That Thing Called Love, I'll Sue It!

Loving In Another Shoe

 

-하영.HA YOUNG-

“Let’s get you dried first. Let me see, shall I use the hair dryer? Certainly I can’t get my towels dirtied because of you using it. Hmm..”

 

Oh yes, that’s the empty head. Sadly, even after confessing his feelings for me, he still keeps his mouth in its original condition: DEADLY. Every single words coming out of his mouth is deadly, well, except when he confessed.

 

SMACK.

 

Don’t know why, I feel like smacking myself.

 

“Nah, I don’t think I’ll need to use your stinking towel anyway, I’ll just go home. See ya empty head!”

 

I know, it’s AWKWARD. I repeat, AWKWARD!

 

Darn it, the agency should have trained me to handle a situation like this. Again, I’m definitely filing a complaint to the agency! Oh yeah, first thing tomorrow!

 

“Okey, see ya short legs!” He said.

 

That’s it. THAT’S IT? That’s all he said?!?!?!

 

Ergh, so much with all the lovey dovey confession at the pool, that’s all he has to say now? ‘See ya short legs?’

 

You know what, fine, I have nothing against that. I face my back to him; ready to walk away from the dorm. I can hear the dorm’s door being closed; I guess he really doesn’t have anything to say.

 

Sigh. What did I do that I get to fall in love with this stupid empty head?

 

After talking to myself for a while, I start to walk towards the elevator. When the doors opened, I entered. I press the button to ground floor, and the doors start to close.

 

“WAIT!”

 

I’m not joking; seriously, it’s like in the movies! No kidding. As the elevator doors are almost meeting one another, suddenly a hand interrupted in the middle, and the doors start opening again.

 

Okay, in my mind this goes in VERY slow motion: the doors opening slowly, and little by little the empty’s head face appeared.

 

Yes people, it’s CHO KYU HYUN, that stupid empty head.

 

I don’t know why, I almost jumped of happiness, but my intention got ruined once I hear him complain that his hands hurt because he had to stop the elevator doors.

 

“Ouch! Yah short legs! How could you go first? You ruined my hands you know!”

 

“Er, I don’t think you need your hands to sing, do you?”

 

The usual fatal words come out. He enters the elevator, but then presses the stop button after the elevator closes to make the elevator stop.

 

“Aish! I want you to compensate for the damage you caused to my hand!” And of course, his paranoia of his precious body.

 

“Nobody told you to stop the elevator’s door, empty head.” Hah, beat that empty head!

 

He doesn’t say anything, but then he hands me something. I was so surprised before that the stopped the elevator I didn’t realize what he had in his hands.

 

A towel. A big hoodie.

 

Gulp. He went into the dorm to get me these? But of course, I can’t let myself look so weak this easily.

 

“No thanks. I don’t need your fans beating me up because I used the stuff they gave you. I respect them you know.” I said with confidence, while inside only God knows how cold I am because we dived in the pool.

 

“For once I’m being nice, well, actually I’ve always been nice. But then again, I’m putting my ego down to make sure you don’t get sick, so treat me nicely short legs. Plus, these are all my stuff, bought with my own money.” He said calmly.

 

Wow, it is true then. His parents raised him well. Man with manners, finally, he has real manners! Yeay! This is so going to make tomorrow’s headlines! Cho Kyu Hyun really has manners!

 

Well, I am really cold. So let’s just put our ego aside tonight shall we?

 

“Thanks.” I quickly put on the hoodie and pull it up until it covers my head. Ah, so much warmer.

 

“I’ll send you off until downstairs.” Okay, seriously, his manners are freaking me out! But in a nice way.

 

He just smiles like a child. Wow, he’s that happy to send me off!

 

Even with the hoodie I still feel chilly, so I take the towel from his hands. But he doesn’t want to let go of it.

 

“Hello, can I use the towel to dry off my hair? It’s still freezing cold you know?”

 

“You should have taken off your wet shirt first before putting on the hoodie you know, that way you won’t feel so cold anymore.” He said.

 

“Yah ert! You expect me to take off my clothes in front of you?!?!”

 

He chuckles.

 

“What, you’re shy?” He asked.

 

SMACK! SMACK! SMACK!

 

Okay, he asked for it, I just had to smack him, just in case the wires in his head got tangled after a dive in the pool.

 

“Ouch! I was just joking you short legs!” He complained.

 

Well, who told you to joke like that!

 

Before I can even smack him in the head for joking like that, he stands next to me in the static elevator.

 

He pulls my hoodie down, and starts to dry my hair with the towel.

 

“At least let’s dry your hair. See, I am a gentleman after all!” He said while drying my hair gently with the towel.

 

Wow, I never felt so loved like this! Even this simple action! Thank you God. I promise to be nicer to animals after this, I promise!

 

So he just dried my hair, while both of us just smile. While doing that, I feel sleepy and my head accidentally landed on his chest.

 

“Oops, sorry.” I raise my head again.

 

He stops drying my hair, and pulls me closer to him, cuddling me with his hands.

 

Okay, I’m not lying; seriously this is much better than using a blanket to warm yourself. Seriously.

 

“Thanks empty head.” I said.

 

“I know. I’m such a gentleman.” He jokes, and hugs more tightly. He hums a song, unfamiliar but it sounds soothing.

 

We stayed that way for a while until I feel warm enough. Well if according to us, we would have stayed like that until morning, but I know that Eeteuk will go running around panicking about Kyu Hyun missing tomorrow.

 

As if he can read my mind, he let go of me slowly, and gets up to press the button to the ground floor, causing the elevator to move again.

 

Then he stands beside me, putting his hand around my shoulders while gently rubs my arm so that he can produce some warmth. All the while, I just notice that he is also soaking wet, but he only attended me, not himself.

 

Being a thankful and nice person I am, I take the towel from his hand and dries his hair. He looks at me, surprised, but still, a smile forms.

 

“You need me to stop the elevator again?” He asked.

 

“No need.” I replied. He looks a bit disappointed.

 

Then I personally press the stop button, and the elevator stops, AGAIN. “I’ll stop it myself.” I said with a smile.

 

Okay, seriously, I think this elevator is going to get jammed because we keep stopping it. But hey, there’re people in love here, that’s what important!

 

I lift my arms to continue drying his hair, but he stops me.

 

“My hair isn’t that long you know, it’ll dry by itself after this.” He said. “Just, keep ME warm for a change. After this maybe we’ll never get a chance like this.”

 

I hug him tightly, while tears form in my eyes. I don’t know why I feel so sad, but I feel like I’ll be losing him, what with Hae Rin and Donghae thingy going on, and I’m only a substitute.

 

Kyu Hyun, while still hugging me, extends his hands to press the ground floor button again. And we stayed like that until the elevator reaches the ground floor.

 

The next morning, I wake up, trying to figure out if I was only dreaming last night. But when I see his hoodie on the bedside, I’m positive it’s not a dream.

 

Something suddenly comes to my mind. Donghae and Hae Rin kissing? I seriously need to ask Hae Rin about this!

 

“Hae Rin ah, can I come in,? I need to talk to you.” I asked while knocking on her door.

 

“Yeah, sure.”

 

“Hae Rin ah. I really like you, and I consider us like sisters, so can you please tell me what’s going on with you and Hae?” Straight forward question.

 

Hae Rin looks a bit shocked, but somehow she calms down. Maybe she’s already expecting this.

 

So she spilled the beans. Told me about the stinky fish confessing, and how Kyu saw them.

 

“Who told you, Ha Young ah?” Hae Rin asked.

 

Okay, now is the time for me to panic. Come on, come on, let’s have some brain exercise here, shall we? And think on what excuse I should give! I can’t tell her Kyu and I confessed too! And the whole pool and elevator thingy!

 

“Oh, that empty head just slipped his tongue about ‘me’ and Hae kissing.” I answered calmly.

 

100 points for my genius brain! Long live Ha Young!

 

“Well, I should be going now. I promised them dumplings. Are you going to be okay here? If you’re bored you can just call me you know. I’ll be running back here just for you!” I joke while heading out.

 

Hae Rin laughs, and says she’s just fine.

 

Sigh. Now what am I going to do? There’s this stupid empty head which I apparently love but I can’t tell him the situation because of the agency and all. And Hae Rin also told me that the fish and monkey couple already know the full story. Yet, I still can’t tell anyone about me and Kyu, it’ll just get more complicated. And the dorks already know that Hae likes Hae Rin, so I can’t just barge in as Hae Rin and says I love the empty head.

 

ARGHH! My brain is officially collapsing!

 

=========================================================================================================================

-규현.KYU HYUN-

 

500.

501.

502.

503.

504.

What the… that short legs should have been here 504 seconds ago! Why is she sooooooo late!!!

 

Okay people, this is not the normal me, but I’m pretty positive this is normal-in-love-people reaction! Right? I’ve read about this somewhere in the Gamer’s Manual. Oh yeah.

 

“Morning guys!” Finally, she’s here!

 

I run to my bedroom’s door, can’t wait to see the short legs but stops in the middle of that process to calm myself down and maintain my ‘cool’.

 

As usual, the beautiful sight of our members running towards the food, ah, has the scene ever looked this beautiful?

 

I turn my sight towards the short legs, and BOOM!

 

Suddenly I get a heart attack.

 

What in the world? What is she trying to do?

 

That short legs’ legs doesn’t look that short anymore! WHY, you may ask. Well it’s because she’s wearing such short pants!

 

What is she thinking?!?! Is she trying to have all the men and insects in the neighborhood to look at her?

 

That’s it!

 

As the members are swarming over the food, I pull her into the store room.

 

“Okay, explain why you’re wearing a 6 year-old girl’s pants.” I demand.

 

She chuckles.

 

Excuse me, I’m being dead serious here! But she just continues to laugh.

 

“Yah, I’m serious. You really want all the members, and men of Korea to see your legs?”

 

“You’re saying my pants are short? It’s just nicely above my knee, and I’ve even worn shorter pants, I didn’t hear you complain then.” She answered.

 

“Well, that was before, now it’s different!” I retaliate.

 

“Really, what’s different?” She provokes.

 

“Er, well, before was before, now, we’re, er, w-we’re, you know, we’re like, you know, erm, y-yesterday we.. Er, well, you know!” Darn it, why am I stuttering! What am I supposed to say?

 

She grins and says, “I don’t know, what are you trying to say here, stuttering empty head?”

 

Suddenly I return her grin with a smirk. Now she looks shocked.

 

“You really want to know what I’m trying to say?” I replied.

 

She nods.

 

“I won’t tell you!” I said.

 

“Come on, what were you trying to say? We were what? What about yesterday?” She provokes me while chuckling.

 

“Fine, I won’t tell you, I’ll just show you then!” I push her gently against a wall, put my hands beside her face, and lean closer to her in that small store room.

 

As I’m getting closer, she ducks and escapes from the store room!

 

Darn it! She turns to me while smiling and sticking out her tongue, and continues to join the other members.

 

God, what have you done to me? I’m crazy for a devil! I'm definitely going to sue that thing called LOVE! It totally made me a wacko now!

 

When I join the others in the living room, I can see the devil sitting on the couch, watching television. I grab a small towel from my room and sit beside her.

 

“Hey, I think this can help.” I lay the towel on her lap, covering some parts of her legs.

 

Hey, at least the people in the television program she’s watching won’t stare at her gorgeous legs!

 

SMACK. Okay, maybe I should see a psychiatrist. This is so not me.

 

The other members are busy doing their own stuff, nobody really cares about us. I take her hand and put it in mine. And the warmth crawls onto my whole body, I just feel so nice, so peaceful, so in LOVE. I glance at her, and I can see she’s smiling, while she’s caressing my hand.

 

“Yah short legs!” Suddenly Donghae hyung calls her.

 

We’re both shocked that we let go of each other’s hands.

 

“What do you want fish?” She asks.

 

“I can’t find the chicken I told you to bring. Are you sure you bought it? I can’t find it!” Donghae hyung yells.

 

“Aish, stay away from the food, I’ll find it myself. I’m sure it’s there along with other food as well!” She gets up to go help Donghae hyung.

 

I pull her hands softly, making an expression asking if she would not go to Donghae hyung and just stay with me. She sits down again, whispering something to me, smiles, and gets up to go help hyung. Although I feel relieved, I still can’t kill jealousy.

 

I love you, not anyone else.” I keep replaying the words she whispered, to relieve myself from this unbeatable jealousy.

 

=========================================================================================================================

-해린.HAE RIN-

 

It’s been more than a week since the Kyu Hyun and Ha Young’s pool incident.

 

Oh yes, I know everything about it! Of course Ha Young didn’t tell me, but I certainly have two dorky spies at the dorm, that’s what keeping me from being bored at home.

 

Hae saw them at the rooftop pool, and Hyuk saw Kyu Hyun running to the elevator where Ha Young was in, and God knows what they did in there!

 

So the jealousy plan is going on nicely. My dorky fish reported that Kyu and Ha Young are always trying to stick together, but they try to make it subtle. Even the members don’t notice it. And the fish was proudly saying that his detective fishy eyes were able to detect their subtle actions!

 

Aigoo. We need a plan to force Ha Young to tell Kyu about her not being the real Hae Rin.

 

Screw the agency, who cares about the killer? I’ve confronted him once, and am not afraid to do it again. What I want is that those two idiots, who are in love, be together! And it’s nicer if Ha Young told him herself, who she really is. Then we can all have our normal loving lives!

 

So, what do we need to do know? Up until now, Hae has been interrupting their moments to make Kyu jealous. I’m surprised at how much Kyu likes Ha Young, that he can still be patient and trust her, although he saw me and Hae kissing before.

 

He definitely loves her so much!

 

TING!

 

Okay, I got a plan. Oh yes, I’m the mastermind here, and together with the two dorks, we’ll make this great plan a success!

 

MUAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA!

 

Okay, enough with the diabolical laugh, let’s get to work, people!

 

=========================================================================================================================

A/N: Finally, after years of hiatus. I'm terribly sorry that I was gone for a very, very, very long time! I know, I've been saying sorry for so many time, but that doesn't help with the story being unwritten right? But still, all I can say is sorry, really, I feel so bad about myself.

 

And I didn't forget about this story, but I can't make enough time to write. I don't want to write half-heartedly, it's not fair for you lovely readers. But then again, you guys waited for so long. Now I can only hope my old readers will still read this, and I welcome my new readers with all my heart. I love you guys, seriously!

 

And this chapter is probably boring, but that's what I got for now, I hope you'll still enjoy it, and do leave comments and subscribe. By reading your comments that I feel a great need to write again. And it's been long since I wrote, so I hope you'll forgive me for grammar mistakes, or even if it's boring.

 

I really wanted to reply to the previous comments, but I lost track of which comment I have replied and which I have not, so I think it's just better to say it here.

TO ALL MY READERS: THANK YOU SO SO SO SO MUCH FOR READING AND LOVING THE STORY! I APPRECIATE I VERY MUCH, AND I'M TERRIBLY SORRY FOR THE LONG HIATUS, FOR THE LONG WAIT. I REALLY HOPE YOU GUYS WILL CONTINUE ENJOY THIS STORY, GIVE IT LOTS OF LOVE. DO LEAVE COMMENTS, I FIND THEM INSPIRING, DOESN'T MATTER SHORT OR LONG. THANK YOU SO MUCH AGAIN :)