The Devil's Good Past.

Loving In Another Shoe

-하 영.HA YOUNG-

"Hachooo!" I sneeze again as I make my way to my room. The dusts in the guys' reading room did this to me! I don't even know why I had to help them clean their dorm. Really, I lost my mind I think. I'll find it later when I get some rests.

Oh, yeah. I have to give this to Hae Rin first. Now, I'm fully prepared to see her face turning into a ghost's face. I bet when real ghosts take a look at her face then, even ghosts wouldn't dare to play with her shoes.

I turn to the left to go to Hae Rin's room and open the door.

"I'm sorry honey, but I can't use you anymore. I have to stay in this house until the killer who's stupid enough to kill someone in front of me gets caught, okay?" Guess who is she talking to?

Her credit cards.

"Hae Rin ah, there's something for you." I got myself inside her room and close the door. Before I give her the bag in my hand, I stop in front of her and got on my knees.

"Hae Rin ah! I swear I drove fast enough until the needle that points for the car's speed metre is unable to turn anymore! Really! And I think I even hit a person crossing the road in a wheelchair when the traffic light is red and I kept going, I didn't stop. From my rearview mirror I think the wheelchair flew up, but not that high, maybe fourteen stories? But I had to get to the dorm fast, right? I used the stairs up to the 12th floor because the lift was too slow. So I think some of my fats are dropped on the staircases along with my sweats. I think I'll just pick them up later. I got to their dorm before they did anything to the shoe. But the fish swam towards the shoe so fast and threw it out the window. I wanted to jump out the window too to grab your shoes but I realized I lost my flying abilities to Superman, so then, that's how your shoe is like this. I'm sorry Hae Rin ah!" I hope that long apology of mine won't make her turn into a ghost.

Hae Rin looks at me with opening so big. Wait, not just . Her eyes seem to be bigger, so are her notstrils and ears. Are every part of her face expanding?

"Hae Rin ah, say something. Don't explode yet." What now?

"You hit a person? When traffic light is red? You used the stairs up to the 12th floor? You almost jumped out of the window?" Wow. That's a lot of questions from Hae Rin. Which one should I answer first?

"Well, kind of t...." I didn't get to finish my sentence yet. What's up?

"Oh, Ha Young ah! I'm so glad you almost killed youself for my shoes! But, I'm glad you're not dead too." Hae Rin hugs me as tight as she could. If the last time she hugs me made my right and left lungs meet each other, this time you can say the ribs on my right are practically on the left side and vice versa.

"It's okay. Maybe some other times we're going to get them back." Hae Rin said after releasing me from her hug, and also putting back my ribs on their original position.

After chatting with her for a while I make my way to my room to get some rest. Huh, I'm glad she didn't turn into a ghost again.

Well, what I told her was the truth, but, it's just a bit twisted. Just a bit.

You see, I did go when the traffic light is red, but red for the people who's crossing the road. Which means, for the vehicles, the light is green. And when I said I hit someone in a wheelchair, well, I think it's actually an ant in a wheelchair, but blame my eyes because I couldn't see properly. About the stairs, I did use them up to the 12th floor, but only from the 11th floor. But the part of losing my flying abilities to Superman, that's pure truth! Nope. I didn't lie about that.

Now, the guys are being busy until after Christmas. I think they even have a schedule during Christmas. Wow. I thought their life as singers are all fun, but I think it's kind of mean to have them work on Christmas, right?

Wow, Ha Young! You're a kind and caring girl!

Smack.

Well, maybe for Christmas I'll really buy myself a handcuff to stop my hands from automatically smacking my head whenever I'm absorbed in myself.

Hae Rin wanted me to join her family and her during Christmas but I declined. I didn't want to interrupt their family moments. Hae Rin rarely see her parents because they're too busy. And since the Super Junior guys are also busy on that day, I'll make my own plan.

For just that one day, that Christmas day, the present I'm going to give myself is myself.

Is it too confusing?

On Christmas, which is the day after tomorrow, I'm going to be myself again, Park Ha Young. I kind of miss being myself. Don't get me wrong. Hae Rin's personality is almost the same as mine, we get along well. And I think being with Hae Rin and Super Junior is actually making me feel like I belong somewhere. Being cared for and all, but just for that day, I'd like to be myself again.

I already talked to Hae Rin about it. She said she understands how I must miss my old self. But hey, it's only for a day.

Incoming message.

'Short legs. You getting anything for me this Christmas?'

It's from Donghae.

Well, Hae Rin will reply any of Donghae's messages and inform me if there's anything important, during my 'holiday' for these two days.

I've got to pack. I'm going tomorrow to stay at my old apartment and celebrate Christmas at my old foster home on the next day. That's where my family is.

===========================================================
-동 해.DONG HAE-

It's almost Christmas and we're still busy with our schedules. Even on Christmas we have a programme.

I guess there's a few things you have to give up when being an idol, huh?

I sent a message to Hae Rin before. Just before I go out on shows again. I won't be seing her until after Christmas, though. Why do I have a feeling I'm going to miss her?

Slap.

I've been trying to dig up what I really feel for Hae Rin, since she's my best friend and all. Somehow I think I already liked her a long time ago, but she hasn't been herself lately. That's what holding me back. She's just not, Hae Rin.

She gets sick easily lately. So I usually have to think a lot before trying to murder her again, because she's not like before. She even tries to mess up with Kyuhyun and the day before, I even heard her commenting on Kyuhyun's game.

But she still is her crazy-and-getting-pranks-on-us self, it's just something is lost there. Do I really fall for her now?

Could it be...

Yes! I think it could be!

It's the perfect explanation ever.

Here's my theory.

Now I know why she's acting weird.

An alien abducted Hae Rin when she was on her vacation that she forgot to tell me about before, and the alien decided to cut open her head. Then the alien thought that her brain looked tasty and ate it. But then it felt guilty for eating her brain so the alien decided to give Hae Rin it's own brain. Then the alien returned to his planet without its brain after returning Hae Rin to the earth.

Yes. That's why she's been acting weird!

Smack. Smack. Smack.

"Super Junior, it's your cue." Time to get to work again.

I'll deal with my fish head later. Ouch. That smacking hurts.

And manager hyung still hasn't told me any news about the mental hospital thing. Or even on the large aquarium with sharks. I need my brain to get checked fast.

But for now, it's work time.

===========================================================
-하 영.HA YOUNG-

43.

44.

45.

46.

47.

48.

Finally, he appears!

"Yah! You're late!" Junho looks confused.

"What?!"

"It's already 48 seconds past 10. I thought you're always everywhere I am." Seriously, I can do a lot of things, including saving the world with that 48 seconds.

"Yah! Since we're using your car, I have to park my car first, and there's not even a single space available near here. So I had to park a little bit further." Junho said while wiping beads of sweats on his face.

Yeah, I had to bring along this psycho with me. It's the agency's orders. And Hae Rin asked me to use her car. Not the red, sporty one, of course. It's her other car, quite old but she didn't want to let it go. She just kept it in the garage. She said it'll be great for me if I don't want to stand out so much in my neighbourhood.

Hae Rin is really being too nice to me. I wonder if we would still be in contact with each other after the killer is caught.

Then my mind comes back to the psycho in front of me. Urgh. He's late and giving excuses.

"Next time take a plane." I just said casually while walking towards the car Hae Rin told me about.

"Who's driving?" Junho asked.

You know what? That is a really, really, really stupid question. Should I add more of the 'really' part? Who would even ask that question if I'm already sitting in the shotgun seat.

"Do I really need to answer that or do you want me to make you regret you had to guard me?" He just smirks at my reply and got into the driver's seat.

Finally, I'm heading back to my old self. Tomorrow is Christmas, and I'm heading to the foster home I used to live in to celebrate.

It'll take a few hours until we can reach my apartment. Now that Junho is driving, I'm going to sleep until we reach there.

"If you ever think of making me wake up by getting into accidents or throwing me out of the car or anything, I'll make sure this is the last Christmas you're going to celebrate." I warned him not to wake me up and he seems like he wouldn't dare too.

***

Ahh. My small dining table!

My two and a half-legged chair!

My stacks of bread and ramen!

My broken television!

I'm home.

Did you guys miss me? I sure miss you a lot.

I'm thinking Junho is probably getting dizzy seeing me running back and forth, hugging every item in my house.

"Don't you want to hug the unwashed dishes too?" Right. I never got to wash those because I was too busy packing my clothes to leave the house before. Junho sure knows to remind me what I've been missing. Thanks Junho, from the bottom of my pure heart.

Just for your curiosity, I'm wearing the clothes that I used to wear, before I went replacing Hae Rin. I also wear beanie, scarfs and anything to hide my new hairstyle. I don't want people asking me about my appearance.

"Let's go. We need to buy some presents." I pull Junho's hand. Argh, he's heavy. Does he have iron blocks tied to his body or what?

"Nah. You don't need to buy any presents for me. I'm fine." Junho grins.

Smack.

"I'm not going to waste money on you, psycho." Why in the world would I buy anything for him?

"That hurts!" Complaints again.

"I thought you're a 'tough' guy. Deal with it. My hand hurts even more from smacking your head!"

===========================================================
-규 현.KYU HYUN-

"Merry Christmas, hyungs"

"You too, kid!"

"Sorry, no presents again this year." Eeteuk feels sorry for s.

It's not that we don't want to buy any, but we just don't have the time to.

Today we're going to visit a foster home somewhere at the countryside. It's a programme the broadcasting wants to record about us spending Christmas with the unfortunate ones. Well, we're quite unfortunate too, you know. We have our family but can't celebrate with them.

But I guess I still have to be thankful. At least I have a family. Oh, well. I've got to pack my portable game player. Who knows how long we'll be in the car? Probably I'll get seizures in the car for being in there too long without my games. So, better be prepared!

I know, I'm too smart.

"Are there going to be cute girls there?" Kangin asked with a grin full of hope, you can see the brightness in his eyes.

"It's a boys foster home, Kangin. Don't get your hopes up!" Heechul answered him. Then, instantly, Kangin's eyes lost its brightness. So does the grin he had before.

Good thing I'm bringing my game player.

"Kids, we're living in 5 minutes!"

===========================================================
-하 영.HA YOUNG-

I think this is perfect for him.

"Wake up you psycho!" I shouted after pouring water on his face. He wakes up instantly. Yup, I'm right that the water is perfect for him to make him wake up.

What? You guys think I'll actually give him a present?

It's already noon, since we both overslept.

"Hurry! I can't wait to see the kids!" I tried pulling him up.

You can say it's like trying to lift a battle tank. The only difference is, the battle tank is lighter.

"Okay! Okay! I'm up! What did you pour on me? Sea water? I can go have a facial treatment myself, you know? You don't need to help me with that. Besides, your bed is giving me nightmares!" He gets up while wiping his face and complaining about the pain in his back.

I forgot to tell that I mixed a lot of salt in that water, didn't I? My bad.

Okay, guys. He didn't sleep on my bed, okay? Of course I sleep on my small bed by myself. The 'bed' Junho referred to, the one that he slept on, is non other than, of course, the floor. He can't sleep on the sofa since it's too small, so, I guess the floor is the best option.

I'm kind, aren't I? I should just let him sleep outside instead.

After some time, we finally made it to the foster home by walking. It's just near to my apartment. No need to waste money on gas. Besides, have you seen the prices for fuel these days? It's crazy.

"Yah! Wait up!" Right. I forgot about Junho carrying all the presents. Hey, I vowed to make him suffer for kidnapping me the first time, didn't I? I always keep my promise in matters like this. Well, what can you say, I'm a virtous girl!

"Annyeonghaseyo! Do you still remember me?" I greeted to one of the cooks at the foster home.

"Ha Young ah! I thought you won't come this year! Ah, I miss you so much! What do you want to have today? I'll cook it for you?" See what I said when my family is here, at the foster home? They may be not blood-related to me, but they're still family.

"I'll just have what you guys have for lunch. Excuse me, I'm going to go see the others." And I make my way to the main office of the foster home.

Knock, knock.

"Merry Christmas! Ahjussi!" I run towards the middle-aged man and hugs him.

"Ha Young?! Ha Young ah! It's been a while since you came!" He breaks the hug and takes a clearer look at me.

This is Mr. Seo Hyung Shik. He's the man who I think of as my own father. He raises me up like her own daughter, since he doesn't have one and I really, really, really missed him.

"Where are the kids? I have presents to give them." I'm so excited.

"They're all in the hall, opening gifts the staffs bought for them. Go first. I'll be there later after finishing some works here. Oh, your friend is here too." He pushes me out of his office, asking me to hurry see the kids at the hall.

Wait. My friend is here? Sooyoung? Could she be here?!

I run as fast as I can to the main hall, where all the kids will gather and open their presents. I know it's already noon, but I'm sure they're only starting to open them. It's a tradition here that we have breakfast and lunch together with the staff and only open the presents after that. My 'father', Mr. Hyung Shik said it's to cultivate patience and thankfulness in us.

But seing me running towards the main hall instead of walking, I could say the patience cultivating thing didn't work out for me.

As I reach the main hall, I can see about 25 boys gathered there, already opening their presents. Yeah, 25 person isn't that many, but the foster home wants them to feel comfartable, and not so crowded, so they have the limit the number of kids who can stay there. If the number exceeds, then they'll send the extra kis to another foster home.

I see a figure looking at the boys open their gifts.

Is that, Sooyoung?

I run towards the figure while screaming her name.

"Sooyoung!"

The figure turns his head to me. As I get closer, I can finally identify who that is.

"Changmin?"

"Ha Young?"

Just then someone else screams my name.

"Ha Young!" It's Junho.

"Changmin?" I asked the man in front of me again and ignores Junho.

"Ha Young?" Again, he says my name.

"Okay, I'm Junho! Now can we stop the name-calling thing?" Junho spoke again.

I'm positive that's him! My best friend in the foster home, before he got adopted and we lost contact. Suddenly he runs towards me and gives me a hug. I can't do anything but hug him back. What? I miss him too! It's been, well, how many years since I last saw him!

Tears are falling from my eyes. I guess I can call it tears of happiness.

Then suddenly someone pulls me from the back, making Changmin and I break our hug.

"Yah Ha Young! Do you know this guy?" I should have guessed, it's Junho. Who the hell in the world pulls someone from a hug with a long, lost best friend? The answer : Junho.

"Yah, Junho. Unlike you who goes around kidnapping strangers, of course I know this guy. Why would I hug him if he's a stranger?" Really, Junho needs his logic sense in his brain fixed. I mean it.

"Who's he?" Changmin asked. Urgh. I feel stupid arguing with Junho in front of him.

"Changmin, this is Junho. My friend who apparently dropped his brain on his way here. I guess we'll look for it later. That is, if a dog haven't eat it yet." I turn towards Changmin while introducing him to Junho. Well, of course I'm not going to introduce hime as my guard. Am I nuts or what?

"Junho, this is Changmin. He's my best friend when I was living here. Be nice, and don't bite him." I introduced Changmin to Junho.

"Yah! You think I'm a dog or something?" Junho screams at me.

"Yah! I'm not deaf yet!" Why is he screaming when I'm right beside him?

Then I hear Changmin's laugh. Great. I made a fool of myself again.

"Changmin, why are you here? Why aren't you celebrating with your family?"

"I have a lot to chat with you. You want to go to the hill?" Changmin suggested.

"The hill? Sure. Let me meet all the kids and staff and give them the presents. You can go first if you want. I'll go later." Finally, I can have a long chat with him. It's been so long.

"Junho, let's go! Bring the presents too!"

"I know I'm tough, but torturing me like this? Aissyy." Junho and I make our way to see the kids.

I've been saving a lot of money all year just for this day.

After I've seen all the kids and staff, I make my way up the hill. Of course, you don't have to ask. That psycho Junho is following.

As I'm making my way up there, I remembered one kid when I gave out the presents before. Okay, I may be calling them kids, but actually the oldest among them are only 2 years younger than me. That kid looks really sad and unhappy, but he got many gifts.

"Hey kid. Do you need more gifts or you just don't like them?" That kid seems shocked by my question. What? He had more gifts than what I had when I was at his age. Of course I'm jealous.

Somehow, I conversed with him for a while. He said that he lost all of the members of his family in a car accident. I guess he really misses them and feels that the world is unfair. So, I decided to give him something special and left a few words for him remember.

After a few minutes of walking, I see Changmin sitting on a bench at the hill. We always talked here before he got adopted.

"Changmin ah!"

He turns to look at me.

"So, why aren't you celebrating with your family?"

"They had to go on a business trip overseas."

"What about your friends?"

"All of them had their own thing to do. So that's how I'm stuck here. Didn't know I'll get to meet you!" He said with his charming smile.

"What do you do for living, Changmin sshi?" Yup. You can bet on Junho to ask unrelevant questions to the person he just met.

We all talked until it's almost 6 in the evening. Changmin and I laughed our heart out remembering what we did together when we were still living here. Surprisingly, Junho joined in too. After talking for a while, I realized that I like him as my friend, so, the whole first crush thing can be forgotten now.

We didn't even realize the time until Junho's phone rang.

"Hello. Yes. Oh, okay." He hangs up and turns to me.

"We have to get going now." Junho said. I understand what he means. I have to go back to Hae Rin's home now. Back to her life. Well, at least I got to enjoy being myself with my long lost bestfriend.

"Sorry, Changmin ah. But I have a few things to do." I feel really sad now. Can I pack him in my suitcase and bring him to Hae Rin's house? Would it be okay? Can that long legs of his be folded into my small suitcase? I can try.

We make our way down the hill. Changmin decided to go back home too, since he said he also has work to do tomorrow.

As we are reaching the foster home, I can see a lot of cars parked there. There are also cameras and lights, not to mention a lot of people wearing a broadcasting station's t-shirt. I wonder who is the popular person that suddenly decides to visit this foster home.

And on Christmas too? Don't they want to celebrate with their families and friends?

As we walk nearer to the foster home, I can see from the window that there's a lot of guys with stylish hair and clothes, playing with the kids there. I can hear laughters and loud voices coming out from the house as I'm about to reach the main front door.

Wait.

I know that high-pitched laughter.

I recognize those black vans.

I've heard this familiar voices somewhere.

I see someone coming out from one of the black vans.

Is that, Donghae?

Shoots.

It's those crazy Super Junior guys. So this is where they have their programmes to do?

Seriously, out of the thousands of foster home in the nation, why would they pick this foster home? Why didn't they just ask me, I'm sure I can introduce a lot more foster homes and even give them maps, just not this one.

"Junho, we have to go, now!" I whispered to him.

I think he notices them too as he nodded, agreeing with me.

"Wear your sunglasses. Pull your scarf until it covers your mouth. Come on." He pulled my hands and lead me to follow another route.

"Changmin, I'm sorry." I don't know if he can hear me or not, since Junho pulled me really fast that I bet Changmin didn't even notice I'm gone.

===========================================================
-동 해.DONG HAE-

Ah, here it is.

I went back outside to get my camera that I left in the van. As I turn to enter the foster home back, something caught my eyes.

Isn't that...Hae Rin?

But that doesn't look like the clothes she wears. This isn't where she would celebrate her Christmas either.

I can see that girl putting on her sunglasses and pulling her scarf up. Suddenly, the guy besides her pulls her hand and just like that, they disappeared from my sight.

But, there's another guy there.

"Changmin?" What is he doing here?

Who's the girl with her that just disappeared a while ago?

I need my eyes checked. Maybe I'm too tired. But she really does looked like Hae Rin. I know fishes don't function properly when they're not in water, but I think I can still see clearly.

But what is Hae Rin doing here?

===========================================================
A/N : Okay, guys. While writing this chapter, there are a lot of disturbance. So, it's hard to concentrate. But I really gave my best. I don't think this chap is very interesting, but I need something to start the drama.
Anyways, leave a comment, okay?
Apologies for errors.