New Year's Eve with you

New Year's Eve with you

    "HAPPY NEW YEAR HYUNG!" Seungri screams into Jiyong's face while carelessly shoving a box of chocolate pocky into the poor man's hands.

    "Maknae, why are you giving out boxes of pocky? Don't you have anything better to do?" Jiyong couldn't help but sigh at the situation after softly scolding Seungri. Being the social butterfly that the maknae is, of course he is giving out boxes of pocky to everyone. It is the New Years after all, present-giving following on from Christmas continues to promote the domination of consumerism. At least it's something small, Jiyong decided to treat it as a little act of kindness from the ecstatic boy.

    "Aw hyung, don't be such a sour-ball on New Year's Eve! You're supposed to be enjoying the holiday. I know we don't have the day off today, but you can still submerge yourself in the New Year spirit with the rest of YG!" Seungri departs the frowning man, sticking out his tongue and then running off to bother his next victim. Wasn't it Christmas spirit? When did New Year's spirit become a thing?

    Jiyong was never one to be against the holidays, in fact, Christmas and the New Years has always been one of his favourite times of the year. It was a time when the snow in Korea softly decorated the busy city in white, automatically making the streets more festive and magical. He wasn't annoyed by the celebration of the New Year at all, the only issue that was bothering him was that he had no one to spend the beautiful night with. The past years of the holiday had been amazing, curling up with cozy sweaters and mugs of hot cocoa on the heated living room floor of his parent's house with his noona, watching movies from tradition. It was similar to what the family did during Christmas, but family time is family time, they take whatever is offered. Sadly, this year Yang hadn't allowed anyone a day off until the evening, and his parent's house was too far to drive to that late at night. So now Jiyong stands idly in the cafeteria of the YG building, frowning at everyone making plans with each other at the club or with their love ones in the comforts of their homes.

    "What's with the face Ji?" Seunghyun asked, still casually smiling and bowing politely to everyone that noticed his arrival. He popped a small peppermint tea bag into a red and white striped mug and filled it with boiling water, the tea bag most likely left over from Christmas.

    "Want some tea? I would offer coffee, but I'm opting for a more celebratory drink for myself today, peppermint is as far as I'll stray. Too bad they don't have wine here, or else we'd really be celebrating." Seunghyun had always been a huge coffee drinker, it was actually surprising to see him ingest something other than the dark bitter liquid, or well, wine.

    "Ah hyung, no thanks, I'm fine. I'm just.... contemplating that's all. What've you been doing today?" Jiyong preferred not to dump his misery onto someone else on New Years Eve, especially not to Seunghyun. He didn't want to dampen anybody's lively spirits, even if they're nice enough to ask and offer tea.

    "Hey c'mon Ji, you know you can talk to your hyung, I'm here, listening. Oh also, I wanted to ask you earlier, but I couldn't find you anywhere and I forgot my phone at the villa today... Um... So I was wondering if you had any plans for tonight..." Seunghyun's voice trailed off, eyes landing on the younger's face trying to decipher Jiyong's sudden change in expression. It seems that Jiyong's eyes had lit up, widened and paired with an emerging smile.

    "So do you? Because I know how far away your parent's house is, I'm merely presuming that you wont be driving there tonight like the holidays before of course. My parents and noona are at a charity event tonight, that apparently I'm not invited to, so I can't just show up and be rude. It's New Year's Eve, I thought maybe we could spend a night in, I don't know, like together?" he finished off his sentence with a sip of his steaming tea, looking expectantly at Jiyong waiting for an answer. After hearing no reply from the man in front of him, he quickly stuttered,

    "I-I was just making a suggestion, I'm guessing you have plans... I will just spend New Year's Eve alone th-"

    "NO! No no no no. I went off thinking there, sorry. I would love to come over tonight, I don't have any plans so the night was going to be lonely for me as well. Thank you for inviting me hyung!" Jiyong replied much more swiftly compared to his previous standstill, followed by a warm hug to his hyung making the two men blush when separating. Even though the boys were already accustomed to hugging and touching each other, as well as to the other members of Big Bang for fan-service, such enthusiastic acts of closeness offstage became something different for Jiyong and Seunghyun. These were the moments were they smile shyly at each other and stand awkwardly scratching their heads, wishing the embrace would last just a tiny bit longer.

---

ding dong

    The door was pulled open a few seconds after Jiyong rapidly tapped a little melody on the wood. Seunghyun had refused to get an electronic doorbell when furnishing the villa, Jiyong remembered the time when he said it was more homey hearing the sound of a knock. It wasn't logical when Jiyong had heard the explanation for the first time. But as the number of times he visited the older man's home increased, he grew accustomed to the deep hollow knocks when his knuckles came in contact with the door, almost mentally persuading him to get rid of the doorbell on his own door.

    "Hey, didn't I give you keys to the place? I gave them to you so you can let yourself in, you come here often anyway. It's not a decoration for your own set of house keys. Thanks for the wine by the way, we'll pop it open in a bit." Seunghyun chuckled whole-heartedly, reaching forward to grab hold of the cold wine bottle Jiyong was cradling. He stepped forward from the small lobby and began kicking off his shoes to retrieve a pair of "giyongchy" slippers from its respective position in the shoe wardrobe. His visits to the villa were frequent, so he even had a specific spot for where his slippers sat when he was away.

    "Well it's not my house, so I don't really feel like I should just walk in. Plus, I personally enjoy knocking on your door and seeing..uh.. you open it to welcome me in..." There was hesitation in Jiyong's voice when he said the last part, he didn't know how Seunghyun would react if he had said something along the lines of "I like seeing you smile at me so warmly when you see that its me behind the door."

    "Alright, if you say so. Though you're still welcome to use those keys whenever you like Ji."

    "I know, I know, don't worry about them, I'll use them one day. So, what's cooking chef? You better not have just ordered, I know how well you cook Seunghyun, even though you don't like to reveal that little secret to people," Jiyong moved his legs quickly towards the delicious aromas coming from the kitchen to be greeted by a neatly messed countertop and two simmering pots rendering scrumptious smells.

    "Go sit and wait, I built a little cushion pile in front of the television, you can start up a movie if you like. I'll bring the food over in ten."

    "I was going to offer to help, but I guess you don't need any. I'll be over there snuggling with your pillows. Actually, you might see me rolling on the ground, you know, with the precious floor heating."

    "Good to know you still do that, I vaguely remember the teenager attached to my living room floor when we were younger."

    "Hyungggg shut up," he replied, failing to come up with a suitable comment to make and stomped his way out of the kitchen.

 

    The two boys spent the night devouring Seunghyun's food in front of the wide-screen television, chattering about the fun times they had during the tour, telling each other about their families that they now rarely visit. Though they would never stop appreciating the dedication of fans worldwide and the better life that fame has brought them, it was certainly nice to take a short break from the hectic schedules and glamourous life of a Big Bang member. They enjoyed staying in and spending time with people who were important to them, like now with just Jiyong and Seunghyun.

    Throughout the evening, Seunghyun had opened another bottle of wine from his collection, while Jiyong lazily crawled to the disc console to switch between movies. They were able to fully relax and relish in each other's company, watching mindless movies one after another. When Seunghyun came back from the bathroom, the ticking of the clock on the wall caught his eye.

    "Uh.. Ji... We sort of missed the countdown. It's already one-thirty." Immediately, Jiyong ceased his tumbling and jumped onto his feet.

    "WHAT! How the hell did we manage that?" He fumbled with the remote to find the news channel. "Aish I was looking forward to the countdown so much. Hyunggggg it's all your fault, why didn't you remind me!" Footage of the 'Countdown Seoul 2013' festival in Seoul's very own Times Square and the annual bell ringing ceremony at Central Seoul were being replayed with more news channel commentators, making Jiyong jealous of the lively crowds in the videos.

    "Ji, I'm sorry, I didn't realise what the time was. I mean, we were having so much fun together, it doesn't matter that we missed the countdown right?" Seunghyun spoke with sincerity laced with distress, he didn't want the other to be angry with him during the first moments of 2013.

    "Ahh it's okay, you're right,  it doesn't really matter, I'm sorry for complaining just a second ago. But um... I wanted to..." Jiyong mumbled something incoherent with his head down, trying to hide the rosy blush that was quickly tinting his cheeks and neck.

    At this moment, Seunghyun was suddenly reminded of his original countdown plans for the night. He his heels and ran towards his room, leaving Ji in the living room thinking that he had angered his hyung. Jiyong was surprised by Seunghyun's reaction, it wasn't like him to run off like that so he pushed aside his thoughts and made his way to the bedroom. Unexpectedly, the man was rummaging through some drawers in his wardrobe.

    "Found it, thank god I didn't lose it." Seunghyun turned to Jiyong and gently placed a black velvet bag with gold detailing into his palm. The packaging looked familiar to Jiyong, yet he couldn't place where he had seen it. "It's for you, a New Years present I guess, I hope... I hope you'll accept it." Confused, Jiyong noticed the odd choice of word. Accept? He never said that when he gifted Ji something previously.

    Studying the older man's face, he was taken aback by the child-like grin adorning his features. He looked as if he was about to open a long-awaited present on Christmas Day. Jiyong carefully ped the closure and pulled out the gift. It was a beautiful teal version of the blue and black beaded bracelets they've each gifted before. He looked up again at Seunghyun's now nervous face, then to his right wrist. Sure enough, below the cuff of his sweater sat three bracelets, two matching the ones on Jiyong's own wrist and one matching the gift.

    "Hyung, you shouldn't have! Thank you so mu-"

    "No Ji, look at the bracelet again, you don't understand." Jiyong lifted the hand holding the bracelet and moments later his eyes zeroed on the tiny etch of a "SH" on one of the gold beads.

    "What? SH... Sherlock Holmes? Hyung what are you trying to tel-"

    "Seung Hyun, Ji, not Sherlock Holmes. I don't know what goes through your mind sometimes... Here, mine says JY, JY for Ji Yong. What I'm trying to say is that I like you Ji, I've liked you for a long time now. I guess I wasn't forwards enough when I bought the blue bracelets for us, you know, they were supposed to be couple bracelets, but you didn't understand and bought a black set in return. I should have told you this a long time ago, and I'm sorry I didn't, but I really do like you a lot Ji. Hell, it might even be love... I was hoping to do this right before the countdown, but time passes quickly when you're having fun, so I completely missed my opportunity then. Never the less, I was hoping you would feel the same way towards me, so um will you be my boyfriend and accept the gift? Sorry I shouldn't be rambling on and on..."

    "Yes Seunghyun, yes! I like you too, and for a long time as well. Sorry for being oblivious before, I didn't mean it. Thank you Hyun, I love the bracelets, New Year's Eve with you was amazing."

    Seunghyun was practically in tears by the time Jiyong finished talking, he pulled the younger into a bone-crushing hug and pulled away just a second later to connect their lips.

    When the new couple finally separated to take a breath, Jiyong giggled, "Hyun, can we go roll on the floor heating some more?"

 

//fin

Ack I'm not really good at writing, but I hope you enjoyed that none the less.

Happy New Year everyone, may the new year bring great things to each and every one of you^^
Thanks for reading, again, sorry I'm late mianhae
.
Comments and feedback is always welcome, they really do mean a lot to me so thank you.
-Straw