Just You and Me

Just You and Me

 

“Hey Tiff,” You called. I turned.

There it goes again, that moment when everything else ceases to exist.

“Come here.” I went. You welcomed me with open arms.

Lights are shining down on us. Music booming all around. Cameras, eyes, never leaving us.

Your eyes on mine, looking at me like I’m the only one you see.

You smiled. And that was all I can see. One look and I fall in love with you all over again.

Your hands on my body; you are all that I have. I’m all yours.

I fix your fringe, your eyes flutter shut at my touch. I’m all that you want, all that you need.

Your breath on my neck. “You’re beautiful.” Your voice was all I can hear.

You leaned your head against my chest, your arms around my waist, my arms around your shoulders. My heart beat racing along to the thumping of the music that was your heart. I love you. I love you.

“Can you hear it?”

“Your heart?”

“My love.”

“No need to say.”

You leaned in, your hair blocking out the outside world, the probing eyes; only the two of us in our world.

A swift kiss on my lips.

Those 10 seconds that made me feel like I was the only one that mattered to you in the world.

Even if we have to keep our love hidden, unknown to anyone else, as long as you love me and I can love you, that’s all I care, it’s all that matters.