Fake Devil, Fake Act.

Loving In Another Shoe

규 현.KYU HYUN-

“WHAT??!!” That fast?

“TOMORROW??!!” Seems like she’s shocked too.

Urgh. I can’t believe the hyungs made me agree to this devil being my girlfriend, even if it’s fake.

Okay. I objected it in the first place because I just don’t think I’ll get along with her. We barely spoke to each other before, except, during the bathroom incident of course. That’s a special case. My game controller was on the line back then.

So, of course I would prefer Sungmin hyung’s girlfriend over her. I mean, seriously, I’m the guy with the charismatic height here, and yet, that devil with short legs is going to be my girlfriend? Seriously, even if it’s fake, my pride would be hurt.

Then, who would have expected her to talk back on everything that I said. Calling me empty headed and stuff. Hey, my head is a genius. Empty head is like the enemy word for my head, of course.

But seeing her getting irritated so easily, haha, that was pure fun! If I knew long ago that irritating her is just as fun as doing it to my hyungs, I swear Hae Rin and I would be handicapped persons by now, since we’ll be constantly fighting and trying to murder each other.

Now, let’s just hope tomorrow, the both of us gets to stay alive until we finish meeting the crazy girl. Then I swear I’m going to knock Hae Rin down with all the words that exist in my dictionary of irritating people, and we’ll see how her mental condition is going to handle it.

Oh, yeah! I just remembered! I noticed Donghae hyung in the room when my hand almost got contaminated because of touching Hae Rin’s hands. Urgh. Good thing it didn’t happen. Who knows if I have to cut my hand off after touching her hand?

Well, it’s actually thanks to Donghae hyung for slamming the door and removing everyone’s attention. But why did he went out at that time? He can’t be jealous, right? I mean, who would fall for the devil? A fish?

===========================================================
-동 해.DONG HAE-

Did you think it worked?

Yes, I think it worked too.

I’ll have to treat my brain for a drink later for coming up with such a great idea!

Well, firstly, I got myself out of the wire cable that they used to tie me to the chair in my room. Actually, the chair and I are just getting to know each other, but then there were applauses and laughter heard from the other room. Must be from the room where Kyuhyun and Hae Rin are in. So, I know I have to get myself out.

When I got myself released and entered the room, they were feeding each other. Well, more like forced to feed each other and trying to choke each other with food to death.

Shoots.

The members must have asked them to practice the whole couple thing! How did they get them to agree anyway? I guess I’ll find out about it later.

I have to stop them! They might fall for each other for real if they keep doing these forced actions.

I was about to approach them but Hyukjae stopped me.

“You promised. On your fellow friends at the sea?” Hyukjae said.

Aisy. I already promised on my friends’ name.

Then Sungmin and Hankyung hyung are pulling both Kyuhyun’s and Hae Rin’s hands towards each other, while the two person that are being forced are fighting their way against it.

No.

Who knows they might get those ‘electric’ feeling when they touch each other’s hands, just like in the movies? I can’t let that be. Sungmin and Hankyung hyung are too strong for me to fight. I need to divert their attention.

That’s when I walked out of the room and slammed the door hard, so that everyone is shocked and their attention would divert. Then probably they’d stop whatever they’re doing with Kyu and Hae Rin. Wow, I’m starting to love this fish brain of mine!

Then after I walked out of the room and slammed the door, I went out to have an ice blended drink at the café downstairs. What? All the screaming and being tied up made me thirsty.

You guys don’t think I’m jealous, do you?

Because I’m not!

I just don’t think those two can be in each other’s life without trying to send the other to the grave as fast as they can. See? I’m just a caring friend and hyung!

But I like Hae Rin, don’t I?

Why am I not jealous? Or I actually am but just denying it?

Urgh.

Now I regret not going to priority and feelings management class when I was in the fishes’ elementary school.

===========================================================
-하 영.HA YOUNG-

Today is the day that shall be remembered as the day I regret the most in my life.

Maybe someone will remember the date of today every single year and make an anniversary for it?

Dream on, Ha Young.

I already told Hae Rin about it, and of course, I prepared ear plugs in my ear to stop all of the sounds coming out of when she talked non-stop in disbelief. She goes running around in the room like a crazy girl who dropped her brain in the bathroom.

She said how could I go out with Kyuhyun, even if it’s fake? What will Donghae say?

Well, I guess that’s obvious that she likes the fish.

Then when I told her about her shoes being a step away from death penalty if I don’t do this fake girlfriend thing , she just shut up. On my way out the door this morning, she keeps saying she still can’t believe Kyuhyun talked and acted like that. Well, me neither, Hae Rin. Me neither.

So now, I’m standing outside of these crazy guys’ dorm, wondering if I should just go back home and sleep.

Suddenly the door opens from inside.

“Hae Rin ah! Why didn’t you come in?" Ryeowook is being cheerful as ever. Then I make my way into the dorm and I can see a few members eating breakfast at the dining table. They must have an early schedule then if they’re already up this early. Another miracle in Super Junior’s dorm I guess.

“You’re dressed like that to go out with a guy?!” Heechul shouted while some rice in his mouth make their way out of his mouth and onto the table.

“We’ll just style your hair then, since we don’t have any girl’s clothes for you to change to.” Heechul put his bowl of rice down and walks towards me.

“What? No way. If you touch my hair, yours will be gone in the next minute.” As soon as I said it, Heechul backs away from me.

Okay, the clothes that I’m wearing today is what I usually wear when I go and visit the guys. It’s casual but still nice. Hae Rin chose the clothes. She said I can’t wear anything nice since she only wants Donghae to see ‘Hae Rin’ dress nicely, and not Kyuhyun. So that’s how I end up being in the same style of clothes I wear whenever I visit them. Jeans and t-shirt.

And my hair is just nicely tied in a ponytail. Isn’t that styled enough?

I totally agree with Hae Rin, but not for the same reason, of course. Why would I dress nicely for that empty head anyways? And plus, it’s only a fake date.

Then Kyuhyun comes out from his room and everyone’s attention turns towards him.

“Yah! You’re dressed like that to go out on a date?” There goes Hankyung, commenting on Kyuhyun’s outfit, just like what Heechul did to me earlier.

“Technically, hyung, we’re just going to go meet the girl and kill each other later. Very far from the definition of a ‘date’.” Kyuhyun answered while fixing his shirt a bit. He’s dressed casually too. Just jeans and long-sleeved t-shirt.

See? Both of us still remember it’s fake, but still, the other guys look unsatisfied with our looks. Well, there’s nothing they can do about it now.

Kyuhyun averted his gaze towards me after fixing his shirt.

Unlike how it goes in the movie, where the male character comes to pick up the female character and finds out she’s just so beautiful, it’s a whole new scene when it comes to me and Kyuhyun.

“Yah! You’re supposed to be my girlfriend! Why do you look so plain?!” He shouted at me.

“What?! You’re dressed casually too, and you’re blaming me?!” This guys is totally out of his mind.

”I look perfect in anything I wear! You on the other hand,…” Kyuhyun didn’t finish his sentence, but I get what he wanted to say.

“Guys! Shut up!” Kangin screamed until the whole room can hear him.

“You guys are going to be nice to each other in front of the girl, okay? And we didn’t complete the practice on holding hands thing yesterday, so, you guys are going to do it by yourself in front of the girl, got it?” Eeteuk said to both of us.

“But hyung!” Kyuhyun tries to object.

“But.” Of course I’m going to object too.

“No buts. Here’s the car key. Wear your dark sunglasses and cap, Kyu. Wrap your scarf around your neck until it covers your mouth. You too, Hae Rin. Just in case the public notices Kyu. You guys can take it off when you’re meeting the girl in the private room.” Eeteuk added. Wow. They've got it all planned well.

We did what we’re told to.

“Just one last thing.” I heard Kyuhyun said.

Then suddenly I could feel my scrunchy that’s used to tie my hair up is being pulled and my hair goes down.

“Yah!” I turn to see Kyuhyun holding the scrunchy while giving a smirk. I try to snatch it back from his hands but I’m too slow. He tosses the scrunchy to Kangin who’s holding a pair of scissors in his hand.

I think you can already guess what happens next.

Kangin cuts my scrunchy into pieces. Yup, not just into half, but into pieces.

“Yah! What’s that for?!” Of course I’m mad. I didn’t bring any extra scrunchy with me.

“It’s better you let down your hair. You are not going to be by my side with your hair tied like before. Imagine how embarrassed I’m going to be. Now, let’s get this over with.” Kyuhyun said while making his way to the door.

“You’re going to replace that one that you destroyed!” I said while following him to the door.

“Remember! Don’t kill each other until you guys finish meeting with the girl!” Kangin said. Thanks for the reminder, Kangin.

Before I close the door, I can see Donghae’s face. Right. He didn’t even say a word earlier. I almost forgot about him. Oww. He must be sad because ‘Hae Rin’ has to go and kill herself by going out with the empty-headed guy.

The ride to the restaurant is extremely quiet. Oh, this is how it was when Kyuhyun and I never had anything to do with each other before. Peace and quiet.

Suddenly I hear a familiar voice, coming out from the radio.

“To everyone who has plans today, may you succeed with it! And whoever’s driving, focus on the road, okay? Plus, be nice to the people you’re with now! Now let’s hear another song from….” Is that Sungmin’s voice at the radio? I guess he’s at his radio show now, being a DJ.

Well, we all know what’s the meaning behind what Sungmin just said.

“You hear that? Hyung said be nice to the people you’re with now.” Kyuhyun said while driving. See? He always starts the argument first. I’m totally innocent!

“I hear it loud and clear, empty head. And rather than being nice to you, I’d just kill myself.” I answered back.

“Well, that’ll be a pleasant scene to see. A devil killing herself.” This Kyuhyun guy is going to be ripped into pieces once we’re done with the whole acting thing.

Finally, we reach the restaurant and Kyuhyun drives into a basement parking. Wow, the parking lot is full. Good thing we spot one empty parking space.

“Aisy. Why is there only one?” Kyuhyun mumbles to himself.

Excuse me, but from what I know, one car only needs one parking spot. Why is he complaining that there’s only one space left?

“Yah! You, get out first.” He ordered.

“Have some manners, empty head.” I said. Hah. Take that, you stupid game-addict.

“Ergh. Please get out?” He said with a smirk.

Whatever. I just get out of the car before he even parks the car. Then he rolls down his window and look at me.

“Yah, you! Go over to the back of the parking space and warn me if I’m about to hit anything.” Kyuhyun said and rolls his window up again.

“You can’t do vertical parking by yourself??!!” I shouted in amusement. Oh boy. He acts cool and all, but can’t vertical park? That's why he needed more than one parking space? So that he can have more room to park easier. Aisy. This guy.

“A little bit to the left. Left.” I said while moving my hands towards that direction. I can’t stop myself from laughing because of too much amusement.

“Okay, stop. Stop! Stop! STOP!” Aisy. Doesn’t he understand the hand signal or he’s just plain blind?

Kyuhyun got out of the car after he’s done parking(with my help).

“Yah! You were about to hit the car beside yours! And you took fifteen minutes to park!” I shouted at him.

“Don’t blame me, you devil. There aren’t any games related to vertical parking.” He said while making his way into the restaurant.

“What do you think driving classes are for?” I said while following him.

We got into the restaurant and I just followed him. Seems like he knows this place well. The boys must come here often then.

We enter the private room and no one is in there. Okay, a private room is simply a room decorated nicely with a dining table. I guess this room is for people who wants to avoid the public.

“The girl just messaged me. She’ll be running late.” Kyuhyun said while taking a seat.

I follow his action and takes a seat in front of him. That’s when a spoon hit my head.Ouch.

“Yah! You’re supposed to sit beside me, and the girl will sit in front of us. Do I really have to tell you that?” Kyuhyun shouted at me.

Well, I pick up a pair of chopsticks and throw it to his head while I move to the seat to his left. Now, we’re even.

He just grunts as the chopsticks hit his head.

“Yah. I think we should stop the violence for a while when we meet the girl? And wear this on your right hand. ” Kyuhyun said slyly.

He puts a ring on the table. Wow. I think it’s white gold, with a small diamond on top. Wow, again.

“Yah. I’m supposed to act as your girlfriend, not your fiancée, you know.” Well, actually, I don’t dare to wear the ring. It looks priceless.

“Just wear it. I don’t want to waste my saliva explaining it to you. You’ll know about it later.” He pushes the ring on the table towards me.

“Whatever. Maybe I can sell the ring later.” I said while putting the ring on the ring finger on my right hand. Kyuhyun seems shocked when I said that.

“Yah! You are not going to take it! You’re giving it back later.” He said. What does he think I am? A ring thief?

“And we need to stop the shouting too. Call me Kyu. Even though it sounds like a devil summoning me to hell, but it’ll be more believable. What am I supposed to call you?” Kyuhyun added. Wow. Looks like he’s serious to get rid of the crazy girl. I guess I want to end this as fast as we can too.

“Whatever. Just think of something to call me.” I do not want to waste my brain cells’ energy to think of a pet name.

“Give me your hand.” He continued.

“Ah, right. We have to practice. Wait. Are you sure your hands are clean? I don’t want to ruin my hand by touching yours.” Of course I’m unwilling to touch his hands.

“Yah! Do you think I would even want to contaminate my hand by touching yours? We’ll just have to do it to make this entire thing end quickly.” He said and then he grabs my hand.

Shock.

Okay, I know I’ve been playing a lot of sports with the boys at the foster home and there had been a lot of physical contact, but I never knew it would feel different to hold his hands.

“Yah! Why is your hand so rough? Don’t you know how to use a hand moisturizer?” Kyuhyun’s voice wakes me up from my thoughts.

“Stop complaining like a 150 years-old ahjumma, will you?” Geez, this guy nags more than a girl do.

And if you’re wondering, yes, my right hand is still in his left hand on the table, our fingers entangled with each others'. Well, it feels a bit awkward. I’ll just think of it as a way to keep my hands warm then.

Just then a girl suddenly burst in to the room, with smiles on her face.

“Kyuhyun oppa!” Sorry, did I say a girl? I meant a model! Pretty face, gorgeous hair, trendy clothes, expensive bag and killer shoes. Did the Super Junior guys have a problem with their eyes? This is nothing near ‘crazy’! Now I get why they wanted me to dress more stylish before. I look meagre compared to this girl here.

Don’t get me wrong. Hae Rin’s clothes are expensive too, but her style is more to casual. This girl on the other hand, looks like she’s going to hold a concert or something.

Of course, her smile vanishes when she sees Kyuhyun holding my hand on the table.

“Oppa, what is this? Who is this girl?” That ‘crazy’ girl said while taking her seat in front of Kyuhyun.

“Eun Mi ah, this is my girlfriend.” Kyuhyun suddenly sounds so manly and calm. And it just makes me want to puke my stomach out.

“Yeah, right! I bet she’s just a fake one. You probably paid her a lot of money to act well.” Eun Mi answered rudely. Okay, she needs some manners to get along with that pretty face of hers.

And did she say he paid me a lot of money?! I wish! She didn’t know what I had to go through to be forced to act as Kyuhyun’s fake girlfriend. And it is far away from getting a lot of money. More like getting a lot of smacking on the head.

“Eun Mi ah, I’m not lying. She’s really my girlfriend.” Kyuhyun said calmly to that Eun Mi girl.

Then a waiter comes into the room with our food. I guess the Super Junior guys pre-ordered the menu when they reserved this place.

Kyuhyun brings our hands off the table and put it on the armrest of his chair. When the food is put in front of us, he squeezes my hand. What does he want? Since I couldn’t understand what he wants, I just keep quiet. Then he squeezes my hand again.

“What is it, Kyu?” Ergh. I can’t believe I called him that instead of empty head. I’m going to smack myself later for this. And don’t even think of asking me how I can be so soft-sounding like that. Blame all the movies I watched.

“Nothing, jagi ya.” Jagi ya?! Okay. I’m trying hard to restrain myself from laughing here. Kyuhyun then rolls his eyes towards the food.

“Yeah, right.” Eun Mi said while digging into her food. She looks like she still doesn’t believe us.

Oh, I get what Kyuhyun meant. Aisy. I can’t believe we’re going through this, again. But Kyuhyun seems desperate to get himself away from this girl. I guess I just have to do it then.

“Kyu, you have to let go of my hand first. How are we going to eat?” I said while giving him a smile of embarrassment. Well, actually, the embarrassed look is just to tease Eun Mi. I’m getting irritated with her. Rolling her eyes at me for already hundred times.

So I take some raw vegetables on my plate and try to feed Kyuhyun with it. Not with a spoon, or a fork, or chopsticks. I use my hands. It’s just something I usually see families or couples do when they’re at a picnic. Maybe it looks a bit more intimate if I use my hand. Plus, I want that Eun Mi girl to believe it fast so we can get over this thing already.

Kyuhyun looks a bit shocked but he controls his expression. He smiles (although I know it’s fake) and eat the food out of my hand.

“Ouch.” Damn you empty head. I try being nice here to make this work and you bite my fingers?! This guy is really going to get it later. Kyuhyun smiles playfully and I can see Eun Mi looks annoyed.

Then Kyuhyun takes some vegetables off his plate and uses his hand to feed me. Well, if Eun Mi gets annoyed when he bit my finger, I guess I can have my revenge then and bite his finger. A win-win situation. I know, I’m too smart.

“Ouch.” Yup. I got my revenge. Although, I think I bit his finger a lot harder than how he bit mine. What? You don’t think I’m going to bite him playfully, do you? It’s called revenge, people.

“Pftt.” Eun Mi exclaimed. Is she still not believing us?!

“Eun Mi ah. What are you doing now, after coming back to Korea?” Kyuhyun asked Eun Mi calmly. I never heard him sound so serious, except when he talks about his games, of course.

“Nothing much. Just doing some fashion work.” Eun Mi answered Kyuhyun while batting her eyelashes and trying to sound cute. Then I could feel Kyuhyun’s legs move a bit. Not very much, but I can still notice it. Why is his legs moving?

So I act like I’m looking down at my shirt, trying to fix it or something when I’m actually peeking a bit to see what’s going on under the table.

Urgh. That girl is really something, I tell you. She just doesn’t want to let Kyuhyun go. I was surprised when my eyes peeked a bit under the table. That Eun Mi girl is moving her legs against Kyuhyun’s. You know, like how the girls in the movies do, trying to seduce the man. That’s why Kyuhyun’s leg is moving. He’s trying to escape it.

Okay, I’m not mad or anything here, because Kyuhyun isn’t my real boyfriend either. But seeing her acting like that, it just makes me feel ashamed as a girl too. So I use my right leg to put in front of Kyuhyun’s leg. I think Eun Mi notices and stop playing with her legs. She just keeps glaring at me. Kyuhyun looks surprised too. You’re going to have to thank me later for this, Kyuhyun. And then I retracted my leg to it’s original position.

“Oppa, can you guys stop the acting now? Just ask this girl to get out and you can spend your time with me.” Eun Mi said. She’s still not believing it. Kyuhyun sighed at her words.

Then Kyuhyun takes my right hand and shows it to Eun Mi.

“Oppa! You can’t be serious! That’s the ring your omma gave so that you can give to the girl you’re truly going to marry! You’re still young, oppa!” Eun Mi suddenly shouted and looked shocked.

A girl he’s going to marry? Well, whatever it takes then to make her believe us.

“Eun Mi ah. I’m not going to marry her now. I give her the ring so that it’s confirmed that I’m going to marry her when the right time comes. You know I don’t just let anyone wear the ring. Do you believe me now? If you really like me, you have to be happy for me.” Kyuhyun said calmly.

Well, since he has being doing all the talking, I guess I should contribute a bit.

“Eun Mi ah. There are a lot of nice guys waiting for a pretty girl like you.” I said, hoping to calm her down.

“Shut up.” Eun Mi answered rudely. Okay. If it wasn’t for this whole acting thing, I’ll seriously chop her into twenty pieces and grill her on fire! Relax, Ha Young. Relax.

“Oppa, I still don’t believe it. You have to prove it, because any girl can just put the ring on their finger. But I know there’s one thing you won’t do, even if your life depends on it, unless it’s real. Do it then.” Ergh. That Eun Mi still won’t give up.

What is she talking about anyway?

I turn to look at Kyuhyun. He’s trying hard to make himself looks composed and calm, but I notice in his eyes, he’s worrying about something.

“What’s the matter, oppa? I know you can’t do it, because it’s fake. You won’t kiss anyone, even if you are forced to, unless the one you’re kissing is the one you really love. That’s why you didn’t want to kiss me when you were acting with me before. But I know we can still work it out, oppa.” Eun Mi continued.

A KISS?! Is she crazy or what? But I know Kyuhyun’s a genius, so he’ll find a way to escape this.

“Eun Mi ah, I’ve already hurt you enough. I don’t want to be doing this in front of you.” Kyuhyun said, sounding so mature.

Wow. He deserves a standing ovation for his acting! Give him an award now!

“Oppa, you already hurt me by bringing this girl here. What more can you do? You just can’t do it, right?” Eun Mi challenged Kyuhyun.

Then suddenly Kyuhyun grabs my hand. I turn to look at him to see what’s he actually doing. And then his other hand grabs the back of my neck as he pulls me closer to him. It’s weird how I don’t feel ticklish when he touch my nape, seeing it’s my sensitive part.

Everything happens so fast. I didn’t even get to blink my eyes.

The next thing I know is his lips are on top of mine.

At first I just stay still, still in shock. Then at the back of my head, I know I have to move away from him, but my body didn’t follow my brain’s orders. Stupid body.

I never, ever have been kissed in my whole life. I know, it’s pathetic but I never met any guy to meet my taste. I don’t know how it’s supposed to feel. I don’t know what I’m supposed to do. I don’t know how I’m supposed to react.

And I don’t know, why I kiss him back.

===========================================================
A/N: Guys, I know these one is very. Very late. I actually spent half of the day yesterday writing this chapter, since I don’t know much on how couples should act and all the lovey scene so I was having a hard time. Then after I press ‘submit’, it happened again. There’s a connection error and I can’t trace back what I wrote. All of it was gone. I was so frustrated that I almost threw my laptop out the window. Then for the whole day I couldn’t continue writing because of frustration. So, I’m really sorry it’s late, and sorry if it’s lame. Still, I hope you guys enjoy it!