Superintendent

Cop vs. Criminal

Seunghyun's P.O.V

Thinking about Eunji, I smiled to myself. I held the manilla case file before me, but paid no attention to it. I couldn't help it. That night, the smile on her face, our kiss. I grinned even wider as I remembered the last part. "HYUNG!" I placed the folder down only to find myself face to face with a wide eyed Seungri.

"Oh, Seungri-ah!" I smiled at him. "When did you get in here?"

"Hyung, I've been sitting here for the past fifteen minutes calling you."

"Oh. I'm sorry. What can I do for you, dongsaeng?"

"Hyung," he placed the back of his hand on my forehead, "are you okay?" Laughing, I swatted his hand away. "Why are you being so nice? Is something wrong? Oh god. Hyung, are you dying?"

"Yah! Jugeullae?" I glared at him. "What do you want, anyway? I'm busy." Seungri grinned.

"That's my hyung." Pinching my cheeks, he shook my head back and forth. After seeing my slight snarl, Seungri quickly released my cheeks, almost as if he was afraid I'd bite him. He then cleared his throat and changed his countenance to express grim seriousness, "Senior Inspector Choi, the Superintendent asked me to call you in." I raised an eyebrow at the said title.

"Superintendent?" Seungri nodded. It took a moment for me to collect myself and prepare to go in. "Well, Inspector Lee, shall you me to my death?" 

Hesitating, I stood before the door, breathing for a moment before rapping my knuckles against the glass. "Come in." Hearing the invitation of a deep, raspy voice, I turned the handle and allowed my legs to take me into the room.

" You asked for me, sir?" Superintendent Kim was a man in his late fifties. The graying in his hair was visible in his comb-over, which was clearly a futile effort to cover up his expanding bald spot. His beady eyes seemed to be the perfect match with his decaying teeth, and his pale complexion only complimented the yellow that washed over his teeth. In other words, Superintendent Kim was a man who looked ready for retirement, but wouldn't let go of his job. However, no matter how much he loves his job, he can't seem to do it right. When things go wrong, I'm the one he takes it out on. You can probably tell by now that I do not enjoy the company of this man, but he is still in the position where he is qualified to fire me, so I try not to mess up. I love my job and wouldn't give it up for anything the world.

" Sit." I did as I was told, although I did not appreciate the canine-commanding way that the demand was said. "Do you know what this is?" He tossed a folder down on the desk before me. I raised an eyebrow at the papers in front of me.

"I'm not entirely certain, but I think that may be a folder?" I smirked.

"Are you getting smart with me, boy?" I picked up the file and skimmed through it. "That's the latest incident caused by Blood Diamond. Can you tell me how that happened, Inspector Choi? I gave you this case and expect it to be done with by now." Shutting the folder, I glared at him.

"You expect me to close a case that you've been investigating for eight years within a month?" I snorted and tossed the folder on the desk. Shoving my chair back from his desk menacingly, I stood up and headed for the door, taking the case files with me as I left.

“Where do you think you're going, Choi? I'm not finished." I half-smiled, my hand on the door handle. Although I always talk back, I like to make sure he can't use it as an excuse to boot me.

“But I am. Don't worry, I have a plan." With that, I left, slamming the door behind me.

Sorry about the lateness. Writer's block =.= It's short, but enjoy xD