOING TO BE HERE ANY MOMENT!” The empty head suddenly shouts.

 

Whoah. I didn’t know you could be that brave, empty head.

 

BUKKK. BUKKK. The killer punches his face. Twice.

 

“Yahh!!” I shout in protest.

 

“Are you okay, Kyu Hyun-ah?” I’m freaking worried about him now.

 

Some blood gushes out from the corner of his lips.

 

“I’m fine.” Still, he manages a subtle smile.

 

Thank God.

 

“Try and interrupt me while I’m speaking again, and you’ll be gone in a second. Your life doesn’t matter a bit to me.” The killer threats Kyu Hyun.

 

“So, where was I? Ah yes, your wound. It sure heals fast. Well, doesn’t matter. This time you won’t escape again.” He continues.

 

Escape? That means this killer have caught Hae Rin before, and she escaped! And she has wounds on her body? How I come I know nothing of this?

 

Well, seems like I’ll just have to play along, or else he’ll notice there’re two of us. And I also hope that Kyu Hyun won’t notice anything.

 

“What do you want?!” I ask him.

 

“Well, obviously, to end your life. But before that, we had an unfinished business, remember?” The killer said.

 

How I can possibly remember, I wasn’t even with this killer the last time!

 

“I don’t want to remember.” Hah! Didn’t I say I was a genius? Well, I absolutely don’t know what the hell he is talking about, but I can’t let him find out about the two of us, right?

 

“Fine then. Let me remind you. You were going to give me your body. Every inch of it.” He finally said.

 

Ewwww. Did Hae Rin really say that to him? Well, I’m sure Hae Rin had some sort of plan. That’s why she could escape.

 

Look at this maniac. Now he looks so erted, checking out my body.

 

I’d rather go to hell twice than be by him!

 

“YAHHHH! DON’T YOU DARE LAY YOUR HANDS ON HER!” Kyu Hyun protests.

 

PANGGGGG. The killer hits Kyu’s arm with a nearby stick. Then punches him in the gut. And he’s not stopping.

 

“Arghh!” I can hear him shout in pain.

 

“STOP IT!!!” I shout.

 

The killer stops punching the empty head.

 

“If you want me, stop hurting him.” I said coldly. I don’t care what happens, but I can’t let the empty head suffer because of me. He’s got nothing to do with this.

 

“Hae Rin ahh! Don’t!” Of course, the empty head protests.

 

The killer leaves the empty head alone, and walk towards me. He grabs my shoulders and leans towards my neck.

 

“DON’T TOUCH HER!!!” Kyu screams.

 

The killer halts his movement, and takes out his gun. He points it at the empty head.

 

Gulp. Okay, now what do I do??? Think Ha Young, think!

 

“If you kill him, or hurt him anymore, you’re never going to get me. Last time you caught me, I escaped, and you didn’t get to have a taste of me, right? Do you think I won’t be able to escape again, and leave you craving for me again? I’ve got a number of ways in my mind now on how to escape. So if you don’t want me to leave you like last time, don’t touch him.”

 

I may sound calm, but my heart is racing like hell. At least I got to say something to save the empty head.

 

Then I continue.

 

“But first, let me be alone with him. I know you’re going to kill me after you’re done with me. So let me have some time with him, and then you can do anything with me. If you want to kill me later, just do it, but don’t ever touch him first before you kill me.”

 

“Aww. What a lovey-dovey scene. Makes me want to puke. Fine, do whatever you want. You’re going to be mine anyway. Say your goodbyes. I’ll be back in an hour, and I expect you to be ready for me, no retaliating. And don’t even think of escaping, or I’ll kill you both in an instant.” The killer finally agrees. But I can see how excited he is to have a taste of me.

 

Ergh. So erted. Well, the killer is somehow quite stupid, I might say. I mean, really, is he that desperate to have me that he follows whatever I’m asking for?

 

The killer leaves the room. I can hear him lock the door from outside.

 

“Are you okay? Does it hurt?” I quickly turn to the empty head.

 

His face looks bad, bruised from the punches. There’s even some blood in his mouth.

 

He just keeps quiet. I think I should apologize.

 

“I’m sorry. You had to suffer because of me. And sorry too, because I didn’t tell you about this. He’s a killer, I wi…”

 

“You think I’m mad because you didn’t tell me about this?” He cuts me at the middle of my words.

 

His voice sounds sad, yet stern.

 

“How could you offer yourself to that maniac? Even if I’m about to die, you shouldn’t offer yourself to a bastard like that!” He continues.

 

Oh. So he’s mad about that.

 

“Yah Cho Kyu Hyun. I would rather die being tortured with a spatula, than sleep with that maniac. I’m just trying to buy us some time.” I assure him.

 

He turns his face to me, with a smile.

 

“I’m sorry.”

 

“Nah, it’s okay. I should be sorry. Your face looks awful.” I feel so guilty now.

 

“Now, let’s escape from here. It’s better that both of us die, than that maniac you later!” He’s determined.

 

I think for a moment. Yeah, we could die. But then again, it’s either escaping and die getting caught, or die later after being by that maniac.

 

Both of us turn our backs to each other. First he helps me to untie my hands.

 

“Ergh, why is this so tight?” I can hear him complaining.

 

It takes a while. It’s not that easy to untie someone from the back.

 

After a while, finally, I can feel the rope loosen. I wiggle my hands and the ropes ultimately untied!

 

Both of us smile in relief.

 

Now it’s my turn to untie him. It’s easier this time since I’m already untied.

 

Finally both of us are untied.

 

“Now, let’s search for an exit.” I whisper to him.

 

Frantically, with only the dim light in the room, we search for any possible exit. Windows, ventilators, underground tunnel, a hole in the wall – anything. We’re that desperate.

 

After a while, both of us realize that there’s no way out, except for that one door which is obviously guarded by the killer’s people.

 

We sit side by side on the floor, with disappointment. Sighs can be heard coming out of our mouths.

 

“Yah devil. There’s no way out.” He exclaims.

 

“I know. Now what do we do?” I’m out of ideas.

 

A moment of silence. It seems like he’s thinking of something.

 

“Do you want to get married? To me? Now?” He suddenly asks.

 

“WHAT?!” I’m in shock, of course.

 

Well who would’ve thought to get married, while waiting to be killed by a erted maniac? There’s no human being that can voice out such thought, other than this empty head.

 

“Yah! Are you crazy? I’m going to get and killed, and you’re going to die soon too, and all you can think of now, is to get married?! Seriously?!” Well, you can say that the empty head gets a piece of my mind for being such an, empty head.

 

NOD.

 

That’s his answer? A nod?

 

SMACKKKKKK!

 

Oh yeah, as inconvenient as it seems, the empty head certainly needed a smack on his head to get him to realize the situation we’re in!

 

“Ouch, that hurts! Yah, your future husband is going to have a mental disorder if you keep hitting him on the head!” He complains.

 

SMACK AGAIN.

 

“He already has a mental disorder.” I answer coldly.

 

“Come on. There’s no exit, and we’ll probably die together because you’re really going to retaliate to avoid that maniac from you. So why don’t we just get married by ourselves now? I don’t want to die as a single hot man!” He explains.

 

Okay. As much sense as he can make, it’s still not an option! For God’s sake, we’re about to get killed and all he can think is marrying me? I would say ‘how sweet of him’, if we’re not in the circumstances given now!

 

“Please. I know it’s not going to be a real one. But, come on. Just do me this favour.” He persuades.

 

Ergh. The longer I argue, the more time we lose.

 

Let’s just do what this empty head says. It’s not a real one anyway. Just the idea of ‘getting married’ is all he wants.

 

“Fine. But skip the lengthy part and just go to our vows part okay?” I set my conditions.

 

He jumps happily like a kid, not caring that in a few minutes to come we’re both going to be corpses. I can’t help but smile. Well, this could be our last moment.

 

He holds my hand, and we face each other under the dim light.

 

“I, Cho Kyu Hyun, promise to be a good husband and love my bride unconditionally, until the day I die, which might be today, but still, I’ll love her with all my heart. Do you accept me as your husband?” He smiles.

 

“Yes, I do.” I answer, with the biggest smile I can ever give.

 

I hesitate for a moment, thinking for the right words to say. Well, this is our last moment of life anyway, so might as well just say it. So I continue:

 

“I, Park Ha Young, promise to devote my whole life to love Cho Kyu Hyun as his wife and make him happy, until the day I die, which also, might be today. But still, I promise. Do you accept me as your wife?”

 

If I want to get married to him, even if it’s not real, I want to be me, Park Ha Young. Not Lee Hae Rin.

 

His face contorts in confusion. Of course he would be. He never heard of the name, Park Ha Young.

 

“Why Park Ha Young? Not Lee Hae Rin?” He asks.

 

“I’ll tell you about it, if we survive this. But for now, we don’t have time. For now, just take it as my pet name. But later, I promise to tell you everything if we make it. I promise. So, do you trust me, and do you accept me?”

 

God, please let him trust me and not question me now, if he really loves me.

 

With a smile on his slightly bruised face, he answered, “Yes, I do.”

 

“I know announce you as husband and wife.” The empty head gladly announces.

 

He reaches my ear, and whispers.

 

“You’re the most beautiful bride. And I’m glad this empty head falls for a devil. Even if we’re always abusing each other, I really love you. I really do.”

 

“I love you too.” I replied, with tears in my eyes. I never felt so loved like this.

 

We hug each other so tightly that it’ll take a whole crowd to separate us. I clutch onto his shirt that I think it’ll rip any moment. I really, really don’t want to let go of him. And I can feel his hands on my waist, back, and hair, really not wanting to let me go either. We’re so immersed into each other. I can feel my tears rolling down my cheeks.

 

I swear I can die now, without regrets. Literally.

 

Suddenly we hear footsteps coming towards the room.

 

Is it one hour already? Now what do we do?

 

With a heavy heart, both of us break the hug. The thought of dying, leaving each other, fills my mind.

 

“I won’t let him do anything to you. Do you trust me?” He holds my hands.

 

I nod.

=========================================================================================================================

-규현. KYU HYUN-

 

I’m not letting anyone touch my bride.

 

I mess her hair a bit, giving her the hot, naughty image.

 

“Er, excuse me Mr. Groom, what are you trying to do? ‘Cause I can mess my hair myself, no need for you to help, thank you very much.” She sarcastically exclaims.

 

“That killer is damn erted. I’m a guy, I can predict how he’s like. When he sees you like this, he’ll storm towards you that he’ll forget about me who’ll be pretending like I’m fainted. Oh yeah, I’ll tie you up again, but not as tight, so that he won’t notice anything. Don’t worry, my hands will be untied. We’ll get him when he has his guards off, we’ll try to escape. But before that, I need you to play along, maintain your hot, naughty look, try smooth-talking or what, so that he would instantly go to you and won’t mind me. I’ll try to hit him or something. Arasso?” I explain my plan to her.

 

“Why do I have to do this kind of thing? Ergh.” The devil complains.

 

“Well, it can’t be ME that seduces him, right?” Well, that got her amused somehow.

 

We can hear the killer unlocking the door.

 

I give the devil one last hug and quickly lie on the floor beside the devil, pretending to pass out with my hands at my back.

 

“Are you ready for me, Lee Hae Rin-sshi?” I can hear the killer talks as he walks into the room.

 

Come on devil, I’m trusting you on this.

 

“Yeah.” She says with a bit of stutter, but somehow manages to overcome it quickly.

 

“What the hell? What happened to him?!” The killer suddenly shouts when he sees me on the floor. I can hear him taking his gun out, ready to make sure if we’re attempting something.

 

“You punched and hit him like hell, remember? Why wouldn’t he be fainted?” The devil replies with some confidence, plus a y voice. Aish, this devil, that’ too seducing, even I would fall for you again!

 

“Then, it’s just the two of us now…” I can hear the killer exclaims while leaning in towards the devil.

 

“But first!” The devil speaks, stopping the killer from whatever he’s doing. Then she continues:

 

“I get to undress you. Untie me.” She commands.

 

Hm? What is she trying to do? Is she seriously going to undress this maniac?!

 

“Be my guest, .” The killer practically surrenders himself to her. I can hear him untying the devil’s rope. I’m sure he doesn’t notice it has become loose, since he’s already in a trance with the devil’s seduction.

 

“Hm, let me see. Let’s get away from these dangerous things you have. We wouldn’t want to hurt ourselves, would we? Oh, wow, guns. Very dangerous.” The devil claims. Then I can hear her throwing it to my side.

 

So she’s removing his weapons? Good work devil!

 

“Ah, what a sharp knife.” The knife then makes its way to my side.

 

I open my eyes slowly to see what’s going on. The devil takes out another small gun from the killer’s pocket, and tosses it to me.

 

Alright, now’s the time.

 

“You know what, I’d rather die with my boyfriend than let you have me. NOW KYU HYUN!” The devil finally gives the signal.

 

I get up as fast as I can, and reach for the two guns and a knife. I hit the killer’s head with the back of the gun. He screams in pain.

 

The devil kicks him in the part that will hurt him most, pushes him away and gets up from her position.

 

“Let’s go! Just use this if you need to protect yourself.” I pass the small gun to her, and take her other hand. We run together to the door as fast as we can.

 

“Stop them!!!” The killer, still cringing in pain, commands his minions.

 

At the first sight of their minion in front of us, I point the gun towards their foot and pull the trigger. It was near, so I only missed by a little, but still, the bullets hit the side of the foot.

 

Heck, I never used a real gun, so getting near to them is the only way I would not miss them.

 

I can feel the devil’s cold hand. I know she’s scared. I am too. But seriously now I don’t have the option to be a coward.

 

BANGGGGG!

 

“Arghh!” The pain, in my left arm. One of the minions’ bullets hit my left arm.

 

“Kyu Hyun-ah!!!” The devil shouts in shock.

 

Ergh. It hurts so much. You won’t die now, it’s just pain. Bear with it.

 

“Keep running!” I shout to her. Both of us use our last bit of strength to get out from this empty house.

 

“STOPPPPPP!” I can hear the minion, along with the killer, running after us.

 

“Ahh!” The devil slips and falls down, bringing me down with her too. I can see her tears falling.

 

“We still need to get married for real, devil. Come on, get up.” I gather my strength, and she does too.

 

But they are nearing us. The effect from the punches, and bullet that I received, really hinders me a lot. I can feel lots of blood flowing out, along with my energy.

 

“Ahhhh!” Suddenly my hand loses its contact with the devil’s. I turn around and see her falling on the ground again. This time, the minion pulled her shirt and caused her to fall down.

 

She acts as brave as she can, turns around and pulls the trigger with both of her hands. The bullet hit the minion’s chest.

 

I run back towards her, but I can see the killer, along with a knife, coming near her.

 

I take her hand and pull her back up. I face forward, my hand in hers again, ready to run.

 

But then I hear another loud scream from her.

 

“ARGHHHHH! KYUHYUN-AH!!!!!!!”

 

I turn towards her.

 

And find the killer’s knife on her back. She’s already on the ground again, not moving. The killer grins at me. The most sinister grin I’ve ever seen.

 

Hae Rin ah. Hae Rin. HAE RIN!

 

The killer lifts up his knife from her back, and blood spurts out from the wound. The killer is ready to stab her once more, and I can assure that the next stab is definitely going to be fatal if the first one wasn’t.

 

I have no choice. I have to try to save her.

 

I point my gun towards the killer, with my trembling hands, aiming for his chest. I know I can never shoot it there exactly for surely I will miss. But I can just hope that the bullet will hit him somewhere.

 

BANGGG. I pull the trigger with both of my hands holding the gun.

 

The bullet didn’t hit him. It hit the wall next to him. But he was shocked at my firing. He tries again to stab Hae Rin. So I pull the trigger again.

 

KLIKKK.

 

It’s out of bullets. The killer stops what he’s doing, and grins again.

 

He seems to change his mind. Instead of stabbing Hae Rin, he moves away from her.

 

And walks towards me.

 

All I have now is a knife. But I don’t know how to use it well. And he has a knife too.

 

He walks slowly towards me, and all I could do was walk backwards slowly. I can’t run away, I can’t leave the devil behind. He might just continue to give Hae Rin the second fatal stab if I run away from here.

 

It’s better if he’s aiming at me.

 

Sorry that I couldn’t protect you Hae Rin ah. Well, I’m glad we got married. At least.

 

“YAAAAHHHHH!” The killer storms towards me with his knife.

 

I’m in position, ready to stab him, if I get the chance too. My left arm is already half killing me, since I lost too much blood. Let’s just hope I can stand in this last fight.

 

But suddenly..

 

BANGGGGGGGGGGGG!

 

The killer stops, and falls on the floor.

 

It seems like he’s been shot in the chest. I turn around to see who made the shot.

 

It’s Junho. Finally.

 

The killer can still move, and reaches for his knife.

 

PANGGGGGGG!

 

Guess what hit him now?

 

A frying pan.

 

“KYU YAHHHHHH!” I can hear people screaming my name.

 

I turn around and find Han Kyung hyung, and the others, holding broom sticks, saddle, and many more things that I can’t even list out.

 

Finally, they’re here. I can see everyone running towards me.

 

And I walk back towards Hae Rin.

 

“Hae Rin ah! Hae Rin!” I try to wake her up.

 

The amount blood gushing out fast from the deep stab is terrifying. The stab is at the level of her lungs. I just hope that it didn’t damage her lungs or heart or arteries. Please don’t leave me Hae Rin ah.

 

“Hyung! Help me! HAE RIN is.. Hae Rin is..!” My vision starts to become blurry.

 

My head feels so light, and my whole body feels like it has no energy left.

 

I fall effortlessly beside Hae Rin, able to see her visage which is facing towards me. I can see her eyes opening a little, in my blur vision.

 

“Kyu yah. P..Park Ha Yo..Young loves you. I’m s..sor..I’m sorry.” I can hear Hae Rin’s voice. She’s stuttering in pain. Her lips turn blue. Her face is pale white.

 

I love you too, my bride.

 

My brain can register no more sound, and my eyes totally shut close after that.

 

=========================================================================================================================

A/N: Okay, I actually wrote this chapter right after the previous one, but I had to edit it anc couldn't find the time, plus my finals are coming. Pray for me ey? Thank you!! Huuu.

So, it's a bit dramatic here, I hope it's good enough for you guys :)


What do you guys think will happen next? I'm really curious to know what are you imagining, 'cause your ideas and imagination always make my writing much much much better! Trust me ;)


Thanks a million to you lovely people for still reading and loving the story. As usual, leave a word, if you're not able to leave a whole sentence, just so I know you actually read it, okay? :)

And of course, I love repeating myself, because I really mean it. But I really really love my readers! And I love you more if you leave a word or two for me ;)

Enjoy the chapter, and sorry if it's not good enough :)

 

kaylalukman: And here's another update for you!!! Enjoy and leave your thoughts! ;)

kyuhoney: So here's the update! What do you think? Do you like it? Or is it just so-so? :)

crazylover2512: Thank you! I love all of my readers too! Awesome to meet another kyu-lover! Hope you'll enjoy this chap as well! :D

cutie2512: I know, I just have to make the super junior guys to be cute!! So how's this update? Is it okay??? :)

asian_star: Thanks for reading! Enjoy the update! And tell me what you think okay! ;)

 

20130620