Because who can dislike the scent of coffee in the morning, and plaid shirts?

Morning Coffee & Plaid Shirts

How can something that tastes so bitter give off such a warm and welcoming scent? And why does it feel as if it begs me to wake up? Damn caffeine...

These were the thoughts running through Myungsoo's head before he began stretching his stiff body. It puzzled him that he, second only to Dongwoo in heavy sleeping, woke by himself when the aroma of freshly brewed coffee found it's way into the bedroom. He wondered what time it was and let his eyes squint open, a bit unprepared for the light that illuminated the room. When he could finally focus he grabbed a hold of his phone and stared in awe at the display. It was midday!

Stumbling his way off the bed and out of the room he managed to make a lot of noise. It seemed to have startled the very person who currently were occupying the kitchen. A tall but slender boy stood there, body tensed with suprise, widened eyes and his mouth shaped with an 'o'. Myungsoo blinked at him, he himself was suprised. Usually it was Sungyeol who occupied the kitchen in the morning, making coffee for himself. But then again, it wasn't really morning right now, was it.

"Yah, hyung! Would you mind taking it easy?" Myungsoo blinked again, straightening up his back and mumbling a quiet 'sorry'.

The maknae who had recently gained a lot of height, reached up into the cabinet and took out an additional mug, which he put beside his own, and poured some of the black, hot liquid into it. He handed it to Myungsoo who still seemed to not have woken up properly yet.

"Thanks" he accepted it and almost burned his tongue and throat at the first gulp. "This never happens when Sungyeol makes coffee in the morning. He always keep it to himself." He added with a slight smirk.

"Well, don't get used to it. I don't plan on being everybody's maid all the time." The smirk fell and he began wondering what had gotten their maknae in such a foul mood.

Not wanting to add fuel to the fire by asking him he just decided to keep quiet and take in his surroundings. The others seemed to be away at their respective schedules and the place was quiet. Noticing the clean floor and compared to the day before, neatly tucked away tools, and books and stuff, it seemed as if the youngest in the group had cleaned the whole morning. Most likely because of a certain, nagging, eyeless leader.

Ah! That explains the pissy mood...

Deciding that he shouldn't comment on the clean appartment in fear of his 'still a bit mushed head' his eyes fell back onto Sungjong who seemed to be caught in his own thoughts. He had a bit messy hair and was wearing sweatpants, and a plaid shirt. Myungsoo's plaid shirt. How come he didn't notice that until now? It was one of his favourites too.

"Isn't that mine?" He asked, already knowing the answer. Sungjong looked onto the shirt and shrugged his shoulders.

"I'm wearing a t-shirt under, I felt cold and it was just lying around on the floor..." He looked away a bit while saying it. Myungsoo suspected he felt a bit guilty for not asking if he could borrow it. He decided to just nod. "I hope it doesn't bother you though... At least you don't have Sunggyu-hyung stealing your underwear." Sungjong rolled his eyes and Myungsoo smiled knowingly.

"Just don't forget to return it eventually." He sent his trademark smirk toward Sungjong who squinted his eyes at the action. He finished his coffee and turned around to wash the now empty mug. It made Myungsoo realize that he still had practically all of his left. He gulped it all down and put it down in the sink. Sungjong stared unbelievably at him before sighing in defeat and washing the second mug too.

I wonder what Sunggyu-hyung have said to make him so obedient?

"Sorry, I should have washed it myself." He said when Sungjong turned the water off and turned to leave the kitchen.

"Don't sweat it, this is your first free day in a while, you should take it easy..." The monologue tone made the older of the two feel bothered.

Is that how Sunggyu-hyung made you clean the whole dorm?

When Sungjong turned around with shock evident on his face Myungsoo realized that he had asked the question out loud... And he was also spot on right. Sungjong turned his back at him again and was on his way to escape into his and Hoya's shared room. But Myungsoo grabbed a hold of him.

"Yah, just let go." 

"Yah, I'm your hyung, show some respect." Those words made Sungjong freeze. Several minutes seemed to pass by before...

"What's the meaning of respect when it's not returned?" Sighing, Myungsoo pulled the younger into a warm embrace, still with the maknae facing away from him.

"You don't mean that..." He mumbled, burrowing his face into Sungjong's hair, inhaling the clean scent. The younger tensed a bit, not too comfortable with the slightly intimate act. He turned around and put his arms in between him and the older. Myungsoo looked down at the frowning maknae, he seemed to have shrinked down a bit, he usually held his head high. In a silent protest toward the younger's reluctance, Myungsoo pulled him into a frontal hug, ignoring the whines and complaints from the lips muffled against his shoulder, and ruffled Sungjong's hair before giving him a kiss right above the ear.

"So, tell me what more Sunggyu-hyung told you to do and let's do it together." He released the younger and received a glare before a pout became evident.

"He told me to clean all the bedrooms..."

"He and Woohyun-hyung can clean their own room. I won't risk being blamed for things getting lost." Sungjong snorted at the remark. "Besides, if it's you I don't mind my favourite shirts being borrowed every now and then, you look good in them." He sent another one of his smirks toward Sungjong before attempting to pull him into another hug. To his disappointment Sungjong got away this time.

"And I guess if it's you, I could consider making an extra cup of coffee every morning." Sungjong replied but quickly added: "But you better not hug me however you want."

 

 

And if the other members noticed Sungjong wearing Myungsoo's shirts and brewing him coffee in the morning of the months to come, they didn't show it. They did however comment on Myungsoo's increasing skinship with their maknae. Woohyun had said something like "You act as if you were a koala holding on to your precious tree." Earning a smart reply from Sungjong with the likes of "Shouldn't he hold on to you then, Namu?"

 

*    *    *

A/N: puah! I should write more often... I wonder if I should consider that my new year promise... Along with getting the drivings licence... And a job... If it turns out well this year, I might enter University again, majoring in proffesional writing ^-^ do you think that would suit me?

comments are very much appreciated! ㅅㅂㅅ