What's With The Mood?

Loving In Another Shoe

 

-규현.KYU HYUN-

 

Just, what exactly is this?

 

I don’t get the slightest idea of what is going on in front of me. Neither do I know why my heart feels like it’s having a heart attack.

 

I don’t know why, but I naturally coughed. I coughed on my own saliva. Is it too much of a shock for me?

 

But why in the world would it be? Do I really need to care?

 

Yah, Cho Kyu Hyun, get out of here, now! It’s none of your business!

 

I walk back to my room, forgetting the real reason why I went out – to drink some water.

 

Instead, my eyes behold a scene that I have never thought would happen, although I had hints that this would occur.

 

My beloved hyung, Donghae hyung, and the short legs, hugging, and kissing in the living room.

 

That Lee Hae Rin, why is she kissing him? Donghae hyung, why are you kissing her?

 

Do you like each other? Do you love each other?

 

Of course, every member in the group knows that. But I actually thought that they were just joking around.

 

I guess they’re not.

 

And I even have the thought that I am falling for the devil!

 

Slap.

 

Ouch.That slap actually hurts.

 

I can’t believe my feelings would be stirred like this.

 

As I lie on my bed once again, I whisper to myself.

 

“I am Cho Kyu Hyun. I know Lee Hae Rin. She’s a devil whom Hae hyung likes, and apparently, love. I must be a fool for saying this, but I actually had the guts to think that the devil might like me. And I must be an idiot for actually starting to fall for her. But I’m Cho Kyu Hyun. I don’t take away what my hyung likes, and I don’t fall for that kind of girl. I know Lee Hae Rin. She likes my beloved hyung, and that’s just the way it is. I’m Cho Kyu Hyun. I have never been wrong in my life, ever. This is the first time, and the last time that I have been wrong because I thought she’s starting to like me. It’s a mistake I made and regret. Because I’m Cho Kyu Hyun, I leave my mistake behind and get over it. I know Lee Hae Rin. She’s just a girl I happen to know.”

 

As I’m whispering to myself, I close my eyes and imagine her face. I hold the cube candy in my hand. Maybe this is the reason why she left the cube candy and never looked for it again.

 

This is going to be the last time she’ll ever appear in my dreams.

 

Because I’m Cho Kyu Hyun, the great guy, this is the first and last time my precious tears are falling, for a girl.

 

I thought my heart went wrong when I say that I’m starting to like her. But seeing the condition that I am now, I think I’m in love with her.

 

I haven’t figured it out since when did I have that stupid feeling. But I guess that doesn’t even matter a bit now.

 

Let’s just throw away whatever feeling that is.

 

Let this be the best sleep I can get.

 

Tomorrow is another story.

 

I know, The Great Guy Cho Kyu Hyun is behaving like this, it’s impossible. I don’t even know why I’m behaving like this. I don’t even feel like joking around or smacking myself.

 

Just, let me sleep.

 

==============================================================================

-해린.HAE RIN-

 

“Hae ah. Did you see him?” I ask him as soon as Kyu enters his room and disappears from our sight.

 

Hae just nods.

 

“Although at this time I would be happier to see a ghost than to see Kyu, but I know that’s him,” he said.

 

Shoots.

 

Okay, I know we planned to make Kyu jealous, so he can realize his feelings for Ha Young, but we totally didn’t plan that Donghae would confess and we would kiss in the living room. And to top that up, Kyu saw us!

 

He is going to be freakingly mad!

 

Why?

 

Because we know he likes Ha Young, whom he thinks is Hae Rin.

 

We wanted to make him jealous, not break his heart.

 

“Now what do we do?” I asked.

 

Hae starts to think for a while. It’s very, very rare that you see him being so serious like this.

 

“It’s okay. You should go home first and rest. It’s late.” He assures me with a smile.

 

I nod and walk towards the door.

 

I have mixed feelings. I feel so happy and blissful that the fish finally confessed, but now I’m worried about Kyu and Ha Young.

 

“Hae Rin ah,” the fish called.

 

I turn back to look at him.

 

“Sorry. It’s because I confessed, that Kyu saw us, and probably is being damn mad right now. I kind of ruined our plan, right? Went a bit overboard.” He said.

 

I was about to say that it’s okay and I don’t mind, but he then he continued his words.

 

“But I don’t regret it. We’ll think of something. Good night.” He smiles and sends me off.

 

A smile automatically forms on my face.

 

=======================================================================================================

-동해.DONG HAE-

 

As I close the door behind me after sending Hae Rin to her car, I take a deep breath as I enter the dorm again.

 

1.

 

2.

 

3.

 

“Oh. My. God! Shoots!!! WHAT DO I DO? WHAT DO I DO? EOTTOHKE?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!”

 

I scream as loud as I can, in my mind, of course, since everyone else is sleeping.

 

Geez, I managed to keep a cool image when sending Hae Rin off, but now it’s time to P.A.N.I.C!

 

I gulp down a glass of water to calm myself down.

 

Take a deep breath fishie. Huuuuhhh.

 

SMACK. Still not calm.

 

I wash my face.

 

Huh. Then I relax a bit.

 

Okay, now what do we do? Kyu is going to be a crazy, mad magnae!

 

I tip-toe to his room and take a peek inside.

 

I can see him lying on his bed. He’s sleeping already? Well, at least that’s good.

 

He seems to be holding something in his right hand but I can’t have a good look at it since it’s dark.

 

Oh well, let’s just call it a night then.

 

With my head on my pillow, preparing to sleep, I can’t stop remembering the moment in the living room before.

 

Finally, I confessed.

 

And damn, it feels so good! Long live the fish!

 

Tell to the sharks, I’m in LOVE! And she loves me back!!!

 

And we’ll think about Kyu tomorrow. Now, let’s have some sleep.

 

=============================================================================

-하영.HA YOUNG-

 

I wonder how the idiots are doing now?

 

Ever since Hae Rin got back from the dorm a few weeks ago, she’s smiling like a crazy person. And I really do mean it.

 

It creeps the hell out of me.

 

Well, she’s probably too happy because she got to meet the guys, and also, that stinky fish. Oh, when will the two of them confess anyway? It’s so obvious that they like each other!

 

Anyway, I should get ready. I’m going to visit the dorks at their dorm this evening.

 

And yeah, it’s been weeks! Not just days! That’s like, a REALLY long time. And I still can’t believe the killer isn’t caught yet!

 

The Super Junior guys are so damn busy; they’re releasing a new album. That’s what Hae Rin told me.

 

“Hae Rin ah, I’m going to see the guys! See you later!” I bid to Hae Rin before I leave for the dorks.

 

I see Junho waiting for me outside the house.

 

“Yo psycho!” I grin widely. Don’t ask me people, I don’t even know why I’m being this happy.

 

Junho takes a weird look at me. Wait! Did he notice that the Hae Rin who went to see Super Junior the last time was the real Hae Rin?

 

God, please don’t let him notice!

 

“What’s up with you? Grinning all the way to your ears, it’s scary!” Junho exclaims while getting into his car.

 

Pheww. He didn’t notice.

 

Yeah, now he uses his own car to guard me, we don’t sit in the same car like usual because the agency thinks it’ll be a bit inconvenient.

 

Well, no problem with that. It’s not like I’ll die if I don’t sit in the same car with my psychotic bodyguard anyway. HAHA

 

After a few minutes of drive, we finally arrive at the dorm.

 

Along with the food I’m bringing to stuff their mouth with, I walk to their dorm. Still, I just can’t get rid of the smile on my face.

 

Maybe because I miss the guys?

 

SMACK.

 

What? You grow quite fond of the idiots when you get tortured by them.

 

I ring the doorbell.

 

“It’s not locked Hae Rin ah!” Eeteuk shouted from inside.

 

Aish! Can’t these guys be a gentleman and at least help me open the door since my hands are full with their food?!

 

Oh well, stupid of me to expect such things from that these dorks anyway.

 

“FOOD!!!!!!”

 

And as you might expect, seconds later, the guys run towards me like I’m a prey.

 

I squat on the ground, cover my head, and leave the food on the floor. Save yourself!

 

It’s a jungle I tell you, a jungle!

 

“Thank you Hae Rin ah! Next time, can you bring us dumplings?” Shindong said.

 

“I’ll bring the whole supermarket next time. Have no worries.” I laugh.

 

I look around, scanning my eyes all over the place.

 

“SHORT LEGS!!! I MISS YOU!!!” Suddenly the fish comes storming at me, and before I can even throw anything at him, he hugs me.

 

Er, hello? Am I missing something here? Or is the fish missing his brain?

 

And 1, 2, 3…

 

SMACK!
 

“AWWW!!!” The fish let go of me and Hyuk comes running at him to rub his head.

 

“Yah! I thought I was going to die of suffocation!” I screamed.

 

Donghae just smiles like he just did nothing.

 

What the heck was the hug for? Ah, I guess he misses Hae Rin THAT much. Boy, he really likes her!

 

Aw, so cute of the fishie.

 

“BOOM!!!!!!” The sounds of bombs and shots are suddenly heard.

 

Of course, the empty-head and his video game. Darn it! I want to play too!!!

 

“Yah empty-head, are you on strike or what? Don’t you wanna eat?” I shouted from the kitchen.

 

Silence.

 

Hello again? What is up with this dorm?

 

First the fish comes hugging me all of a sudden. Now the empy-head is deaf?

 

“Yah! IS YOUR EAR WAX TOO THICK?!!!” I shouted again.

 

Still, no answer.

 

But then the whole room turns their attention to me. Except for the empty head, of course.

 

Yesung bat his eyes a few times at me. Eww, does he have eye sickness or something?

 

Then Ryeowook shakes his head.

 

Heechul pouts his mouth as if he’s about to kiss someone. Wait, he’s not pouting his mouth. It seems like he’s trying to say ‘shoooosh’ to me, silently.

 

Wait a minute! You’re trying to shoosh me?! What did I even say wrong that you want me to shut up?

 

Ah, now I get it. They’re all signaling me to shut up.

 

“What? Did I say something or what?” I asked innocently.

 

Then I heard no more sounds of bombs and fireguns. The empty head has stopped playing his games.

 

He comes to the kitchen, grabs some food, walks to his room, and slams the door behind him.

 

… WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?!

 

“YAH! ARE YOU HAVING MENSTRUATION OR WHAT?!!!” I screamed as loud as I can.

 

The moment I finish my sentence Kangin puts his hand on my mouth to shut me up.

 

Ew, his hand smells like, well, food of course.

 

BITE.

 

“AWW!!!” He screamed after I bit his hand.

 

“Yah, what is wrong with you guys anyway? I brought food; I thought you guys would be happy. But then, you’re acting reallyyyyyyyy weird. Hold on! Is the food poisoned?! Oh, yes! I’m finally getting my revenge!” I said.

 

Normally, someone would start screaming back at me, or a pan would have landed on my head, or someone would stuff something in my mouth.

 

This time, silence. Nothing. Not a single word from the guys.

 

Weird.

 

“Yesung, you do know that your turtle can’t fly from the 12th floor right?” I start to threaten.

 

“W..wh..what are you going to do to him?” He startled.

 

“Nothing. UNLESS you don’t start telling me what the hell is going on in here?” I continued.

 

Eeteuk hyung comes forward, looking at me straight in the eyes.

 

“Hae Rin ah. We don’t know what’s going on too. I think something’s wrong with Kyu. He’s always seems like he’s mad or angry about something. But he doesn’t tell us what it is. And we’re freaked out too.” He explained.

 

“Yeah, he even starts to lose in his video games. Which, RARELY happens!” Shindong butts in too.

 

I was about to say something when Sungmin said,

 

“Maybe it’s because of Eunmi? Somehow maybe she contacted him again? Who knows?”

 

Uh, right. That pretty, rich girl who’s head over heels for the empty head.

 

My mood suddenly turns gloomy.

 

Aish, who cares anyway? Let him be all mad or what, like I care.

 

I don’t even know why I bother to be so happy to see the empty head anyway.

 

And yes, after a few weeks, I still can’t find the cube candy. I’ve searched the entire Seoul and still can’t find it!

 

Okay, that might be an exaggeration, but you get what I mean.

 

Great, now, no cube candy plus no bickering with the empty head. I came to the dorm for nothing then.

 

I shrug my shoulder and smile, pretending like nothing happened. The guys are still surrounding me.

 

“Hey, let him be. Let’s just enjoy the food! Shall we?!” I try to cheer up the mood.

 

Geez, I don’t even know why I bother to cheer them up while I feel like tearing up.

 

Well, since the guys are not always this free because of their hectic schedule, I guess they deserve to enjoy despite their magnae is behaving like a mad man.

 

So I pull out the board game that they keep in the store, and get the whole room to play. Except for the empty head.

 

Well, some of the members are watching a game show on television and laughing like a maniac, and some are on the computer, but hey, it seems like they’ve shaken the thought about empty head off their mind for a while and are having fun.

 

After a while, the guys seem sleepy. I glance at my watch.

 

11.45?!?!?!

 

It’s almost midnight?!

 

I dig through my bag to get my phone. Missed calls from Junho – 10.

 

I sneak to the store room and call him.

 

“Yah!” Before I can say anything the psycho scream at me from the other line.

 

“Yah, is your watch broken or what?!!! Don’t you know the time?!!!” He screamed through the phone.

 

“10 missed calls? Only 10? Are you sure you’re my bodyguard? Aren’t you worried about me or something?” I whisper, since I can’t talk loudly here.

 

“Yah! You think I’m your husband or what?” He asked back.

 

Aish, this psycho.

 

“I’m still at the dorm area, and I know you’re safe with the guys in there. Why would I call too many times just to waste my phone battery? You think I don’t need to call my girlfriend?” Junho continued.

 

Well, he does have a point there.

 

“Well, since it’s really late, you want to stay over there or what?” He asked.

 

“Hm, don’t know yet. Just stay still in your car, and I’ll tell you when I’ll go back.” I said and hang up.

 

I walk towards the living room and suddenly Donghae pulls my hand to the kitchen.

 

“Yah, yah fishie! My hand is precious you know!”

 

“Shhh, short legs, listen, we’re going to do a surprise!” He said excitedly.

 

I’m confused. Surprise? For who?

 

“It’s Kyu birthday after tomorrow! We’re going to celebrate it at 12!” The fish continued.

 

Birthday? The empty head?
 

Whoah, it’s been so long that I didn’t see them, I didn’t realize that time flies.

 

“I think he’ll love it! We’ll do it simple, just get a cake and sing a birthday song. And plus, I think he’ll get rid of his angry attitude or whatever.” The fish seems so excited.

 

Wow, I love how these dorks love each other!

 

“Yeah, cool.” I answered.

 

Suddenly the other members come to the kitchen. It’s 10 minutes to 12.

 

“I got the cake!” Siwon said.

 

“Here’s the candle.” Eeteuk holds the candle.

 

“Matches? Lighter?” Heechul asked.

 

“Here!” Kangin answered.

 

“I got the cake knife.” Ryeowook happily claims.

 

Wow, everyone seems to be so excited.

 

“So, what can I do? I didn’t even know.” I asked the guys.

 

Suddenly, I get this scary looks from the guys. Really, really, scary.

 

“Okay, don’t tell me I have to kill him or something! Because I would gladly do it but then the fans are going to kill me!” I blurted.

 

“Nah, we wouldn’t want to kill our magnae on his birthday of course! You’ll just, stuff some cake on his face! Simple!” Eeteuk said.

 

WHAT?

 

“WHAT? Why me? Yah! Why don’t you guys do it!” I protested.

 

“Come on, Hae Rin ah! You can do it, and the worst he’ll do is kill you! But if we do it, then he’ll torture us because he sees us every single day! Please, Hae Rin ah!” The guys pleaded.

 

Right. What’s there to lose right. The worst I could get is being killed. Piece of cake. Right.

 

Donghae loks like he wants to say something, but he just shrugs his shoulder and acts normal again.

 

“Hey fishie, why don’t you do it?!” I challenged him.

 

“Nooo. I can’t do that to my beloved dongsaeng!” He said while smiling. But it sure feels like he’s hiding something. Oh well, let the fish be. He’s probably up to something, fishy.

 

“It’s almost time!” Hankyung said.

 

Siwon brings the cake, while everyone else tries to cover him.

 

The march towards Kyu’s room, and open the door. Everyone enters the room, still hiding Siwon from Kyu’s view.

 

Eeteuk, with a serious face walk towards the empty head.

 

When the empty head realizes the guys are coming into his room, I notice he suddenly hides something into his pocket.

 

“Kyu yah, we need to talk to you.” Eeteuk said.

 

With a serious face like a lion ready to attack its prey, Kyu faces Eeteuk.

 

“What is it hyung..” He asked reluctantly.

 

GULP.

 

He really does look like he’s agitated about something. Eeteuk on the other hand looks like he almost peed in his pants! God, I can’t believe how they’re scared to death of their youngest member when he’s mad.

 

“Well, actually, WE need to say something.” Eeteuk answered.

 

The empty head looks perplexed and turns his gaze towards the other members.

 

“HANA! DUL! SET!”

 

“SAENGIL CHUKHAHAMNIDA! SAENGIL CHUKHAHAMNIDA! SARANGHANEUN CHO KYU HYUN, SAENGIL CHUKHAHAMNIDA!!!” Everyone sings in unison. Everyone gives way to Siwon to bring the cake to the empty head.

 

“Saengil Chukhahae!” Everyone shouts at the top of their lungs. Geez, I hope the neighbor won’t file a complaint for the noises these dorks caused.

 

And for a moment there, I can see the empty head smile.

 

Well, seeing him look so angry before, but now he’s smiling, I smiled too, without realizing it.

 

“Thanks hyungs.” Although it’s short, but it does sound sincere.

 

He thinks for a while, probably making a wish, and blow the candles off.

 

“Aigoo! Our magnae isn’t mad anymore!” Heechul shouts.

 

Really? He’s fine already? Geez, is his hormone unbalanced or what, to be having mood swings?

 

The empty head just smile without saying anything. Well, it’s still weird how he doesn’t throw out any sarcasm or so, but at least it’s better than him having the agitated look.

 

Hey,we don’t even know what he’s mad about, but at least he looks a bit fine now.

 

Yesung gives me the signal, to put some cake on the empty head’s face. Well, I guess it’s my cue now!

 

Here we go!
 

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY EMPTY HEAD!!!” I shouted and TADAA!! Some cake is already on his face!

 

Fast, aren’t I? Aigoo, I’m so proud of myself!!

 

Then the whole room laughs out loudly! Everyone laughs, EXCEPT, the empty head.

 

The laughs suddenly cease when they realize the empty head isn’t laughing along.

 

He walks towards Siwon who has the cake, and then towards me.

 

With a piercing gaze, he smashes some cake on my face. All the other members start to laugh again!
 

“AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA!”

 

But I couldn’t.

 

He didn’t do it as a joke, just like everyone thought.

 

I saw his face, very clearly, even though it’s mostly covered with cake. He wasn’t kidding around when he put cake on my face. It’s more like, he’s mad at me. Really, really mad.

 

Hey, what did I do wrong?

 

Normally I would have already toss an oven to his head, but this isn’t normal times. He’s not acting normal.

 

I try to force a smile since everyone else is laughing.

 

The empty head steps out of the room, and so did the others. They bring the party to the living room.

 

The empty head excuses himself to the bathroom, while everyone else is busy joking around and laughing. Donghae seems to be following him too.

 

Right. Donghae.

 

He’s acting some sort of weird tonight.

 

God, everything is just so weird. What is wrong with the empty head anyway?

 

Yesung comes to me and stare at my face.

 

“Er, hello? Is there anything on my face? Other than cake?” I ask sarcastically.

 

Then Yesung takes a bit of the cake icing from my face and tastes it.

 

“Hm, not bad. Chocolate suits your face!” He said while laughing.

 

“Yah!” I start to give chase.

 

==============================================================================

 

-동해.DONG HAE-

 

Weird. I know. That’s what they say about Kyu’s behavior lately.

 

Everyone seems to wonder what happened to him, but he didn’t even tell anyone.

 

Hey, it doesn’t take a genius to figure that out. Even a cute fish like me can know what’s wrong with him.

 

Simple. Lee Hae Rin.

 

Or more specifically, Park Ha Young.

 

But of course, Kyu doesn’t know that, not yet.

 

No one knew about the kiss between me and the real Hae Rin, except Kyu. That’s why he’s like this. It’s so evident that he likes her!

 

Geez, I thought I was the stubborn fish, but it seems this evil magnae is worse than me!

 

For these past few weeks, when Hae Rin or Ha Young couldn’t visit us,  how many times already have I asked him what’s wrong.

 

Of course, me, Detective Lee Fishie knows what’s wrong with him, but I just need him to admit that she likes Hae Rin, I mean, Ha Young! Aish, the confusion.

 

He’s always saying he’s fine, nothing’s wrong, maybe it’s because their tight schedule and the new album, blah blah blah.

 

You know what, I swear on my friends name in the sea that training  a great white shark to go vegetarian is far much easier than getting this diabolical magnae to admit his feelings!

 

AND WHAT WAS THAT JUST NOW?

 

He smeared cake on Hae Rin’s face? I mean, Ha Young’s? Aish, confusion again! Poor my fishie brain!

 

Of course, it seems like a joke to the others, but from the look on Ha Young’s face and Kyu’s expression, it’s so noticeable that it’s not merely a joke.

 

Uh-ha! What do you know! My detective skills have improved!

 

Aish, I need him to admit his feelings!

 

I follow Kyu when he says he’s going to the bathroom.

 

As he enters the bathroom, I did to, and he didn’t notice me at first. As he turns back towards me, well, you can say he’s pretty shocked to see a fish in the same bathroom with him.

 

“GOD! What are you doing here hyung! In here!” He half-shouted when he sees me.

 

Come on fishie, think, think, think.

 

“Oh, I need to use the toilet!” Great answer! Go fishie go!

 

“What? Well wait for your turn then, or use the other bathroom! Hyung!” He continues to protest me being in the same bathroom as he is in.

 

“Aww, come on, it’s been a while since we’ve talked just the both of us.” I said cutely.

 

“Ew, hyung! Don’t tell me you’re gay! But you’re not!” He exclaims.

 

“Of course I’m not! How can a fish be gay!”

 

“Then what are you doing in here hyung?” He asked again.

 

Sigh. I’m sorry, my fishie brain doesn’t have what it needs to think – sea water.

 

“Kyu yah, what’s going on with you these days?” I started to ask.

 

“I told you hyung, nothing. It’s just stress, we have hectic schedule now.” He answered.

 

“You sure? Then why’d you smashed cake on Hae Rin’s face? You know she didn’t do anything wrong.” I continued.

==============================================================================

-규현.KYU HYUN-

 

Because I miss her so much, yet I’m angry because I can’t get over my feelings for her. That’s why I smashed cake back on her face. Because I can’t say anything, because if I do then I might blurt out what I really feel.

 

Yeah, I WISH I could answer Hae hyung’s question like that.  I wish.

 

Great. Now, with cake still on my face, I’m being interrogated by my hyung, again. So I make up an answer.

 

“Hyung, she smashed cake on my face, so I just did the same.” Hah, nice answer right.

 

I know, with all these frustration clouding me, I still am the genius who can’t give great answers! Still, I’m so proud of myself.

 

“But people are supposed to laugh when they do that, but you didn’t!” Hae hyung attacked me with his question.

 

Wow! Hyung, did you go to a detective school or what? You’re not being all your fishie self now!

 

Well, anyway, I don’t know what to answer anymore.

 

As people say, silence is gold. Wait, did I get that right? Uh, who cares?

 

“You saw us, didn’t you? That night…” Hae hyung starts to talk.

 

That night? Wait! You mean, he saw me that night? He saw me watching them?!

 

I still keep my silence. I’m afraid if I say anything then I might spill out everything.

 

“You did right? That’s why you’re like this! Because you’re jealous, right?!” Hae hyung continued.

 

Jealous? Wait, how does he know I like Hae Rin? Okay, now I’m positive he went to a detective school recently.

 

I try to calm myself down.

 

“Hyung, what exactly are you saying? Why in the world would I, Cho Kyu Hyun be jealous because you kissed that short legs?” I asked.

 

“UH-HA!!! See, you really did saw us then!” Hae hyung exclaims.

 

“What, I didn’t saw I did!” I defended myself.

 

“Pabo, you just said it, I kissed Hae Rin. That means you saw us.” Great. See why I don’t want to talk? My mouth just goes blabbing about everything!

 

“So, what if I saw? Doesn’t mean a thing.” I said calmly.

 

“Kyu yah, I know you’re jealous because of that, that’s why you’re acting like this!” He said.

 

I actually start to panic. What am I supposed to say? I can’t tell him the truth! He’ll think I’m crazy to like the devil. Plus, I don’t want him to feel burdened that I like the same girl that she likes. And as if that’s not enough, the girl chose my beloved fishie hyung over me.

 

So, definitely I won’t tell the truth.

 

“Hyung, why would I feel like that? I don’t even care a bit for that devil. Lee Hae Rin, she’s just your friend whom I enjoy trying to murder. I don’t even care if she falls sick or she gets married to a mafia or even doesn’t bring us food anymore. That’s your job to get worried over her. Because I know you like her so much, right hyung? And I guess she likes you too. Not that it’s any of my business. Now, can we not have this kind of talk again, and plus, it’s my birthday!”

 

I guess that answer can make him never to think of bringing up about this ever again. What’s in my heart stays in there, no one needs to know.

 

Donghae hyung was about to protest and say something, but I cut him off.

 

“Hyung, if you guys think I’m acting weird and all, trust me, it’s probably just stress about the album. And you know what, since you guys prepared this for my birthday, I owe you guys a lot. And no more of that angry, mad magnae look on me. Okay?” I added a forced smile to the statement.

 

Donghae hyung looks defeated and just nodded.

 

“Come on hyung, let’s continue the party, shall we?” I put my hands on his shoulder.

 

Well, at least I can do this much for him – be happy for him. And probably not to worry my other hyungs, I’ll just have to act like I’m okay now.

 

It’s not going to be easy, but I’m going to pretend that the feelings I have for that devil never existed.

 

Smile, Kyu Hyun ah! Your handsome look is spoiled if you frown.

 

==============================================================================

-하영.HA YOUNG-

 

My phone suddenly rings.

 

It’s Junho. I take my phone and walk to the store room. No one would notice anyway, they’re too busy having fun.

 

“YAH! ARE YOU STAYING OVER OR WHAT?! My legs are cramped sitting in the car!” Junho yells through the phone.

 

I swear, the first thing I do when I see him is to cut his throat and give it to the lions!

 

“Yah! You’re a bodyguard! You’re not supposed to have cramps!” I said.

 

“Don’t you know? APPARENTLY I’M A HUMAN TOO!!!” He yelled again.

 

I was about to answer him when I hear someone talking at the bathroom, next to the store room.

 

“Psycho, I’ll call you back later, probably I won’t stay over, so just wait for a while. Feed the cats or water the trees or something.” I hang up.

 

I walk towards the bathroom door. I can’t listen properly what the people in there are saying, but surely I can recognize Donghae’s and the empty head’s voice.

 

What are they doing in the bathroom anyway? TOGETHER?

 

I stick my ears to the door to listen to what they’re talking about.

 

“Hyung, why would I feel like that? I don’t even care a bit for that devil. Lee Hae Rin, she’s just your friend whom I enjoy trying to murder. I don’t even care if she falls sick or she gets married to a mafia or even doesn’t come visit us anymore. That’s your job to get worried over her. Because I know you like her so much, right hyung? And I guess she likes you too. Not that it’s any of my business. Now, can we not have this kind of talk again, and plus, it’s my birthday!”

 

My heart shattered.

 

I was so excited to meet them today, especially him, and that’s all he has to say? He doesn’t even care?

 

I could feel tears starting to flow out, so I leave that place, holding my tears in, and walk back to the living room.

 

“Hey dorks! So, what are you guys watching?” With a forced smile and a fake happy voice, I join the others again.

 

Looks like I won’t care about you either then, stupid game-addicted empty-head.

 

==============================================================================

A/N : I know! It’s so late! I’m sorry! I really am! But here’s the update. I don’t really like this chapter,it’s not as funny because the drama starts to come in.

But all in all, I hope you guys like it, and please comment and give suggestions, I appreciate it a lot!

I’ll try my best to post the next update as fast as I can, so you guys don’t have to wait forever for the update!

And thank you for all of you that wished me luck for my exam. Thank you so much. I did well=)

Thank you for the comments and welcome new subscribers!

 

@sjlalalalalove: Hi new reader! Welcome on board! Hehe..I love it how you laugh so hard and enjoy the story that much! Really! Be happy always, and I’ll be waiting for your comments! Thanks!

 

@Kyyra1986: You’re back! With your long, loveable comment that I miss so much! Thanks for still reading eventhough I don’t update fast. Haha. Do enjoy the story! And keep the amusing comments coming always! Thanks again!

 

@twinklingconfusion: Nice! Another Kyu bias! Haha. Well, here’s an update for you! I’m sorry it’s late, but please enjoy it! And leave comments! I love them! Thank you so much!

 

@raratakishima: Haha! I know, I’m getting addicted to cliff-hangers! But I like it how you’re fine with it! Thanks for enjoying the story! And keep the comments coming! I love them so much! Thank you!

 

@Kyunine23: And tadaa! Here’s the update! Thank you for reading! Keep the comments coming!!! Enjoy!

 

@lalalaFSJ: WHOAH! It’s an honour to be your favourite writer! I’m really touched! Like, really!!! Btw, I’m really sorry that you waited so long for the update, but here you go! Do enjoy it! And have fun reading! Love your comments, keep them coming! And thanks for the wish too!

 

20110615