Chapter 2

Forming Days

 

 

Key would love to say he understood why his mother was sobbing, why she couldn't even look at the tall 17 year old without a loud blustering wail falling from her lips... but he honestly couldn't.

 

Sitting in the back of his father’s shiny SUV, surrounded by several of his more flamboyant suitcases (the ones he simply refused to allow to sit in his closet and gather dust for however long he'd be gone) his mind raced to try and figure out why she would be crying, it was her and his father’s decision to send him off to some hospital-turned-home for the mentally unstable after his little incident.

 

Key couldn't help the small snort which tumbled from his lips. incident. He didn't understand why his parents were so ashamed of it, too ashamed to talk about it with him. Taking to just brushing it under the carpet and sending their defective son away. To fix him. To forget about him. He snorted again, tapping his manicured fingers along to the radio against his jean clad thigh, it wouldn't be hard to forget about something they never saw.

 

"Kibum baby, We're almost there" A timid voice spoke from somewhere in front of him. He didn't need to look up to realize the words came from his mother, the only one out of his family who was still willing to regard him with any semblance of family attachment. His cousins and Farther choosing to act like he was just another face that they would encounter on the streets and not one they watched grow and mature into what he was now.

 

Key rolled his eyes and intensified the glare he was shooting at his ripped designer jeans as the only acknowledgement that he had heard her, choosing not to gift the sound of his voice on either of them until absolutely necessary

 

"Baby.. Please" The broken tinge which had invaded his mothers voice caused him to turn his eyes up quickly, unavoidably meeting hers in the process, a quick wave of shock running through him at the legitimate concern that shone from them "Baby we're sorry. We don't want to send you off, it's J-just you don't understand how hard it is for us-" she paused for a second, allowing a small sniffle to escape "-w-we've never had to deal with anything like this before and we just, we don't know what to do. We love you baby. W-we L-Lo-" She broke off with a loud sob, turning in her seat and swiftly burying her splotchy face in the safety of moisturized hands.

 

Completely disregarding the look of pure disgust his farther shot at him Key granted a small sneer to twist his effeminate features as he stared at the back of his mothers hunched in body. They were sorry? THEY were sorry? Where was this sympathy when they missed every school play he ever starred in? or how about every birthday where one of his many nanny’s would present him with a half hazardly prepared cake brought from the local corner shop? Or even any time he fell over as a kid and grazed his knee and neither of them were around to kiss it better? They weren't remorseful then, they were not in the least bit remorseful to him, not then, not now.

 

They were only remorseful to what he had done to their reputation, how he had ruptured the firm base of trust and superiority they had laid around them, how he fragmented all the connections they had ever made with one simple move. How he destroyed the only thing they cared about.

 

The corner of his eyes had begun to moisten at the sudden spike of bitterness he felt towards the two people who sat in front of him and it was only when he lowered his head to stare at his hands had he let the large build-up of emotions that had occurred over the last few weeks due to constant overwhelming invasions of sorrow and self-pity to finally flow and escape through the excuse of large salty droplets of water that run rivulets down his defined cheekbones and on to his moisturized fingers.

 

Honestly Key did regret the consequences of what he did, he regretted that fact that every night as he laid on bed he could hear his parents screaming and blaming it on one another, he regretted that half their staff – the closest things he had to family – had handed in their resignation the same very evening he had came home from the police station. What he regretted the most though was the fact he didn’t regret lighting the actual flame. He shed no grief on the devouring flame he released on his overpriced school. It was still fire and it was still his safe haven, his heaven.

 

Key didn't bother to dry his eyes as they drove past large wrought iron gates, he didn't bother to return his mother’s hug as they both stood outside the car, he didn't even bother to look  at his dad.

 

He did allow his mother to drag him past the doors, he allowed doctors to shake his hands and didn’t argue when two large men in white jackets guided him and his bags into a achromic elevator and pressed the button for the second highest floor.

 

With his face still stained with the discharge of his emotions he simply willed his body to relax, to accept the hard shoves into the hallway and past many heavy metal doors, until they finally stopped at one halfway and he and his belongings thrown in.

 

Honestly Key didn’t regard himself as insane, he never related that word to himself. Sure he had used it for other people; the woman at the end of the street who owned 12 cats or the girls at school who thought purple highlights made them look cute and cool. But never did he categorize himself with it.

 

He knew what it meant, the dictionary described it as being mentally deranged, the opposite of sane. But he’s watched the films and read the books and he just wasn’t it, It was never anything he could relate to.

 

 

So why, He contemplated standing in the middle of a plain white room which held 5 beds, two middle aged doctors staring at him through a small window inbedded into a metal door, Am I here?

 

 

 

so guys, long overdue update. Sorry if it's horrendous and you're seriously considering pouring bleach on your brain to forget  it. but like I said, it's my first story >3<
Seriously thank all you guys for subscribing <3 and I'm working on the playlist but for now I was listening to this for the majority of writing this chapter.
Cool cool cool.