You have to believe me

Drabble/Crackships

Song used:


 

How long has it been since we've known each other Seohyun? Years, months, days….I don't know any more, time has lost its course since the moment I laid eyes on you. I wait here in our usual spot under the cherry blossom tree where it all began. Our first meeting was it fate or just a coincidence? Could it be that this had been planned, that you and I would cross paths? What ever the reason I'm thankful for it, because without it I would have still been lost. My life had found a purpose even though back then I hadn't realized it yet. I have been you're best friend, the handkerchief to your tears, the one that comforts you because of lost lovers. 

The last time we meet you laid your head on my shoulder. Your tears did not cease, all i could do was caress you…to try and ease the pain, to give you words of advice, to give you hope but deep down inside I was dying. I don't know what to do? If you only knew. I would rather tell you...how i really feel.

And you said.."why is life so cruel?" Once again your heart had been broken by another jerk. Another guy that didn't appreciate you, that didn't recognize the beautiful woman he had next to him, and how lucky he was to call you his own. As it is in your nature you gave it your all, from the beginning till the end with a passion. You have never been the type to hold back, wearing your heart on your sleeve, always giving and never receiving. Things went bad, and you were surrounded by loneliness and pain. All I could do was hold you, as i comforted you.

You ask me for ways to protect your heart, for your next encounter with love, you know I want to protect you. You are afraid to fall because love has been a little cruel, testing you and keeping you from finding true happiness. You are reluctant once and twice again and you ask what's the reason for this pain? Because even though you have been through a lot, and have placed doubts on love…you are still hopeful that somehow, somewhere that special someone is waiting for you.

What you don't know is...

I would rather be the one who's call you wait up at night for and wake up thinking of.
I would rather be the one you smile for and cherish.
I would rather be the one that's forever in your heart.

But instead I answered, "Soon you'll find a lot of happiness. I'm certain you will find what you are looking for and more. If you give yourself the opportunity to be loved."

I stare at the distance and wonder, what's the point of all of this? How can the woman I love be so close to me and yet so far away? That love that began as a friendship transformed into something deeper, without me knowing it. Once I had, it was too late, you had become too important for me in my heart to ignore. These feelings were driving me crazy. Why am I such a coward? Life would be so much easier for me if you just knew. 

You sit beside me, and stare at me. You notice my uneasiness, how I'm lost in thought, and you ask, "Is anything wrong?"

I fear your rejection, but i know it's time for me to tell you the truth…"I love you." 

I felt relieved when those three words escape my lips. I couldn't hold them anymore, it was time to face the truth. Your eyes linger longer than expected on me, you think that maybe here there's something new to feel and you can't decide?

 

"Tell me what are you afraid of?" I say softly to you. "Let yourself be loved, don't wait any longer, don't deny yourself or us this opportunity." I carefully take your hands into mine. "You won't come back to those painful feelings, you'll never hesitate. You have to believe me, what I'm saying is true…I love you," I wait for your response and expect the worst but instead...

 

"I have been waiting for a while for these words," and with that you place your arms around me and hold me in a tender embrace.